GTA 4 the hot slut that everyone wants to bone... errr play!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

GTA 4 the hot slut that everyone wants to bone... errr play!

Post by Anubis »

Forgive the title but i felt it best describes the game.

Every one slams this game, mostly people who have never played it, these are the girls. The gamers who love and/or obsessed with the game, these are the guys.

GTA 4 is the hot slut. The guys are fascinated and keep coming back for more, and the girls trash talk the slut at every chance that arrives.

I'm sorry but i had to say it!

I never really played GTA until i bought the latest game today for my Bday.

all i have to say...

GTA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!

Even though i played only a couple of hours so far, I am blown away!

I love the characters, game play, the real life New York feel the liberty city has taken, and not to mention the sheer amount of satire! Which is every where on the radio, on the TV! burning no TORCHING!!! everything that is stupid about our culture and society! Oh man!

in my opinion it ain't no halo, but damn it's a close second!
Last edited by Anubis on Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Welcome to paradise, Anubis :lol: !
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

It looked fun, but I'm really a PC gamer.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GTA 4 the hot slut that everyone wants to bone... errr p

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:Forgive the title but i felt it best describes the game.

Every one slams this game, mostly people who have never played it, these are the girls. The gamers who love and/or obsessed with the game, these are the guys.

GTA 4 is the hot slut. The guys are fascinated and keep coming back for more, and the girls trash talk the slut at every chance that arrives.

I'm sorry but i had to say it!

I never really played GTA until i bought the latest game today for my Bday.

all i have to say...

GTA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!

Even though i played only a couple of hours so far, I am blown away!

I love the characters, game play, the real life New York feel the liberty city has taken, and not to mention the sheer amount of satire! Which is every where on the radio, on the TV! burning no TORCHING!!! everything that is stupid about our culture and society! Oh man!

It ain't no halo, but damn it's a close second!
You have never played a GTA game before that? You should be a shame! GTA has almost always outdone Halo in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. And just so everyone knows, GTA4 sold more than Halo 3 in pre-orders.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Correct. Halo is a poor example of game play because they have nothing in terms of new innovations. The original Half-Life had more in terms of game play and replay value. Alas, it was before the Halo generation. GTA however, is all about game play. Also lucky for us, the graphics quality is finally more on par with todays standards.

I'm waiting for the PC version. I'm not going back to consoles for the time being.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

GTA IV has been put in the Guinness World Records for overwhelming sales and becoming the fastest-selling game in 24 hours.
3.6 million copies = $310 million

(Also waiting for PC version, Really hope that it could run on Core 2 Duo T7300 on 2GB RAM w/ GeForce 8400M G...yeah, My spec's sucks.)
Literally fading away...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Confidential wrote:GTA IV has been put in the Guinness World Records for overwhelming sales and becoming the fastest-selling game in 24 hours.
3.6 million copies = $310 million

(Also waiting for PC version, Really hope that it could run on Core 2 Duo T7300 on 2GB RAM w/ GeForce 8400M G...yeah, My spec's sucks.)
well it is certainly helped by the fact it came out at the same time for 360 AND PS3
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* I never really understood what made Halo so cool (and yes, I have tried it: to me it's just another shooter). But yeah, for the longest time, GTA was my #1 cause of skipped meals and lack of sleep, and all because of two little words people: Replay value.

I don't have a PS3 or 360 yet, and based on my current financial situation, I don't expect to have one any time soon, but GTA4 will definitely, definitely be the first title I get for it.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Confidential wrote: (Also waiting for PC version, Really hope that it could run on Core 2 Duo T7300 on 2GB RAM w/ GeForce 8400M G...yeah, My spec's sucks.)
No, it doesn't. Your computer is hell lot better than mines!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Can you guys just stop dissing on Halo?

Let me tell you that halo is just as innovative like a lot of good other games.

Let me tell you what kind of impact Halo made on gaming.

1) Every FPS on consoles OWES Halo CE, because it was the first to come up with and utilise the two analog stick control scheme that may i add is pretty much a standard on FPS. Since then FPS on consoles stopped sucking (uniformly) because before then they couldn't come up with a control scheme that works well (With Golden Eye being an exception).

2) Halo 2 was the first game to do away with health packs. The old standard that you had to collect Hit Points to recover from getting wound in game. Now it's about how much you are hit and how long can you not get shot before your HP can regenerate.

3)Dual wielding (halo2) - it may not be a big innovation but it did have a big impact on how you played.

4) Multiplayer (Halo3) - I dare you to find a game that rival's Halo3's multiplayer matchmaking system!

5) Forge (halo3)- what other game that allows you to monkey with a multiplayer map like forge does (that is on a console!). Then share and play on it with your friends online!

6)Theater(halo3)- What other game that lets you do that!? Record every game you play, go back record clips and screen shots. Making it possible for you to proove to your Xbox live buddies that awesome no-scope you did the night before actually happened! Also gives would be machinima film makers to produce a good looking machinima.

I think the problem why people think Halo is "just another shooter" They play the millions of copy cats out there before coming across halo to know any better or just got desensitised by them and forgotten what halo is responsible for, and how big of a impact it has made.
THE GAME

My Armory
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

IndianaJones wrote:
Confidential wrote: (Also waiting for PC version, Really hope that it could run on Core 2 Duo T7300 on 2GB RAM w/ GeForce 8400M G...yeah, My spec's sucks.)
No, it doesn't. Your computer is hell lot better than mines!
lol, The old one was a Pentium 4 Hyper-Threating 2.60GHz, 1.5GB RAM (formerly 512MB, but upgraded) and GeForce 6200 on AGP8X bus (formerly GeForce 4MX 440 - it really sucks).

I could play all GTA games on both PCs. (Except the original GTA which has major graphic issues, supposely the GeForce cards do not support legacy games.)

btw, I'm not the fan of Halo or any X360 games.
(But I used to play GOW though, on PC...Just too laggy to play.)
Literally fading away...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

stop complaining about your computer states, i run all my computer games off 736 MB of RAM so enjoy what you have :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I wouldn't say that GTA4's graphics are that great (although maybe they are kinda on-par), because based from a stillshot i saw of Niko sitting on a bench near Dmitri, I noticed that the background behind them still has those "hey let's slap on some blocks and hide the lack of detail with eye-popping textures!!" kinda things. There wasn't any extra polygons to not make the windows look like they're just texture. :|

I think it's safer to say that the quality is more on par with an updated GTA LCS with lighting and noticeable improvement on character models.

Still, the gameplay looks great. If i had it for me to play, i'd settle with this so i can wait until MGS4 and RE5 comes out.
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Lukas wrote:stop complaining about your computer states, i run all my computer games off 736 MB of RAM so enjoy what you have :P
Sorry, But I'm sure at least one or two (or more) members here got a PC with high specs. Like Intel Core 2 Quad and performance GeForce 8 Series (8600GT or better), or maybe even the groundbreaking GeForce 9 Series.

That will run Crysis extremely smoothly, and will of course, fully support the GTA IV on PC. :P

Btw, Just only 736MB of RAM? That wouldn't run Vista properly. You should upgrade to 1GB once you're ready.
(Still, I prefer XP, I might upgrade to Vista if them games aren't supporting DirectX 9 anymore.)
Literally fading away...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

In all honesty, GTA's previous game story lines never pressed any buttons with me. I always thought it was kind of about randomly slashing the whores standing along the streets, driving over pedestrians with ambulances, and using cheat-codes to turn everyone into ninjas. But, and it's not that I'm against violence in video games or anything, I suppose I have better things in mind than glorified criminal activity.

Yet, I completely admit. GTA is witty and satirical, and totally innovating.

'Course, I'm a female. I guess I don't know better.

Oh, and Anubis: About Halo; Total Agreement. I only pick and choose between a couple first-person shooters for my enjoyment. (Seriously, like, there's a zallion shooters and I'm not all that interested in them.) but Halo has proven to be a favourite to me, to my brothers, and my best friend -- and none of us are shooter fanatics.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote: 1) Every FPS on consoles OWES Halo CE, because it was the first to come up with and utilise the two analog stick control scheme that may i add is pretty much a standard on FPS. Since then FPS on consoles stopped sucking (uniformly) because before then they couldn't come up with a control scheme that works well (With Golden Eye being an exception).
Not if the console is any other console than the 360. As far as gameplay goes (because I like Halo's story), it's control scheme is one of thethings Halo did superbly well.
2) Halo 2 was the first game to do away with health packs. The old standard that you had to collect Hit Points to recover from getting wound in game. Now it's about how much you are hit and how long can you not get shot before your HP can regenerate.
Not entirely.

