[Bewere] Where do the Weres go from here?

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Should we start over from the beginning?

No! Keep going from where you left off!
38%
Yes! Less rereading to do!
63%

Total votes: 8

Baphnedia

[Bewere] Where do the Weres go from here?

Post by Baphnedia »

Before I start running the game again, going from hiatus into a more active sense, which way would you like me to proceed?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'd say keep going.

But thats me. :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i want to start over so i wont have to read all of it! :P but thats me
THE GAME

My Armory
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

I fall into the "I don't care" range..whatever works for ya'll works for me
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote:i want to start over so i wont have to read all of it! :P but thats me
Thats the lazy way, I mean, theres only a few pages worth.

:P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

yea but still :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hehe. While there's a resounding majority to keep going where I left off (assuming I can find my notes), I'll let the poll run through tonight and do an update tomorrow.

Main cahnges to the rules -

I'm doing away with the XP system, since we still hadn't made it through the 1st day in game yet. One TF per day, and I will post a notice for those of you who have gained more. This may be deliberate, or it may be random. Or, it might be tied to the story.

The second thing is that you have an occupation listed already. Going along with that, are six skills. These skills are taken in the literal sense (there are no real limits to the skill list - though Quantum Mechanics might be a little out of place, and I'll advise you of that). What you start with are:

Expert:
Proficient:
Proficient:
Novice:
Novice:
Novice:

The jury is still out on magic. You'll make sacrifices if you'd like to be a magic user. In that, any path/school/domain/whathaveyou that you'd like to use, takes up the aforementioned skill slots.

Additional skill slots will become available (like TFs) and like I said before, thy might be deliberate, random, or tied to the storyline. I will not limit character actions for the story line.

So, now we'll just wait and see how the voting goes then.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

The second thing is that you have an occupation listed already. Going along with that, are six skills. These skills are taken in the literal sense (there are no real limits to the skill list - though Quantum Mechanics might be a little out of place, and I'll advise you of that). What you start with are:

Expert:
Proficient:
Proficient:
Novice:
Novice:
soo... just our character's skills in general? like..what they are good at/can do?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

yep. I'll have to modify my example character description of Milini. That's the basis of it though. The level of the skill will become more important, (i.e. master, grand master, legendary, etc) as the development of the skill increases.

Anything can be attempted, but identifying your characters stronger points this way makes it easier (I hope).
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'd almost rather start over, simply because:

1) Will everyone from before be continuing once we start up again?

2) More people will want to join; things are going to get even more fragmented and chaotic than they already are.

3) You mentioned IRC -- that means getting everyone together all at once.

I think there are a couple other minor advantages to starting over, as well.

However, it suits me fine either way. We've barely just begun in either case.

Though, let it be noted that (now that classes have started): I will likely only be available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; I might be available on parts of Monday and Wednesday, but I will almost definitely not be available Tuesday and Thursday.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

With the exception that I'm on leave right now, game days (when I'll be updating stuff) will be on Sundays... most of the time.

This game is helping with worldbuilding the Three Worlds, upon which you are on one of them. Also, character goals don't have to be public knowledge. Furthermore, I'm going to call up a couple of other game developers (that are working on the actual system that will use this world in paper/dice gaming), to help moderate. I might be able to use their participation and input to my advantage, when I'm too busy to post myself.

But, I will not be able to keep track of everyone's individual activities alone... so if there's something you want me to address in my next post, send me a godnote (PM).
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Now that I see Vilkacis's post...starting over is seeming like a better idea.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yeah... I'll retract my last post on the character threadn, and I'll just wait till the poll is done running...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Now that the 24 hours or whatever for the poll are done, I see a 3/3 vote. Great. Just my luck to put one poll on this forum and wind up with a tie.

So, what I'll do is work in all the new players (and inactive ones) with one post. As I remember more and more details from the old game, there may be some PMs going out. Getting the new players into the game will be PM intensive, and today's been unexpectedly busy.

Thankfully, there isn't a whole lot to re-read.

I'll start PMming folks either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Once the first round of PMs are out, I'll make a post in the game thread. Day 1 5/10. I'll still be counting up to 10 things per game day, not for experience purposes, but I found that it's easier to find certain situations that way, to navigate the game thread.

Players that began originally will be getting a little something in your PMs. Adjust your character descriptions accordingly. :)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

waaaaait.... i didn't see this poll! I voted for restarting; i have no idea what happens to be goign on in the world. so if it's not too late...
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Hrm. Anyone feel up to introducing a new player to how exactly all this works?
Sanity is relative.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

You go to the create character profile and join the game.

I think we should start from scratch by the way.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Ah, I think I understand. So a charachter is free to throw himself into the relevant story whenever? Is each specific RP world restricted to a RP thread, a charachter desc. thread, and a rules thread, or are any of those cross-world?
Sanity is relative.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Ah, I think I understand. So a charachter is free to throw himself into the relevant story whenever? Is each specific RP world restricted to a RP thread, a charachter desc. thread, and a rules thread, or are any of those cross-world?
The game in question is Bewere of Ghulidalen -- all characters posted in the Bewere of Ghulidalen character thread apply specifically to that RP. You might be able to take your Ghulidalen character and apply him to a different RP, but, chances are, it will be much more difficult to take a character from a different RP into Ghulidalen. Ghulidalen is more strict than the other RPs that have been made so far.

As for just throwing your character into the storyline, you'll need to talk to Baphnedia, as he is the organizer and GM of the Ghulidalen RP. It would probably be best if you read up on all the available Ghulidalen information first.

As I write this, Ghulidalen is the only RP game in this forum that spans more than one thread. It has a Character thread, an In-Character RP thread, a rules thread, and several minor threads (such as history, monetary system, etc.). There is also some off-site information that is available if you dig around a bit.

The other RPs are much simpler -- only one thread. It's probably OK to just jump into those (though, it might be a good idea to talk to the creator of the RP first, anyway).

In order to clear things up, I may go through and put a [Bewere] tag on all the Ghulidalen threads (but probably not until Friday at the soonest). I would suggest a similar naming scheme for the other RPs to keep things nice and organized.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hey Vilkacis, that's a good idea. As for the game... I was all prepared to integreate everyone in, but now there are two new votes (late, but so am I)....

I will start over, prior actions and knowledges won't have an effect on the game except for stuff like general world knowledge.

Counters will be reset to zero (the original in character thread will be given a [closed] tag.

Little itty bitty trivia fact: This game is being used in part for fun and worldbuilding. The world being built may just be the 'default' setting for the Paradice Roleplaying System. If you're interested in helping develop this system, please contact me through my website, or post in the General Discussion (until I build a Get Involved discussion board). There is a waiting period right now, becuase we're writing our Non-disclosure agreement - which does not apply to this game, Bewere of Ghulidalen.

Ok, enough plugging related projects. I'll close the existing RP thread and will start a new one after I wake up - it's almost 0400.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

when are we starting it again?
THE GAME

My Armory
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Anubis wrote:when are we starting it again?
Be patient.
:wink:

This is a long-term game. Quality over quantity.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You'll see it... I'm in the middle of writing some of it right now...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

I'm cool,just PM me when you are ready.