New and Old werewolf games

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

New and Old werewolf games

Post by lunarwolf »

There may be a post already about this but....

I been looking for werewolf games where you can play as a werewolf or has them in it, that are already out or coming out.

For example: Legendary for PC Xbox PS3 (hasn't come out yet) website: http://www.legendarythegame.com/#/home/
Last edited by lunarwolf on Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: New and Old werewolf games

Post by Wingman »

Legendary has been out for at least a few weeks now. I've seen some copies hanging on the wall at the computer store up here for a while now.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

I went to best buy yesterday i never saw it. Which store you see it in.

Anyway that was an example. So if you don't know the site name for the game you posting, just post whats the games or pic's.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

lunarwolf wrote:I went to best buy yesterday i never saw it. Which store you see it in.

Anyway that was an example. So if you don't know the site name for the game you posting, just post whats the games or pic's.
It was a local store.

Personally I think that with a bit of work the STALKER games could be modded to include werewolves.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Mood: RAR!
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

wow gotta say i loved the trailer but i agree with lunar because I've been to gamestop and a lot of game stores and haven't seen a copy shame though that your not the wolf in this game but maybe it'll be like left 4 dead on the 360, where on multi you can be the bad side and others the humans ??
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

The lack of game availability could be because it has generally been received poorly.
The Wiki article about Legendary

A review of Legendary

"As for multiplayer, you're stuck with a rather mixed bag -- there's only one mode that pits players against each other in four-on-four battles against each other. A mix of team deathmatch and capture the flag, players have to hunt down werewolves and gain their Animus by killing them and install it into a machine which will allow them to take control of the monsters who will rip the losing side to pieces. While it's designed to focus on the chaos of the battlefield because there's essentially three factions on a map at one time (yours, your opponents and the werewolves), the game only comes with four maps, which aren't going to keep your interest for very long. But the most telling aspect as to how engaging the multiplayer of Legendary is revolves around the fact that no one is playing the mode online. After checking for a few days, we found that there were no games being played by anyone on either system at any time of the day or night, which speaks volumes by itself. "

So, yeah, no werewolf-playability for you.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

Legendary wasn't a bad game, IMO.. but it really felt off the mark. A lot of potential, and some pretty sweet moments (definitely recommend at least one full play-through), but it just didn't feel right.

As for other games, there's always the Bloodmoon expansion for Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It's an open-world RPG, and you can become a werewolf in that. You kinda need to be in the higher levels to get there though (around level 15 or 20 is recommended for a minimum), so you'll have to trudge through the earlier levels and quests before getting up to them. The previous game in the series, Daggerfall, also had werewolves (and wereboars) that you could become.. but it's a DOS game, doesn't work well on newer systems (even in DOSBox), and was rather buggy.
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

no werewolf play what so ever? :o how awful I refuse to try then lol thanx anyhow on that description :howl:  :oo
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'd try Legendary if wasn't still fifty dollars on Steam. You figure a game that didn't do so well would have lowered it's prices. As much as I want to shoot monsters in the face, I am not willing to put down 50 dollars for a game that - judging by it's scoring and the lack of acclaim it got - probably sucks pretty hard.
Wingman wrote:
lunarwolf wrote:I went to best buy yesterday i never saw it. Which store you see it in.

It was a local store.

Personally I think that with a bit of work the STALKER games could be modded to include werewolves.
I think there would be better games for werewolves than Stalker, never mind that Stalker in immensely unstable a lot of the time. The Xray Engine was a nice attempt, but ultimately I can't help but feel it's too clunky and crap to be capable of comparing to Unreal, Source, etc.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Actually Aki, most retail stores should have Legendary for $20-$30 now. Ive seen it at Best Buy and Walmart for a while.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Actually Aki, most retail stores should have Legendary for $20-$30 now. Ive seen it at Best Buy and Walmart for a while.
Yeah, but I was talking about Steam because I am lazy and do not want to walk to a physical store. :grinp:

It seems there's a demo out,too. I might download that later.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Legendary is a pretty bad game. If you want that kind of action but not in an annoying way, go pick up Painkiller.
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lunarwolf »

Well other then legendary, anyone else know of any werewolf based games that are out or coming out?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Try Wolfteam.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:Try Wolfteam.
Not worth the time, I'd say. It uses the Korean MMO business model: Offer a free game, charge for the good items.

Free players become mere cannon fodder for the paying customers.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I actually wouldn't know since I could never get the game to run when I downloaded it, but if you happen to have a system that pleases the game then you at least have a game with werewolves in it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.