16%

Total votes: 49

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: The worst people on-line

Post by Terastas »

In lieu of current events at Neopets, I'd like to also mention people that think parade themselves around as "badass" or "evil" and act like that makes them the abomination and a half. For the record:

- Playing as the undead in World of Warcraft does not automatically make you look cool. It makes you look like an emo/goth depressant.

- Playing for the bad guys during an event in Neopets does not automatically make you look cool. You're playing Neopets for Pete's sake; "cool" is already so far out of reach it shouldn't even be in your dictionary.

I find these people especially irritating as they're often jerks, hackers or trigger-happy bigots on top of that. Try to convince me that you're "badass" or "evil" in a video game and the only thing I'll assume about you is that you still haven't gone through puberty yet.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Terastas wrote:- Playing as the undead in World of Warcraft does not automatically make you look cool. It makes you look like an emo/goth depressant.
Actually, I'm really annoyed by players who are under the age of 13. In World of Warcraft, the majority of said kids are on the Alliance, because they want to be the "good guys" and because the Horde characters look ugly.

Being an undead in WoW may make you look like an emo/goth, but there are those people that chose characters for gameplay and not looks; strategically, the Horde are better to go along with, because ther are no bratty kids. Little kids never cooperate on the Alliance. XD That's why they almost always lose in the battlegrounds.

I agree with you about the whole, "I'm cool 'cause I'm evil" thing, but my friends are in the Horde, and they constantly tell me about what I said above, because I was an Alliance character. And they're right.

--

I also hate Bots. They leave their computers on all day and night, leaving a service robot to do all their dirty work. It's not fun for social gameplay and it's not fair to those people who actually play the right way. And there's no sense of accomplishment if you ever do something like that, and when they play the game themselves, they brag about it to their friends, saying, "look at me, i'm so elite, i lvled up 2 bazillion times in three days!" or "hhheeeeyyy, looks at ma moneys!"
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

While I haven't played World of Warcraft myself, I've met enough people that do to have heard that, while little kids are indeed the most common bane of the Alliance, there are still just as many irritating players in the Horde; the Alliance is dominated by net rats, the Horde is dominated by everyone else we've ever griped about in this thread.

Right now, the ones that I find the most irritating are the sex simulators I mentioned in one of my first posts. The Spore creature creator has only been out for a month or two and already "penis monsters" are popping up on Youtube left and right. :x
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

UGH..... that reminds me of a person who created giant boobs and posted his creature on youtube as "the best creature ever..."

yeah, they tick me off a lot. my brother is one of them when he plays World of Warcraft, and I can't do a thing about it...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Mm. Hopefully Will Wright is looking at all of this and rethinking his idea of having the game download other player's concepts automatically. If he doesn't give the players themselves some way of controlling and/or managing what kind of content appears in their own respective games, those things could show up in the game completely at random.

EDIT: To give you an idea of how bad it is:
“Spore penis” video results 1 - 20 of about 1,410
:jawdrop:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I can tolerate quite a lot online in terms of abuse. I have the "it's just a game" and "internet insults don't mean s**t" mentality. Couple that with the fact that I can pritty much turn my empathy on and off like a switch. Ignoring someone's attention whorish rantings usually makes them more flaming mad than if you respond to it. It makes me smile due to the fact. :3

The only type of internet person that can get under my skin would have to be, most specificly, Griefers in Second Life. They will make obnoxious particle emitters that spray discusting images and sounds, and self-replicating boxes of similar nature. Basically they will do anything to either get someone to complain (which they find hilarious), or to crash a server. There is no logical reason why they will waste time to ruin other people's fun with lag inducing tools, and my only comfort is knowing that I have the ability to ban them in some places. But if I don't, it pisses me off to no end.

And im 99% sure that most of these greifers are pre-teens. FYI, it is against the Second Life TOS to join the main grid when underage.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I don't know if this fits in another category or not, but I've seen more and more of this with every passing day and it's far too retarded for me to possibly go without mentioning it:

People pretending to be Crips and Bloods on Gaia Online.

