The Anthro Heros

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Re: The Anthro Heros

Post by Miguel »

Kedan analyzed his options for a moment and then sighed. Resting would most likely be the better option. He was still a bit excited from the day's earlier events; once he was a bit more calm, he would tour the facility. Besides, Sigma would be furious when he didn't return; no doubt they would be searching for him around the city. Staying hidden for the night would definitely be the better option.

"I think I'll rest for a while, Eclipse. Tomorrow is going to be pretty busy, I'm guessing," Kedan spoke, pausing for a few seconds. "Look, I really appreciate everything you have done for me. It's more that I would have ever expected. Eventually, I will repay you. I just need some time..."

Kedan nodded, respectfully, and then made his way through the door, into the hallway that his sleeping quarters resided along. Really, he wasn't sure if Eclipse trusted him. Usually whenever someone did something for him, it was for the sake of his mission, never out of friendliness. If Eclipse really was trying to help him, it was the first time anyone ever had.

Slowly, he made his way towards the left-most door, entered the code into the keypad, and then entered his new room. The room was small, but better than anything Sigma Corporation had ever given him. The new room even had furniture, which was something that Sigma had viewed as more of a nuisance than an improvement. The room still smelled of dust from the previously stored equipment, but Kedan would quickly become used to it.

He made his way towards the bed and collapsed onto its mattress. Even the bed was better than the one Sigma had given him, much softer at least. His head turned so that he could see the mirror, and his reflection. He was a different person now, as if the old Kedan had left with Sigma's equipment. The uniform looked strange to him, almost unfitting, but he knew he couldn't let it bother him. This was the new him. Maybe once Eclipse built a new eyepiece, it wouldn't seem so strange anymore. Maybe it was just the sight of his blind eye that made him feel the way he did.

Dismissing the thought, Kedan turned away from the mirror and closed his eyes.

Dream:

"Alpha-6, look at me," a distant voice echoed.

Kedan opened his eyes, watching as a familiar scene unfolded before him. It was Sigma Tower's armory, the place where he had spent most of his time in his younger years. A tall, black haired human man stood in front of him holding a gun. The man's eyes burned with anger.

"Alpha-6, you will speak to me," the man spoke, pulling a baton from his belt.
"Don't think he wants to cooperate, Charlie," another man, sitting behind a caged window, spoke.
"He will."

Kedan looked towards the ground, and felt as something struck the side of his head. His ears twitched wildly as a strange ringing filled them. Then there was another painful impact, this time on his muzzle. The inside of his mouth was filling with blood. The taste was making him feel sick. Then another blow slammed into his head, close to his left ear. The world seemed to ring even louder.

"Alpha-6, your stubbornness is getting you nowhere. You are the best, and I will make you realize you are the best. Do you hear me, you pathetic, stupid animal."

Another painful blow slammed into Kedan's body, this time into his chest, knocking him to the ground. He could feel tears building in his eyes. The figure chained to the wall had become blurred. He refused to harm it. Then again he was struck, this time in his right paw. He cried out in pain.

"What's wrong, Alpha-6? Does it hurt? Well so does getting shot. Do you really want to get shot? If that thing has a gun, do you want it to shoot you?!" the black haired human again spoke, wiping some blood from his baton. "Kill it! It is your enemy! It will shoot you!"

Kedan began crawling towards the chained figure, feeling tears drip from his eyes. It struggled to break free, to get away from him. As he got closer, the figure became clearer; it was another Anthro, a female wolf Anthro. Blood dripped from her mouth. She had to die. It was the only way Kedan could make the pain stop.

Once he reached her, he placed his hands around her neck. Her body was warm, full of life. He positioned his body so that her head was against his. Her light blue eyes glowed, it seemed.

"P-Please..."she spoke, allowing some blood to seep onto his uniform. "I'm afraid to die."
Kedan closed his eyes. "I'm sorry..."

There was a snapping sound, and then her body fell limp against his. Kedan didn't move.

"Excellent work, Alpha-6! Bravo!" the black haired man spoke.

The world went black...

End of Dream...

Kedan opened his eyes and leaned up, feeling his heart throbbing within his chest. He seated himself on his bed's edge and lowered his head into his hands.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

Post by DWDruid »

After Kedan dissmissed himself to his new quarters, I wanted to go straight back to work on the Project. But since I promised that I'd make Kedan a new head set I had to get right on it. After gathering all my tools around he with my ablity, even taking his old set to make messurements, I began to work.

