Heavy Metal fiddle at Dragon Con

General convention type stuff.
Baphnedia

Heavy Metal fiddle at Dragon Con

Post by Baphnedia »

Herein are the details and stuff about where to find me in a week and a half;

Violinist fiddles with the Devil's Music at Dragon Con

It was only a matter of time until a rebel reggae violinist went to the dark side and recorded heavy metal with iconic Hawaiian heavy metal band, Sacred Rite. His work there, dedicated to the memory of the late Kevin Lum, is done, and you can hear it on their latest album, “Resurrection.”

Louis Lamp will perform in the evening September 1st, 2007 at Dragon Con (August 31st — September 3rd, www.dragoncon.org) in the Hyatt Regency Centennial Ballroom between Vainglory and Twisted Tower Dire. Look for those two bands, who also had to call agents of Heaven and Hell to get there, to catch the fiddler.

Sacred Rite's newest album, “Resurrection” will be available for purchase at the Heaven and Hell Records Table, where many musicians will be available to meet, or for autographs. Also available there will be Louis Lamp's debut album, “An Open Mind” will stand in stark contrast to all the metal available through Heaven and Hell Records. According to Jef Peace, An Open Mind is known to be smoother than fine sipping whiskey, without the nasty side effects. Louis Lamp is known for genre jumping more often than he changes his underwear.

Vainglory's storied history includes performances with Doro Pesch, the former lead singer in Warlock, taking over the cover of Flash Magazine. Bringing down the Hyatt Regency from the Centennial Ballroom is just a taste of what they're up to next.

Twisted Tower Dire was born in the mid 1990's when metal in the United States was perhaps at it's lowest. In their 11 year history, they give metal heads the medicinal music they need — music made for head banging. It is suggested that if you are in stage in front of them, show your support by banging thy head.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Damn, my college starts up again next monday (Aug 27th), so DragonCon is a no-go. Plus I'm saving funds for moving back to Texas. Sorry but I have to sit this one out. Good luck at the con-cert Baph.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Thanks Kaebora! The con-cert went well (and led to two other shows at the con), and everything was made of awesome. I have much to write on it at a later tiem... for now - nap.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook