Left 4 Dead Demo

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Left 4 Dead Demo

Post by Aki »

It came out yesterday on Steam (which makes sense - you need Steam to play)

And it is awesome.

For those unfamiliar with L4D, it's a Four Player Co-Op Zombie Shooter. Faced with a 28-Days-Later style zombie apocalypse you and the three other survivors who are immune to the disease must fight your way through the mindless hordes and the occaisonal boss zombie to escape to safety. And you must work together - all of the boss zombies are designed to effortlessly murder lone players.

Some screens:
The survivors.

A teammate saves me from a hunter by knocking it off

Louis is either confused or staring at Zoey's a**

The hunting rifle seperates limbs from their owners. It rocks.

Bill and his M16

Francis and the semiautomatic shottie go together so well

Bill is pissed off.

I love the minigun so much. DIEDIEDIEDIE.

If you haven't tried the demo yet you should.

If you've played an FPS before there's no excuse for not starting on "Advanced" either. Anything else is a bit on the easy side. "Expert" however, is madness and thus highly recommended for the sheer craziness of being hit with three different boss zombies in less than a minute.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Left 4 Dead Demo

Post by Wselfwulf »

Sounds good. Dead rising was quite a hoot and it would be nice to be trapped in horror, fearing for your life, if you had your friends with you.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Wselfwulf wrote:Sounds good. Dead rising was quite a hoot and it would be nice to be trapped in horror, fearing for your life, if you had your friends with you.
L4D works best with your friends, since random strangers can be frustrating at times and the bots - while very good at their job, aren't particularly creative or good at strategy or, well, as entertaining as live people.

It really does provide some "OH s***" moments though. Including one where I dropped down into the ground-floor level of the apartment building you start out on top off and the wall next to me caved in, followed by a horde.

If not for getting by back to the wall and spamming melee and my teammates picking off the infected as I whacked them back with my gun I'd have been toast. :lol:
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I played this demo last night, I enjoyed it well enough, at least the Zombies are not too hard to kill and I like having the backup of the team.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I played the xbox 360 version and i loved it!

I'm buying the PC version on steam, and it's currently preloading it on my computer. i can't wait to play it when it's unlocked! :D

BTW if any one wants to join me, my Steam ID is: High Lord Anubis
THE GAME

My Armory