20 minutes later the I completed the completely refurbished KSE-10 headset. Totally one of a kind, while it was based off of the outdated Sigma model I gave it a sleeker and smaller design that would be more comfortable to wear. I even used a new metal I developed, a titanium infused alloy that was half as light as steel but five times as durable. I added better quality to the eyepiece to work well in both lightened and darkened areas. I even installed different avaliable veiws suach as night-vision and a heat sensor. The battery I outfitted was able to charge from multiple sources like light, chemical, and electrical. Making it removable gave him the option of charging it while he wasn't wearing the set. That finished I set it down on the work table for him to pick up in the morning. Afterwards I took the box full of Kedan's old Sigma gear and placed it outside with instructions for one of my assistants to return it to Sigma. All prior responsiblities taken care of, I settle back down on my computer to focus my attention on the Project.

After another half hour of entering endless data into the computers simulated program, my subconscious began to wander out from my mind. It was a practice I did sometimes when doing remedial work, it allowed me to find and learn from any broadcasting brain waves. Suddenly I caught the phrase, " ...want it to shoot you?! Kill it! It is your enemy! It will shoot you!" The words we accompanyed by a distasteful stench of anger and disapointment, followed by pain and helplessness. I got up, trying to locate the source of these horrible thoughts. They all easily pointed back to Kedan's room, he must be dreaming as thoughts can slip out of the susconscious while in deep sleep. Aganist my better judgement, I kept listening. I new smaller voice enetred my thoughts, "P-Please. I'm afraid to die." it was weak and pathetic, but then to my surprise Kedan's voice answered back just as defeated as that of the female, "I'm sorry..." and within my mind, I heard a single 'snap!' and the cold emptiness I could only imagine was death. Again, the first voice spoke, "Excellent work, Alpha-6! Bravo!" and then I felt nothing. Kedan must have just waken up. What did he do in the past? I could feel great remorse, could someone have forced him to comit this sin? Was it Sigma, or someone else? The Chief would definatly need to hear about this, but right now my Project required my full and undivided attention for the moment.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Kedan tried returning to sleep numerous times, but found it difficult to even close his eyes. The nightmares relating to his past tended to do that to him, brought too much to his mind. Even on days where everything seemed to be perfect, the memories would explode in the form of nightmares. Only on rare occasion would the dreams ever be good, and usually when they were, they were relating to Vera.

Slowly, Kedan stood up and made his way towards the room's door. He knew that returning to sleep would be impossible for a while; back at Sigma, he always wandered the halls until his mind cleared, at long as there weren't any guards present. Silently, he opened the door and exited into the hallway, trying to avoid waking Eclipse.

He moved down the hall with a daze-like expression, thinking even deeper into his past. His thoughts were mainly focused around Vera, about where she could be. The female in the dream reminded him of her, and in a way it scared him. Even though it was his past that the dream had played out, he feared that it related to Vera in some way or form. Was she in trouble? No, she was smart. She would never get herself into a situation she couldn't escape.

Then he thought about the black haired man, the one from the dream. He hated him. For years that man had taught him how to fight, how to kill, and for years had punished him in every brutal way possible. So many times had Kedan killed other Anthros because of that man, to make the punishment stop. Alpha-6 was always what he went by when around that man, never Kedan.

Eventually, Kedan reached the door at the hallway's end, exited the daze-like state, and opened the door as quietly as possible. The lab on the other side seemed so otherworldly to him, perhaps because he had just awoken. Then something caused him to freeze in place. Eclipse? He was still awake, still working it seemed. Kedan sighed and opened the door fully.

"Guess I'm not as tired as I thought," Kedan spoke, chuckling in a semi-nervous manner. "Mind if I walk around a bit?"
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I looked over at Kedan as he entered th room. I decided to not mention what I heard in his dream yet, I wanted to know more about him before bringing it up. To his statement I replied, "That's okay. I've finished your new headset. You can pick it up from the table over there along with your CDI ID Badge. It will allow you to enter most areas in the building besides the most restricted sections. Give me a call if you get into any trouble." As he left, I once again returned to my Project.
"Wolf Wars"
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Kedan retrieved the headset and ID card from the table and swiftly made his way out of the room, into the hallway leading towards the elevator. Based on the hallway's lighting, the building was in a pretty quiet state, probably in the heart of its overnight operations. At Sigma, lights were always dimmed during late night hours, probably to conserve energy; it was likely that CDI did the same. He stopped in front of the elevator's call button and pressed it a few times. There was a distant hum as the elevator began descending.

The metallic hum stopped and the doors opened, allowing an almost blinding light to brighten the hallway. The elevator had arrived, and it was probably the most lit object in the building. Hesitantly, Kedan stepped into it, pressed the second lowest button on the control panel, and watched the doors close. The lights dimmed and the car began ascending, slowly. Excitedly, Kedan lifted his new headset onto his head, watching as an image once again replaced the darkness that was seen by his blind eye. The new image was almost completely ridden of static; the world hadn't been so clear since he was a pup. Eclipse hadn't been lying about making a better eyepiece. The elevator stopped and the doors opened, revealing the very familiar, but much more desolate CDI lobby.

Quietly, Kedan stepped out of the elevator and made his way towards the lobby's lounge area. A couple of guards were chatting beside one of the chairs. Both of them looked towards him.

"Hey, Delzeski, look who it is," the taller guard spoke.
"Ain't that the blind Anthro from earlier today?" the shorter, less amused guard replied.
Kedan instantly recognized the two. They were the guards that had been protecting the elevator. He spoke, "You guys mind directing me somewhere?"
"You? I thought you worked for those Sigma folks," the less amused guard responded.
"I work for your people now."
"Do ya?" the taller man chuckled. "That's a weird 'un alright!"
"Shouldn't you be sleeping, blind wolf?" the shorter guard continued.
"I can't," Kedan grunted.
"Why? You miss your suite back at Sigma Tower?!"
"No. I just want to walk around a bit. Are you guys going to help me or not?"
The two guards looked at one another and nodded, both speaking, "Fine!"
"Is there a computer area around here? You know, like a computer lab?" Kedan questioned.
"Sure is. At the end of that hall over there," the taller guard spoke, pointing towards a dimly lit corridor.
"Thanks," Kedan nodded in a friendly manner and began walking towards the corridor.
"I got my eye on you, blind wolf. One wrong move, I won't hesitate to shoot you!" the shorter guard yelled.

Kedan moved down the corridor and entered the computer room quietly, not wanting to attract any more attention. He seated himself at one of the computers and opened CDI's intelligence database. This was the moment he had been waiting for. Carefully, he began typing into the search bar: Vera Turaya. Photos began flickering on the screen, popping up and then disappearing. A small number flashed uncontrollably, and then stopped. Another photo appeared, but this time remained on the screen. A white furred wolf hybrid female with silver eyes. Tribal paint-markings covered her arms and her muzzle. Scars ran down the side of her right leg, onto her paw.

Reluctantly, Kedan read the words that were organized across the screen, below the photo. He could feel tears building in his eyes. This was the female he had once loved. She had changed so much. Now she was part of a group known as 'Children of Luna', as some sort of fanatic leader. She wasn't even sane anymore.

Kedan closed the database and left the room, silently, in a sort of daze. Now he knew the truth...
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I banged the table in disgust and frustration. Yet another one of my tests has failed to produce positive results. All my math added up and the science was perfect, so why couldn't I make heads or tails of this problem!? After I calmed down, laid my head down on my desk. Dang I was tired! Before drifting off to unconciousness, I began thinking of the event that fist sparked the Project...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5 Months Earlier------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe I was cramped in the back of a van with troop of CDI trained agents. I thought being promoted years ago would get off the field, but the Chief claimed that I was too talented to "waste my life down in a dark lonely lab". Little did he know that I prefered it that way. But I had to admit this was a very important mission. It seems a mysterious semi-truck is under attack from a troop of Adromeda's Angels. But what really got the CDI's atention was that the assult was being led by one of the Shadow's generals. Everyone knew about the 5 generals of Andromeda's Angels, five almost completely unknown figures with devestating powers who inspire bloodlust in their allies and fear in their enemies. The most commonly seen was Omega, an enormous rhino anthro with level 5 super strength and is typically equiped with shockwave gauntlets. He plays the brute force behind the Shadow. Fang had only been recently indentified, which are extrodinary with his level 4 inviiblity. Whenever there has been an assasination with no suspects, it is believed to be the work of him. With Flint, I've had the misfortune to have met with person. The demoliation expert of the Angels, the level 4 earth elemental had put up I fight that destroyed an entire warehouse before I could subdue him. But on his way to court, the transport he was in was attacked and he escaped. Pyre and Vixen are the Shadow's left and right hand man and woman, but nothing else is curently known about them. As we neared the site, I wondered which one was at the site, and if I was powerful enough to stop them.

Suddenly the van screetched to a halt and the doors bursted open, releasing Hell. Instantly my soliders release fire on the red and black uniformed Angels while they fired at us. I also noticed anthros clade in white and red suits shooting at the ANgels, so they must have been protecting the attacked truck, but I was too focused on the battle to give it much thought. Using my powers to the max, I covered an industructable wall of telekinetic force, letting our bullets going through but protecting us from all harm. After about five minutes of the Angel's troops getting mowed down by our onslaught, with me breakoing a neck everynow and again with a motion of my hand, the Angels decided to take their chances and began to drop their weapons and were either falling to the ground to surrender or trying to flee. Calling back my wall I shouted to the squadren leader, "Take them all in for questioning, don't let any of them escape!"

"Yes si-" I turned to find him bleeding heavily from a large wound on his neck that came from nowhere. As I watched him fal, another two troops felld dead from the same inguries. What intriged me was that it was from knife wounds, not gun shots. Spreading out my mind, I located a fleeing conscious in a nearby alley. I knew that this was the general, and I had a pretty good idea of who it was. Rushing off into the ally, I found nothing but the fading sound of footsteps but that's what I thought I would find. Without any hestitation, I grabbed two large dumpsters and flung them at the other end of the alley, blocking off all exit. The footsteps skided to a stop and I scratching voice echoed from the darkness.

So you're the CDI attack dog, 'Eclipse'." From the shadows appeared a short man with long greasy, black hair framing a cruel face with a cross shaped scar on his left check. But the feature that caught my eyes were the large blades that seemed to be fused into the outer edge of his arms. Remaining calm, I pulled out a file from my cloak and read.

"Name- Micheal Corwen (he hissed at mention of his real name), Code Name- Fang, Age- 35, Known Powers- level 4 Invisiblity, Weapons- attached arm blades, Crimes- assault, attacking law enforcement officers, and murder, Additional Info- Top Assasin and General of the Andromeda's Angels, 5th of the CDI's most wanted, possiblty criminaly insane." putting the file away I faced him again and continued, "You are under arrest, shall I read you your rights?"

He simply looked at me and gave choking laugh before bring forth his blades. "Just keep taking little boy, long enough for me to cut out your throat."
"So you would choose death over a lifetime in a containment cell."
"If you could even get a cell that could hold me."
"Once your in a smal box, not even invisiblity will help you hide from justice."
Our assault of this truck might have been a failure, but the Shadow will see your death as enough of a sucess to overlook that!" ANd with those word, he lunged himself at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Present Day----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was knocked out of my dream of the past by someone entering the lab and slamming the door behind them. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I sensed who it was and mumbled, "Oh, it's you again."
"Wolf Wars"
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Slowly, Kedan made his way back into the lab, still thinking about what he had seen on the computer. From what he could see, the lab was mostly quiet besides the occasional hum of the machines. Eclipse must have gone to sleep. It was better that way. Kedan didn't want anyone to see him like he was, so weak. During his entire trip back to the lab, he had been crying, an action that Sigma had refused to ever let him carry out; it made him vulnerable, they said. The slightest sign of his weakness would cause them to punish him. It probably worked the same way in CDI; the people here were soldiers, trained defenders.

Quickly, Kedan closed the door, causing it to slam. His chances of remaining undetected were likely impossible now. He made his way to a nearby table and seated himself on its chair. His mind burned with rage. Why hadn't Eclipse told him about her? Was that why they recruited him? Was he a prime source of intelligence? No. Eclipse probably didn't even know who she was. Vera hadn't been the social type. Now, though, it made perfect sense. That's why she disliked the CDI soldiers that night. She was beginning to lose her mind, and he hadn't even known.

Kedan wiped the tears from his eyes and lowered his head into his hands, trying to clear his mind. Then someone spoke from nearby. It was Eclipse. Apparently, he hadn't even left the lab. Kedan looked up, hesitantly. Hopefully the darkness of the lab would provide him with some cover.

"Yeah, I'm back," Kedan spoke, weakly, sighing. "You remember that female I was telling you about, the one named Vera? Well, I looked her up. CDI's been watching her, I guess. Apparently, she's lost it."

Kedan stood up and moved towards one of the lab's machines.

"It's just weird, you know?! All these years I've been thinking about her, and, well, now she's so different. Now she's in a cult, I think, leads it. It's just hard to accept. Maybe if she was in Andromeda's Angels or something, it would be okay, but she's completely lost it. I just...never thought it would come to this."

Kedan stepped into the light.

"Now, though, I know. It won't get in the way of my mission, I promise."