*facepalms*

It's a game that gives all players a "chibi" avatar and these idiots want to gang-bang with em.' I. . . No, words fail me. That's the kind of stupidity that defies description as a whole.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

i hate the crazy angry gamers who as soon as you get on a match with them the first thing they say is like "hey lil b**** you ready for me to f*** you up" its like what the hell good to meet you to jerk then the rest of the match they insult you most annoying thing to deal with but by God almighty there is no other feeling like completly owning those people just all out destroying them in the game there is no better feeeling you dont need to even say anything its just like ya i destroyed you and you know it you annoyin trash talk and swearin didnt affect me at all and i still destroyed you now go cry :Duckietoss:
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

These type of people don't have to be online, but usually gaming.

Forcing Bragscum

Right now, my brother and my friends are playing Halo 3, and they forced me to play, even though I told them I sucked at the game. five minutes later, they were at 22 and 25 kills while I had 6. And although they may not be bragging to me directly, they're still killing me and bragging at the same time. Psh, like I'm a hard target to hit.

So, yeah. Don't force me to play if you're going to brag about winning.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

ya my brother has me play with him only he actually brags to me when i play him and lost and while i play him whole game all i here is im kikin your a** you gonna cry oooo some one is losin and so on very annoying id prefer he didnt say anything but what can you do asside from ignore it

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Hm. Small world. My brother used to pester me to always play fighting games with him too, especially WWF titles. He was and still very much is a button-masher so he couldn't beat the computer to save his life, which I think is why he always wanted to fight me instead, and yes, he did brag.

Then Tekken, Fight Night, and all the other games with new systems that make button-mashing useless came along, the computer and I mopped the floor with him and he suddenly denounced all fighting games as total crap and moved on to shooters. :P

It's not a problem with gaming online since. . . Well, presumably if you're already playing the game, it's too late for anyone to tell you to play it, but Griefers and Couch Commandos often do complain that you're not playing the game "the way you're supposed to." :P
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

thats annoyin then theres the people who falsly accuse you of bein a hacker or cheater i hate those people there is this 1 game i play semi often is stick arena and i beat people so badly that about 60% of them so annoyin cause i am one of the few people whom abstain from hacking and nothin irks me more than being called hacker just because i kicked their a**

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

This is more like a vent but it seems to be a better fit here.

I was just on playing Call of Duty 4 and I tell yeah right now I'm like an inch away from absolutely murdering somebody! :x

Playing with somebody who is like extremely better than you is bad enough but when they feel that it is absolutely necessary to rub in your face and talk all kinds of s*** is almost unbearable!

I have just went into prestige mode and I was stuck with five default classes that BTW are COMPLETELY AND UNDERLY USELESS! The first game since i went into prestige mode was on the map "down pour" then this guy insisted on camping like a little b**** behind the house in the back yard area. I couldn't just leave that asshole alone, but the weapons i was using had a vasectomy or something. It seemed like my hits no longer counted, and I was fair game for any asshole who wanted to camp and "radom nade" as they pleased.

After the game they guy starts talking s***, and makes me his whipping boy because I had like only 4 kills and an embarrassing count of 15 deaths. After that my only thought was running through my head was to shut him the hell up. I regretted my decision to enter prestige when i couldn't at lest kill him! I sat there in front of my TV screaming, cursing infinity wars for making the custom classes feature an unlockable at level 4 because the classes they gave me all sucked.

Then the asshole starting to make fun of my speech impediment (that gets worse when I'm excited and/or angry) after a few matches I finally did the right thing and left, but before wishing that i knew were he lived so I can; quote "stab you in the f***ing throat" in his ear.

I played with the worst garbage on xbox live and this guy is among the worst! I wish the red ring of death on his console, and I hope he gets hit by a bus! :x
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

That's a bit too harsh. Yeah I had that feeling before, I hate those kind of people online. It just makes you so angry!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

What everyone needs, is a closely knit group of friends that can back you up and dish out insults that will make the annoying gamerkids cry. I was lucky enough to have that in my early Steel Battalion and Halo 2 days. ^_^

The way things sound to me, is that some of these storys may be leaving out details. Every time my friends went into an trashtalk spree, it was prevoked by something or someone else. Everyone remember, if you respond to your losing streak by lashing out at people, expect an equal or greater response of negetivity.

