[Bewere] [Closed] Char Descriptions: Bewere of Ghulidalen

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Baphnedia

[Bewere] [Closed] Char Descriptions: Bewere of Ghulidalen

Post by Baphnedia »

What a corney name... but it's twice as bad as the other game; Birth of the Deathwatchers.

There will be a couple of threads used in the game. This character thread, the rules thread (which will also include the gaming system rules), and the 'in character' thread. Any of you can start as many out of character threads as you want. They will not apply to the game. This is because, when I'm pressed for time, I will check only the following things:

Godnotes (PMs)
In Character Thread
Character Descriptions
(maybe) the Rules Thread
and that's it.

Out of character discussions about what is going on in the game are done at your own risk. I will not be entering any out of character info (aside from fiction I make publicly available anyway). If you tell another player something secret about your character that you don't want anyone else to know, they can use it in game. It doesn't matter if it happened in person, over the phone, via email, on this discussion board, or any other means known to anyone in this universe (anything I missed?).

As an exception to the Rules post, keep your character description updated.

So. On to character descriptions. Humans, Werewolves, Weretigers, Werebats and Werebears are allowed. Other were races are allowed, if you PM me and I send you my approval.

Character descriptions will have (in addition to your description, history, and anything else you want to put in there):

Character Name

Race-specific rules:
Humans have humanisitc abilities. I will update this later with any specific rules.
Other races will be added in time (while you don't get to change your race, you can start a new character as a new race, if you die, and I've already added more races).
Weres: They have better senses and are more closely tied with their instincts than humans are, for better and for worse. They posess the ability to transform on their own, and they also transform on a full moon whether they like it or not. 1 MP is consumed (for that day, until rest is had) per transformation. That doesn't mean change into a werewolf and change back. That is one TF period.

Now, who are you and what do you look like?

Oh, and choose a character concept, occupational preferrences and the like. Here's a list to get you started (though this isn't mandatory or anything):

Advocates (lawyers), Armorsmiths, Bakers Barbers Bards (resident) Bards (wandering) Bathers Beer-Sellers Blacksmiths Bleachers Bookbinders Booksellers Bowyer Buckle Makers Butchers Caravaners Carpenters Cartographers Chandlers Chicken Butchers Clergyman Cobblers Coopers Copyists Cutlers Doctors Fishmongers Fletcher Furriers Glovemakers Guards Harness-Makers Hatmakers Hay Merchants Healers Inns Jewelers Locksmiths Mages Maidservants Masons Merc Companies Mercers Mercs Noble Old-Clothes Painters Pastrycooks Plasterers Priests Pursemakers Roofers Ropemakers Rugmakers Saddlers Scabbardmakers Sculptors Spice Merchants Tailors Tanners Taverns/Restaurants Thieves Undertakers Watercarriers Weaponsmiths Weavers Wine-Sellers Woodcarvers Woodsellers Soothsayers Smugglers Assassins and anything else you can come up with.

EDIT: Related to your concept (or not at all, your choice - you can always tell others your a blacksmith, but you really don't have any skill in it)...
Skills.

At creation, you will start with six skills of your choice. This includes any magic schools, domains, paths, spheres of influence, disciplines, etc. So, if you'd like to use magic, it will cost you, since you'll be devoting some of your skills to that instead of other things.

At creation, you will have

Expert:
Proficient:
Proficient:
Novice:
Novice:
Novice:

EDIT: Unsticky for now. -- Vilkacis

EDIT: This might get stickied again... -- Baphnedia
Last edited by Baphnedia on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Milini (NPC example) (deceased) (an advanced character - that lived in the game world for quite some time....)

Skills:
Master: Magic: Travel
Veteran: Magic: Diviniation
Expert: Magic: Enchantment
Expert: Diplomacy
Expert: Scholar
Journeyman: Meditation
Apprentice: Healer

Oracle of the Divinorium. Despite her young age, she had an unnatural ability to gather the Vision's thoughts.

Small of frame, confined to the Heart of the Eye. She is pale as the clouds, her brown eyes and hair showing a calmness that hid her innermost thoughts from anyone. Often dressed in a simple robe, she lives in the Heart of the Eye, in the city of Kar. Kar calls itself the City of Magic. The plateau that the city sits on is ruled by various orders of magi.

