Street Fighter 4

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Street Fighter 4

Post by alphanubilus »

I just picked up Street Fighter 4 and I have to say I am quite impressed. Of late I've been on a Street Fighter frenzie. I picked up Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for the PSP (love it) and I downloaded Street Fighter 2 and Super Street Fighter 2HD on Xbox Live. I've never been really that great, but it has always been loads of fun to play.

My favorite character is, and will always be, Chung-Li. I had a crush on her digital thighs (then again who didn't?) when I was like 11... :P My next fav character is Akuma, as he is just so darn awesome. He is so awesome, awesomeness literally evaporates off his body... and YOU thought it was fire. :P

At any rate, SF4 is fantastic. It is easy to pick up. My ONLY complaint is, I haven't had a chance to even unlock any characters because I keep getting challenged online. I can't figure out how to keep myself invisible. It annoys the heck out of me, because the people who challenging me are horrible players that rely on cheap tactics rather than skill to defeat me. Yes I've lost a lot, but that is because I don't know how to do anything, and haven't had time to hone my skills. I don't mind losing, but I would like to lose in the most flashiest way possible, not because some noob with Blanka just sits and charges you with electric currents every time you draw near, or another character who abuses throws like there is no tomorrow. They win, but their ratings are horrible, all D's and E's. I haven't lost yet due to a massive orchestrated combo or anything full of coolness.

Oh well...

I'm pleased for the moment, but I seriously have to get the skills down so I can seriously destroy a few people.

OH YEAH. The online experience has been fluid. Capcom has perfected it. I haven't had any lag and it is just like playing in the arcade, with the exception you don't have to worry about a 30-somthing hairy, shirtless dude challenging you, and then killing you with a cute anime chic, like Cammy... then again, he might still be out there, but at least I don't have to see or smell him. :P

Then again, I hear the 12-year-olds are the real murderers. :P
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Re: Street Fighter 4

Post by Vagrant »

You could just unplug your WiFi-dongle/ethernet cable to stay offline, the gae can still be played that way and everything is still recorded (and transmitted the first time you connect again).

My roomie and I have unlocked everyone so far, including Gouken and Seth (who both seem a bit crap considering the effort involved), and at the moment I'm still practising before I take it online.

I'd have to say that my two favourite characters would be Mr. "It's Super Dynamic Cooking Time!" (El Fuerte) and Dan. Why Dan? He takes the mickey out of characters like Ryu and Ken, which amuses me greatly. Plus, his constant happy-crying and high-pitched squeals are of endless amusement. And his rival battle with Sakura was joyous.

Sooo... I suppose my favourite characters are the ones that make me laugh the most. I'd like to master Rufus too, but I'm finding his style a little difficult to wrap my head around. I want to though because then I can perhaps mop the floor with some of those billions of Ryu/Ken clones out there, who deserve to meet their defeat at the hands of a hyperactive overweight bloke!

(Dan's rival battle with Sakura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScBo9nxzw0)