Confirmed PACK Members Attending:
Scott Gardener
Figarou
Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
PariahPoet

Original Messege:
I will be there, or bust.
I'll be sure to iron out the blue longcoat and blue tie. Then find or steal a captain's hat. :D

My goal this year is to at least schedule one major "Official Pack Meeting", and perhaps rent a private conference room for the occation. If time and participation permits, maybe we can all attend a special event as a group. Until the schedules are fleshed out closer to the Kon dates, we can't be sure. I'll try and work the times around Anthony's seminars/movie screenings.

I can help make this happen. Administration is my dayjob, so I can handle this no problem. :wink:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: A-Kon 20

Post by Moss27 »

I'll try to attend. I've never been to a convention before, so this would be great experience. Can't wait to see how this project progresses.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll be there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'll be there as well. All I need is to pick the end of May for my vacation and I'm all set.

If I lose my job when Exxon sells thier stores, then I can't go.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Hmm.. I dont know, really. I'll be 18 by then, and hopefully (maybe) ill have the money to go. Unfortunately, that would be one heck of an expensive trip for me. I dont even know if i could go, since i dont know when my school gets out. I would love to go, though!

Edit: Well, darn. Just checked my schools calendar, I dont get out until June 12th. Ah well, no A-Kon this year either. Poo.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

AHHH! Why do i have to live in PA? Eh... it'd be to freakin expensive to go for me, so unless i get a better paying job, and save up enough for it... i'm probably never going to go...

Ah well... hate it when i can't go somewhere but... that's life after all...

Maybe i'll be able to attend... when the packs gone and i have no real desire too... :( crap...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

At least you're closeby Philly, and Anthrocon. Some of the pack meets there every year too.
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm already looking forward.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

A part of me has always wanted to attend a convention like this ... if only just to say that I did, and to see what they are really like.

... but I'm a bit of a recluse and not the kind of person who would likely get the most out of that kind of experience (I'm not all that talkative in person, and I'm not really the type who collects a lot of memorabilia or artwork/posters) ...

Plus, I have no idea where I will be, or what I will be doing next Spring ... but most likely, I will not have the free time or the finances to travel from wherever I am to Texas and back again (plus lodging expenses and food) without putting myself deeply into debt doing so.

So ... I'd kinda, maybe like to ... but it's probably not going to be possible for me.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I feel the same about furry conventions. I'm not like most of the furs that I see in videos of these events. Hyper, making animal noises, jumping around... I'd probobly feel out of place with my typical mellow laid-back attitude. People tell me that once you experiance such a convention for yourself, you get addicted, and can't wait to go again the next year. This is how I would describe anime conventions as well. They are definately worthwhile if you have friends to attend it with.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I'll try to go this time around. I will only have one person to pay for this time. Myself :Jester3: It all depends on the economy and if it falls or rises up...
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

I'll maybe go, it couldn't hurt..
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Things are still looking positive on my end. I'm calling the hotel and convention staff soon to get a quote on reserving a conference room in the facility for a private meeting. I am wondering about a few things.

How long would we need it for?
What time slot would work best?
What would we do during the Pack meeting?
Does Anthony already have plans for a Pack meeting?
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Might be there, might not. I'm finally working again, but it's through a temp agency so it's a little unpredictable. Besides that I'm giving Furry Fiesta priority over a-kon since the last one I went to was kind of a drag.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I might do furry fiesta since its near my hometown, and because a lot of furs I know want me to go. Buuut... depends on the funds.
-Kaebora
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

I've already bought the three-day membership, and several of my friends and I are pooling money together for a hotel room.

I'd be happy to go to a Pack meeting.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Since I have a new job, my A-kon plans has changed. I'm only going to be there for one day only. (Friday.) I have to be at my job one full year before I get any vacation time.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm going to try to make it. It depends on whether I still have this job.(I'm working as a temp, so my financial situation can change at a moment's notice. :(
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Let's A-Kon! For Anime pleasure, the convention happens.

Post by Scott Gardener »

Looks like this could be the Pack's comeback. Last year was a definite fizzle, and the year before started off nice the night before the convention, but it, too, kind of dwindled afterwards. Many of us seem to be able to come only part of the time; Friday night looks like the best time to aim for a group event. Still, some of us, myself included, plan on all three days, making the idea of multiple events possible.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

You know, I have never been to a convention. I'm pretty sure I know what's there, but I think A-con would be the way to go. It's always a matter of money and transportation. But, you know I'm working on something this year. So, who knows? If I do go to this one, I'd like to know what I should bring. I heard a couple people brought lawn chairs to one and they ended up blowing them up or something...I don't know. :roll:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Well, I should be beginning my career as a mostly-independent adult when I move at the end of February, and A-kon is around 3 months after that, so I should have been able to get a new job, get settled, and recoup from the costs of moving.

It would definitely be interesting, and I'll be putting some serious effort into being able to attend.
Last edited by Wingman on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I might be there - we'll see if I live through Guatemala and stuff.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

Avareis wrote:If I do go to this one, I'd like to know what I should bring. I heard a couple people brought lawn chairs to one and they ended up blowing them up or something...I don't know. :roll:
Unfortunately, the staff at the hotel at A-Kon probably wouldn't like explosions there. Really, you don't need to bring much. You'll want to bring money because no doubt there will be something there that you'll want to buy, from food to souvenirs. Also, if you plan on dressing up.. well, anything works, after all. Anime characters aren't the only things you see there; last year, I saw a Ghostbuster.. and some tetris blocks. xD Oh, and don't forget a camera.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Are we going to have a Pack meet at A-kon? I hope we all can get together on Friday cause that's the only day I'll be there. I'm not sure what we could do during the meet. Any ideas?
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Figarou wrote:Are we going to have a Pack meet at A-kon? I hope we all can get together on Friday cause that's the only day I'll be there. I'm not sure what we could do during the meet. Any ideas?
Well, we could party like we're animals. :) I'm not really sure, though, as I've never been to a convention before. Need to research the conventions of conventions.
Knowing the way things work, I'll get con rot on the first day there and then spend the next week passed out in my hotel bathtub.

I've heard tell that AB occasionally graces A-kon with his presence, anyone know if he's going to be there this year?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.