General convention type stuff.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i like coffee . but i love organic tea lck
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Last night I discovered that the worst case senario came true. I can't go to A-Kon at all this year, and I'm 100% certain. My only stroke of luck is that I didn't buy the plane tickets yet. I'm really broken up about this, and it just reinforces my lonesome feelings of being so far from most of my friends and family, away at college.

I suppose I'll let yall know the reasons why, in order of how much it forced this decision.

1) My mother and father failed to tell me about how they expected me to watch the dog during their trip to Hawaii, which falls on the SAME DATES as my annual A-Kon trip. She's too old to be put into a Kennal, so she has to have special care.

2) My 16 year old brother is leaving for Texas in late May, and will be gone for a month, so he can't take care of the dog.

3) I just recently had car repairs that totaled up to $700. The radiator, left headlight, and lower left frame had to be repaired. Extra work also had to be done to fix the paint, which was oxidizing. I had to pay for some of these repairs, and still have to pay off the rest to my parents. Going to A-Kon is $600 I could save for paying off the repairs.

4) The trip would cause me to miss two days of summer classes, and that really isn't very responsible of me to miss them.

As bad as this is, I can still guarantee to you all, that there is nothing holding me back from going next year. A-Kon 19 is a sure thing, because I will be graduated from my junior college, and will have the summer off while waiting for my fall semester at a University. I'll make sure to fully discuss the trip with my family the moment the tickets go on sale, so I can make sure they don't plan anything.

My biggest regret is missing out on meeting so many of you that may not be able to go again. I'm so sorry. :( :cry:
I've been to A-Kon 14, 15, 16, and 17. To miss this once really hurts.
Last edited by Kaebora on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Ohh Man that really Blows Keabora. Gonna really miss you not being there even though i havent met you. well i hope everything goes well and perhaps you can go to Akon 19.

sorry for the bad news. :( :howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Crappolla!

We'll miss you, Kaebora. Hope to see you next year.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

awww....sorry you can't go Kaebora.

I'm not sure...but A-kon 18 might be the last one I go to. It depends if I can get the week of vacation I need for A-kon next year. I think the senior drivers will let me pick the end of May/begining of June next year.

I had a hard time trying to get time off for this year.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

God that sucks Kaebora!! :o :( You sure will be missed an yes hope to see you next year. We'll take plenty of pics for you :(
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

bummer.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm still a little broken up about it. This remote corner of the USA has been succeeding in keeping me bottled away from the rest of the world. God it's irritating. :( I wish I had more friends close to home. A-Kon is the only thing I have to look forward to each year besides Christmas to keep my sanity. Now I have nothing to anticipate for another eight months. This sucks.

Tell you guys what. Next year, since I wont have summer classes, I'll take a whole week off to visit Texas rather than a weekend. Wednesday to Wednesday. I've already gotten permission to use the car my dad uses when he flys there for family stuff, so I can drive you guys to some awesome party places before you fly out. He owes me at least that for making me miss out this year. A-Kon 19 or BUST!

I guess I'll get that second XBox I've been wanting to get with the trip money. :|
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:I'm still a little broken up about it. This remote corner of the USA has been succeeding in keeping me bottled away from the rest of the world. God it's irritating. :( I wish I had more friends close to home. A-Kon is the only thing I have to look forward to each year besides Christmas to keep my sanity. Now I have nothing to anticipate for another eight months. This sucks.

Tell you guys what. Next year, since I wont have summer classes, I'll take a whole week off to visit Texas rather than a weekend. Wednesday to Wednesday. I've already gotten permission to use the car my dad uses when he flys there for family stuff, so I can drive you guys to some awesome party places before you fly out. He owes me at least that for making me miss out this year. A-Kon 19 or BUST!

I guess I'll get that second XBox I've been wanting to get with the trip money. :|

Yeah that really sucks Keabora. Was looking foward to meeting up with you.one thing though. You shouldnt hold off your education just for an convention. Education is way more important IMO. Higher priorities are key, course on the other paw, we wouldnt want you going crazy not meeting with friends for long periods of time.Still hoping the best fop :D you though
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Considering that this year it's just one absence (and not a lecture course), make up work is always availible. :| Doesn't matter now. The summer of A-Kon 19 wont have classes because I'd be transferring between colleges, and the University I'll be attending wont be starting their new animation bachelor's degree until fall of 2008. Mkay? Mkay.
8)
-Kaebora
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Well, at least next year will be fun because I will be 21 then ^_^ so I am sure we can figure out fun stuff to do around Dallas.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Too bad :(
Last edited by Silverclaw on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay... well Silver is head of programming for Akon this year.. For those that are going to make it.

What activities do you think the pack should do? set up? anything? special.. panels.. etc. etc.. Unfortunately last night I was informed that Lee Romaire has been called out on a shoot for that weekend, so is going to be unable to attend at this point.. but I myself will be there, as well as Silver, and Tennatively Drew Waters, 'cast as Max" and currently a series regular on 'inspector mom' on the lifetime channel.

