A-Kon 19

General convention type stuff.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Yeah, she got the attention she deserved in the con, but not from the Pack.
We all went our seperate ways at A-kon. And not all of the pack went to see AB's panels and Red Victoria. RV was going on at the same time as the Cosplay contest you was in. Thats why I wasn't there.

Last year...AB had a table there. It was our center point of the whole convention. We had a place to hang out and meet up. Since there was no table this year......our attention was drawn elsewhere.

PariahPoet wrote:Fig, you're always going to be my friend, I wouldn't let anything as petty as my need for attention get in the way of that, but you really weren't interested.
Remember I sent you a pm saying I wasn't sure if it was worth finishing Red becaue I didn't want to compete with Okami?
Your reaction- OOH! I didn't know she was making an Okami!
Not intertested? How can you say that? Even though ShadowSaber made an Okami suit...I didn't have the time to actually see it. I was watching Red Victoria.

PariahPoet wrote:I mean, it's not that big a deal. You liked her stuff before I even started making suits. But you know me, I have to whine.
It's just that I really didn't have much fun this year.
*sigh*

Well...I had fun. It was great seeing ya'll again. It was great to actually meet SilverClaw. We just need better plans for next year.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Well AB has been at anthrocon and at dragoncon I believe.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Pariah: Cathey and I never got to see you in your costume! We saw photos, but never got to see the suit itself. The photos look pretty spectacular.

I agree that this year wasn't as fun overall as last year; we were a bit more disorganized, and we didn't really have a big, unified get-together after Thursday. We got some partial groups, but we kept individually having stuff coming up, keeping us scattered. A lot of people went to bed early Friday, too; I think many of us were worn out even upon arrival.

With a bit more pacing and planning, I think 19 will go a lot better.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I do want to help plan out the following for next year:

-Group photo
-Group costumed photo
-BIG Pack meeting Saturday night
-The Pack Feast
-Attending some of the con's events as a group

That, and anything anyone can come up with. The more we try to include everyone, the less likely anyone feels left out. Thus, we may try to avoid scheduleing Pack events at the same time as major con events, like the Cosplay, and the concerts. There's always something interesting going on at A-Kon. (Accept on Sunday. Hence why I'm gonna get DRUNK Saturday night with some of the Pack, I'm sure. ROFL!)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:I do want to help plan out the following for next year:

-Group photo
-Group costumed photo
-BIG Pack meeting Saturday night
-The Pack Feast
-Attending some of the con's events as a group

That, and anything anyone can come up with. The more we try to include everyone, the less likely anyone feels left out. Thus, we may try to avoid scheduleing Pack events at the same time as major con events, like the Cosplay, and the concerts. There's always something interesting going on at A-Kon. (Accept on Sunday. Hence why I'm gonna get DRUNK Saturday night with some of the Pack, I'm sure. ROFL!)
sounds like an plan if im not at AC next year :D :howl:  :oo
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

A movie time also :)
Could watch Red Victoria, or one of many cheesy werewolf flicks (You lot WILL see Lycan Colony yet! :evil: ) :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:A movie time also :)
Could watch Red Victoria, or one of many cheesy werewolf flicks (You lot WILL see Lycan Colony yet! :evil: ) :wink:

I'll jump out the nearest window before that happens.

:lol:

my chances of going has increased. A senior driver is going to help me pick the week I need.

He picks...then we trade off later. If I wait to pick...the week will be taken up by someone else.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I think next year I'll save up for at least one night for movies, actually it for a full day so yea bring all the movies you can..I would have done it this year, but money was way to tight. Now if I start saving right now on up to a-kon I won't have to worry at all so heh yea SilverClaw bring Lycan Colony!! I'll bring my crappy collection as well :eviljester2: I bet I'll run into some more this halloween so rest assured me an Silverclaw will serve em up nice for you all :Jester3:

Oh that's great Fig!! :o It'll be nice to know ahead of time you'll be going!! Goodluck man!! :jester:

I would fancy the idea of more of us coming in fursuits next year!! I really want to come in fur this time cause i didn't get to this time, but thankfully there are so many Cons that go on throughout the year :jester:
D-Mister28
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by D-Mister28 »

You bet I'll be there next year and this time early belive that!!!! :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

To those who don't think they can make it: a lot can happen in a year. Things that might seem impossible today could become pretty routine by then.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Agreed Scott :jester:

I think we planned some of these things on to short of a notice so definate plans need to be made I believe ahead of time. As for Memberships online, I plan on getting mines next month as well as reserving a hotel room an definately will start saving for this immeditley..
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

All I know is that next A kon will be loads of fun because I will be 21. And I definatly agree about the night events. I plan on going to both raves again next year and those start at about 12am each night. I only have one other comitment at Akon and that is with the DFW furs since we always meet up, but other than that I will be free for pack activities.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:To those who don't think they can make it: a lot can happen in a year. Things that might seem impossible today could become pretty routine by then.
Beam me up... I mean, across... Scotty. :wink:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

So who's counting down already? :Jester3: I can't help but do so lol I have enjoyed myself so much everytime I've went I am just so excited about the upcoming event..Hmm..8 months away..This year is flying by already an it'll be here for ya know it :o I already have bought my Membership an Z has as well so with that outta the way the money to be saved now is for traveling,hotels an buying crap there :jester:
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

well, I've been talking to my mom....and it turns out I have a good chance of going! and we Have the money!!!!:D

it's like a 60/40% chance, but that's a good chance in my case! :howl:  :oo

wow.....my first kon! :o the more I think about this....the more hyper I get! :lol:

I'll be making a Teena Castume since chances look good! :howl:  :oo :D
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Sweet! Hope to see ya there Teena!

Joker- will be awesome to see you and Z again, (goes without saying). :)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(AHHHHH, Crap, why does it have to be in texas? The human lives up in Pennsylvania, and there is no chance we can get there. Dang it! I really wanted to meet you idiots... i mean, packmates at least once. :lol:
And i saw Pictures of Pariah's costume from last year too, (Thanks Z for putting 'em in your posts,) and no i realyl wish i knew how to make a 'Bow to the all powerfurry one' wolf emotioncon. DAMN WAS THAT COOL!)
I agree whole heartedly. Pariah's stuff is good, but remember, not everyone notices things that are great until later.
(Besides... it looks like her character walked out of one of her drawings. {Bows} ALL HAIL THE GREAT PARIAH...Ooooffff!)
{Elbows WS is stomach} EHh, shut up already. Hopefully one of these years, i will be able to make it. When i do, i'll track you all down if i have to. :D
({Whispers} Stalker. OW!)
{Hits WS over head with fist} Next time i'm using a sledge hammer.
Anyway, have a good time at A-kon everyone.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I was going to update my Kaebora costume for the Kon, but alas the big move will make that impossible now. Maybe for A-Kon 20. Anyways, I can say that without a doubt I will be there. Considering that I will be living and working in the Dallas area again, I'll be there even if work doesn't give me the time off.

*Stamps his forehead with the word "APPROVED"* This is permanent yall! Oh... crap. *Rubs forehead* It's permanent.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

@Keeper

wow.

Ummmm.....thanks? hehe
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I dunno about you all, but I have been counting the months down already.. 6 months.. time flies yes? In any case I want to know when we actually start making plans of wat we are going to be doing at a-kon 19 next year. I have no clue, but I would love to have an idea at least :P Again me an Z are going to be there.. Still planning on having a half suit or two for this.. Hmm..wat else?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, pledging now to reserve a room and badges before New Year's. Looks like Cathey is interested in coming, but that may change on a whim. Alternatively, she might decide to come for one or two days, but not the whole time. This year, she'll be pain free, so she should be able to enjoy the con more. Last time, she was only able to make it about half-way before an ailing hip got too much for her. But this time, her cyberware should have the rest of us running to keep up.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Wonderful! Glad to hear Kathy's doing better and that you guys will be there. :)
If she doesn't care to spend much time at the con, maybe a few of us could still get together for supper one night or something. ^^
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well...I'm not going to A-kon 19.

The week I need is already picked by another driver.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:( :( :( :( :(