Her goal in life is to be free of everyone, including her employers. While they treat her with the utmost dignity and respect, at the age of fifteen, she craves independence. That is something the Divinorium cannot allow her to have.

She died at the age of fifteen. Referrence Nephyl's Heritage, Page 2, I think.
Last edited by Baphnedia on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

(Character on reserve, possibly for later use.)

Picture:
http://img245.echo.cx/img245/2968/ashin9ya.jpg

Character Name: Ashin

Character Concept: Survivalist

Profile:
Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eye color: Light Blue
Hair color: White

Maximum MP: 1

Proficiencies:

Expert: Survival - Nature
Proficient: Stealthy Movement
Proficient: Thrown Weapons (rocks, throwing blades, etc.)
Novice: Knowledge - Animal Behavior
Novice: Knowledge - Useful Herbs
Novice: Knowledge - Navigation

Flaws:
* Claustrophobic
* Doesn't understand the importance of rules or the severity of punishment for breaking them
* Sometimes has difficulty in social situations

Advantages:
* Light Sleeper
* Agile and Sure-footed
* Stamina

Physical Description:
A sturdy young man -- not muscular: healthy. He wouldn't win any arm-wrestling matches against your average full-grown man, but he could easily outperform a bookish-type or the like. He is possessed of a somewhat tall, light frame, and moves with agility and surety. He could maintain a light run all day.

Behavioral Description:
A lover of nature and animals, he values solitude and freedom over a busy life of responsibility. However, he tends not to anticipate the future beyond the current day or the requirements of the season, a trait which has often landed him in one tight spot or another. He's not one to care about promises, and doesn't understand it when people voluntarily submit to restrictions, such as those you might find governing a city. Doesn't always catch the details in a social situation.

He tries to avoid confrontations whenever possible, and will always flee if able, rather than come out on the bad end of a fight.

There is nothing he hates more than being confined in a small space, or having his freedom taken away. He also dislikes being bored.

A light sleeper.

History:
(To be expanded)

Other:
Akijiu owes Ashin 4 Copper Flashes
Shawna owes Ashin 4 Copper Flashes

--------------------------

For my own use (and that of the GM) only, please:

[spoiler]Goals:
Small:
Meet Lamid at the Rulven Skull tonight, Day 1.
Obtain a useful and discreet weapon or two
And, perhaps, some money
Get out of working a job, if possible
Repay a favor... if convenient.

Medium:
Figure out how he ended up in the alley.
Find out why all these people are so familiar

Large:
(None yet)

Inventory:
Green Shirt - worn
Green Trousers - worn
Green Cloak - worn
Rags

Other:
Ashin owes 9 or 10 Silver Roots for clothes.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Vilkacis on Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Character Name: Shawna

Character Occupation: Assassin

Profile:
Height: 5’4 ft.
Weight: 109 lbs.
Eye color: ice blue
Hair color: white with black streaks

Proficiencies:
Expert: Short blade/hand-to-hand combat
Proficient: Lockpicking
Proficient: Throwing knives
Novice: Archery
Novice: Staff
Novice: magic: healer

Description:
Shawna is a white were tiger with a clam, quite, and solitary personality. Her cloths are all black and of simple but quality make and she carries two stylized fighting knives. She loves the freedom of the outdoors, away from people and cities, and she hates being kept anywhere against her will. Shawna has a deep dislike for the gods of this world, and refuses to acknowledge them, even though she has potential to be a powerful healer using the gifts they gave her. She is very agile, and when fighting she uses a technique that combines the use of two blades, usually stylized fighting knives, with complex martial arts.

Goals:

History:
(Hmm need to know more about the world first)

I hope that this is ok. Feel free to poke me with something sharp if it is not :D
Last edited by Darkmoon on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Hmm....

Name: Akijiu
Occupatipon: Warrior

Profile:
Height: 6'2 Ft.
Weight: Dunno, whatever is a appropriate weight for a 6'2" Warrior. :P
Eye Color: Deep Green
Hair Color: Golden Blond

Current XP: 0
Current MP: 1

Proficiencies:
Fighting, thats it really, straight up fighter type. Point him at something you want dead/maimed and let 'im at it. :lol:

Description: Akijiu is a muscularly built warrior, not overly muscular though, more lean. In other words, muscular like a runner, not like a wrestler. His style is more of the light armored fast and swift Warrior, than the heavy armored claymore weilding tank. Akijiu has rather long hair, and lets it grow long.

Akijiu's personality is that of a generally nice guy, who generally is in a good mood most oif the time and friendly with most people so long as they don't do anything to annoy him. Akijiu is also a werewolf, of course, he only remebers that dimly.

Goals:
Small
* Get better clothes, and a weapon. Preferably a sword.
* Get cleaned off

Medium

* Find out where the hell he is, following that, find out why he's in alley, in ratty bloody clothing..

* Find out why theres a very odd corpse in the alley, along with all these other people.

Large

No thing, so far.

History: Will be figured out once i get a better feel for the world. Until then, he remebers nothing of it, other than his occupation, uhm, "condition", and his name. Gotta love Amnesia. :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

*out for editing*
Last edited by Kzinistzerg on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

Name: NightStorm
Hair/fur color: Brown hair and pale skin.
Eye color: gold colored, like a bottle of beer.
distingusing marking: She carries a twisted oak staff
XP (0)
MP (1)

Magic: Know rudimentry Geomancery and a little achemly

Proficiencies: Night loves to write, and tell stories. She's a decent fighter as a wolf. She can also exiose evil spirits

Backround: Night Storm travels alot. Writting stories and telling them to make a little spare change. She doesn't know who she really is or where she comes from. Just that she's been traveling all her life. Her staff made of oak seems to contain some sort of potent magic. One in which she can not tell.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Name: Selena
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs
Eye color: Gold
Hair Color: Red

History: Unknown as of now

Description: Selena is a strong young women, though not muscular. She dislikes being in large crowds, such as cities. Instead, she prefers the natural world; mountains and the forests. Selena fights best in her other form. As a werewolf. Though, if needed, she can use a sword well enough. Fang and claw are prefered though. Selena is a pack animal and is uncomtrable when alone for too long.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

Name: Raina
Sex: Female
WW Hight: 6 feet
human Hight: 5'7
WW Weight: 180 lbs
Human Weight: 120 lbs
Eye color: diamond blue
Fur Color: white

History: not Available

Description: Raina is very strong and very rebelious. She hates the word no but is very understanding. Raina is currently in waiting for her chance to wear the crown but must find a king first to rule with her. Raina is quick on her feet and can finish what she started. Raina has no use for weapons. She has 5 inch claws and 4 inch fangs.
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

Name: Giovannie
Sex: Male
WW Height: 6.2 Feet
Human Heigt: 6.0 Feet
WW Weight: 220 Lbs
Human Weigt: 150 Lbs
Eye Color: Very Light Blue
Fur Color: Black

Current Xp: 0
Current Mp: 1

History: Not Known

Description: Tall,Dark Looking Guy,He Wanders From City To City Looking For Other Werewolfs,He Is Dressed In A Black Robe...He Is Very Agressive,Strong And Dark,Not A Fella U Wonna Meet In A Alley
wolf lady
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Lady

Post by wolf lady »

how do you make a player ??
\/^^^^^^\/
werewolves
/\^^^/\
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

wolf lady wrote:how do you make a player ??
The game is currently suspended, so there is no reason to make a character right now.

-- Vilkacis
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

Goddamn it u say i made my character for nothing? HATE U,nO i love u :D
Alone in the darkness of night, hear our howl,And Join Us
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Suspended? *grins* You did that all for me!? *grins again* Anyway I'm back...if you coudn't tell...why did ya'll suspend it anyway?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Darkmoon wrote:Suspended? *grins* You did that all for me!? *grins again* Anyway I'm back...if you coudn't tell...why did ya'll suspend it anyway?
Baphnedia has a lot going on, with a promotion (and a transfer?) and some other things. The game was never really officially suspended, but after a good while with no posts, I unstickied it. Without a GM, it just kind of... died. I don't know whether or not it will continue in the future.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I did indeed get promoted, and will be moving to Arkansas (the aforementioned Transfer). Once I'm settled there, I may get the game going again - I don't intend for it to stay in this state for too long, though I won't be over there till October.

Granted, it's a lot shorter amount of time than a deployment. I'm counting my blessings.

