Anyone play Monster Hunter?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Isibane777
Location: in the memories of yesterday and the dreams of tomorrow

Anyone play Monster Hunter?

Post by Isibane777 »

Well, I'm new here and I have yet to post a formal introduction post but I guess this is okay for now right?
Anyway, I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post, Yay for me :D

Okay so does anyone here play Monster Hunter? Whether it's Freedom 1, 2, Portable, Wii whatever! This is one of my favorite games ever, what do you think? :wink:
Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night.

~ Sarah Williams
Descendent of a Druid
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Archdruid
Mood: Bored

Re: Anyone play Monster Hunter?

Post by Descendent of a Druid »

I have never played, but I've always been curious. What are some of the better points of the game. And more importantly, can you get a bow and arrow or any degree of nature magic (the two classes I always choose in roleplaying games.)
Baby seal walks into a club...
Isibane777
Location: in the memories of yesterday and the dreams of tomorrow

Post by Isibane777 »

There is no magic in this game, but you can use a bow. You can also use several other types of weapons as well, http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Types. Each weapon has it's own tactic for approching the enemy.

This game is highly ranked among its players because its challenging and gives a sense of accomplishment. While not complicated in plot, it has great graphics, hunting strategies and always something to do. Although it is much more fun if you have a group of people go on a hunt with, you only need to be within like 50 feet of each other or something like that. But its also possible to get a Wifi Max so one can play with people all over the world.
:D
One of the best games, I've ever had, I would highly recommend it to anyone interested.
Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night.

~ Sarah Williams
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i used to play the ps2 version but im currently playing monster hunter 2 G for psp.
ImageImage