test subjects

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown
Mood: Disappointed

Re: test subjects

Post by Akuhyou »

I had made it to the stream and looked out of the bushes to Enir training. "Heh, maybe I ought to help him out eh? What do you guys think?" I looked to my friends for a moment and then set down the deer. "Here, you guys carry this for me, I'm gonna go see if he needs someone to train with." I hopped out of the bushes and brushed my fur off as I made my way over to where Enir was. "Hey dude! See you're training! Need a sparring partner?"

Ross, Rocca, Hoiler, and Ness followed soon after, carrying the deer between them. They placed it on the ground and came up to me, sitting around my feet. "Oh yeah, these are my 'cat' friends I mentioned earlier. Alright, guess I should introduce them eh? Well there's Ross, he's the big guy. Rocca, he may look kinda mean but he's harmless, a big kitten really. Hoiler, hehe, adorable little guy isn't he? He's the small one there. And of course, last but not least there's Ness. She's the oldest and can be pretty mean if she feels like it." They each looked up in turn as their names were called.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

I looked up from my practice and stopped. "Sure, and thank you for your offer of assistance, it's much appreciated." I bowed to each of the other cats as they were introduced.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

"Alright, so I saw ya over here throwing punches and the like. Hmm... Well, I figure that would work just fine against other wolves, but maybe if you could practice on your speed you could take him down easier. From what I last heard, Greyback's gotten on in years you know. Was years ago when I heard that though, couldn't say if he's still alive, or fighting just as well as he used to. But tell you what, try and hit me. I guarantee you you won't if what I saw earlier was your fastest. So, yes, come at me then. And you four, shoo shoo shoo. I don't want ya hurt."

I smile and step back a few paces as the four panthers moved away reluctantly, planning on keeping a set amount of distance between us. So I could see what you tried sending my way, and have enough time to dodge it or counter. I didn't have any set fighting style, but I knew how to defend myself. Too bad I didn't bring my staff with me, could kinda use it. "Oh, Ross! Go get my staff." The panther almost seemed to nod before he turned and shot off into the bushes on his errand.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Unsure, and slightly reluctant I put myself into my usual fighting stance. I then cautiously closed the distance between me and the panther. Once I thought I was close enough I tried to go for a leg sweep.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.

Post by Cain »

OOC: My birthday is in an hour!!!!!!! And my birthdate is in 8 1/2 hours^^ so citedd
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Post by ledrif »

OOC: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAIN!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAIN!!! :party: :party: :grinwiggle: :cake: :cake: hwlwnk
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Happy Birthday Cain!

I watched Enir coming towards me, his manner cautious. I couldn't help myself but to smile. "Oh come on then, I'm not gonna take your head off or anything." In his reluctance to attack, his attempt at a leg sweep was fairly apparent and I simply jumped to avoid it and hopped back a couple of steps. "Ah well, you seem so set to act defensive... Maybe I ought to be the one attacking you instead. See how well you can defend yourself, no?" At that moment, Ross came trotting towards us, dragging my staff along with him. I knelt down and took it, giving him a quick pet in thanks before turning back to you. "So? Which do you prefer? Attack or defend?" I twirled my staff expertly before laying it across my shoulder, waiting for your reply.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

As I expected my half-hearted sweep was dodged. After she got her staff, which I thought was slightly unfair, I told her, "Ill go defense and you can attack." I did not care to strike at someone that was willing to help me. I stepped back into a defensive stance and made it harder to hit me by facing the cougar sideways. "If I harm you, it is not intentional." I wasn't trying to say I was better or anything, it was more of a just in case thing.
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

"Okay then, attacking it is." I watched you take up your stance, thinking of how I'd start this off. You make something of an apology in advance, not wanting to hurt me. Warning me perhaps? I smile and shrug. "Meh, that's quite fine. We'll consider it a good thing if you do. Alright then..." I hopped from foot to foot, limbering up and I winced slightly as I put too much weight on my right leg but I hid it quickly.

I let out a slow exhale as I went to a partial crouch, my stare like that of a hunter who'd cornered his prey. I did this in an attempt to unnerve you before I attacked. I wasn't sure of what you were capable of, you had to have some sort of skill to have an entire pack depending on you to save them.