I'll also be writing fiction to go along with the game, as the situation the characters is surrounded in is getting layered, though I don't know if I'll lay it on thick when I return. I may or may not have the time.

I'm still writing more material for the game, and when it's active again, you'll see the Ghulidalen threads up at the top. Likewise, I'll have links to my own Books forum that discusses features of the campaign world, to answer questions, etc.

Furthermore, I may be starting the game up in a chatroom with scheduled game times, and a veritable system in place. I'll let you all know which route I take when I get things going again. I don't mind that the game was unstickied.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

So when will you be set up in your home?

and is a furrier the same thing as a trapper?

Character Name: Scarlet Raven

Character Concept: Furrier

Profile:
Height: 5' 6''/ wolf: 6'
Weight: 135 lbs./wolf: 150lbs
Eye color: icy green
Hair color: Deep Red

Maximum MP: 1

Proficiencies:
(None chosen yet)

Flaws:
(None chosen yet)

Advantages:
(None chosen yet)

Description:
Rather muscular with pointed fingernails, Sharp eyes, and a quick blade. Although she prefers to fight hand-to-hand. She's a little robust and has a quick temper.

She's extreamly intentive in situations and leaves no stone unturned. This quality had led her avoid tight spots and anger others who rather keep secrets. Sporting a red shirt and bage trousers she not hard to spot.

She has a deep love of the forest and would live there forever if she didn't have to make a living. Catching animals in the forest and selling there hides to overpaying nobles. meanwhile keeping the meat for herself.

She barely sleeps and if she does it's only for a few hours. She doesn't like talking to people when she's reading, eating, or running. Which is most of the time. She hates to be kept unbusy, so she reads lenghtly novels and does a little adventuring on the side.

Goals:

Small:
Sell furs in town.

Medium:
(None yet)

Large:
(None yet)

History:
(None)

Other:
Last edited by 23Jarden on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

23Jarden wrote:and is a furrier the same thing as a trapper?
Furrier:

1. One that deals in furs.
2. One whose occupation is the dressing, designing, cleaning, or repairing of furs.

So... a trapper is probably a furrier, but a furrier is not necessarily a trapper.

-- Vilkacis
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

So then I can put in Furrier as an occupation?
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Sounds fine to me. I won't be settled in until probably late october - but I'll be keeping the group informed.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Name: Rizar, Aka: Sap fingers

single

Race: Spirit Avatar is like a werewolf but with supernatuarl twist. a spirit avatar is when an accended Beast spirit like of a wolf, bear, fox, tiger, ETC. is born in to mortal body, but can transform into a spirit and mortal hybrid. that have super natural powers but they are dificult to conterol. powers include the ability to pass threw solid objects, sumon magics that are untouchable for mortal hands, and a butt load of others that take time and practice to conterol.

physical discription:

mortal human form:5" 11' tall, 190 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, rather skinny looking.

True Spirit wolf form: 8" 7' tall, 350 pounds, white fur, deep blue yeys, glows when at full power.

personality: Cunning, smart, cleptomainiac, serious, honorable (keeps promises, wont steel from kids and the poor and old, and honest (at lest when is not money related)) and brave

advantages: since being a master theif he can go any were at anytime with out being detected. clever in battle, very fast, stelth

weaknesses: not very strong,

skills
Expert:Stealth
Proficient:hand to hand combat
Proficient:bo staff
Novice:sword fighting
Novice:medical training
Novice:super natural abities (when in spirit wolf form)

fighting skills: hand to hand combat, and a master of the bo staff.

history: grew up in a large city and being abandond by his parents, he steels to survive after finding that he is really good at it. he made it his career.
Last edited by Anubis on Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Name:Ravere Loruki
Height:6'1"
WW Height:6'4"
Eye Color:Amber
Weight:190/WW220

History:Ravere grew up in the town of Alvoni in the rocky part of the world. His parents were killed by hunters many years ago because of their WW powers. He took the job of being a merc to try his hand at it.

Personality:Smart and strong. Will usually cooperrate but if threarened will not be afraid to kill.

Weakness:Magic and the arts

Skills: strong with the sword and bow.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I've gotten knee deep in work and other open projects... so, I'm closing this game, instead of playing the flip flop game where I juggle game and real life. :(

So with a heavy haert, Bewere of Ghulidalen is officially closed.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

:cry:
THE GAME

My Armory