What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

A Pack L4D Team?

Post by Silent Hunter »

OK, I am possibly considering buying L4D in a month or so (tight money is tight) and several people on The Packs Den play the said game so why not make up a L4D Pack Team?

It could simply be some players playing certain modes and working together (of course). It could be fun and times could be orginised.

So, what you guys think to the idea?
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: A Pack L4D Team?

Post by Wingman »

I'm up for it, you already know my steam account.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I only have L4D for XBox 360 and I don't thinks its THAT great. I'd much rather play CS.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

So Morkulv, if you had no suggestions of interest....why did you post?
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'm up for it. My Steam tag's Wolfdust, if you want to play sometime.

I think a game of Survival with packmembers would be pretty hilarious. Especially on the Boathouse. There's so much explosives and fire! A single stray round turns the world into pure fire. It's so awesome. :lol:

I still need to get a working mic. Expert's impossible without a mic. If something has you for even a few seconds you lose way too much health.
Morkulv wrote:I only have L4D for XBox 360 and I don't thinks its THAT great. I'd much rather play CS.
...why even compare the two? CS is a semi-tactical military shooter, L4D is a zombie game. The only relationship between the two is that L4D originated when Turtlerock Studios (who made CS) started to design their own zombie-mode of CS (dubbed "terrorstrike") and eventually grew it out into it's own full-length game (and became part of Valve in the process, "Valve West", I think).

L4D's better than any CS or CS:S zombie modes I've played anyways. Less guns, but the zombies are that much better. They won't run to the bottom of the APC you've clambered onto and stand there, looking up at you and waiting for you to step down so they can knife you. The Horde in L4D will climb up there and eat you. From every possible angle. And the Specials will help.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Silent Hunter wrote:So Morkulv, if you had no suggestions of interest....why did you post?
Because I can. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Aki wrote:
Morkulv wrote:I only have L4D for XBox 360 and I don't thinks its THAT great. I'd much rather play CS.
...why even compare the two? CS is a semi-tactical military shooter, L4D is a zombie game. The only relationship between the two is that L4D originated when Turtlerock Studios (who made CS) started to design their own zombie-mode of CS (dubbed "terrorstrike") and eventually grew it out into it's own full-length game (and became part of Valve in the process, "Valve West", I think).

L4D's better than any CS or CS:S zombie modes I've played anyways. Less guns, but the zombies are that much better. They won't run to the bottom of the APC you've clambered onto and stand there, looking up at you and waiting for you to step down so they can knife you. The Horde in L4D will climb up there and eat you. From every possible angle. And the Specials will help.
Counter-Strike is not made by Turtlerock studio, you are confusing it with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Counter-Strike itself was created by Minh Le and Jess Cliffe in 1999.

Anyway, I agree the genre's are different, CS being a fast-paced semi-tactical shooter. and L4D a zombie/survival-shooter, but they both run on the Source-engine. My personal opinion is that the gameplay that CS offers is more diverse then shooting hordes and hordes of zombies, on top of the fact that Left 4 Dead is just a very overrated game overall. Don't get me wrong, L4D is okay, but its not classic material and I'd much rather play a different popular online game.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:
Aki wrote:

Counter-Strike is not made by Turtlerock studio, you are confusing it with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Counter-Strike itself was created by Minh Le and Jess Cliffe in 1999.
Oh. Woops.
Anyway, I agree the genre's are different, CS being a fast-paced semi-tactical shooter. and L4D a zombie/survival-shooter, but they both run on the Source-engine. My personal opinion is that the gameplay that CS offers is more diverse then shooting hordes and hordes of zombies, on top of the fact that Left 4 Dead is just a very overrated game overall. Don't get me wrong, L4D is okay, but its not classic material and I'd much rather play a different popular online game.
"But they both run on the source engine" doesn't mean they're comperable. Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines runs on the source engine (the first build of it that was actually used in a commercial game no less - a little less advanced than the version HL2 got to use) but people don't compare that Action-RPG to, say, Day Of Defeat: Source. Same engine, entirely different genre.

I hardly see how "Shoot some dudes in ski masks while rescueing hostages" and "shoot some dudes in ski masks and keep them from planting a bomb" is any more diverse than "Shoot some zombies while trying to escape" or "Shoot some AI zombies and human-controlled zombies while trying to escape (and getting your turn as said human-zombies afterwards)" or "shoot zombies during an unwinnable Last Stand."

At the end of the day, both games are about shooting dudes in the face and their game modes aren't really all that varied.
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

I'm totally in, I really love this game for some strange reason maybe cause i love to PWN people lmfao 8) name wolfeguardian on there
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”