Mood: RAR!

OtakuMex

Post by Kaebora »

Otaku Mex Anime Con
Sept 5-7
Albuquerque, New Mexico

http://otakumex.com/

I will be there. Anyone else? :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: OtakuMex

Post by Kaebora »

Well, I attended it. Dispite it being the first anime convention in Albuquerque, it had a sizeable attendance. Probobly about 250-300 people. There were some decent costumes, and I even wore my old Kaebora uniform just for fun. (The pants were a bit tight, indicating I need to work out more.) There was still a lack of events in comparision to A-Kon, but was definately worth a day and a half. I still went all three days though.

There were only two people there that I recognized. One of the vendors that was selling airsoft guns and swords happened to be the guy that co-owned an anime store I used to hang out at in high-school, so he filled me on on the happenings and we talked about the good ol days.

Kyle Hebert, a voice actor, is someone that my friend Shawn knows personally, so he at least recognized me vaguely. Though he was suprised as hell when I handed him my phone and Shawn was on the other end.
:lol:

I did help out a little with breaking down my friend's store. I also did what I could to help Kyle get his MST3K Anime Roast rolling (due to some scheduling issues the staff had). Very funny stuff ensued though.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora