Once upon a time...

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Once upon a time...

Post by wolfward »

OOC: Hey guys! :D
Good to have you interested in this role play. Hopefully, through some perseverance (and some allowance from our parents), we should be able to get this one going.
Now, if you know me, I don't really have any strict rules for games, although there are a few which I would like to mention:
1. When you do an action that effects another character, you must leave your action open, and not decide what the other character does.
e.g , NOT "Lunging for you with claws outstretched, I tear your throat out. I saw the blood rush out, as if trying to escape the body from whence it came."
But something that would be acceptable would be something like: "After lunging for you with claws outstretched I aim for the throat, with the hope to kill him instantly."
The ACCEPTION to the above rule, is when you interact with a character, without changing his/her vital state in any way. e.g "I pounce on you with feral sense, pinning you to the earth beneath."
Every one clear wit that one? Right.
2. The game master(Not necessarily a board game master, please take the difference into account) has complete control over the plot that effects any other characters. You can involve some plot for your own character, but it must not clash with anything the game master has already set down, plot wise. Anything that changes any aspect dramatically, will be ignored or changed by the game master, and hopefully they will comment on this on their next post.
3. Options. Always give other characters you interact wit OPTIONS. I know this is a basic rule of role playing, but for those of you who've forgotten, or even those of you new to this kind of thing, please don't take over and decide what everyone else does. It's really quite rude.
4. As long as I am somewhat in charge, a bio is not a necessity. Those of who who know me know this, but just to let everyone know. If you haven't tried this before, you actually might want to give it a go. It leaves much more room for character development and gives a sense of knowing the real person, as you get to know the character, instead of having to refer back the a bio all the time. Please, unless you feel like you absolutely must, just leave your characters background open. It really does make it feel like we're meeting your character for the first time.

Okay, thank you for reading that. If there are any other questions, please message me. I know you're busy, but you really will appreciate any explanations.

Now to business...
I had an idea for a plot that needs a bit of explanation. This story will only involve werewolf/therians, and humans, feel free to be either one.
I am a human bounty hunter working for an organisation of some kind (will reveal later). Anyone else joining can chose to be one of the werewolves(Or any other were creature, any animal will do really) I am hunting, or another member of my team hunting them down. I recommend that the werewolves are all one clan and work together, but have only been a pack maybe a few days, as you've all had to escape and join up quite suddenly. As far as humans go, I would prefer to remain the only one(For now), but if you really have to you can also be one. we just need at least a wolf to human ratio of 2:1.
LIMIT OF 5 Players for the time being, but if no one is here anyway, then it doesn't really matter. Just post at least once a week, or give word that you'll be missing beforehand to still be counted as 'active'.

Sorry for springing so much on you at once, but thanks for bearing with me. Feel free to join in whenever you feel ready. Love you all. hwlwnk

The phone rang. Picking it up I see that it is already 7 o'clock. "That'll annoy Melissa again" I groan in my head. I hated making her mad, but she had to understand my line of work. Little did I know much worse news was yet to come. A voice sounding old and rough monotonously spoke before I could say 'hello'. "Code 117. Password FUR TRAP. Briefing in glove box."
And that was it.
Who could have guessed that this would come up now, of any day? But it meant we were close, and if they were desperate enough to activate me, well, I couldn't imagine how bad the situation must had gotten.
The letter explained everything, even the parts I hadn't know yet. Apparently they'd found out more in the last 7 months then I'd found in 4 years. But hey, what a 21 year old meant to do with his youth anyway? Drink? Sleep around? Get to the top 100 on Halo Reach? Nah, I had better things to do. Like kill monsters.

The long drive had been weary, but now that I'd found the area the coordinates had given I felt like howling to the moon. In a few hours I would have found them and my paycheck of a lifetime would have been in the mail. I loved the outdoors. Why did I always confine myself to a dusty, old office? Grabbing the bag with my gear I head into the blanket of trees, which whistled somewhat eerily as I entered, almost as if to say: "Turn back. The beasts are only lost animals." I snigger at the thought and move in deeper into the woods to start the journey that changed not only my life, but all of ways we think of animals as we know it.
Last edited by wolfward on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.
Mood: Disappointed

Re: Once upon a time...

Post by Cain »

I growled and pulled yet another splinter out of my paw. I may be a feline and very well balanced, but I was born and raised in the city. My mother told me that I was safer in the forest, the human's government were now against us or something. I was too pissed about leaving my home, all the education I endured to become a paramedic. I even fell in love.... but no. I must be protected. I'm not weak! I slammed my fist into the ground and tears streamed down my face.I did so much work, for NOTHING!

I stumbled up onto all fours and ran. My grey and spotted fur was coated in mud from sleeping out in the rain on my own the night before. My bright emerald eyes blurred from my tears, I didn't nor couldn't see anything as I weaved through the mixture of trees, brush and small cliffs.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

I ran slightly behind the other; we'd only met recently, and hadn't had much time to acquaint ourselves, but we both knew that it was survival that was important right now. We were both being hunted, and that was all the common ground we needed.

Time sure changed things. One second you were living a near-normal lifestyle, minding your own business, and the next you were forced to run, fleeing for your life with a stranger who was running for the exact same reason. We knew little about our actual hunter, apart from that they were human, and that we could probably outrun them so long as they were on foot. I stopped momentarily to smell the air; and it wasn't pleasant. He was on to us, and close. I returned to my rapid run, eager to be away from here, safe, accepted, able to live life without prejudice...

We were running near-blind. Neither of us had a clue of where we were going, and we were letting our instincts take us as they would. If any traps were set up, we'd almost certainly find ourselves right in the middle of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

With the two creatures running so fast stealth had obviously been forgotten. I lay down a claymore, checking to make sure the laser sight was working properly, and lay in wait. How blind must they have been, how senseless these creature to run head on into me. As they approach I have a bare moment to align my rifle against their blurred figure.
BANG!

by Me
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.

Post by Cain »

I fly back in shock as something hits me out of my emotional state. And then the pain. My body forcefully reverted back to human form as my scrram pierced the sky. A girl in her late teens lay covered in blood on the forest floor. Short black hair, bright emerald eyes, pale skin and dark red blood staining her body as she tried to look up at her attacker woth wide eyes.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

As the other one stood, frozen, I could only stand in shock of what had just happened. The female had turned before she'd died. That never happened. They never did that. They would stay in animal form til death.
No. I hadn't just shot a person, I'd shot an animal. A violent, out-of-control creature that didn't care. But as I approach, forgetting about the other other creature hovering feet from me, I stood over the girl for but a moment, before faling to my knees, still wondering how she was alive.
"No...." I mumble, but no one could have heard it over her screams. "No, it.....can't...."
I try and reach for my first-aid pouch with shaking hands, but fumble and let it fall to the floor.
The screams weren't just ringing through my ears, they were flying through my head, telling me I was a murderer.
"I wasn't, I couldn't......NO!" I shout, losing it all at once.
I grab the pressure pad and push down on the wound, trying to stop the blood from escaping. "I'M NOT A MURDERER! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIE! STOP BLEEDING!"
What the other one did I didn't care. I deserved to be made a mindless monster after this. Denial still shook my inner being and my detirmination for her survival grew yet stronger. "YOU'RE A PERSON AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE. LISTEN TO ME. YOU. ARE. GOING. TO. LIVE."

by Me
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I screamed and held my arm like a vice. I heard whoever shot me beg me to live.

"If you didn't want to kill me why put a freakin bullet in my arm???????????" gasping for air and to regain control, "Just get the damn bullet out of my arm!!!!"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

The forceful blast of the bullet's screech was enough to make me dart to the side. It hadn't hit me. Then came the scream. No, it hadn't hit me, it had hit the other. Not enough to kill them, but definitely enough to cause high amounts of pain. She shifted back, probably instinctively from the shock. The thing that surprised me most, was that our very hunter went to help, crying out "You're not going to die!" again and again. I stopped running, and looked back quizzically. This man...Had he had any idea what we were before now? No, he definitely had. Most people would freak out, and he'd planned out timing perfectly. He seemed to have no problem killing us as animals, but as soon as we were human, his morals kicked in.

The screaming continued, as the other quite bluntly stated just what needed to be done. Wasting no time I shifted back myself, and nonchalantly approached, pushing the hunter's pad away long enough to remove the bullet, before allowing him to put the pad back.
"Remove the bullet first before stopping the flow of blood!" I shouted.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

A growl ripped out of my throat when the other took the bullet out. I couldn't think, the adrenaline was wearing down and soon a black void consumed my exhausted mind.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

Eventually the bleeding stopped. But still the tension hung in the air. As soon as they shifted back, they would try and kill me again.
I issued a few instructions on basic first aid, nothing vital had been hit, before turning around, grabbing my gear and running off. Whether they would follow, or let me go was up to them, but the next we'd meet, they'd better not try to shift back again untill they both lay dead among the dark trees.