Tony

But yeah, what should we do?
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Oh hello!!! *waves frantically* Okies my 2 cents

Maybe we should do one of the things we didn't get to do last year. Like the script review I think it was called? I had suggested a lil while back that we should have a Pack Parade lol yeah it's random, but a few of us would be sportin a fursuit this year :jester: I dunno if you were planning to show RV again this year, but that might be fun for us who hadn't seen it yet :grinwiggle: I'll shut up now an see wat happens as far as the rest suggestions :jester:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, we definately want to see RV again, even if it's just on a laptop in somebody's room. Too many missed it last time. And maybe make some dvd's to sell us? :wink:
We do need something to attract interest to the film. Another raffle might be good. I could bring a couple of the wolf fur necklaces to add to the raffle.
Dunno what else....Any chance of us getting a sneak peek at the other film you've been working on? ^^
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I expect lots of pictures and descriptions from all of you who are going! I dont have the time or money to go but I hope you all have fun. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay... well Silver is head of programming for Akon this year.. For those that are going to make it.

What activities do you think the pack should do? set up? anything? special.. panels.. etc. etc.. Unfortunately last night I was informed that Lee Romaire has been called out on a shoot for that weekend, so is going to be unable to attend at this point.. but I myself will be there, as well as Silver, and Tennatively Drew Waters, 'cast as Max" and currently a series regular on 'inspector mom' on the lifetime channel.

Tony

But yeah, what should we do?

Oooooo....plans...ummmm...plans....yup...plans.

Dang........its hard to think. So tired from work. :P

Well...my plans is to capture footage. And toss duckies. MUWAHA HA HA!!! :D

As far as a panel. A Freeborn panel....perhaps.

To bad Lee Romaire won't be there. I was hoping to meet him. :(
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Well I'm bringing a dvd player for the room me an Z are staying in so if anyone wants I can bring a crap load of my werewolf flicks, good an bad so we can watch em :Jester3: The room the we have is called a Tower Royale, supposed to be a pretty big room, so yeah I could see that being something we could do if anyone is open to that. The TV in the room is a 32" Plasma screen so it might be fun :jester: I can prollie bring my plug n play. Has a bunch of classic video games on it. I plan on bringing lots of glowsticks like last time. I already have alot more than last time :Jester3: an of course like Fig said capture footage an Moonkit pictures :howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Well I'm bringing a dvd player for the room me an Z are staying in so if anyone wants I can bring a crap load of my werewolf flicks, good an bad so we can watch em :Jester3: The room the we have is called a Tower Royale, supposed to be a pretty big room, so yeah I could see that being something we could do if anyone is open to that. The TV in the room is a 32" Plasma screen so it might be fun :jester: I can prollie bring my plug n play. Has a bunch of classic video games on it. I plan on bringing lots of glowsticks like last time. I already have alot more than last time :Jester3: an of course like Fig said capture footage an Moonkit pictures :howl:  :oo
Heh...I'm staying in the same type of room. 32" Plasma....wait....I think its an LCD.

I'm also bringing my DVD recorder/burner. :grinp: (So I can make DVDs of the footage I capture from my camera.)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Figarou wrote:
You're really going to be carrying around duckies to throw arent you? :lol: I can just see it. Maybe you'll want to glue some string to them so you can pull them back for quicker throwing power. :lol:

By the way...whats a panel? ?? Sorry, Im new to the whole convention thing.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

MoonKit wrote:
Figarou wrote:
You're really going to be carrying around duckies to throw arent you? :lol: I can just see it. Maybe you'll want to glue some string to them so you can pull them back for quicker throwing power. :lol:

By the way...whats a panel? ?? Sorry, Im new to the whole convention thing.
oh yeah he threw duckies last year!! He tried so hard to peg me!! :o As far as a panel I wouldn't know. I don't think it happened last year :P
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, a panel or two would be jawsome 8) On Freeborn, The Pack, the movies you've worked on, and/or werewolves in general. 8) Something like that would be cool :)

And you gotta show Red Victoria this year! I dont care if its on a big screen like last year, or on a laptop. I gots to see it!

And we all gotta have a few offical pack get-toghters while there :D

(I'll bring the mound bars and a lovely lil ww movie gem: Lycan Colony :wink: )

A script get toghter thingy, like we did at Anthrocon a couple years ago. (we can tie Fig up to recreate the warehouse scene, and just throw duckies at him instead :wink: )

hwlwnk

btw: Are you going to be their this year Moonkit?
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I will do my best to have as much as I can.. but as to what it is.. I can't even begin to tell you right now.. Bicycle bobby has wrapped production, which is nice cause now i can cut my hair.. I will bring what I can..

Right now Im trying to get Drew Waters to come out too... (for those that don't know.. he is cast as MAX in the film.. also one of the co-stars of 'inspector mom' on the lifetime channel.

and also was in the original teaser trailer for Freeborn 'as max' oddly enough.. "You sure she doesnt already know about us? "

www.drewwaters.com

i'll give you uupdates as I get them.. and also, I am already going to be doing two panels, one on acting, and one on filmmaking this year..

AB
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

hey i dun care what goes on as long as we all have a grand time. just consider me the tag along.... :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:(we can tie Fig up to recreate the warehouse scene, and just throw duckies at him instead :wink: )
You're going to have to catch me 1st. :thpt2:

Silverclaw wrote:
(I'll bring the mound bars and a lovely lil ww movie gem: Lycan Colony :wink: )

Oh....no! No no no no NO!!

I'm not sitting through THAT again!! Horrible film LC was!!

ABrownrigg wrote:
i'll give you uupdates as I get them.. and also, I am already going to be doing two panels, one on acting, and one on filmmaking this year..

AB

Ooooo...filmmaking....sat through that panel 2 years in a row. Can't wait for the 3rd. :grinp: