Coop Series #1: Diablo II & Lord of Destruction Expansion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Coop Series #1: Diablo II & Lord of Destruction Expansion

Post by Whisperwind »

Wingman wrote:The wolf head lupin had is a special Druid helmet. There are some others, a bird head, and some type of antlers I believe.

There were a few others that we found, but no one seemed to want them.
just to add, in case there was confusion, these items arent tweaked, they're actual in game items that people either bought or just happened to find, so its not against any rules =]
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Whisperwind wrote: just to add, in case there was confusion, these items arent tweaked, they're actual in game items that people either bought or just happened to find, so its not against any rules =]
Yeah, each class gets their own group of items, paladins get special shields, necromancers get preserved heads, druids get wolf helmets, sorceresses get those "eagle orb" things, assassins get katars and claws, and so on and so forth.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

It's pretty obvious how that works, though.

I just hope my making light of it didn't seem like confusion, but it was a laugh pointing out Lupin's Wolf-head (and it doesn't get more Druidy than an animal-head) and Moon's metal pants (which I knew he'd bought from Gheed), I knew those weren't hacked items though, if I thought they were then my tone would've been much more serious.

For example: The amulet Wingman had that allowed his Paladin to turn into a Werewolf, that sounded very much like a hacked item or an item he shouldn't have had so early in the game, which is why I picked him up on it. I hope that wasn't a class item, because if it was then it's more vague than I thought.

But usually, it's pretty clear who's wearing illegal gear and who isn't. I do wish though that Diablo II had a Neverwinter Nights-like setting to disable illegal items, that'd make my life as game custodian a little easier, but if my instincts are right, then it's very simple to figure out which is which. I hope. Whisper is a pro, and I trust Whisper, so I think I'll trust Whisper to watch my back with this.

Also: The next game session will be the upcoming Saturday, as I can now host servers on my old router (hooray!).
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

Vagrant wrote: Whisper is a pro, and I trust Whisper, so I think I'll trust Whisper to watch my back with this.
i dont know about "pro" but ill definitely help out. the only way i'd agree to a hacked item is if it actually had a purpose, not just to be cool. like if we ever start getting confused, how wingman offered to make items that cause our characters to glow different colors, that i can see coming in handy, specially if anyone else joins who goes druid. not if there were special stats attached, but i cant see how a color change would do any harm.

the item making him turn into a werewolf was cool, but since it doesnt have a purpose i dont see us really needing it (although it was amusing to see it in action!).
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Whisperwind wrote:
Vagrant wrote: Whisper is a pro, and I trust Whisper, so I think I'll trust Whisper to watch my back with this.
i dont know about "pro" but ill definitely help out. the only way i'd agree to a hacked item is if it actually had a purpose, not just to be cool. like if we ever start getting confused, how wingman offered to make items that cause our characters to glow different colors, that i can see coming in handy, specially if anyone else joins who goes druid. not if there were special stats attached, but i cant see how a color change would do any harm.

the item making him turn into a werewolf was cool, but since it doesnt have a purpose i dont see us really needing it (although it was amusing to see it in action!).
The color changing charms apparently don't work, as I'm the only one who can see the difference in color, and it gets overpowered by the "colorless" light auras everyone else has.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

Wingman wrote:
Whisperwind wrote:

The color changing charms apparently don't work, as I'm the only one who can see the difference in color, and it gets overpowered by the "colorless" light auras everyone else has.
ah that sucks. but i was just using it as an example as far as usefulness vs cool to look at but no real point.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Hey this looks interesting. Shame I didn't notice your suggestion about playing D2 and subsequently this topic earlier. I read through the topic and I like how you mention casual play and not totally breaking the playthrough of the game by trading between lower and higher accounts or leaving slightly slower players behind so others can farm bosses constantly for items.

You seem to already have 8 semi-regular players on the list. Could I be a possible backup in case some people don't show? Been a while since I've dusted off the box, but I still remember things and I'm sure I can get up to speed in the areas I've forgotten. Besides, sounds like a fun time to actually interact more with other Pack members for a change. :D

Also, is this more of an all-druid game, or just whatever class? (although I'm sure to see more Druids here anyway :lol: )
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

Ceekur wrote:Hey this looks interesting. Shame I didn't notice your suggestion about playing D2 and subsequently this topic earlier. I read through the topic and I like how you mention casual play and not totally breaking the playthrough of the game by trading between lower and higher accounts or leaving slightly slower players behind so others can farm bosses constantly for items.

You seem to already have 8 semi-regular players on the list. Could I be a possible backup in case some people don't show? Been a while since I've dusted off the box, but I still remember things and I'm sure I can get up to speed in the areas I've forgotten. Besides, sounds like a fun time to actually interact more with other Pack members for a change. :D

Also, is this more of an all-druid game, or just whatever class? (although I'm sure to see more Druids here anyway :lol: )
we're not beyond the first area, so theres still time to catch up (i've offered to help xiro run through the first few missions to catch up story wise and lvl wise, i can do the same for you!). we're supposedly full up but so far when we've played i dont think we've ever hit the 8 player max.. we've taken the approach of whoever shows up first gets it, and even then we're really relaxed (i went back to town and was afk for a half hour while i ate dinner and no one minded). its a "mostly druid" game just because most people was to turn into a werewolf, but some people chose to be other classes (i'm a sorceress), so its not required to be a druid.

if you have the game already the only thing you'd need to do is get the latest patch and you'd be good. we don't play through battlenet, we play through vagrant's ip (or the other website... i think its pack.servegame.org ), so when he's not running the game that worlds not up, but if anyone wants, we can try to set a date/time where ill attempt to host a game to catch people up (we're really not that far, and ill make a lvl 1 char to play with you guys so its not like ill power play you through it all). just let me know! ill be in chat later tonight (link is in vagrants sig).
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Game running tonight! It'll be starting around 7-8PM GMT!
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Now if my game will just work.

:D
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

new instructions look good to me!
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

sorry i had to bail on you guys before.. drama llama came knocking on the door. everythings ok now there was just too much going on to let me sit and start playing with you guys at the time.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Okay, some new rules and guidelines are in order, I'm going to link to this post in the first post too, just so everyone sees it.

- If you can, use Skype. The communication guidelines are vital, we need to keep talking to each other. It also helps to alienate us from each other if it's text alone, I've noticed that. So even if you can only listen, join in.

- Keep your minimap open at all times, this is especially important for the point character (I'll explain below).

- Before we set out, a point will be assigned, players should do their best to follow this point character and no one else. No one should wilfully (not accidentally, that's something else entirely) move a distance away from the point, if they do that then they're creating chaos, because other players then aren't sure whom they should be following. Everyone should stick as closely to the point's movements as possible, and if the point stops, then everyone else should too.

- I recommend turning on /nopickup to avoid accidental pickups. You can do this at any time in game by pressing enter and typing /nopickup and hitting enter again. You can still pick up items by holding alt, but it means that you won't accidentally pick up items you didn't mean to, which will probably end up filling your inventory with useless junk (white-text named items are junk).