TES: Oblivion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, good news!

We're going to order our video card, which should come thursday opr fraday or maybe monday... after which we get oblvion.

Wheee!

the only bad part is that i have to foot the bill right now... but that's ok, i have enough money...

how much is oblivion, again?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

It should be $50. $60 if you want the special edition
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Woot! I have Oblivion! :D

I'll join Vuldari on the whole "This game rocks!" thing. It does. Despite something that were removed, it kicks a** on so many levels. I played a little in the Main Quest and ...wow.

Never has the MQ unfolded so....epically. I don't know. I guess theres more urgency to a well-acted voice than to plain text.

*wanders back into the depths of OBLIVION*....
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Don't get this game, it will consume your soul. (it is already too late for me) I played it for 6 hours straight and I am still only level 3 :sleepy: I can do screen shots like I did for Starship troopers if anyone wants. And now for the epic debate, what to do in my free period, homework or oblivion....
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

homework. don;t kdi yourself, you can play oblivion later. Morrowind seriously screwed up my grades way bacj kwhen when i was addicted (does morrowind count as a 'gateway' game? lol) unitll i corected myself.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I have it and I love it.

nuff said
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Arggg......... need money... so busy with school... can't get job.... erg

Curse you Xbox 360 and your five hundred doller price tag! Curse you my PC with your Pentium 3 1.0 GHz!

*bracks down and sobs*
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

3 gig processor is the recommended amount for Oblivion you ding dong!

I have a 1.8 ghz duron. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

as much as i liked Morrowind... DOOM ON YOU OBLIVION!!!

my bro got it for his b-day. and he's been hoggint the xbox since. That means no Halo, or Perfect Dark Zero, or NFS Most Wanted, or Full Auto, or, sigh... any other xbox live gaming for me... And if it was good enough for me to sit and watch him play, then i doubt he'll get bored with it any time soon....

sigh...
good thing i like Brood War...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Erg... i played it for a while today at my friend's house...and i'm telling you right now...I vow to all that that is mighty and merciful that I WILL GET THAT GAME.
Timber-WoIf wrote: And if it was good enough for me to sit and watch him play
Yeah... Oblivion is one of those games... fun as all hell to play... boring as all hell to watch someone else play
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Since I first heard Bethesda planned to make Oblivion I wanted it and now I've finally got it!

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! First thing I did was join the Mage's Guild and I'm completely awestruck by Oblivion.

Ahhhh....
Eat more tobasco.
Lukoi
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Lukoi »

yayness... im kinda back... kinda! :D yeah... oblivion wuz probably the best game ive ever played (even though i only played it for like an hour :P ) the only problem is it doesnt work on my computer... so i gotta play it at my friends house! lol... but still... in that hour of gameing, i wuz in heaven.... oooooo... so awsome...

once i get a new computer, i will devote my life to oblivion... maby even become part of the game itself? perhaps... but yeah, its fun... im just trailing now... BUT ITS AWSOME!!!! :D
The ocean is 100% water, and the Moon gives it tides and waves.
Our bodies are 80% water, so what does the Moon do to us?

My Av's Creator:
Sabre
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I just posted this on the "Elderscrolls" forum, and thougt that it was worth sharing here as well.

...just for fun...

[The story of my Oblivion Character so far...with some exageration...]\

*Warning* Some Spoilers if you haven't played through the game.

The Story of "Khitar Farahn" ...as told with words and Pictures.

I was such a young, naive fool back then. Shortly after the Emperors assasination provided me a chance to escape from prison, I wasted no time getting back into the same old wreckless habits that got me in there in the first place. I was a Street Thug. I thought I was "all that"...but I wasn't. I was an Idiot. All I had was my Fists, and I thought that was all I needed back then. Though no one could deny that I could lay it down when I needed to, I would have been Dead if I hadn't lucked out on catching that Bandit off guard that night down in the caves. That guy had the moves. If I had let him draw his sword, I would likely be a cat-skin rug on his floor right now.

That Experience Loosened and Wisened me up, and helped me realise that if I wanted to make it BIG, I'd need some help. I needed "Connections". Lucky for me, the "Thieves Guild" found me before those B******s from the "Dark Brotherhood" did. S'Krivva came to be one of the greatest allies I could find. She Taught me almost everything I know now about being a thief, especially "respect" amongst thieves. (A word that didn't exist in my vocabulary before then)

I leaned how to keep a low profile, and how to use a blade (after nearly getting my @** handed to me by some lowlife Pirates). In time, I managed to step out of the Doyens shadow and ended up going solo as a pirate thief myself.

