TES: Oblivion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Lukoi
Pack Member
Pack Member

TES: Oblivion

Post by Lukoi »

K, any of u guys planning on getting it? (besides Aki) because its looken awsome, their last game had werewolves in an expansion pack, so they will most likely have them in this one too. well, heers the site for any of u that havent heard of it...

www.morrowind.com

then u just click on oblivion screens, or u can read some of the forums for more info.
The ocean is 100% water, and the Moon gives it tides and waves.
Our bodies are 80% water, so what does the Moon do to us?

My Av's Creator:
Sabre
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: TES: Oblivion

Post by Vuldari »

Lukoi wrote:K, any of u guys planning on getting it? (besides Aki) because its looken awsome, their last game had werewolves in an expansion pack, so they will most likely have them in this one too. well, heers the site for any of u that havent heard of it...

www.morrowind.com

then u just click on oblivion screens, or u can read some of the forums for more info.
OH YEAH... I absolutely LOVED Morrowind, and there is no doubt in my mind that I will buy this game (and likely loose several weeks of my life to it afterward...or more).

This may sound really wierd comming from a werewolf fan, but I really wouldn't care much if they left the Werwolf out of OBLIVION, since I really didn't like how they were used in "Bloodmoon". From a story telling perspective, being "cursed" and forced to go on mass killing sprees from time to time is facinating...but it does not sound like fun to me from a gameplay perspective. (I'm too much of a "goodie two shoes" to do that.)

I hope the Beast Races look good in this version, (Kajiit, Argonian). I thought they looked pretty slick in Morrowind...exept for the way that they walked Image

I've seen no sign of them in the early screenshots and videos exept for one blurry creature that looks like it may be a Kajiit in the E3 video. (You have to slow it down and watch it frame by frame to even notice it.) If that was one of the new Kajiit, I hope it was just an early test model and not the final look...becasue it was butt-ugly. (I'd show you what I was talking about, but I don't know how to extract frames from a video and save them as images).

The Human character models look absolutely FANTASTIC though...so I might actually play the game as a human avatar this time around. ( *gasp* Image ) Screen Shot

*Impatiently stares at clock, waiting for Oblivion to come out*
"...one miute down, only several more months to go..."
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

I will buy Oblivion when it comes out, i hear it maybe out from November-ish but i bet it comes out at chrismas to boost sales lol.

The Bloodmoon exp for Morrowind was ok dispite the "werewolves must kill all" content. The good thing about the PC version is there are some decent werewolf mods for it. (if you look for ages on the net lol i carnt mod it very well.)
The Tribunel exp wasn't what i expected, i hardly go to Mournhold at all, never liked that place.

Not long till Oblivion now ^^
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Oblivion is going to be awesome methinks.

Even if the devs have stated no werebeasties of any sort will be in the base game (mayhaps a expansion, if not, someone will mod it. I'm sure. Theres too many modders and too many Werewolf fans for it to not happen eventually..) Though, as with Morrowind, the Vampires are in the base game. Oh well. I wonder how they'll look in the rising sun.

But it looks great nonethless. Everything about it seems so cool.

I've seen the new ebony armor and ...wow...

I'm going to the first guy I see in it for the suit. IT RULES. :D

I hope the Dunme rlook better than what I've seen thus far (you know the dude that looks like a ashen lunch lady...thats a dunmer smith.... )

Or the Altmer look GOLD instead of a sickly green-yellow...

One thing I love: Face. Gen.

As in, you get to make the face from details like eye colotr,skin tone, nose length/width, jaw width. etc all.

...So cool.. ^_^

The Radiant AI sounds so cool too. The character will actually move and do daily stuff instead of STANDING around like cardboard people. And...all their lines are voice-acted... K

So yeah: Oblivion = teh win
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Oblivion will pWn all. I've been waiting for it since Morrowind's release. I always hated being called "Outlander" But there are a lot less WW fans in Morrowind than you think. THeres like 1 WW fan for every 4 vampire ones... big difference unfortunately.
Se-gi of the wolves
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Se-gi of the wolves »

?? Does anyone know if there will be Werewolves in Oblivion? :?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Se-gi of the wolves wrote:?? Does anyone know if there will be Werewolves in Oblivion? :?
I said in my first post there were no werecritters of any type. This means Werewolves... :(

Maybe a Expansion or mod however... :D
Heres like 1 WW fan for every 4 vampire ones... big difference unfortunately.
Right. But Bloodmoon was pretty much the result of fans wanting Werewolves, so theres more than enough WW fans. Enough for Beth to see a profit in a expansion pack.

Besides, the expanion pack approach gets the Werewolf a Bloodmoon like expierance: Fully centered on the WW.

Vampires? Well as far as I know, they'll be as important in Oblivion as they were in Morrowind. IE, all but nonexistant if you're not running in every tomb in sight or running around at night (with Radiant AI, the vamps will hunt at night)... :lol:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

The DEVs did specifically state there were no shape-shifters, or should I say werecreatures, who knows if the Wabbajack will make it in... by god I loved that thing.

Though being a vampire should actually have some benefits this time. I believe vampires are more acccepted in Cyrodil than in any other province, If any dark elf starts whining I'll rip him a new one...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akela wrote:The DEVs did specifically state there were no shape-shifters, or should I say werecreatures, who knows if the Wabbajack will make it in... by god I loved that thing.

Though being a vampire should actually have some benefits this time. I believe vampires are more acccepted in Cyrodil than in any other province, If any dark elf starts whining I'll rip him a new one...
Rumor has it they've slipped into the society better, probablly because they won't be as horribly disguised in a way to yell "Im'a friggin Vampire everyone!" as they did in Morrowind. But accept? Oh no. No one likes having a bloodsucking monstrosity on their doorstep, esspecially the local Nine Divine Church (The Imperial Cult from Morrowind), and esspecially those among the church who worship Arkay (God of Life and Death) more than the other Nine.

So any Vampires who have infilrated Cyrodillic high society, are keeping their nature closely guarded, lest they be revealled, lose their reputation, and risk getting slain by the local Paladin.. :lol:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

It seems I know much more about TES lore than you.... it's no rumor, vampires are widely accepted in Imperial Aristocracy and are often portrayed as noble figures though I doubt they will actively advertise the fact, they will probably be regarded with contempt but not hatred. I can imagine some dunmer zealot getting arrested for attacking a vampire.
The Nine Divines will not be a joinable faction nor will the Legion be. There are so few guilds in Oblivion.... Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Dark Brotherhood, thieves guild, and the gladiators' guild seem like the only joinable factions. I hope Fargoth makes a cameo.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akela wrote:It seems I know much more about TES lore than you.... it's no rumor, vampires are widely accepted in Imperial Aristocracy and are often portrayed as noble figures though I doubt they will actively advertise the fact, they will probably be regarded with contempt but not hatred. I can imagine some dunmer zealot getting arrested for attacking a vampire.
The Nine Divines will not be a joinable faction nor will the Legion be. There are so few guilds in Oblivion.... Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Dark Brotherhood, thieves guild, and the gladiators' guild seem like the only joinable factions. I hope Fargoth makes a cameo.
Nah. I know alot about lore.

See, Dunmer aren't the only guys who hate undead. Something that FEEDS on PEOPLE. Isn't going to be accepted. Just because the Vampire can pick and choose his target doesn't remove the fact he hunts humans. Acceptance? No.

Arkay's priests and worshipers wouldn't abide a abonmination either. Life and Death. Unlife, to them, is blasphemy, and undead are wholly evil. Regardless of the Joinability of the factions, the Nine Divines wouldn't accept Vampires. No way in hell. In Daggerfall, the temples actually DAMAGED vampires. Not as bad as sun, but it damaged them.

To temple goers, this screams: I AM A UNHOLY ABOMINATION. :P

I have yet to see a Vampric noble, who is widely known as a Vampire in Lore. The only *rumored* ones are all in Morrowind, on the mainland in House Dres. On the council. But thats a rumor. A right stupid one too, as Dres, of all Dunmer hate Undead the most.

As liberal as the Imperials are, they won't allow known Vampires to walk the streets. If the Vampire masquerades as human however...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

There aren't gonna be werewolves in Oblivion. The developer told that in a interview. But perhaps, later as a add-on. I really liked Bloodmoon (not only because of the werewolves), the island had really cool creatures and weapons like the Bloodskal. :o Too bad about the bugs though. When your on a quest at the Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth will disappear. :? Just walk back and look for yourself. The developer must have thought that the player won't have any reason to go back to Fort Frostmoth so they deleted it (just temporarilly). Shame!
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

Morkulv wrote:I really liked Bloodmoon (not only because of the werewolves), the island had really cool creatures and weapons like the Bloodskal. :o Too bad about the bugs though. When your on a quest at the Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth will disappear. :? Just walk back and look for yourself.
There is no such bug when i play Solstheim's main quest, weird. I do sometimes get snow problems but thats easily solved in the config file.
Theres some ace barrow tombs with good weapons in, i like the ones with Bonewolves in. When they howl its sounds funny.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:There aren't gonna be werewolves in Oblivion. The developer told that in a interview. But perhaps, later as a add-on. I really liked Bloodmoon (not only because of the werewolves), the island had really cool creatures and weapons like the Bloodskal. :o Too bad about the bugs though. When your on a quest at the Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth will disappear. :? Just walk back and look for yourself. The developer must have thought that the player won't have any reason to go back to Fort Frostmoth so they deleted it (just temporarilly). Shame!
Nah, they didn't intend for that bug. If you're on X-box that is a rather common bug. Beth's game outstrips the puny X-box... :P

Seriously. The X-box version has a slightly smaller Raven Rock. Due to the full version causing performance issues.

But yes, Bloodmoon was Awesome. Bloodskaal endesd up scaring the crap out of me (*pick up* "I am not alone..." *turns in time to be struck in face with sword*)

:lol:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Prowler wrote:
Morkulv wrote:I really liked Bloodmoon (not only because of the werewolves), the island had really cool creatures and weapons like the Bloodskal. :o Too bad about the bugs though. When your on a quest at the Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth will disappear. :? Just walk back and look for yourself.
There is no such bug when i play Solstheim's main quest, weird. I do sometimes get snow problems but thats easily solved in the config file.
Theres some ace barrow tombs with good weapons in, i like the ones with Bonewolves in. When they howl its sounds funny.
I guess thats because of the XBox-version. At the west-shore, at Solstheim, you will found a cavern (forgot the name) that is locked. It has lock level 50 or something. Just pick it open, and you will found the Bloodskal (a magick sword) inside. When you pick it up, even your journal will update ("I have found a sword named 'Bloodskal'"). I still don't know what that meant, but the Bloodskal sure is a handy sword. :)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Aki wrote:
Morkulv wrote:There aren't gonna be werewolves in Oblivion. The developer told that in a interview. But perhaps, later as a add-on. I really liked Bloodmoon (not only because of the werewolves), the island had really cool creatures and weapons like the Bloodskal. :o Too bad about the bugs though. When your on a quest at the Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth will disappear. :? Just walk back and look for yourself. The developer must have thought that the player won't have any reason to go back to Fort Frostmoth so they deleted it (just temporarilly). Shame!
Nah, they didn't intend for that bug. If you're on X-box that is a rather common bug. Beth's game outstrips the puny X-box... :P

Seriously. The X-box version has a slightly smaller Raven Rock. Due to the full version causing performance issues.

But yes, Bloodmoon was Awesome. Bloodskaal endesd up scaring the crap out of me (*pick up* "I am not alone..." *turns in time to be struck in face with sword*)

:lol:
The werewolves looked nice, except for the head. The head is way too small. You can't fit a human brain in there. But apart from that, you are able to run on all fours. :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:
Prowler wrote:
I guess thats because of the XBox-version. At the west-shore, at Solstheim, you will found a cavern (forgot the name) that is locked. It has lock level 50 or something. Just pick it open, and you will found the Bloodskal (a magick sword) inside. When you pick it up, even your journal will update ("I have found a sword named 'Bloodskal'"). I still don't know what that meant, but the Bloodskal sure is a handy sword. :)
After that journal entry you're susposed to get one that says:

I am not alone

At which point a bunch of Skeleton Champions attempt to hack you into pieces. Scared me... :lol:

Thatsa about all to the sword though.
The head is way too small. You can't fit a human brain in there. But apart from that, you are able to run on all fours
On the head: One, Magick, Two the Werewolf of BM only uses the stuff neccesary to hunting, so it probablly removes everrything else and in the process brain size is reduced or something.

But, if you want to get into anatomical complaints: The hands, I hate the hands, they're BARE on the palms. Not even fur, let alone pads. You'd think with the ability to go on all fours...well...they'd have something like that to keep one from tearing his hands to peices on rocks and other sharp objects in the ground or freezing them off... :?
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Aki wrote: Nah. I know alot about lore.

See, Dunmer aren't the only guys who hate undead. Something that FEEDS on PEOPLE. Isn't going to be accepted. Just because the Vampire can pick and choose his target doesn't remove the fact he hunts humans. Acceptance? No.
Heh heh, your wrong again, TES Vampires don't need to feed on people let alone sentient life, they can survive just fine off animals or other creatures.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I'm definetly going to be glued to the door of teh local comp game store, desprately waiting for it to open so i can then glue myself to the computer and play oblivion. I've known about obliv since MEMOD shut down- and wanted it. *ME WANT!*

oh, vuldari, you should have tried SG"s werebetter mods- they make being a ww kick spotted owl. :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadowblaze wrote:oh, vuldari, you should have tried SG"s werebetter mods- they make being a ww kick spotted owl. :lol:
Naw...I think I know which one you are talking about, and I didn't like that one.

I use THIS one, and the related Fox Version.

It's a little (more like alot) more "Furry" than "Werewolf" but...meh...that's all I wanted anyway. The look...not the lifestyle.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akela wrote:
Aki wrote: Nah. I know alot about lore.

Heh heh, your wrong again, TES Vampires don't need to feed on people let alone sentient life, they can survive just fine off animals or other creatures.
Yes, but the Vampire has a reputation for feeding off people.

Bad rep + monster rep. = Burn at da steak.

Oh, and Vuldari, Sabregirl Re-did the Wolven with new textures and models. Much better.

^ :D

Can get 'em here

I like 'em. I use one as my main character right now (along with a Dunmeri Werewolf... ^_^ )
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

as you can see by my sig and avi I still enjoy morrowind, more for my dark elf side though
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Aki wrote:Oh, and Vuldari, Sabregirl Re-did the Wolven with new textures and models. Much better.

http://www.sabregirl.com/won/morrowind/wolv4.jpg
^ :D
Can get 'em here

I like 'em. I use one as my main character right now (along with a Dunmeri Werewolf... ^_^ )
Cool...though that doesn't look much different than the original. I see the head and torso textures look a bit more detailed (I may have to steal those and import them into my version), but otherwise, I don't see enough difference to completely switch over to that version.
(Also...the cheeks on the head do not blend with the neck. The head looks "detatchable" or something...)

Thanks for sharing...I never knew there was a version 3 of that mod.

I thought you were talking about This one.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

well now I know what gaem im buying next, Elder scrolls marrowind 3: game of the year edition. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

I've been waiting for Oblivion for a long time. That game looks incredible. Morrowind took up a huge portion of my life and I expect Oblivion to do the same. I always play as one of the cat guys (never could spell the name) every other char I made ended up being forgotten. I liked the way the werewolves looked and the fact that they can run on all fours, but I do agree with what's been said about the head and hands. Now I just need a computer that can handle it, the one I used can barely handle morrowind.