Furry Fiesta!

General convention type stuff.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Furry Fiesta!

Post by PariahPoet »

Feb 20-22 at the Crowne Plaza in Addisson, TX(Dallas suburb).

I am going to be there, anyone else headed that way?
Baphnedia

Re: Furry Fiesta!

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm afraid I won't be back in TX for quite awhile...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm considering it, but it depends. So it's a resounding "maybe".
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Huh... Addison isn't too far. Maybe. It might actually be doable.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm going to this. It's final. I have a room reserved and cash in the bank saved. Just have to get my car checked over for any problems, and I'm good to go. This convention will present itself as a first impression of furry conventions for me, and if it goes well, I may do it again in the future.

Anyone that is 100% sure they are going, let me know, and we can exchange contact info.
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Now I'm not sure if I am. I want to, but I absolutely cannot find work. :( I've been looking for a job for nearly a year. -_-
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Find a job that suits you and likable. Going to Furry Fiesta alone can be alright, but it's best with Furries, Non-Furries (Who loves Furries), and Furry fans.

It's too far and no one in my freaking town knows what a Furry is. Also, those who know what Furries are, they don't care about them and just not into that kind of thing and that pisses me off!! :x

My mom has no idea what a Furry is and I won't bother telling her. I will keep my Anthro Animal and Furry interests to myself.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm the same way. I don't really keep it a secret that I am therian and furry. I just don't go out of my way to tell people. My closest friends know about my interests and even though they're not furry, they're supportive. I even got my mate and my best friend to come with me to a furmeet I gathered in my town! :D

As for my family- they know I like making costumes, I've shown them some of my anthro art, and they've known since I was a little kid that I love animals. Therefore they know all my interests, they just don't have a label to put on it.

Sitting down and explaining that you are a furry and what a furry is makes people assume it's something weird. It gives off the same vibe as if you're coming out of the closet. (No offense intended to my gay friends, just saying that there's a good chance of getting a negative reaction both ways.)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Well, I'm off to the con tomorrow morning. It's going to be a 10 hour drive. Laterz. I'll let yall know how it turns out.
-Kaebora
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Sorry can't come I have to do chores, practice on my sparring swords, and practice on my drawing skills. plus I'm a californian, so thats another reason im saying that i can't come.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm back! OMG it was a blast! I'm told that compared to most other furry conventions this one was very laid back and low on attendance, but it was still one of the best conventions I've attended. Because of the lack of events to participate in the con goers did a lot of socializing, and even invented their own events. I even brought a movie (Appleseed) to the front lobby and played it on my laptop. Even Nexxus stopped by to take a look (he's a big name in the furry fandom).

For my first furry convention, it gave me a mixed impression of the fandom. Some good some bad, but mostly good. Possibly the friendliest crowd to be in.

I will have pictures uploaded soon enough.
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Just some extra tidbits for yall. This event broke the record for the largest attendee numbers of any first year furry/anime convention. Over 650 paying attendees, and 92 of them were costumers. This means that nearly one out of ever six people was in a costume of some sort.

Not all costumes were furry in nature. There was a SoCom soldier, an Engineer from Team Fortress, and my friend Garnac was playing as the "G Man" from Half-Life. I did get the chance to try on Lytiger's costume and walked around a bit, but by then the convention was winding down so I didn't turn many heads. Although I did get lifted off my feet by a guy that gave me an extreme hug, which was funny. Pritty much I had to earn some trust before I could handle someone else's suit, as they are expensive to create, and even more expensive to commission.

Two people recognized my Pack necklace!! The first one was a former member. He followed me when he saw the necklace and caught up to me. We chatted breifly. The other person was an artist many of you know. Dark Natasha. She's been to our forum before apparently. I've seen her work posted up on these boards before too. I bought one of her prints, and posed for a picture with her. She does astonishing werewolf art.

I'll have pictures up today on a Fliker account when I get home from work.
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Sorry I missed it. Sounded like it was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see pictures.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

[Link Removed - PM me if you want the link.]

Here are the pics. Enjoy. ^.^
-Kaebora
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Cool stuff.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Pics Removed
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Does anyone find this to be a bit too weird? I'll explain further to squelch any raised eyebrows.

I've been in the fandom for over a year now, so there weren't many suprises for me. In a nutshell, a convention can vary on what kind of experiance it is. For most, its like walking into a building filled with cartoon characters who stay in character and are fun to interact with. At this event many were very touchy feely, loving to get hugs, and some even wanting to cuddle you when you ask for a picture. At the same time artists will draw you whatever you want for a minimal fee, which is also cool.

On the other hand, if you get more familiar with any particular suiter they may warm up to you and show you around without the suit on. For example, I was pulled into the 'headless lounge' a couple of times to have conversations with the suiters. The same can happen with artists as well. They can start to peel away the soft exterior of the fandom if you let them. At this point I discovered the slew of hotel room parties that were being held, though was only invited to one. In addition, there's layers of stories and experiances they have to tell of other members of the tightly knit community.

On the deepest level, I only got a small glimpse but didn't invade it much. There are suiters that love to play on sexual innuendos and to embarass their new friends if they know their comfortable with them. It's really just fun and games. Let me just say a couple of suiters managed to make me turn quite red with laughter and embarassment. In addition to this there indeed are some room parties that are adult in nature, and I only heard of a couple that were going on. I had no interest in this and could easilly ignore it. I'd imagine that most of the casual convention goers had no idea it was even happening, or at least remained oblivious as to who and where it was happening. The free love part of the fandom apparently is quite exclusive, thus easy to avoid. To be fair, anime conventions have just as much of that going on.

All in all, its a very friendly and sociable experiance. If you love to meet and interact with people and play around with their jokes, gimmicks and games, you'd love a furry convention.

FYI, yes. There are female characters that are actually guys, but its only for the sake of acting out their character. The preferred way to treat a person in suit is to treat them as if they are their character, so that melts away the awkwardness due to how extremely well they act out their part. If you're uncomfortable with the way any of them perform, and they are made aware of it, they can be quite respectful of your personal space.
-Kaebora
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Looks like you had fun, Kae. Lots of attention from the female furrys. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Looks like it was quite the blast.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm turning this convention into one of my annual excursions. Anyone interested in joining me next year? I've got a few connections in the fandom, and can get a few of you into some clean fun parties. This is an especially good convention to try if its your first furry convention because of its generally small attendance and laid-back atmosphere. It pushes people more into socializing and bonding than with the larger conventions where everyone sticks to their own group, which is a nice thing to see.
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Hopefully I can make it next year.
My bleeding luck that my temp assignment is terminated a couple weeks before TFF... -_-
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Well, there is a very good chance I'll be able to make it next year! So till then. :D
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Yep. I made it to FF this year at the last minute and had a blast! :D
Never thought I would have fun socializing.
Met some awesome artists, made some friends without ever speaking, and got compliments on my suit. What more could a kitty ask for? :3
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I live in Tennessee,and don't know of any conventions that go on in this state. It really is frustrating. Does anyone no of any going on around the Murfreesboro area,would you please let me know? :)
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Silver and I went to Furry fista this year.. Talked with Tigerwolf there, and many others, and really took in the sights. Silver's never experienced a furry convention, this one was only a mile from or so away. Very interesting, lots of fun .

AB