Do what I do. Find another match that is more fair to your skill level (which gets you away from the annoying people), or play a different game.
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Sorry to say this Kaebora, but groups of friends who always play online together piss me off too. Just like that dickhead that finally beat me at Worms: Armageddon by making his friends gang up on me, most people that absolutely insist on gaming together do so they can gang up on people in vs. and chew them out over it. Groups are just another way the many dicks online try and compensate for their shortcomings.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Sorry to say this Terastas, but something or someone has to act as the trigger to cause the slander. How you reacted to the game's results may have been why they chewed you out.

My friends don't just chew people out for no reason. It's prevoked. Most of the time its just friendly taunts that are not ment to cause anger. If someone starts complaining and namecalling with intent to harm, the inevitable gang-up will come. I couldn't care less about what people say on XBox Live. We're all just a carefree bunch of guys, and our only shortcommings is probobly our income. LOL No self-esteem issues here.
:lol:

Give negetivity to others, others will return it. Tis the way of the world.
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Yeah, or maybe they're just a bunch of petty griefers that chew people out just because it makes them feel better about themselves. The guys that ganged up on me were lead by a douchebag that had previously declared himself the "God of Worms" (even though he'd never played it before in his life), went solo against me and got the living crap kicked out of him. He formed a gang so he could win, and he wanted to win just so he could rub it in.

So no Kaebora, unless you count winning/losing a trigger, that's rarely the case. Kudos to your friends for being able to keep their mouths shut until insulted themselves, but the reality is that for every one respectful gamer that will keep his mouth shut until provoked, there are a hundred gamers that will start hurling profanity as soon as they're aware that someone can hear them.

It's a fact of life: some people just naturally suck.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I agree with Kaebora playing with friends is always a good thing. Not only it is fun to play with friends but when another group starts bashing on you it's always a good thing to have some one to back you up.

Like a while ago me and several other guys from my clan were playing Call of Duty 4 just having some fun on sabotage. Then we got matched up with some raving british anti-American wankers. They started bashing us and making fun of the good ol' US of A.

(By the way, this was completely unprovoked, soon as they heard our American accents they started to bash us!)

We retaliated by calling them queen "lovers" (wink, wink) and pointing out that if the UK was so great why we had to save their arse back in WW2.

Then it was on!

It seemed that the game sense this some how (I swear! the CoD4 engine knows when a rivalry is taking place!) and divided up the Brits and the yanks! Every game we put those tea drinking buggers (no offence to our UK members) in their place! We owned them every time, I mean we practically humiliated them! I'm talking about a 400 point difference here!

After every game we rubbed it in their faces by singing our national anthem!

They kept trashing us but it got to the point where they were embarrassing them selves! Eventually they all backed out.

That had to be the most fun I had ever had on Xbox Live and while being patriotic too! :P

:unclewolf:
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Ah.
I know that there are Brits that hate Americans and vice versa, but I had Brit friends, and they were very nice, so yeah... Doesn't apply to me. XD
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

So, about my "God of Worms" guy? Turns out you run into those guys online a lot too.

Pretenders

The name means exactly what it implies: They're people that brag about things they didn't do, show off things they don't have, basically they're the idiots that want to brag about how good they are at the game without actually having to play it.

I'll give you two examples besides the "God of Worms" guy I've ranted about enough already.

I was in one of Gaia Online rallies; I have a car (it's a Scion station wagon, but I still like it), and I had it parked in a row along with three cars belonging to other G.O. players. You wouldn't know it unless you play the game, but when people are playing G.O. looking for races, they typically hang around their cars, and if you position your avatar just right and select the "sit" pose, it'll look like your avatar is sitting on the hood.