I tightened my grip on my staff, a grin spreading across my face before I suddenly sprang up and charged straight at you, not a hint of hesitance to be shown. I decided to start things off with left-handed swipe at your face, figuring that you'd move to the left to avoid and put yourself in position for my staff.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

I had to do some quick thinking to try and find a way around the staff, it gave her a much larger range for attack then what she may have had already. Right as I thought I had something she started to look at me as though I were some prey. I thought that was rather odd and it confused me a little but I didn't let it distract me. Just then she took a swipe at my head from my right side. I almost moved off to the side but noticed the staff was on that side so I ducked forward into her and did a second leg sweep once my roll stopped and then rolled away on my back to put some space between me and her.
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I knew he'd dodge my initial attack but I hadn't expected him to throw himself towards me in a roll. I struggled to catch myself but wasn't fast enough and got caught in a leg sweep. I fell to my side, my staff rolling away from me. I shook my head slightly, sitting up quickly enough, glad that I hadn't fallen on my right side. I look up at Enir and smile harmlessly. "Oh aye, looks like ya got me. Good one, though I was hoping I'd get ya. Shall we continue then?" I got to my feet and readied myself, leaving my staff where it was for now.

I was about to leap for you when I noticed my group of panthers were all looking back towards the forest, towards my home. I turn my back to Enir, my focus turned elsewhere, ears twitching. "What's up guys... Its not him again... Is it?" I caught the sound of breaking wood in the distance and I snapped out a less than endearing string of curses before suddenly calming. I rub one of my ears and sigh deeply as I go to pick up my staff. "Hey dude, I got some...stuff to take care of... We can continue this when get back. Probably..." I turned away, and took a deep breath before I ran into the forest, heading to my home that was currently in the process of being destroyed, Ross, Rocca, Hoiler, and Ness following close behind.

A few moments of frantic running found me and my 'pack' in the clearing that was, well had been my home. The platform that had been my living quarters had been pulled down and torn to pieces, my various personal items strewn about, the roof netting ripped apart. I grit my teeth and stifled a sob as I stepped forward few steps, in order to see around a bend in the trees, knowing full well what I was going to see. I heard it before I saw it, the sound of ripe fruits being smashed and deep set roots being ripped from the ground. I came round and looked up, my beautiful garden ruined. 'Years of hard work, blood, sweat, tears, final wishes and fervent promises; the home I once shared with... I once shared with... I...'

I winced and shook my head quickly, dismissing the memories as soon as they came. I looked to my garden once more, finding the assailant of my home. I growled deep in my chest, catching his attention before I roared out in rage. The intruder, a large werewolf, looked to me and grinned as he stood, leaving my remains of the tattered plants. This male, in this peaceful forest I called home, was the one and only bane of my existence. I couldn't tell you if he thought all this a game of some sort, or if he truly hated me, but today I'd had enough of his constant destructive actions. I had never one to needlessly kill, or even do so to protect myself but now...now all I wanted to do was rip his throat out. I knew nothing of him aside from his terrible strength and the fact that he was completely mad. He fought like one possessed, swinging and flailing wildly. It only ever took a couple of well placed blows to get rid of him, provided you could manage not to get hit in the process. I stalked forward a few feet, before I suddenly charged with a wild snarl, my four panthers rushing in alongside me.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Noticing her abrupt stop and dash into the woods I knew something was wrong, my gut instinct told me to go help and so I did. I shouted to the others what I was going to do and took off, following the scent left by the cats. Upon arriving I saw what was left of a structure and a wrecked garden. Just then I heard a snarl and looked around. Right As I went around the tree I saw the panther charging another werewolf.
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

OOC: Who wants a PLOOOOOOOOT TWIIIIIIIIST? =D *dumb-ish face*

I got slightly worried about Enir and didn't exitate to tell this to Kohaku "Hey do you think Enir Might need help?" I asked getting a little more worried every little sec he was our alfa and the only way to get a safe place to stay...
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Lol, sorry about that super long post dudes. Found myself in the mood for writing a long one, not to mention to make up for not replying for so long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my rage, I didn't stop to think of what I was going to do, how I was going to fight against this wolf. I came in close enough to attack and suddenly leaped at his face, intending to take his sight at the very least, if nothing else. To my surprise, this normally wild creature actually sidestepped me and was about to lash out at my unprotected back as I landed when Hoiler, the fastest of the four panthers sank his teeth into the back of the wolf's neck, the other three following suit and seeking their own areas to attack.

I got to my feet and turned back to see a mass of snarling black and brown fur. I gasped and called out to them to get away when suddenly the wolf had Hoiler by the neck and was strangling him as he pulled him off, despite the fact that he was injuring himself in the process. "NO! Hoiler! Let him go!" I lashed out at the wolf's unprotected face, punching him repeatedly in an effort to make him release Hoiler but to no avail.

The wolf growled out and swatted me away, well a swat to him was actually a full bodied blow to me. Or at least the fact that I wound up being thrown backwards head over heels a pretty good distance back towards where I originally came from and where Enir was. "Unh... D*** it..." I lifted myself up on my elbows once I'd managed to get my bearings back. I heard a rustle of leaves and looked up to see the wolf I was training with earlier. "Ah hey! What the heck are you doing here?!"
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.

