[Bewere] Rules of Discussion Board RP

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Baphnedia

[Bewere] Rules of Discussion Board RP

Post by Baphnedia »

Last edited by Baphnedia on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

It sounds like you've had expierence with this before, and a cohesive set of rules and regulations. Consider my curiousity piqued as far as what particular sort of setting you're looking at running here and allowable characters :)
It sounds like we share a lot of similar ideals as far as what makes a great game - character interaction and development much moreso than twinking, etc.
GOod luck with it - and I'll keep an eye out!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Thanks Ariana.

The message board system itself goes like this (for what hasn't been explained so far):

XP are Experience Points. One is earned per the following:

Completing a Character Goal (that involved some work to achieve - eating breakfast isn't a goal).
Completing a Party Goal (everyone buying matching shoes isn't a goal for XP purposes, but it might help the party be stylin).

Party goals are set as a group, and are rather easy to identify from the gaming thread. Character goals can be placed in the character description (so I can track them) or, if you want to keep one or more of them secret, they can be PMmed to me.
Remind me if you've completed a personal goal by PM. If we get a good number of players, it is possible for me to forget.

MP are Magic Points. Every time you undergo a Transformation (TF), you use a Magic Point. They are regained by resting. There are multiple sources of magical power, the ones we'll start with using are:
Arcane (using your environment - druids, WWs, classic wizards)
Divine (using power from someone else - infernalists, witches, clerics, paladins, etc)
Psionic (using power from within yourself - this also includes Ki)

You can purchase more MPs with XP. 1 for 1. You can purchase levels of magical proficiency with XP - 1 for 1. The same goes with other proficiencies. I will send you a brief description to give you an idea of what each level gives you overall (or post a table) to explain each level).

Proficiencies are a numeric scale of ability. However, with no dice, I take in as many factors of the situation to determine who succeeds at a given task. They can be purchased at 1 XP for 1 level of proficiency. A lack of proficiency means you can use it, with no bonus. The only limitation is you must purchase a proficiency with magic to use it (except for weres, as that is a racial ability).

More rules and info will be posted here, as necessary.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Sounds good - I guess that only leaves the question of Setting - you've listed so far playable races, but what about the location? Modern? Fantastical? IN order to figure out what sort of background the characters have, that's requisite ^_~.
How common are werewolves? Do normal people believe in them?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I was writing some of that while you were posting... but, I'll answer your questions here too:

Fantastical setting
Werewolves do NOT exist (yet you can play them - the reason will become apparent)
Other weres are allowed (after approval by me)
Normal people have never even heard of were-creatures before. They have heard of demons though. Draw your own conclusions...
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Wait... soo... can you clarify something for me than? We are only allowed to roleplay in this form (what's it called, MUCK? Or is that something else entirely?)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Wolfhanyou wrote:Wait... soo... can you clarify something for me than? We are only allowed to roleplay in this form (what's it called, MUCK? Or is that something else entirely?)
The MUCK is something else entirely. We had a role-playing thread going on for a while here, but has been put on hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time.

If you're interested in the MUCK, you can read about it here: http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewforum.php?f=11

I don't think anyone really uses it, though.

-- Vilkacis
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Wolfhanyou wrote:Wait... soo... can you clarify something for me than? We are only allowed to roleplay in this form (what's it called, MUCK? Or is that something else entirely?)
The MUCK is something else entirely. We had a role-playing thread going on for a while here, but has been put on hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time.

If you're interested in the MUCK, you can read about it here: http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewforum.php?f=11

I don't think anyone really uses it, though.

-- Vilkacis
I see... So what is this sort of roleplaying called, specificlly?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Wolfhanyou wrote:I see... So what is this sort of roleplaying called, specificlly?
'Message Board Roleplaying' or 'Text-based Roleplaying,' I guess. I don't know that there's a more specific term than that...

If you want to get into more detail, our particular game was mostly freeform, meaning there were very few mechanics (as opposed to a more structured system). A freeform system is usually more flexible and story-based, but can be abused more easily.

-- Vilkacis