A-Kon 20

General convention type stuff.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Re: A-Kon 20

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

unfortunitly I cannot go because I have school monday through friday and plus my parent are very protective. D:
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Wingman wrote: Well, we could party like we're animals. :) I'm not really sure, though, as I've never been to a convention before. Need to research the conventions of conventions.
Knowing the way things work, I'll get con rot on the first day there and then spend the next week passed out in my hotel bathtub.

I've heard tell that AB occasionally graces A-kon with his presence, anyone know if he's going to be there this year?
As with any convention....there's things to do....see.....people to meet, and stuff to buy. Problem is, its impossible to do everything. There might be 2 events happening at the same time. Depending on how big the dealers room is...you may not get a chance to see all the stuff in there.

As for the pack meet....we all had lunch together the last time I was there. There we ate and talked about stuff. I know each pack member will want to do different things during the day. So we may not be all together the whole day. Me.....I'm just going to check out the dealers room...meet up with AB and the pack members...then call it a day since I'll be there only one day.

AB had a pack meet in his room one year. I'm not sure if he'll do it again this year. He'll be busy doing panels and help run the convention. His wife is even harder to get a hold of during the convention. You may see her...then she'll disappear cause she has stuff to do.

We just need to find a way to meet up with the 1st timers. Its not easy finding other pack member if you don't know who to look for or where to meet up.
Fallenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Of the Blood Moon
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Fallenwolf »

darn i wish i could go but i got school and im in NJ + still cant drive on out of state yet :cry: . maybe by end of this year or next year when i can take leave form base/school. but almost 100% next year
mess with the best die like the rest
Pet's name: Sèitheach
Adopt your own!
http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=152051 werewolf game come i got a clan to!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

We still have time to plan for this, but its too early to know what time on Friday would be best. I wouldn't mind spending all of my Friday with the Pack since its the day most of everyone will be there. Reserving a conference room is a far cry form possible, considering that they cost quite a pritty penny to reserve, and I'll already be paying for a hotel room. We may just be better off meeting up at a place in the convention or at a hotel room, then having an outdoor meeting (perhaps by that big neeto rotating marble ball in the courtyard).
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Let's A-Kon! The convention occurs.

Post by Scott Gardener »

If we can't do it in his room, there's mine. Cathey and I hosted a get-together a few years back. I think it was two years ago. We ran it Thursday night, before the actual convention, but at the time we had a lot of Pack members arriving early. Friday might make more sense this time around, though Friday night does have other convention events--I know there's opening ceremonies, and probably a rock concert afterwards.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

It's possible for me to go friday and Saturday. I'll be heading back home Sunday morning. I have to wait and see if my boss will approve my request for an extra day off.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Won't AB be there? I was looking up his name and I found out that he's a regular at the A-Kon, I think. If anybody gets to go, go talk to him about the movie!
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I've decided that I WILL be going to A-Kon. I'll be hanging out with the same costuming troupe as I did at Furry Fiesta, and this time be in costume myself as well. This will be the last A-Kon I go to while living in New Mexico. The drive just kills me every time. Hopefully by 2010 I'll be living in Texas again, which would make Texas conventions a possibility again.

However, I don't have a person to room with. My friends already have full rooms. Anyone here going to A-Kon need a person to share the cost of a room with?
-Kaebora
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Well, I've thus far got no idea as to where I'm going to be staying down there, so I might need a roommate as well.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Sticking my nose in here! I am planning on coming to A-kon this year and was interested in sharing a room as well. I am game for splitting the cost of a room too if no one minds that is.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hey Joker, let me get with the mate. We're trying to make it to this one and might be up for sharing a room.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

PariahPoet wrote:Hey Joker, let me get with the mate. We're trying to make it to this one and might be up for sharing a room.
Hey sounds good! I was looking into a bigger room btw. I have talked with one pack member already that is game for splitting a room cost, but I have one more to talk with. Depending on how things go, I may be driving there. You up for rooming with others? I want to see if we could get a bigger room, but I guess it all depends what everyone wants to do. I got these prices off the A-kon 20 website.

* Single (King Bed) or Double (2 Queen Beds) Room (for 1 — 4 people) = $154.00 per night plus tax.
* Junior King Suite = $200 per night plus tax.
* Executive Suite = $250.00 per night plus tax.
* Dallas Suite = $400.00 per night plus tax.
* Presidential Suite = $900.00 per night plus tax.

I guess as of right now I have to see what is up with you and also the other person. I am not sure they would want me to mention them. I am sure they would on their own. I think we all could agree with is a good idea to share seeing how the economy is right now. Kaebora? What say you? You want to be in as well? I am coming alone, the other person is as well and possibly Pariah. I know for sure without question I will be there.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

It looks like a good possibility that I'll be rooming with either Scott, or the group of costumers I went to Furry Fiesta with. Waiting to see what the latter has to say first, but its still a bit far off to be sure. I should know by the middle of this week what my room situation is, but I'd really be more comfortable if I have a second plan to fall back on.
-Kaebora
Khuwwa
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Khuwwa »

Aw, man.