by Me
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I clung to the tree I was hiding in with one hand, silent and still as a statue when the first shot rang out and the screaming began. I was trying to control my excited breathing, there was a hunter nearby. Suddenly there were yells of 'You're not going to die!' and 'I'm not a murderer!'. Innately curious, I couldn't keep myself from leaning out to take a look. And boy was I not disappointed, the hunter was trying to help the girl he'd just shot?! What kind of backwards horror flick was I looking at here? A hunter was a hunter, there was no way he'd missed. This all had to be some sort of show, some sick trick he was pulling. I couldn't stand hunters and I'd killed more than my fair share... And maybe I was the one they were here for, which brought a brief pang of guilt at the girl's injuries but it was quickly pushed away. I watched the hunter flee as quick as he was able and once I was sure he was well enough away I made my way down the tree and sniffed along the path and area he'd been waiting to ambush those two, aqcuiring his scent. I muttered to myself darkly, "You're next hunter... Just like all my friends your kind have murdered and killed.. I'll have your pelt soon enough."
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

The tension hung in the air, and adrenaline wasn't helping.A hunter had shot at us, and then worked to repair the damage, and even instructed us on how to apply first aid. With that he'd gone off as quickly as he'd came. How on Earth did that man's mind work?
I also could smell another scent nearby, but slowly moving away. After the hunter, it seemed. I could have followed, but that wasn't my thought at the time.
"It looks like we're safe...For now at least. We'd best make the most of it." I turned, looking at the other. "I' Cael Redson. And you are?"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

Overcome by what I just done I hadn't notice the creature stalk me back to the car. I just sat in the driver's seat for ages, trying to pull myself together.

The Job had to be finished.

But still a sense of looming and discomfort hung in the air, and I notice the creature spying on me through the trees. I rolled down the windows a crack.
"If you want to kill me, go ahead. 20,000 volts of electricity runs through the car, and the glass is bomb proof. Just leave before I get my gun out."

by Me
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Once the human had taken notice of me I stood and revealed myself. And then he even went so far as to invite me to kill him. I stepped out of the bushes and walked up to the car, minful of any traps might be lying in wait, I wasn't stupid though and I never once made an attempt to touch the car. I crouched by the driver side door, arms resting on my thighs and the rest of my weight resting on my powerful tail. I resisted the urge to let my tongue flicker as I studied the human inside for a long moment, long enough to make anyone uncomfortable, before finally speaking. "Hmph... You must take me for a fool...eh... Hmm, I take it you have a name but I doubt you want to tell me. But thanks for the warning nonetheless, about your car that is." My reptillian features stretched into a toothy grin as my tail tip twitched to and fro behind me in a methodical manner. "You're a regular curiosity guy. I saw what you did back there. I don't understand why you just didn't put that girl out of her misery... Or do you like to leave the people you hunt suffer until you finally grow bored with your game? If nothing else, she'll certainly be an easy target now.." I shrugged but didn't move from where I was, though I stayed aware of my surroundings. I haven't been surviving for as long as I have on sheer luck.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

"No..." I said. "I won't harm you. Unless you try to kill me first." I turn away to think then return to my previous stance. "Why did she shift back? Why are you talking to me out of human form? Why don't you just explain to me why you people can suddenly control your thoughts, words and deeds while in animal form? If it's true, I'd ask you to bite me now, but for now let's just stay on the neutral side. I 'm Sarence."
I roll down the window a bit more to let my hand out. "I'm sorry we had to meet under such strange circumstances, but I really need your help now to understand what is going on." I wondered why he had approached the vehicle. Why he would do that if survival was on his mind. He must understand, must have known. "Sorry, I was lying. This is just a normal car. Now shake my hand with your..... paw, or else kill me now, because I now know that you aren't the monster I thought I was hunting. I am very sorry for my actions and I can understand if you don't want to trust me. Here." I pull out my 45. from out of its' holster and hand it to him. "Yes." I reply to his disbelieving look. " It is loaded. Take a shot if you don't believe me, but if you do, take the safety catch off first."
My hand remained outstretched through the window.

by Me
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

(OOC: Lol, my character was originally going to be female. But I like the idea of it being male

My eyes widen slightly at your words. "Oh you won't hurt me huh? That kid back there never did a thing to you but you shot her. You claim you're sorry when she could very well wind up never being able to use that arm again..." I shake my head and sigh. "But enough of that, you do have questions afterall." I look at the gun you were offering and take it, setting it down on the ground next to me. "I figure that girl changed back because it was the easiest thing to do in that situation. And I guess the way I see it is, we're still human on the inside, its just our outsides that look different. But you humans, you fear anything that's different but I figure its only natural to do." I shrugged again. "Some of us are able to control what we become, but others succumb. Unfortunate yes, but its not like I care." I reached out and grapsed your hand, my scaled skin was cool and smooth to the touch, much like a snake's. I grinned and tightened my grip before pulling your arm through the opening in the window as far as it could go. "You know Sarence... I was planning on killing you... You can't trust all of us you know! Even a monster can pretend to be human!" But just as quickly as it seemed that things were going downhill, I suddenly released you and sat back, my grin having gone from that of a delighted murder's to someone who had just had the laugh of a lifetime. "Heheheh... Sorry sorry, I couldn't help myself. But still, you shouldn't be so quick to toss your lot in with just anyone. Oh right, and my name's Lamellar. Nice to meet you."
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