However, though I came to be quite wealthy and succesful from my pirating carreer, I soon found that it just wasn't satisfying me, and I began to look for more things in life. I found myself pondering nature, and the workings of the world, and was suprised to find that I desired to become a scholar.

Before I knew it, I was the newest apprentice of the Mages Guild (after using my fists to solve many of the local halls problems, and telling them I used magic. They believed me, and were very impressed.) After I made it into the University, however, my dry, brutish attitude was not very popular. They all wanted me to Smile a bit more. So I smiled. That shut them up pretty quick.

I continued in my studies and work with the Mages Guild, and thieved on the side, under the table, but once again, I felt that I had not yet found my true calling. I was wealthy, had a mansion in Anvil where I kept an eye on the pirate smuggling trade, and was a respected, upstanding (or so they thought) member of the Academy, but it just wasn't enough. The Shield I had recieved upon being dubbed a "Knight-Errant", glared at me from the corner of my Anvil Master Bedroom, and made me feel guilty for still hanging onto the Amulet of Kings, (in the hopes of selling it for an emperors ransom) and so I began on a quest to set things right. (Plus, the old geezers last words were repeating themselves in my nightmares and I could no longer sleep).

Who would have guessed the Emperors son was still alive? After beating the **** out of a army of Daedra, and rescuing the B****** son of the deceased emperor, I was declared the "Hero of Kvatch", and began to feel pretty proud of myself. I was even made a member of the famous Blades, where they taught me things about swordplay that I never imagined I would learn myself, back when I was a worthless thug. (I still keep the old irons they bound me with on my wrists to remind me of how far I have come.) I have become much Stronger than I ever thought I could be.

Being a celebrity isn't all it's cracked up to be, however. The higher you are, the more people try to tear you down.

For example, Numerous nasty rumors have begun to spread around Cyrodiil about how I have a "Shrine of Evil", in the basement of my Anvil Manor where I study Necromancy, and partake in evil rituals in secret. Some have even linked the mysterious kidnapping of S'Krivva to this "Imaginary" second life I supposedly live.

This is simply not true.

I Mourn the loss of S'Krivva and pray for her safe return...wherever she is.

Also, there has been speculation that I leveraged my recent promotion to Arch-Mage of the mages guild with death threats from the Mythic Dawn cult, which I am now "supposedly" the new master of...or so some claim.

Pure nonsense, I assure you.

*shifty eyes*
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Muy frio, Vuldari. Well when I first got the precious (AKA Xbox 360) I kept in a locket suitcase when I wasn't playing. i.e. night and feeding time. Well One night I forgot to turn the prescious off before I tipped it on it's side. What horrible screeching it made. I quickly flipped it back up to verticle and whipped out the disk drive. My beautiful Oblivion was scratched very bad. It wouldn't play for atleast a month. How sad I was. Then my brother stayed up until midnight to fix it then preceded to play it until 3am. Much love to my hermano. it plays now but it takes forever to laod. I don't care all that much. I get to play it again.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oblivion. Shiny. New. Boring. Or so I hear. Everyone's been telling me there's not enough to do. It's too short, and you have more freedom in Morrowind.

I can't run the bloody thing anyhow. My computer (now recently deceased *pokes the corpse*) was too old, and I hate the Xbox.

The story was nice though. :P
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Set wrote:Oblivion. Shiny. New. Boring. Or so I hear. Everyone's been telling me there's not enough to do. It's too short, and you have more freedom in Morrowind.

I can't run the bloody thing anyhow. My computer (now recently deceased *pokes the corpse*) was too old, and I hate the Xbox.

not enough to do? Who the hell told you that because there is PLENTY to do.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Cool story/pics Vuldari! :D

Your Khajiit is excellently made. Beat the hell out of mine. Then again, Vampirism f*** mine's face up.

Apparently, it resets your face to the default....

*stabs the devs that got that brillent idea/let that bug slip through*

Facegen is hell to work with on Khajiit.
Set wrote:Oblivion. Shiny. New. Boring. Or so I hear. Everyone's been telling me there's not enough to do. It's too short, and you have more freedom in Morrowind.

Its' not really that short.

Oh, it is, if you fast-travel everywhere. Those that whine about the shortness do that. Cyrodiil's friggin huge. If you walk/run/ride everywhere however, takes much longer.

