[Bewere] [Closed] Bewere of Ghulidalen (In Character)

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Ashin stares at the escalating situation with growing worry. At least it looks like Shawna has chosen the side most likely to come out on top, but anything could happen in the heat of battle and she didn't have a weapon. She had obviously sided against the guards, so he had little hope that they would hold back against her.

It looks like the Captain of the Guard is going to have a few vacancies soon...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Surprised, Ashin looks over in the direction of the speech...

and then down...

right into a familiar face.

Just like the others...

--he's a bit taken aback by the familiarity, but soon recovers.

“That fool woman, Shawna, has gone and thrown herself into the middle of someone else's fight without so much as a weapon,” he replies quietly.

I hope she comes out all right...

“Who are you?”
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

"I'm Shadow. You do not need a weapon to be good in combat..."

Shadow looked out at 'Shawna' and then back up at the man.

"And you are... and who's he?" Shadow pointed at the other man, still keeping an eye on Shawna, watching to see if something happened.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Looking back to the progressing situation, he says simply, “Ashin... and he's Akijiu.”
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

(day 1 3/10)

Why do I bother with him so? Why should I let Godien pretend to be in charge when he's not. In charge... The other guards really don't know what to do. They had a leader. Their memory will act before they do... In a pure command voice the freak spoke with quick distinction, "Sheathe...swords!" With an alacrity that split the hairs of a clock, the freak launched his sword at Godien hilt first, and by the time Godien hit the wall, the freak was weilding his sheath menacingly.

The other guards all had their swords halfway down their scabbards by the time the could stop themselves and were hurridly trying to redraw their weapons.

The freak lunged at Godien and caught him in the stomach with the tip of the reinforced sheathe. This taking place just in time as Godien swung, his shortsword cutting deep into the freak's hide.

As you sit there watching, you see that Shawna has an open shot at Godien. The other guards have finished sheathing their weapons. No sense in getting in the middle of that fight. That's where people are going to die, and they have no stake in either side.

The undertaker walks into the alley and begins collecting up bodies, as he needs to come back for more business. If the fight involves him, he'll probably give whomever the unlucky sap might be a body - upside the head.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Akijiu's eyes widened considerably. "Fast for such a big fella..." he muttered, raising a eyebrow.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

“Indeed,” agrees Ashin.

He flinches as the big guy takes the sword wound.

But not fast enough, I guess...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow watched the fight, inwardly biting her lip but keeping her features impassive. Hopefully Shawna would be fine. Though Shadow had a slight urge to help the 'freak', her common sense kept her rooted to the spot.

Relitively, that is.

Shadow moved back a few paces, keeping well out of the way of the fight.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

One of the other guards acts tough "What a puss Godien is. All that talk, and to get beaten down by a little girl. C'mon guys, let's have a drink." They turn around and leave, as apparently, they didn't care much for Godien either.

The freak is wincing in pain as he draws breath. Blood is mixed with his spittle, now running down his chin. The wound in his side is deep. The guards are headed further into the city, and the street is quiet, for now. The undertaker might return to pickup one more body, but before the end of the day, the marketplace will return to it's normal activities, as if nothing happened.

Peasants learn early on to turn a blind eye to that which does not concern them, and their memory is just as fickle. Dead peasants, though, dead peasants don't lie.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Darkmoon wrote: Gilen crashed over, his sword, the object Shwana had kicked, clattered down the street, and the big scaly guy staggered backwards.
Akijiu quickly moved to the weapon and nabbed the sword, much more comfortable with the sistuation now that he had a blade in his hands. He swung the blade expiermentally and began to move back towards Ashin and Shadow. He glanced at the Freak, "You okay big guy?" he asked, the sword hanging limply in his hand.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

In this time the freak has sunken to his knees, the gash in his side beginning to look a lot more serious than at first though. *Wheeze* "No. Do I look ok?" Both of his hands are holding his body upright with the sheath, it's point stuck in the ground before him.

Blood is trickling out of the wound, which pretty much sliced slightly upward, beneath the last rib. The blood is getting his pants, and the street wet.

*wheeze* "The hospitalers in this city are more towards the rich part of town. Do ya think you could give me a lift?"
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"I can try, no garuntees though," Akijiu said, walking closer to the freak. He look to the others. "A little help guys?"
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Shawna searched Godien and found a dagger. It was plain, but of good solid make with a sharp point and well balanced tang. She pocketed it, with no sense of guilt, after all, she had won the fight. She moved to help Akijiu with the wounded warrior, then caught a strange sent. Looking up, she noticed another woman standing back by the alley. The woman smelled sorta like her, which was odd, and she also had that familiar feel.

“Hello there!” She called to the woman, “Who are you?” Hoping the other would reply, Shawna turned back to help the scaly man.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Ashin quickly moves to assist Akijiu and Shawna, keeping a wary eye on the fallen Godien.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

As he walks over, he leans down and retrieves the freak's sword.

I guess he'll be wanting this, later.

Upon reaching the others, he asks, "So, what's your name, big guy?"
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

*wheeze* "Haido." Would these fools just hurry up and patch me up? Is it too much to ask? Breathing is noticeably harder, the breaths not as deep as they were before. "I'll direct you to the hospitalers..." His voice is beginning to fade, the last sentence is something you were barely able to make out. Perhaps a collapsed lung?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Fa'o sat in a strange slumped position. Covered in a heep of junk, twigs and dirt, and strangly, blood. A great head ache pulsed in her skull. Leaving her in a dazed blurred thought, and a wishing to just lie back down. Her clothing was tatered and three strange strait markings in a row slashed across her leg, yet was ver superficial. Her body was quite stiff.

Fa'o treid to get out of the hurtful daze, the strange smell of the alley didn't help a bit. She licked her lips and stumbled upwards, where the pulsing in her head disaproved.

What was going on? Fa'o walked over to the side of the alley where a strange man of sorts fell over and laid down, the crowd around him, and some fimilair people. She managed her way from outside the crowd.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow walked over to the fallen Haido and dropped to her knees, looking at the wound.

"I'm Shadow. The others tell me you're called Shawna? I'll try to help... but being tiny as I am, I may not be able to."

Shadow looked at the others andchanged her position, ready to help lift. Though not terribly strong, she was willing to assist- she had to know more about these people.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Alright, we got to do something about that," Akijiu muttered looking at the wound, he took his sword, well, Godien's sword, but it was his for now, and cut off a strip of clothing and tied it around Haido's wound. "I don't know much medical stuff," Akijiu said, trying to lift Haido. "Just enough to patch up wounds to hold until a skilled healer or something can fix the problem."
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Sjawna grabbed Haido on the other side and matched Akijiu's strength as they tried to lift him. She wondered if there was some way she could have prevented him from getting hurt.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Ashin synchronizes his efforts with the others, and together the lot of them manage to lift the large man off the ground.

He doesn't know much about Ghulidalen, but he bets the rich district is near the top of the river.

“Come on,” he grunts, and starts moving in that direction.

You're heavy, big guy.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

(Day 1 3/10)

Traffic in the street stays out of your way. You think that everyone in the town must've seen you by now, as the afternoon chores and errands get done. Haido whispered the last corner left to make, which brings everyone beside the river. The plaster-covered buildings eventually give way to plaster and oaken frame.

There is harldly a stench, except that wafting off of Haido and others who came out of that forsaken alley. The dirty road gives way to cobblestone, and the denizens here pay you a little more mind.

Instead of being disinterested, many of them gawk and stare as you drive yourselves past. Haido is unconcious now, but the hospitalers are further up the street, as you see a man and woman in dark blue robes applying bandages to a couple patients that were battered. They don't see you yet, though they are still half a dozen buildings ahead of you.

The consistency of Haido's skin is very odd as you carry him. The scaled stripes rise up from the skin slighly. His hands only have four fingers. Three digits and an opposable thumb, except that the thumb is almost as long as the others.

This part of the city is much more colorful than the slums, with clothes bearing every color the Sun could possibly shine upon. The denizens equally dressed, though it could hardly be called a riot of color. The colors rarely clashed, and were in no means really bright. But, it was almost a shock of color, compared to the browns and blacks of the slums.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Uncomfortable under the stare of the rich folk, Ashin struggles along, keeping his eyes on the ground in front of him.

Think they're better than us. Think we're here for their entertainment... He grumbles to himself. Senseless fools.

“Someone should run ahead and tell them to prepare,” he says as an aside, to the others.

Let's just hope we're not too late.

A sword is not really my kind of weapon, anyway.