"Uh..." trying to understand what he'd just done puzzled me for a moment. "I never was one for jokes... but let's get back down to her. Let's see if there's anything else we can do.", paused for a moment and said menacingly, "And please... don't do that again." We went down to the two wolves still standing about where I'd left them.
The journey was a little awkward at first, but then I start a conversation to lessen that sensation of 'eerie silience', "Just to let you know I'm not just another hunter. I could kill one of your kind with my bare hands if I wanted to, that's what I've been trained to do. I supose you could call a soldier that thought about who he was killing. I do have the blood of many a monster on my hands. But I've never come across ones that talk back before. Hopefully you can help me find out why someone in my organisation wanted you dead, and if we do, maybe you'll live a season longer than if not." I hope I hadn't struck a nerve, but that's just how I was: straightforward and blunt. I really wish the girl at the bottom of the valley wouldn't rip my throat out the second she got the chance.

by Me
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

I follwed along, mostly out of boredom but that didn't mean I wasn't interested in this 'new' species of hunter. Lost in my own little world, it took me a moment to realize that the human was talking to me and I looked up quickly. "Huh? Wha? Oh... Yeah right and I'm not just another werelizard... Nope, I can guarantee ya that my ground up bones can cure any disease, my kidneys'll get ya up and ready for a romp with the missus in record time, and my heart can give any man the strength of a hundred... Yep." As I spoke, my steps eventually slowed til I had all but stopped, memories of my long gone friends plaguing my thoughts. I sighed and looked at the person I was with and suddenly found myself disgusted. Walking and chatting with a hunter like we were the best of buddies.. I'd be doing myself and the world a favor if I just snapped his neck now. Something in the back of my mind urged me to do it but just as quickly as it came, it was gone and I blinked, mildly confused. I looked around as though I was lost and shook my head to clear the unwanted thoughts. I didn't even catch half of what Sarence had said but oh well, maybe just letting him talk would make him happy. I shrugged and ran the short distance I had been left behind in to catch up, smiling cheerily. "I wonder what Laminar's up to..? Hmm..."
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I jerked back into conciousness, the searing pain dulling as the wound healed. I groaned and slammed my fist into a nearby tree as I stood up unsteadily.

"I loathe pain." I slammed my fist into another tree repeatedly. "Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, HATE IT!!"
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

The other one wasn't listening, never mind. At least he wasn't trying to remove of a part of my anatomy. But as I approach the girl I'd shot guilt overcomes me, which doesn't really happen that often really, and I fell to my knees, and just stared blankly at this person, this animal. And all I could mutter, were the words "I'm sorry". I hold out my weapon to her, as I did with the other one, only hoping that she might react with the same grace. But you never really could tell with werecreatures, you really could just never tell.

by Me
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I looked up at the hunter who shot me. He was holding his weapon out to me. I slapped it out of his hand and scoffed.

"I'm not a killer. I'm a hunter, and I only hunt what I will eat. Humans aren't on the list, I was raised by them." I got up slowly, my head still spinning from adrenaline and pain clashing with endorphins. My mind was running and it didn't feel like stopping. I breathed deeply and stood firm.

"For one who claims himself a hunter, you let your qualms hold you back." I looked at him with a calm dominance, dressed myself with the clothes I had in my bag and began walking away, holding my injured arm.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfward »

"I never claimed to be a hunter. Nor am I one. Now if you run off by yourself you may last for a week tops. And that doesn't just apply to you, all of you will be dead in a week at least, if you don't let me help you. I am not a hunter. I am an agent. Sent in in when monster problems cannot be solved by normal animal control authorities or even the FBI. Now that I am not going to kill you the agency will send another two agents. One to finish you guys off and one to hunt me down. Sorry to outline this in such a casual way, but as I said, you all need to listen to me if you want to live."
After ending my speech I sat myself down against a tree and just said, softly "I know you might want to discuss this amongst yourselves first, so take all the time you need, just not a week." I closed my eyes and relaxed for the first time in days. I waited.

by Me
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I sighed, still clutching my shoulder. "I guess I'm stuck going with you if I ever want to go back to having a semi-normal life. I'm in."
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Oh poop... Was this RP still going? I'll continue if it is.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I would hope /: