I will be officiating a funeral.

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Baphnedia

I will be officiating a funeral.

Post by Baphnedia »

It will be held for one of my friends, who we knew had terminal cancer, but fell off the map a few months ago. The master of our guild and I (who were the only two in the guild to know of this), have concluded that our friend, known to most as Anvil, has died, and he didn't have an resurrection scrolls left.

If you would like to attend, and play Ultima Online, the funeral will take place on the Great Lakes shard. PM me if you would like contact info in the game, so that you may attend.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: I will be officiating a funeral.

Post by Wingman »

Is there no way to contact him, or is he actually dead? I know I might be a little miffed if I came back from a few months of treatment and found out that people had already written me off as dead.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

He was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and given 6 weeks to live, after which he stopped playing. A couple months ago, an account which he had paid for 11 years stopped receiving money and all his possessions that still existed in the world, are gone. Sure, he could've been lying for all we know. There's no actual way to confirm his death, since in that game you do not give out your real name (like folks seem to do in SL if they have something they want you to buy in the real world). So, it ultimately is based on a hunch, gut feeling, or whatever.

Having known this player for a few years however, I'm inclined to believe that he was telling the truth, and that he is very, very dead.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

That's unfortunate.
I don't have a copy of UA, and in any case it would feel awkward going to the virtual funeral of someone I didn't know at all.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yeah - funeral invites are kinda funny like that - I couldn't remember if any active Pack members were also in my guild (to run around with the wolves, you might say).