[Bewere] [Closed] Bewere of Ghulidalen (In Character)

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow replied "I'll do it. I'm not much help carrying this guy..."

She ran ahead to the woman, tugging on her sleeve. Though Shadow was merely really small, the woman looked down at her, thinking she was a child.

"Shoo, child. I have work to do."

"Please, there is someone hurt, with a bad sword wound. We need you to help."
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Shawna watched the shorter woman rush off.

She really does smell kinda like me...hmmm

She shifted her stance and tried to ajust Haido's huge bulk, he was dead weight now, and she hoped that he would be ok.

Noticing Shadow's attempts to get help were being ignored, and stagging under the big guy's bulk, Shawna threw back her head and bellowed "Could we get a little help here!!?"

The sound came out more like a very loud roar than human words, but it didn't really matter, it was bound to have grabbed people's attention.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Akijiu glared at the crowds. "Help or get out of the way," he declared, in the general direction of those gawking. Godien's sword hung at Akijiu's side loosely in a belt. He couldn't reach for it without dropping Haido, but its' prescence would, by Akijiu's logic, be enough to convince people to go about their business or help.

Akijiu continued to help get Haido over to the hospitalers. He wondered what was with this man, to be so large, and the scales, and the hands. The size could have been dismissed, but scales and the hands couldn't be.

He said he had been 'touched by magicks' was that what he had said before? Akijiu thought. Damnit, this is gonna bug the crap out of me if i don't know why the hell he's like this. Don't die damnit.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Day 1 4/10

The streets are quiet, most of the more gentle folk stunned that filth in their streets was asking for help. A muscular man with clothing stained with soot emerged out of a smithy at the noise, and helped with the weight.

"Ahh. I always knew the bastard was a survivor." Speaking to Akiju, "The doctors here will have nothing to do with filth. However, I know someone who can fix him up in a jiffy." Indicating a low tavern on the right hand side, with a skull on it's hanging sign. "That there is the Rulven Skull - the best food in town, unless you eat like the priests do." The smith offered a big toothy grin, and helped carry Haido into the back of the establishment.

The building itself is single story, hewn stone joined by mortar, it is the only such building on the street. Entering through a wooden door in the back, you find yourselves in a dry storage room. Shelves and tables line the walls. "Clear that large table over there." Those not holding Haido go move sacks of flour and grain over to a convenient spot on the floor. Akiju and the blacksmith heft Haido's limp body onto the table. "I'll get Anfar M'loselon, the owner of this joint."

The blacksmith goes through the only other door into the room, towards the kitchens. The room is silent, save for the sounds of your breathing.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akijiu sighed, now Haido's health was out of his hands. He just had to sit back now and hope this turned out well. Akijiu took a seat on the floor, pulling Godien's sword from his belt and placing it in his lap.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Shawna growled slightly under her breath, her clothing was dirty and covered with blood again.

Shaking her head she turned and looked around the room.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

The Rulven Skull, huh? What a coincidence.

I suppose there's still plenty of time before our meeting for me to get some decent clothes and perhaps a coin or two.

Sitting back near Akujiu, he prepares to watch, feeling entirely too helpless.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

(Day 1 4/10)

The smith returned a few minutes later. Haido's breathing was slightly ragged, yet relaxed, as he lay sprawled across the table. Getting excited, the smith began to babble at you. "This guy really knows how to use magicks. I knew him to be more than a bartender, but I never fathomed just what he could do to fix somebody up, especially after a brawl.

"It was a few years ago that my young boy ran out to the back of my smithy, where me has my forge and tools. Not a place for the youngin, I'll tells ya that." His breath smelled slightly of ale as he spoke. "Well anyways, I was a-striken an axe head for one 'o the guards in town. Heh heh. Truth be told 'e was also a lumberjack too, used to get wood from beyond the farmland and cart it into town. But anyways, I was striken that hot iron, fresh from me forge, an' ma little boy comes running through the place, like he was chasing something. I'd already started swingin me trusty hammer and while I turned my head to yell at me son, my other hand musta moved over the hot axe head, as that was what me hit with me hammer."

Will he ever shut up?

Ashin quietly stands up, and leaves the room, politely not interrupting the smith in the process.

"I tried to get help from those darned hopsitalers, though they were busy doing something else. They said that it was not going to kill me and to come back when it does. I'll come back to show them! So I wander over here, cause I really needed an ale about then. I don't think I missed a single bone in me hand, and the burn was pretty ugly on my palm. I'm sittin' there, at the bar, and there's the owner, Anfar. He takes me to the back, says some funny words, and lo!" He shows you all the palm of his right hand. "Not even a scar!"

A relatively tall figure gracefully steps into the room. You can see that age has not touched this man well, nor has a razor. His beard must measure up over a yard, and he smells lightly of alcohol himself. Quietly, he says to the smith, "Funny words, huh?" Turning his attention to the table, you see for a moment something almost unreadable cross his face, followed immediatly by surprise. In a condemning voice, "Who is this freak and why have you brought him here?" As the shock wears off, you see he has placed his hands palms downward, and they are hovering over the freak's body as he begins whispering to himself.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Haido, and we brought him because otherwise he'd have died," Akijiu replied. "Can't just let someone die in the street, esspcially not before learnin' why he's like this..." Akijiu grinned. "Curiosity."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow hovered a bit farther away from the table, falling back into her standard role of being unseen and unheard, unnoticed, but remembering everythig said. After listening to the story, she moved a bit closer, watching the healing.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Anfar, his eyes happily twitching with acute concentration, pulls back any clothing anywhere near the cut. Blood has begun to pool on the table, dripping down to the floor underneath the freak's feet. With a smooth motion, Anfar places his left hand on Haido's chest and places his right in front of his mouth. He takes a deep breath and blows a cool white smoke that looks to stick to his hand, with a crystaline residue.

With a sigh, Anfar places his hand inside the wound, and begins fiddling around. You can't tell what he's doing, whether he's assessing something, or tying things up himself. Perhaps this healing thing wasn't all that after all. The smith looks on, with a surprised expression on his face.

Too astounded to talk, the smith keeps his mouth shut tighter than the grip Anfar holds on Haido's life. After a couple of minutes, Anfar stops digging around inside Haido and begins working with both hands, though any sort of needle or string have yet to make themselves evident.

In a raspy voice, "I'm glad you brought him in here, he was quite close to death, let me assure you." Turning around, he takes a deep breath and blows more of this white smoke on both hands. Dry washing them, bits of blood and dirt fall onto the floor. "It's much better than washing with mere water."

"Do you have some place for him to stay until he is better? I can keep an eye on him for a day or so, and he won't be walking anytime soon. I used parts of his own body to tie the wound shut, he will need to see me again before he can walk again." He is wearing black breeches with a fairly fancy white shirt. A black cloak is hanging on the wall.

"Oh, and before you take the guards their captain back, they can probably outfit you with some clothing that you can wear around town. I'd give you each a drink on the house, but would not allow you to sit in front with paying customers." Anfar turns and opens the door to the kitchens. Turning to face you while midway through the door, "You can give your answers to my friend here, as I've a bar to run."

He leaves without so much as saying 'goodbye'.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow shook her head, declining the offer, but it's not like anyone saw the motion or her anyway...
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

A young woman wearing tattered grey robe entered the bar, looking for a chance for a little money. Tucked under her robewas her harp. Old and badly needing of tuning it was the only thing she had to make a little money.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akijiu stood, watching, looking quite surprised. "That was....impressive..." he muttered when the man had gone.
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

The woman played bright tune and sang a whimiscal fable along with it. But when she was finished, she shook her clay bowl for tips...yet none came.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow barely heard Shawna- she was busy liberating a dagger from a drunkard who probably wouldn't need it anyway. Hiding the dagger under her loose black robe, she walked back over to shawna, silently as usual, tapped her on the arm, and nodded towards the door.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Waitaminute here..." Akijiu said. "The old man mentioned something about before we take the guards their captain back, they can probably outfit you with some clothing that we can wear around town...." he trailed off. "Now, between Haido being the only guy we have dragged around, and how the guards reacted when he said to sheath their weapons back when they confronted him. I think we may just have the Captain of the Guard right here. Then again, i could be wrong.."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow nodded, spoke quietly, "Yes, but I doubt he'd take kindly to me... but the cloth of my robe is strong. All it needs is a good wash. And all I need is a big stick to make a staff of this dagger."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadowblaze wrote:Shadow nodded, spoke quietly, "Yes, but I doubt he'd take kindly to me... but the cloth of my robe is strong. All it needs is a good wash. And all I need is a big stick to make a staff of this dagger."
"We saved 'im, of course he'll take kindly to 'im," Akijiu replied, before grinning. "And a dagger on a stick isn't a staff, its a spear."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Day 1 4/10

For the first time in many days, Haido slept. Unknowning that he was on a table in the back of the Rulven Skull. Unknowing that he would be unable to walk until Anfar undid the knots he tied in tendons and ligaments, to keep the wound closed. Haido was living a dream of dreams.

Meanwhile, Ashin is still on a hunt for something within the city.

Haido's wound looks like his skin was woven shut. Where anyone else woud place sutures and a bandage, a tapestry of skin marks a large blotch of his side. Most of it black and blue from bruising, a side effect of this 'sewing'. His breathing is steady, and there is no bandage atop the wound. Nor is there any seepage of blood, the wound is completely sealed.

The street is bustling with the midday traffic, the Rulven Skull playing host to only a few guests. Yourselves, plus a woman in tattered grey robes. While not heeding Anfar's warning about going into the front of the establishment, as some of you did, there is light music going unappreciated in the air. It may be too early to settle down for a tune, when evening would be more appropriate.

Much of the the talk in the bar is about this morning's Prayer and the lack of the Message. What could have befallen Luros, God of the Two Moons, to cause utter silence? The season of moonlight was drawing near, three days at most, where each moon would alternate with the other through the phases, and each moon would disappear into the starlit sky once each month.

Ashin is still out on his errands.

Other talk is normal banter over trading, late caravans from Samalad, and any number of other things. Rumor has it that Amaka Orteus, the self-proclaimed ruler of the realm, left for a distant land, to do battle there. In the meantime, she left her 'pet' in charge.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Shadow shook her head. "Not the way I do it. But I'll need more than one stick. And some string."
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Upon returning to the Rulven Skull, Ashin, holding a small bundle of clothes under-arm and dressed in a sturdy, green outfit consisting of trousers, shirt and cloak, goes around to the back door where the small party entered before and invites himself into the storeroom.

Eyes adjusting to the dimmer interior, he takes stock of the situation.

It looks like Haido is doing all right, at least.

That's good.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Spotting Shawna, he greets her: “Hello, Shawna.”

“I take it things went well with Haido...? Where are the others?”
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Shawna squinted into the light and smiled at Ashin, looking at his new clothing...

"I don't want to know how you managed to get all that without money..."

She turned to frown at Haido. "He will be fine, and it would seem that he is also the captain of the guards, a very...interesting idea."