Post by Cain »

"no, i think he needs something like this to prepare him. I need to rest." i spoke softly and curled up next to Ledrif.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"I thought you might need some help?" I said almost casually and then lept into the fray, kneeing the other wolf in the gut and dropping my elbow down on the back of his neck as the panthers latched onto his ankles and wrists. The sudden attack caused him to release the one he had in his jaws and confused him for a little. Before he could recover I took the chance to knee him in the side of the leg, dropping him to the ground and then locked his only free arm behind his back. I looked over at the girl who had been training with me and asked, "what should we do with him? Make him fix the place?"
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

"yeah maybe he needs that" I said curling near her "I shouldn't be worrying so much about everyone..." I closed my eyes and just rested a little there...
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I growled as I watched Enir take down the wolf I couldn't even save poor Hoiler from. I got to my feet, wincing as I held my side and limped over to where Hoiler was laying. "Do as you please with him. I could care less..."

I knelt next to Hoiler and looked him over, checking his injuries and soothing him. "Ah well... Lookit you eh? Whatever were you thinking running in there like that... I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself and you know it. Now you're hurt... Well, let's get you down to the stream and get these wounds cleaned up eh?"

I scooped him up in my arms and stood, turning to head towards my intended destination when the wolf roared out, obviously angered at your sudden appearence and the fact that you'd taken him down by surprise. He snatched his arm from Ness's mouth and rose to his knees on one hand, your attacks from earlier hadn't seemed to phase him. He roared out, surging upwards to his feet in a sudden burst of power, shaking himself free of you and the last two panthers. He grinned wildly and roared out again before turning to face me as Ross, Rocca and Ness gathered around me.

"Alright... Hey you guys, you can't stay here. He'll kill you. Just take Hoiler and get out of here." I knelt and lay him down on the ground and before they could make some sort of protest, I cut them off. "I don't want to hear it! Just get out of here!" They flinched back at my tone but helped Hoiler to his paws and took him away with them. "I'm sorry guys... I've already lost enough, I can't lose you too.. " I looked over to Enir and called out. "Oy dude! You claim you want to help, why don't you play with this guy until I get back?" I wave coyly and turn away, running as best I could with my leg paining me, back to the stream where I'd forgotten my staff.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

The other wolf went to chase her but I chucked a board at him, "Hey, dont turn your back on me, show some respect." The wolf turned and grinned and turned but did not speak. I took a closer look and noticed that he hadn't groomed in ages, his fur was matted and tangled, and there was a bit of foam building at the corners of his mouth. I realized that he was diseased and not capable of thinking correctly...if at all.

Quickly I looked around for something to use as a spike or poll. But I did not find anything, I crouched down waiting for him to charge. He started to circle around me as I stayed put, then right as he jumped from my side I lept up in the air and kicked down, propelling him into the ground, but he just rolled over and lunged again right as I landed.

He caught me mid chest and knocked me over, then lept on me. I put my forearm up to keep him from biting my throat and then kneed him in the groin, then used my leg to flip him over me. I rolled over and prepared for another attack.
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

After a few moments of running, mildly painful running, I was relieved to find that the search for my staff wouldn't take very long. I picked it up and inspected it for a few seconds as I made my way back into the woods as though I was searching for something. I smiled as I picked at a suspicious strip of wood and pulled it off, revealing a thin blade set into a mechanism that would allow it to flip out when swung. Say I were to twirl this staff, then the hidden blade would flip out and it would no longer be a staff but a spear.

I did so, giving the staff an expert twirl, changing it to a spear as I ran back to Enir. I found them still fighting of course and yet, rather than rushing in, I decided to take this time to actually look at this 'rogue' wolf. I sighed deeply, wrinkling my nose in faint disgust and pity. "Heh, no wonder talking did much of nothing... There's naught left of his mind. And to think he managed to stay alive after all these years, and not once did I ever think there could've been something wrong with him. Ah well, I suppose there's naught else for it but to end all this..."

I shouldered my spear, keeping the blade hidden from sight. I cleared my throat, catching the wolf's attention and I waved. "Oh well hey there crazy guy... Yah, you hurt my leg back there you know. Not really too fond o'that..." I sighed as he tilted his head to the side, listening to my voice and having lost interest in Enir. I couldn't tell if the poor thing was fostering some kind of fondness for me or what, what with the many 'visits' he payed me.

I raised my free arm and lifted my head slightly, exposing my throat. "Right then. I'm right here, come at me then!"
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Seeing that the werewolf was distracted, I did what I had been regretting to have to do. I lunged forward as quick as I could and sank my teeth deep into his throat, then pulling as hard as I could. Slowly the flesh began to tear and the wild and frenzied scratching and pushing only made the tears become larger. After a few moments that seamed to stretch an eternity, he had finally drowned in his own blood. Several minutes then passed as I took in all that had happened, and it wasn't until the werepanther came over that I realized that my opponent was dead and there was no need to still be latched onto his throat. Suddenly exhausted I released my jaws and rolled over. I took one look at the werepanther and then blacked out. There were some sizable patches of fur missing and lots of claw marks but nothing fatal.
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I took a step forward, words of protest at the tip of my tongue but I couldn't bring myself to speak them. I simply stood and watched, feeling sicker every second at the sight of all that blood before I finally lowered my gaze to the ground, suddenly no longer wanting anything to do with this. Call me squeamish if you will but I'd never been a fan of the stuff.

I chanced a glance towards you two and started in surprise, he was watching me. He was dying and yet he could find the strength to offer his last moments to me when struggling against you finally proved useless. He weakly raised a hand towards me, and I could have sworn he was trying to speak but for all the blood he simply could have just been struggling for breath. I felt as though I was watching this happen for hours but as all things do, it ended and he finally went limp.

I seemed lost in thought, staring at nothing in particular until the thud of a body falling to the ground snapped me from my stupor. I blinked several times and shook my head, looking down at the two of you. One dead, the other unconscious. I ran over and knelt next to the dead wolf's body, an old, long forgotten and sketchy memory suddenly coming to me. "Please let it not be... Why did you seek after me so? I didn't know you-" I touched his neck slightly, searching for something and praying I didn't find it. The fur was so thick and matted, it seemed that even if something were here, it would never be found but I kept at it until I felt something close to his neck. I held my spear blade tightly, to the point of injuring myself as I carefully cut away at the fur and eventually revealed an old rusted trinket of some sort, the metal chain of which had been eventually grown over through the years. I fiddled with the trinket, struggling to open it. "Don't be... Don't be... Please please please... I...no. No."

'No... Not you. Not like this. I... Why?'
'You... I knew you, didn't I? My brother, you were my brother...'

I had managed to open the trinket, revealed to be a locket of sorts. Inside it was a small aged photo of two human children, an older boy and a young girl with an uncannily similar grin to my own and the same mischief in her eyes. The boy was smiling, an arm wrapped about the girl's shoulders and a protective air about him. The names Terios and Cirrus lightly etched into the opposite side. "You were never trying to hurt me.. You needed my help and all I ever did was chase you away. And now I've killed you."

I looked over to where Enir lay unconscious and simply held the trinket tighter, this unfortunate turn of events had me at a loss for what to do. And quite possibly for the first time in this patchy, incomplete life of mine, I found myself afraid.

But for now, I would simply wait. As I've always done.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

I woke late in the evening with the sun beginning to set and a cool breeze blowing through the small opening. I was stiff all over and worn out but I was able to eventually stand up. The werepanther was sitting by the body of the wolf with something in her hands and a look on her face like no one was home. I walked over to her and placed both paws on her shoulders and said, "We should probably get back to the others, the wolfs body will draw in other creatures and I dont really feel like having another fight so soon."
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I jumped slightly and quickly looked up, noticing Enir before me. He was saying something but my mind was more or less caught up in other things and I didn't quite catch the words immediately. But after a moment I shook my head quickly, coming back to reality. "L..Leave? But..." I looked down at the locket briefly before closing my hand around it tightly and getting to my feet. My ears lowered slightly as I turned away, unable to bring myself to look at the body laying next to me. I would have liked to have had him buried, but I saw no point in it considering by the next afternoon he'd have simply been dug up and eaten. I wanted no more to do with this and the scent of so much blood was sickening to say the least. "I'm gonna go see what's left of my things. Let nature do with him as it does all others..." I walked away, grabbing my staff and hinding away the blade as I headed back to the remains of my home.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

I was unsure why she was so sad but I had a hunch it had something to do with the wolf that had just been killed. I wasn't sure how to approach the subject so I decided I was going to give her some time and wait a few yards off. I moved out of the clearing and into the woods slightly so I wasn't as noticeable to her, thus hopeing to give her the feeling that she had space. I sat down at the base of a tree to inspect some of the scratches and chunks missing from various places of my body when I heard a grunting noise followed by some loud sniffing.

My mind went blank with fear and my eyes were wide open, it was the worst thing that could have happened after that fight, a grizzly bear. My senses went wild, my pulse raced and I tried to figure out were the bear was but before I could it came out of a bush right to my left and charged me. I threw myself up and took off through the woods, unsure of were I was going. But I tripped and fell, and the next thing I knew, the bear was on top of me and trying to maul me.