I wanna go to a convention... and the Pack is awesome sauce, you all seem really cool!
But I'm in... Canada. And like everyone right now, got no extra money whatsoever... so far away... sheesh!

Ah well, maybe one day :) Best wishes to all you who get to go, hope it's a blast! (And is Anthony Brownrigg really going? That must be one of THE events of the trip for any Pack member :P)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

It seems to me that most of us don't make the Pack meeting the highlight of the convention, but rather enjoy the convention like everyone else as a group.

I'm torn between three different groups of people I'm meeting up with at the convention including this one, so I have a lot of planning to do.
:lol:

More or less, we want to make sure we have a well scheduled official Pack meeting in a conference room, or in someone's donated hotel room. There's no way to know what the room numbers are until check-in time, so a web of cell phone calls will be needed I'm sure. I looked into conference rooms that are available during the convention, and there ARE some available on the upper floors of the building... for a cost I am not willing to drop on it alone.

The days leading up to the convention's date will have all the details sorted out hopefully. Until then, can we estabolish a list of who is going for sure? I had a list set aside back when I made the first post. We may as well start filling it with our names.
:love:
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I wish we could have the main Pack event on Saturday. That's why we never saw anybody last time we were there because we couldn't make it Friday.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Yeah, I'd probably never be able to pay for a room by myself for more than a day or two, in addition to flying down there and buying a bunch of junk.
So yeah, it sounds pretty good.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Why not have the main pack event on Saturday as Pariah suggested?? So it looks like Wingman, myself and Pariah and her mate so far? I just want to make sure because I will look into the rooms personally. Kaebora I assume it is not a sure thing still? What room are you guys wanting?

I am thinking one of these two:

* Executive Suite = $250.00 per night plus tax.
* Dallas Suite = $400.00 per night plus tax.

I am trying to see which seems more reasonable.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

That one will do. :D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I have no aversion to sleeping on the floor in my sleeping bag, so we don't have to get so many beds. I still need to run it by Daniel and make sure he's cool with splitting a room.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

What it's looking like is probobly me rooming with Scott & Co. on Thursday, and then in the "Rabbit in the Moon" costuming troupe's suite on Friday and Saturday. I'm one of their spotters, so I'd have to be there for them from start to finish during their walk-around. Nora's huge Kigarumi head is almost a two man job. LOLZ

I'm not opposed to a Saturday meeting. I'd suggest somtime in mid-morning for an hour, like maybe 11am - 12pm, so that we don't have to miss out on any of the major events later that day. The convention schedule's PDF file should be released several weeks before the convention starts, so we could wait for that before working out times for meetings.
Xiroteus wrote:
I already checked. All of the Presidential Suites already are booked for the convention's weekend. The group I'm with actually was considering getting one due to the sheer volume of costumes. Maybe next year.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Xiroteus wrote:
Wait, are you saying your going X? :o
PariahPoet wrote:I have no aversion to sleeping on the floor in my sleeping bag, so we don't have to get so many beds. I still need to run it by Daniel and make sure he's cool with splitting a room.
I was thinking the same. I just need a blanket and I can curl up on the floor just fine ans sleep and I hope he's up for that, I really want to see ya'll again :(

Kaebora wrote:What it's looking like is probobly me rooming with Scott & Co. on Thursday, and then in the "Rabbit in the Moon" costuming troupe's suite on Friday and Saturday. I'm one of their spotters, so I'd have to be there for them from start to finish during their walk-around. Nora's huge Kigarumi head is almost a two man job. LOLZ

I'm not opposed to a Saturday meeting. I'd suggest somtime in mid-morning for an hour, like maybe 11am - 12pm, so that we don't have to miss out on any of the major events later that day. The convention schedule's PDF file should be released several weeks before the convention starts, so we could wait for that before working out times for meetings.
Xiroteus wrote:
I already checked. All of the Presidential Suites already are booked for the convention's weekend. The group I'm with actually was considering getting one due to the sheer volume of costumes. Maybe next year.
Actually I called the hotel and they told me they have no such rooms in the hotel. The biggest room is the Junior suite. They told me since the hotel name change the rooms have changed too. I dunno what to think here because why would they take those rooms from the hotel? I am going to call again and talk with someone else. The lady seems abit confused to be honest.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

My boss said it's ok for me to have an extra day off. That means I can be there on saturday as well instead of just Friday. As for Sunday, I'm not sure what's going on as of yet. I'll use that day to drive back home if nothing else is going on.

I'll be staying with Scott.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:My boss said it's ok for me to have an extra day off. That means I can be there on saturday as well instead of just Friday. As for Sunday, I'm not sure what's going on as of yet. I'll use that day to drive back home if nothing else is going on.

I'll be staying with Scott.
Well I am glad to see ya around Fig. I haven't heard from ya in a good while. Plan on being harassed with a pelting of duckies once I see ya :eviljester: lol

Btw folks how old is everyone that is coming?
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

19 here, which may or may not limit the sort of festivities I can partake in.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.