Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

I won't be able to go to Akon again this year because of work. :(
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Man some of you guys work at some Evil places. I have never had a job that does not find a way to get some one to cover for me if I am going on vaca or something of the sort.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Well, the problem is where I work only time off is the weekend but is oncall though.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

My job is good with working around a person's hours. I'm just not making enough money to go. I'm dirt poor for the next few months. That, and my family needs someone to watch the dog while THEY go on vacation. Pshh. :evil:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

10 DAYS LEFT!!!!:o :Jester3:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I know. I cant wait. have you found whether or not you are coming joker?

(my computer is broken so I am posting with my Wii. typing is a pain in the tail) :lol:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Short Tail wrote:I know. I cant wait. have you found whether or not you are coming joker?

(my computer is broken so I am posting with my Wii. typing is a pain in the tail) :lol:
Yep everything is a OK :Jester3: YOU GOT A Wii :o :cry: I never did get one.. lol
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Whew, it's going to be a tight squeeze for me...I checked today and I have $400 saved for A-kon which is going to have to cover two at the door tickets and two nights at a hotel (obviously not the AM or Westin) I think gas and meals I can pay for out of my usual budget, but it's still going to be a stretch. I don't think I'll be able to get as much at the dealer's room as I'd wanted.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Short Tail wrote:I know. I cant wait. have you found whether or not you are coming joker?

Yep everything is a OK :Jester3: YOU GOT A Wii :o :cry: I never did get one.. lol
would yall like me to bring it along so the pack can play on it after one of the gatherings?
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Short Tail wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:

would yall like me to bring it along so the pack can play on it after one of the gatherings?
lol that'd be sweet!! :Jester3:
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

Just remember *wear the strap and don't let go* I have a wii myself and one of my friends ened up throwing it at my bedroom door cause they did not have the strap on. *lets just say I got 5 controllers at the momment because of that incident.* :D
Other than that it is a great multiplayer system and I hope you bring Rayman, that game is awesome for watching other people play.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Short Tail wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:

yes....but...jokerwolf told me that the hotel charges extra if you hook up something to the TV set. I find that stupid. Jokerwolf will explain more since she was the one that asked.

i'm going to be very busy this week and next. So I won't be online as much. Memorial day is next Monday. I know I'll be putting in lots of overtime. I still need to get some stuff packed for A-kon.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

If I do bring it, (dont want someone paying extra because of me) I would bring all my games: Rayman, wii sports, excite truck, zelda, and farcry. I might get monkey ball before then but we will see.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Say I got an idea with that. IF we all want to do some gaming an watnot we should all chip in some dough or something. I'm already bringing my dvd player an my plug an play. If we all want to set up in a room we can try that..I'll need to call back to get exact prices an then I'll post it up here asap oh yea...

9 DAYS!!!! :o :Jester3:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

6 DAYS!! :Jester3:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Has anyone else got Pre-registration tickets?

Since I'll be there thursday..I want to get them on thursday night instead of Friday morning.

http://www.a-kon.com/bm/News/convention-hours.shtml
Pre-registration starts Thursday night at 6:30 (this is where people who are pre-registered pick up their convention badge & materials).
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:Has anyone else got Pre-registration tickets?

Since I'll be there thursday..I want to get them on thursday night instead of Friday morning.

http://www.a-kon.com/bm/News/convention-hours.shtml
Pre-registration starts Thursday night at 6:30 (this is where people who are pre-registered pick up their convention badge & materials).
yes ive got mine :)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Indeed!! Both me a Z got ours so we'll prollie do that thursday too..

OMFG!! I just called the hotel an NOW they are saying some crap about you having to order another TV from them..WTF?! Also they said it would be $150 PER DAY!!! When I first called a few months back they said 75..Ugh I'm not not going to give them anymore money..Forget the dvd player..I'll just watch TV we already have..This is sad seeing how much you already pay for your room. Just think, if you weren't going there for a-kon the rooms would be $225 an up instead..geez..they try to break you don't they? :P
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Joker, forget the tv. I'll bring my portable dvd player.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Bunch of theives :roll:

Anywho, I'll be leaving for TX Thursday morning; so I guess I'll be their sometime in mid-late afternoon. It'll be on a night of a full moon, thats gotta be a good sign right there :D

OK, a lil warning...if I'm being quite, its not because I'm being a stuck-up a**, but because I can get shy :P :) So if I get like that, your going to have to forgive me :wink:

Btw, are we supposed to get anything in the mail from the Akon people? I got nothing so far...Should I be worried?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Bunch of theives :roll:
You said it.

If they could get away with it, I bet they'll charge extra for breathing thier air. :roll:

And add an air contamination fee for farting. :lol:

Silverclaw wrote:OK, a lil warning...if I'm being quite, its not because I'm being a stuck-up a**, but because I can get shy :P :) So if I get like that, your going to have to forgive me :wink:
Not to worry. A duckie will be heading your way if I see a little bit of shyness. :wink:

Silverclaw wrote: Btw, are we supposed to get anything in the mail from the Akon people? I got nothing so far...Should I be worried?

wait....did you order the tickets online? Did you get a conformation e-mail? If so...print that out. THATS what you need to get your A-kon pass.
PariahPoet wrote:Joker, forget the tv. I'll bring my portable dvd player.
Oh cool...we could snuggle up close and.... :wolfkiss:

Ooops...slip of the tongue. :jester:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Paypal was acting weird for me, so I sent in my pre-reg stuff in via snail-mail. That was about two months ago or so. The only email I got from them was 'Welcome to the akon-updates mailing list!' message.
:|
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Silverclaw wrote:Paypal was acting weird for me, so I sent in my pre-reg stuff in via snail-mail. That was about two months ago or so. The only email I got from them was 'Welcome to the akon-updates mailing list!' message.
yeah a months after i sent my check through the snail mail i cancelled it and re-registered that night and got immediate confirmation then two weeks later i got my pre-regester tickets...... four or so months after that i got an email from them asking me why i stopped payment on my check....

what a bunch of idiots.. :P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

PariahPoet wrote:Joker, forget the tv. I'll bring my portable dvd player.
Awww..thanks Pariah, that's really awesome of you!!! :jester:

Silverclaw wrote:Paypal was acting weird for me, so I sent in my pre-reg stuff in via snail-mail. That was about two months ago or so. The only email I got from them was 'Welcome to the akon-updates mailing list!' message.
Only 2 months ago? Ouch that might be cuttin it too close..Many folks do the snail mail thing so they have alot to go through...Hmm..but seeing you got the welcome e-mail I would think you did get the info via email. Have you checked ur bulk box? It could have been sent there. Also if not send them an email an see if they can't resend it..To me that just seems like it happened. Or tell them you never got the comformation email an hopefully they can do this quick an easy..Time is too short for any delays :(
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

yeah if i hadnt already bought my flight i would just give you my con ticket but its a little late for that one :)