The Getaway did that too. Only you had to lean on a wall first.

And so did Enter The Matrix, however, ETM is a horrible, horrible game and should be avoided like the bubonic plague.
3)Dual wielding (halo2) - it may not be a big innovation but it did have a big impact on how you played.
Dunno about this one. Could swear a few games did it first.

I mean, technically, I could say Tomb Raider did it first because Laura and her dual pistols is practically a trademark image of the series. But it's not the sort of "grab SMG, grab pistol" or "grab plasma rifle, grab plasma pistol" etc that H2 did.
4) Multiplayer (Halo3) - I dare you to find a game that rival's Halo3's multiplayer matchmaking system!
I'll give you that, even if it's purely a console thing.

PCs have, forever, had a real nice system where the servers availible are all listed and you can go play on those and kick a** where ever you wish.
5) Forge (halo3)- what other game that allows you to monkey with a multiplayer map like forge does (that is on a console!). Then share and play on it with your friends online!
I'll give you that, but it's still a console only thing.
6)Theater(halo3)- What other game that lets you do that!? Record every game you play, go back record clips and screen shots. Making it possible for you to proove to your Xbox live buddies that awesome no-scope you did the night before actually happened! Also gives would be machinima film makers to produce a good looking machinima.
FRAPS + Any game ever made.

Theather is only innovative for consoles, but it's something any PC gamer can have with a recording program like FRAPS.

Halo has a nice control scheme and a comfortable, if generic, play style that's easy for most people to get into. But it's hardly as innovative as many other games, no offense.

Now, then, back to GTA4.

I've only played GTA4 a litte but I love it. They've improved the combat which makes me cackle with glee, even if the cars all seem to handle as if the road is made of butter and the camera wants to fly up the tailpipe for some odd reason. The story is as rich and colorful as ever and I really like Niko because he's not some handsome pretty boy, he's not young compared to most protagonists. He's been around the block and done some really bad things. And he's a bit remorseful over some of it. It's kinda interesting. Especially since all previous GTA heroes were either Italian mafia types, or in CJ's case, a gangbanger.

Niko's a Serbian war vet, former human trafficker and belongs to not set group of criminals when you start out. He's just a guy who does stuff for people.

Oh, and the music is pretty fun. Russian pop, hahaha.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

FRAPS + Any game ever made.

Theather is only innovative for consoles, but it's something any PC gamer can have with a recording program like FRAPS.
I'll give you 1-5 but on 6 I'm sad to say you are way mistaken!

Have you even played Halo 3 and used it's theater function? A console, a capture card and editing software don't equal H3 saved films, it simply does not!

One... It's not integrated with the software in the first place, not like Fraps+console or hypercam+PC or whatever. It on Halo3 comes built in!

Two... The way you suggested just records what you see on the screen and you have to know how to use capture devices/software to do it.

However Halo 3 not only does it automatically records every game you played. It allows you to revisit the past 25 games and allows you to also break away from the standard 1st person perspective, but also allows you to go into the 3rd person and even break free and capture action at any angle you plz. It even allows you to check out what the bloke on the other side of the map is doing. You can record clips and take screen shots, and share them with you friends at a moments notice, and it's EASY!!!

A capture device will never be an equivalent for Halo3's theater. it's just not as it is a pathetic imitation of it.
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote: However Halo 3 not only does it automatically records every game you played. It allows you to revisit the past 25 games and allows you to also break away from the standard 1st person perspective, but also allows you to go into the 3rd person and even break free and capture action at any angle you plz. It even allows you to check out what the bloke on the other side of the map is doing. You can record clips and take screen shots, and share them with you friends at a moments notice, and it's EASY!!!
I'll grant that it may be superior in some aspects, however, that does not make it innovative.

