Table Top Gamers..

From Tabletop to Larping.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Table tops: D&D, AD&D, WH40K, shtar wars((star wars :lol: ))

but ive also larped, mainly furturistic fantasy((which is mainly a mix of most things))
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Mostly White Wolf gamer here. I'm a veteran of Werewolf:the Apocalypse, even to the point where I developed a 'Net Tribe and played a campaign with them as the central focus, with the Garou Nation as semi-antagonists. :x

I've been in two W:tA LARPs as well, one in Santa Cruz, CA and one up here in the Portland, Oregon. In the former, I left when I moved out of state and the Portland game just...kind of went to sleep and didn't get up again :( I played a Fenrir Forseti metis whose deformity was Gigantism: he stands 10' tall in Homid, 20' in Crinos, and his Hispo was big enough that during one battle, his Ahroun packmate jumped up on his back in Crinos and he carried him easily. He was supposed to have Dark Fate but it never came home owing to the game dying...hey, maybe that's the Fate! Anyway, I tried to pass him off as a regular homeless person who was an acromegaly giant with Marfan syndrome. Had to abandon that when he got half his face shot off by a kid he was trying to rescue from the vampires...

Currently studying the new game, Werewolf:the Forsaken and developing a couple characters. One is a Bone Shadow Cahalith who plays the flute in a classical music quintet and is questing after the ghost of W.A. Mozart, the other is a Hunter In Darkness Ithaeur with a rough concept inspired by M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village."
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Vrikasatma wrote:Mostly White Wolf gamer here. I'm a veteran of Werewolf:the Apocalypse, even to the point where I developed a 'Net Tribe and played a campaign with them as the central focus, with the Garou Nation as semi-antagonists. :x

I've been in two W:tA LARPs as well, one in Santa Cruz, CA and one up here in the Portland, Oregon. In the former, I left when I moved out of state and the Portland game just...kind of went to sleep and didn't get up again :( I played a Fenrir Forseti metis whose deformity was Gigantism: he stands 10' tall in Homid, 20' in Crinos, and his Hispo was big enough that during one battle, his Ahroun packmate jumped up on his back in Crinos and he carried him easily. He was supposed to have Dark Fate but it never came home owing to the game dying...hey, maybe that's the Fate! Anyway, I tried to pass him off as a regular homeless person who was an acromegaly giant with Marfan syndrome. Had to abandon that when he got half his face shot off by a kid he was trying to rescue from the vampires...

Currently studying the new game, Werewolf:the Forsaken and developing a couple characters. One is a Bone Shadow Cahalith who plays the flute in a classical music quintet and is questing after the ghost of W.A. Mozart, the other is a Hunter In Darkness Ithaeur with a rough concept inspired by M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village."
*flails* Do you know about OWbN? :)

hehe. I am actually running a Forsaken game, and my player's are fircking crakc fiends. They won't leave me alone. ;) Heh. I guess that's a kind of compliment.

I like the new system somewhat, as its closer to more tradtional werewolf mythos.., but still not quite. ^.^
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Apocalypse came and went. It's now Forsaken

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's going to take work for me to get used to the "remixed" White Wolf games. I've got 11 years of the first version behind me. But, I didn't expect the Apocalypse actually to happen.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I think they ended the old world *because* of Underworld being released. Man, that got their knickers in a twist, that one did!

As far as W:tF, to me, it's just another game. I can still switch back and forth between the two games, they each have their own ethoi and are different enough that I don't get confused. The Hunters in Darkness are great, they're my favourite tribe so far. When I read the description I thought, "Blair Witch Project," "The Village," et alia.

Yes, I know about OWbN, I used to play in the San Francisco Vampire game affiliated with them. Half the games in the Bay Area were OWbN and we even got a couple visiting players (from Chicago and Milwaukee).
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

Uh no. they ended it because they wanted to. They have theri other reaons, and it was being disscussed long before Underworld came out.

The whole line was set up to eventuallt 'end' so that players had a whole history to play with.

The last book included three different possible version of what the epic-game style Final Battles could entail. I got mine on ebay, signed by one of the setting authors ^.^ mrrs.

If anyone is intrested in running an online version of Forsaken, to get an idea of what the whole setting is like, I'd be willing to run somethin g:)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Trinity wrote:If anyone is intrested in running an online version of Forsaken, to get an idea of what the whole setting is like, I'd be willing to run somethin g:)
Sure, sounds good :)
I can't find anyone local who wants to play.
Keep me in the...loop [snicker]