So anyway, somebody approaches the set of four, sits his avatar on the hood of one of them and posts the message: "This is my car. Jealous?" It was a truck with some added accessories that I thought looked goofy, but before I could tell him I wasn't, the truck disappeared right out from under him. At first I thought maybe he just didn't like where it was parked, but then he did something absolutely retarded: He moved his avatar to sit on the hood of MY car and said "This is my car. Jealous?"

So I did just what I'm sure the owner of the truck did: I clicked on my car, selected "Remove Vehicle" and proved that wasn't his car either.

I don't even get why anyone would want to claim someone else's car was theirs anyway. You can get one for free, you can get a free accessory every day from the prize wheel, and anyone can click on the vehicle to find out who owns it anyway.

Another example I can actually provide a link to:
Pokemon Battle Revolution: Goldenmasamune vs. Hacker

In this video, the player that posted, Goldenmasamune, it claims to have battle and defeated a blatant hacker that had previously been using his alias with only one pokemon. Sound impressive? I thought it was too at first, but here's the thing: The one pokemon he used to defeat the hacker is a Feraligator that knows two egg moves: Dragon Dance and Ice Punch. No pokemon that can learn Dragon Dance through leveling up can learn Ice Punch as an egg move, and no pokemon that can learn Ice Punch through leveling up can learn Dragon Dance.

In other words, Goldenmasamune is a hacker himself.

And as you may have noticed in the video, the hacker he claims to be beating the living snot out of really sets him up to win. It sounds good to say "I beat up a blatant hacker outnumbered six to one," but when you see exactly how it transpired, it's too questionable to be commendable.

The silver lining, of course, is that pretenders always get found out one way or another. The self-proclaimed "God of Worms" actually had to play the game, the guy in G.O. trying to claim ownership of other peoples' cars had them taken out right from under him, and the evidence against the PBR hacker is right out there in plain sight where anyone can see it.

Still doesn't make them any less irritating though.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

The opposite can be annoying too. People that claim your real life accomplishments amount to nothing, when they themselves haven't done much with their lives.

As I always have said, it is easy to ignore immaturity and ignorance. It amounts to nothing on the internet. I can't take it personally unless they really know me.
-Kaebora
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Immaturity and Ignorance can be find here, its satirical and offensive. I hate that online encyclopedia website so much and yet I have to share this god-awful encyclopedia again. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page

Yeah! The place is going to be shut down, due to the admins cannot afford to run the site! I am not going to donate it. The creators of Encyclopedia Dramatica deserve to die......I'd say screw them for creating that place and their loyal members. Immature and ignorant bastards indeed, I hate Encyclopedia Dramatica!!! :x

Don't you guys hate it too!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

IndianaJones wrote:Immaturity and Ignorance can be find here, its satirical and offensive. I hate that online encyclopedia website so much and yet I have to share this god-awful encyclopedia again. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page

Yeah! The place is going to be shut down, due to the admins cannot afford to run the site! I am not going to donate it. The creators of Encyclopedia Dramatica deserve to die......I'd say screw them for creating that place and their loyal members. Immature and ignorant bastards indeed, I hate Encyclopedia Dramatica!!! :x

Don't you guys hate it too!
E.D. is basically the new P.O.E.: A place for griefers, emos and angsty teen suburbanites to go and piss and moan about how they're the only people on Earth that don't suck and deserve to die. So unfortunately, E.D. likely isn't going to be shut down because their target clients all have allowances which (since they barely think at all to begin with) they think nothing of pissing away on a website that promotes that kind of stupidity because, after all, they're all too numb from the chin up to come up with any stupidity of their own.

I don't wish any ill will, not on E.D. nor their supporters, because frankly, just being that hateful and/or that stupid is a fate worse than anything I could ever wish upon them. I'd rather have my tonsils taken out with a weed whacker than be dumb enough to find that amusing.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I pay $6 a month for a remote server of 200GB, which could hold their website and their bandwidth easilly. They aren't smart enough to migrate to a more economical server, or the admin is 13 years old and cant afford $6 a month. It makes me LoL. And of course, we all know that closed minded ignorant people rarely obtain a good paying job due to a lack of "people skills".

E.D. is easy to ignore, simply by not visiting their website. :D
-Kaebora