Oni-Con

General convention type stuff.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

October 20-22!?!? Who would host a convention at a time of year when everyone is working? :cry:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

October 20-22!?!? Who would host a convention at a time of year when everyone is working? Crying or Very sad
What I'm Working and Going and Half the Cosply.com members are going this year. heck Last year Rocks!! sorry you'll miss it. I'll be there raising Heck!!
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

im working and going to onicon... yay for sleeping on the job
Apharoh:* finishes sweeping the floor* "Adolph its time for you to mop"
Adolph:"you did a terrible job of sweeping"
Apharoh:"So whats your point"
Adolph:"YOU CANT MOP A DIRTY FLOOR APHAROH!"
Apharoh:"Not with that attitude"
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well...I went to Oni-con today. Not much going on since it was a Sunday. PariahPoet, her boyfriend, and I was a bit hungry. We decided to find a place downtown to eat since the food at the con is expensive.

While we was walking...we spotted pigeons. Heh...Pariahpoet had some fun with them.

Have a look. :D
http://www.figarou.com/videos/lunch.MP4 <---MPEG4

We couldn't find a place to eat so on our way back to the convention.....a car stopped and a woman asked us for directions. I said...."I'm from out of town." Then she said...."Well, does the werewolf know?"

Heh...we all looked at each other and laughed. Pariahpoet was in a cat costume. Not a werewolf costume. She took off before we had a chance to correct her.

One last thing. While inside the dealers room, I was tossing a duckie at Shadowsaber and Pariahpoet. "Solo" (Shadowsaber's boyfriend or brother.) was confused as to what was going on. Shadowsaber introduced us to him. I told him I was "Figarou." He acted as if a movie star was in front of him. He was like..."Whoa!! Its so good to meet you!! What you're doing at the Pack forum is so funny!!"

Heh...I got fans. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Figarou wrote:Well...I went to Oni-con today. Not much going on since it was a Sunday. PariahPoet, her boyfriend, and I was a bit hungry. We decided to find a place downtown to eat since the food at the con is expensive.

While we was walking...we spotted pigeons. Heh...Pariahpoet had some fun with them.

Have a look. :D
http://www.figarou.com/videos/lunch.MP4 <---MPEG4

We couldn't find a place to eat so on our way back to the convention.....a car stopped and a woman asked us for directions. I said...."I'm from out of town." Then she said...."Well, does the werewolf know?"

Heh...we all looked at each other and laughed. Pariahpoet was in a cat costume. Not a werewolf costume. She took off before we had a chance to correct her.

One last thing. While inside the dealers room, I was tossing a duckie at Shadowsaber and Pariahpoet. "Solo" (Shadowsaber's boyfriend or brother.) was confused as to what was going on. Shadowsaber introduced us to him. I told him I was "Figarou." He acted as if a movie star was in front of him. He was like..."Whoa!! Its so good to meet you!! What you're doing at the Pack forum is so funny!!"

Heh...I got fans. :D
AHHHHH!!! Go get em Pariah!! :Jester3: That is soooo Awesome!! Looks like you did have some fun there :jester: I can only imagine how awesome A-kOn Will be next year :grinp: That's just the Awesomeish!! :clownwolf2:
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Not to brush your ego or anything, but I might note that you are quite literally an icon for The Pack, and you are the primary creator and user of the symbol of The Pack (the duckie). You've been here for the longest time, and, near as I can tell, have familiarized yourself with everyone who comes in. If you're not the very first to greet someone, you're within the top ten. You have helped contribute quite a bit to The Pack, to Freeborn, and virtually everything else within this forum.
And you wonder why "Solo" treated you like you were someone famous? Whether your realize it or not, it's because you are.
[/Ego stroking]
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Moon_Lover wrote:Not to brush your ego or anything, but I might note that you are quite literally an icon for The Pack, and you are the primary creator and user of the symbol of The Pack (the duckie).

Hmmmm....I can't take 100% credit. Xodiac 1st brought up the duckie as one of the poll choices to call ourselves. ("The Pack" won the poll.) From there....I took the duckie and did something different so it can stay in the forum. And thats tossing it at people. Editing the wolf icons so its getting hit by duckies and creating a werewolf character that loves to toss duckies kept the duckie madness alive.

:D
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmm....I can't take 100% credit. Xodiac 1st brought up the duckie as one of the poll choices to call ourselves. ("The Pack" won the poll.) From there....I took the duckie and did something different so it can stay in the forum. And thats tossing it at people. Editing the wolf icons so its getting hit by duckies and creating a werewolf character that loves to toss duckies kept the duckie madness alive.

:D
Primary promoter then. Good enough for me.
(And in that case, I notate Xodiac, too.)
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Argh, maybe next year. I might have made it had I still lived down there. Still, I missed the last two Oni-Cons, because there was invariably too much going on at the time. Maybe I should plan for it a year in advance, like A-Kon.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

To be honest, I don't think it's worth that much trouble. It was fairly fun for a two hour drive, but only because Fig, Shadow, and Apharoh were there. Had I not known anybody it would have been fairly boring....
I don't know...it was just tiny. The whole thing took place in just two small rooms of the center. I don't think I'm going to bother going back next year. A-Kon was much better.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks for the head's up; but, meeting some of you would be reason enough to go, even if just for a day. Maybe it could be added to a trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival for a weekend excursion. Give it time; I'm sure it will grow. A-Kon started out with a room or two at a hotel in Dallas, and when I first went, it had less than 500 attendees for the whole weekend. Now it takes over downtown Dallas and the biggest hotel and convention center in Texas, a state with a reputation for big-ness.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

True, true. If I got to hang out with you guys I'd go next year, but it isn't really interesting enough otherwise. But yes, even if I don't go next year, I'll probably try again after a couple years. I think it has potential.