A-Kon 20

General convention type stuff.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: A-Kon 20

Post by Figarou »

it's not like I "can't" walk. I just can't be on my feet all day. Walking is suppose to be good for you. But not when your joints are in constant pain. (osteoarthritis)

Sandwiches is good. I just need to keep the lunch meat, ham, etc... cool on the way up.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Hmm, I might be still coming after all, but I most likely won't have a fursuit done, but least I can can still make it possibly.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Good to hear! :3
Hey, if you want to bring suitmaking stuff, maybe we could both sew on it in the evenings. ^^
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Ahh, The Pack Sewing Circle, so that's why I decided to come to A-Kon :)
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

lol, yep, that's it alright!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I decided not to come to A-kon 20 this year. I apologize to Pariah, Fig Scott, Akugarou and WIngman. I am wanting to take the room off my debit card, so I need to have someone put their name down on the room instead.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

well, I can't come till I'm 18, by then a lot of things should be better for me. so till then I'll be saving up. :)
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I decided not to come to A-kon 20 this year. I apologize to Pariah, Fig Scott, Akugarou and WIngman. I am wanting to take the room off my debit card, so I need to have someone put their name down on the room instead.
What? :?

I was looking forward to seeing you again. Sure wish you can still make it to a-kon if things turn out ok.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I decided not to come to A-kon 20 this year. I apologize to Pariah, Fig Scott, Akugarou and WIngman.
Aw, shucks! There's no need to apologize to me. I was pretty much on the fence about going anyways. Without you being there, (and let's face it, a large infusion of cash) I don't think there's much point.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I'll be at A-kon 20 after all. I can't wait to see ya'll :jester:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Sweet!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Joker:
Gah! That's a relief. I was about to rant, rave, and carry on about how much I'll miss you. Thankfully I don't have to. See you there!

Fig:
What about peanut butter? It requires no refrigeration, and it makes sandwiches readily. We could use honey in place of jelly, since honey also doesn't need cooling.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I am still not able to teleport. :(
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Peanut butter and honey sounds good to me. Image

Cheese keeps pretty well too. At Mission:Wolf I always had cheese and it was fine un-refrigerated as long as a week. Could even make tacos some night with that ground beef they make in the packets like tuna. ^^ Or with canned chicken. If M:W taught me anything it was how to live without a refrigerator or microwave! XD
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I'll be at A-kon 20 after all. I can't wait to see ya'll :jester:

Cool. See you there.
Scott Gardener wrote:
Fig:
What about peanut butter? It requires no refrigeration, and it makes sandwiches readily. We could use honey in place of jelly, since honey also doesn't need cooling.

Honey? No thanks. Jelly makes the peanut butter less sticky. If the room has a fridge, I'll bring jelly. Besides, I don't have to put it in the fridge until after I open it.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

My new costume is being shipped from New Zealand in a week and a half. It'll be in time for A-Kon! Woo! The werehare will be there.

I might be able to convince my friends in the RabbitInTheMoon costumer group to meet you guys. A few of them are professional mascott performers, one of which worked at Disney World. Their most famous private costumes are Minerva Mink, Bridgett Mouse, and Nora the Robot Cat, all of which they are bringing to A-Kon. They use a style of costuming called Kigarumi, which uses plastic mold-cast masks and zentai spandex skin, instead of fur or cloth. It's interesting to see the different styles of costuming that are just now being introduced to the western world.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Oh um, Pariah don't forget POCKY!!!:pocky: Oh and I keep forgetting to respond to your post about the fursuit making stuff. Need to get in touch with ya about that. I am looking forward to seeing my friends again and seeing ya Wingman :jester: I am down with P&J'S I am going to bring some beef jerky. Must have meat :Jester3: Pariah cheese is like a must :Jester3:

Oh my folks just got a Nintendo Wii Figarou, maybe I could bring a game of mines too? Though the only game I own right now is Resident evil 4, but I have a few game cube games I could bring as well as a controller. I have Mario Kart Dash for gamecube if anyone likes racing games. Luigi's Mansion, but it's one player. I do hope you can come Akugarou it would be awesome to meet ya. This is gonna be so great! I wish to that both Xiroteus and nagowteena could come. I do wonder why you need to wait till your 18 Teena :( You reall Well we have 37 days left folks :jester:

37 days is actually the 28th. How many folks are coming Thursday? I just want to see if we could all do something that Thursday, though I may use that day to work on the fursuit, but still I'd like to know just in case.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

I got my bus tickets a few days ago (riding down a bit further south will save me about a hundred bucks, even after paying for the tickets themselves), but I just noticed the lady has it scheduled for April 26th, rather than May. So I guess I need to go change that.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Wingman wrote:I got my bus tickets a few days ago (riding down a bit further south will save me about a hundred bucks, even after paying for the tickets themselves), but I just noticed the lady has it scheduled for April 26th, rather than May. So I guess I need to go change that.
I might change that lol Does that mean you are coming Thursday May 28th?
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Yeah, I'm going to bus down to my sister's house on the 26th, then fly to Dallas either the night of the 27th, or the morning of the 28th. I'm still not sure, as it's probably a 16 hour flight or something. I wouldn't want to get there and then drop into a coma and sleep through A-Kon. :)

I'm also hoping that I didn't bungle my passport application, as I had to reopen the envelope because I forgot to include some stuff, and then had to tape it back shut. The lady at the post office said it should be okay, so hopefully it's all good.
Hmm, the canadapost website tells me the package is still in town, five days after I left it with them, and a day after it was guaranteed to be in Quebec for processing. Hmm, might just be a timezone difference, or they haven't updated it yet. Hmm.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Morning...Hmm...Well the room won't open till 2pm. I am still not sure when my flight will arrive. I will let you know. I want to arrive early. Perhaps we could just go t the hotel together and see if they'd let the room be opened earlier. They sometimes do that, but we can finalize that later on. If you are indeed getting there uber early then I should get there early too so you won't be alone there and since you never been here before. Well not Dallas to my knownledge...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Well, I'm going to be getting my tickets some time this week, on one of my days off, so I'll let you know. But, if anything it'd likely be an afternoon-until-next-morning flight, or a morning-until-late-night flight, or something, I'm not really sure what schedules they're running.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll be there Thursday around three, when the rooms become available. I'm staying through Sunday. Some of that time will be spent with family; my son-in-law Jason is one of my roommates, and my sister and her husband are coming; the later is a ranking manager of security.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Unless I win the lottery or something like that, my appearance at AKON 20 this year is not going to be.

Currently, I am still unemployed, as I have been for the last 4 months. I was collecting an unemployment insurance benefit, but it's gone...

It's unfortunate, because I will have a lot of time on my hands at the end of May. What with school being out for the summer, no job to take up time, and my brother (we go to movies and stuff) being away for the 2 weeks surrounding the last weekend of May; it was the perfect time to go, and I could really use some time away from here.

So have fun, y'all. There's always next year.
Last edited by Akugarou on Wed May 06, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

awwwwwwww :(

I was looking forward to meeting you in person, Akugarou.

:(