You don't really have much more freedom in Morrowind. In Oblivion, like Morrowind, there aren't many chances to influence the outcome of something.

It is fun, esspecially when given a choice. [spoiler]Like in one quest with a Aylied artifact collector Umbaccano, you can give him either the Crown of Lindai or the Crown of Nenalata during one quest. This affects his final quest as if he's wearing the Crown of Nenalata when he proclaims himself king of Nenalata, he'll turn into a powerful lich thing. However, if like me, you gave him Lindai's crown, the magic-turret-thingies around the throne will power up and turn Umbaccano into elf-barbeque. :lol: [/spoiler]

I love the dungeons. Some of the traps are absolutely diabolical. One of 'em I ran into uses a series of three smashers to crush anything in the hallway, if you tripped it. Another had a bunch of walls slide up while the chamber filled with gas.

The quests are cool as well. On average, miscellenous and Daedric-shrine quests are more fun that most Guild Quests, barring the Dark Brotherhood, but there are a few guild quests that kick major a** (like the final Theives' Guild one. Badassry.) :D

And already modders are putting out all kinds of cool stuff. At first therer was a repeat of a trend from Morrowind - recolored glass armor - but some new and cool stuff is showing up. Someone rigged NPC idle animations to some rings so players can use the animations.

And since Vudari already showed off his screens, I'll show off some of mine... :D

Aki the Battlemage, my main character

Utilizing the "weapon grab" animation. Looks cool, huh?

Ri'Vakar, Khajiit, Vampire, and Dark brotherhood Assassin.

Lurking over his next "meal"....

Irvyn, my theif character..

A earlier design for Irvyn. I abaddoned it because well...he looked hideous and more like a assassin than a dashing robin-hood-esque thief. :P

and

Blades armor is highly effective at stopping arrows....

:D
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Good news everybody! I've just found TWO different werewolf mods (both WIP)!

http://werewolves.thelys.org/

http://www.elderscrolls-oblivion.com/in ... iewed.html
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

I just bought it today or yesterday rather, haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Can't wait!

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I was getting frustrated and annoyed with it when my graphics card burned out, (Second one my computer killed...which I recently confirmed was because of a defective Power-Supply which I finally replaced last week.), so I was not overly bummed at the time when my computer could not run it any more...

...but now I want to play it again, and my backup G-force 4 graphics card just doesn't have the power I need to do it.

It's not a "Perfect" game, and I would not call it my Favorite RPG (though it IS the prettiest) that I've played, but it is still fun, and I would really like to conclude the adventure and journey of "Khitar Farahn" (my character) and see the end of the main quest.

(...anyone have a spare current-gen graphics card they can give me?...NO?...DARN!...)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

I have it...but my computer lags badly preventing me from completing any quests involving more than 3 monsters ><

Even though I got stuck 1 week in its still very fun. Although I liked the Argonians from Morrowind better. It was a little awkward having a lizard turn into a wolf also...
My real online handle is Derutydragon
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

It's probably a while off, but I do plan on getting this game. I just got a new computer, but it's still not enough to handle Oblivion too well. It meets all of the minimum requirements, but NONE of the recommended requirements. It'll probably be a while before I have the money for the needed improvements.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Heh, I tried with my computer for the longest time, but it's a piece of crap. My 360 is my new hero.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I enjoy this game; modding is harder for it but it's got some sweeeeeet graphics.

IN other news, morrowind has some spinoff mods from Oblivion that have just made morrowind even more addictive.... hehe, I haven't played it in a year and I think my MW addiction is kicking in again.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kzinistzerg wrote:I enjoy this game; modding is harder for it but it's got some sweeeeeet graphics.

IN other news, morrowind has some spinoff mods from Oblivion that have just made morrowind even more addictive.... hehe, I haven't played it in a year and I think my MW addiction is kicking in again.
Such as?...

...come on...I could spend DAYS searching every Elderscrolls / Morrowind site on the planet and probably still not find what you are talking about because I don't know what the mods are called, or even what is in them.

I bought Oblivion because I loved Morrowind, and MW is still my favorite of the two. Oblivion won't run properly on my PC right now, but Morrowind runs just fine. I'd like to know what could possibly make MW even better. ...I wouldn't mind playing through that one again.

Would you mind sharing what these "spinoff" mods are with the rest of us Kzinistzerg?

=^.^'= ~