It just makes it better. It's just like moving from blocky models to smoother more real ones. It's better, but not really innovative. You just took what was there and polished it up.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Anubis wrote:Can you guys just stop dissing on Halo?

Let me tell you that halo is just as innovative like a lot of good other games.

Let me tell you what kind of impact Halo made on gaming.

1) Every FPS on consoles OWES Halo CE, because it was the first to come up with and utilise the two analog stick control scheme that may i add is pretty much a standard on FPS.
Nope. Goldeneye did that first. The only difference is that it used the C buttons, but really nothing new. I can't think of very many console FPS's that don't use two axis for aiming.
Nope. Numerous NES titles started that. Including my favorite NES game, Crystalis.
Again, Goldeneye did that first, and in either case, is expected from gamers to exist in all FPS titles.
Couple it with the already "same as ever" gameplay and its not so different. All Steam PC games already beat the level of multiplayer online organization.
Gary's Mod. Forge's older brother, who has more toys.
A previous Bungie title introduced that. Marathon. Also my number one fave of all time, Steel Battalion: Line of Contact.

Don't take it so personally when people are opinionated about Halo in the contrary. Its not like your going to change the minds of everyone on the board, nor will it effect your personal gaming experience if you do. Halo was good the first time I played it, but I just didn't see any reason to go back and play it again and again. My main reason for disliking it though? TOO EASY on even the hardest settings. Online play is filled with pre-teens that take advantage of the dauntingly evil auto-aim, which takes away the skill factor for me. I only liked the story, and bought all the Halo books.

What does all of this have to do with GTA4? I suppose the point i was making is the fact that this is, in contrast, a game that has very good reasons for its hype. These two games aren't even a part of the same genre, so I wont say more about Halo here.
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:What does all of this have to do with GTA4?
GTA could arguably be one of the best gaming franchises, not just for the XBox or Playstation, but one of the best ever.

The same could also be argued in favor of the Halo franchise. That's what Halo has to do with GTA.

And just for the record, I never said that I disliked Halo. I just think it's undeserving of consideration for the best gaming franchises ever; GTA isn't the only series I'd rank higher than Halo in that regard.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Damn is every one here is a freakin PC/PLaystation fanboy! ?

BTW, The only reason that i said "GTA is no halo" was... MY FREAKING OPINION! I did not mean it to be missconstrued as a fact!

you guys like usual can't read in between the freaking lines!!

(which is the main reason why i don't "vent" here any more)
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote:Damn is every one here is a freakin PC/PLaystation fanboy! ?

BTW, The only reason that i said "GTA is no halo" was... MY FREAKING OPINION! I did not mean it to be missconstrued as a fact!

Hardly. I've not touched a Sony console since my Ps2 died a long time ago. The PS3 is expensive and lacking titles I desire to play that are not available to my 360 or my PC. And I am no PC fanboy - I am merely pointing out that things are not as new or innovative as they may seem. Though I do somewhat prefer PCs to consoles due to their modifiable nature and a console scheme I find more suitable to myself.

Comparing games like GTA and Halo is, in the end, pretty silly anyways. They're different sorts of games. One is a linear FPS, the other is a sandbox-style game.
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

ive played gta 3 vice city san andreas and am currently playing gta 4

most of them i played a year ago because my bro had bought them...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Anubis wrote:Damn is every one here is a freakin PC/PLaystation fanboy! ?

Again, I say, relax. If the majority dislikes Halo prefers other games over it doesn't mean you're being attacked.
Us saying that Halo is no GTA, is "OUR FREAKING OPINION".
:P
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Yeah, but i love halo to the point where it actually bothers me to hear people just belittle it with out any real reason.

(weird i know, but i am a halo fanboy after all).

Halo has it's merritts, if they have a rabid and crazed following bungie has done something right. Maybe that they didn't create something truly innovative. But they have done was to create something truly special by using existing elements, polish them to a brilliance, and put them together in such a way that not only works but works awesomely well.

I haven't in this thread I didn't say anything to criticize GTA.

Untill now

In reality GTA hasn't been all too innovative as well. Yeah rock star made a new genre, but what they have done to build upon that? All they have done was polish the game play, and change the story and scenery. That's IT!!
Last edited by Anubis on Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory