[Bewere] A little help...

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Baphnedia

[Bewere] A little help...

Post by Baphnedia »

For those who are in need of help, there are a few things to understand about the way I post.

For example, the Undertaker in the first post (Day 1 1/10) is still reacheable, if you go out into the street and look for him. Likewise for the child. Names usually won't be given unless someone asks for them.

I'll be building a thread to cover the NPC cast, as names are introduced and whatnot - to help me keep NPCs straight (for all our collective memory).

I'll also update the character thread with more stats to better define your character (if you so desire). That way, when time comes to convert anything from here to tabletop, there won't be a whole lot to convert. What are your thoughts?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: A little help...

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia wrote:I'll also update the character thread with more stats to better define your character (if you so desire).... What are your thoughts?
The more information that I can use to refine my character, the better. I wouldn't mind some information about merits and flaws, if that's appropriate at this stage.

Unfortunately, even having read Nephyl's Heritage, I still don't know enough about your world to make a decent character background.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

That's fine - I'll be posting more information as I go along. The use of a system really makes this a bit more work on my end than I thought it would be.

Feel free to just start asking questions, and I'll answer with what I can (either by PM or whatever) to help you build a character background.

One reason why Nephyl's Heritage only helps marginally to the game here is that the location is far away on the game world.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia wrote:Feel free to just start asking questions, and I'll answer with what I can (either by PM or whatever) to help you build a character background.
Okay, here are a few to start with:

Other than those mentioned in your background post and Nephyl's Heritage, what are some of the emblems my character would be familiar with (such as that blue teardrop)?

Is the Rulven Skull in Ghulidalen similar to the one in Kar: a hangout for the Black Circle?

What can I expect in Ghulidalen as far as on-the-streets law enforcement, or whatnot? If any, how would I identify them?

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

In response:

The Rulven Skull is the only franchise tavern in all the world. Indeed, their menu is similar, but the buildings themselves are quite different.

The blue Teardrop is the symbol for Derdena, God of Trade, Wealth, and Water. Almost like Poseidon, except he prefers a differnet approach to things. Other heraldry has to get drawn. However:

The Black Circle is safely a LONG ways away. You don't need to worry about their doings for a long time. The magi guilds/clans/schools (however you group them) that make up the Plateau in Kar have their influence spread throughout the plane. Watch for descriptions there, as descriptions here might help make some conclusions on just what you're seeing.

Formal guards are few and far between. There is sort of a Pax Romana thing going on, though the magistrate (or person in an equivalent position) still has a few guards and a jail. There are a few weapons allowed on the street, so far as the weapons are kept hidden.

Guards are the only ones who carry weapons outside of their cloaks. Weapons are otherwise either not on you, or hidden. The guards usually wear simple brown cloaks that cover up their armor, most weild either a sword or an axe, and there is no standard issue equipment for the guards. They are little more than caravan guards who are taking a break from traveling, to get hired by the city. This fact is well known.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia wrote:The blue Teardrop is the symbol for Derdena, God of Trade, Wealth, and Water.
Okay, I didn't catch that because the background post said 'water pear' for Derdena's symbol. I suppose that was probably just a typo--is that right?

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Whoops. Yep. However, I will use some free liscence to describe certain things in slightly different ways. Looking back, 'water pear' is stretching it though.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Before I take action, is it just the three of us that are in that small group, or are there still some unconcious with us?

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Well, since we haven't had any more participation... I figure we can go ahead, and consider the rest in the pile to be dead - if they don't 'wake up' and join the game.

That doesn't mean that others can't join later, it just means that they will have a different set of options open to them for character background and development.

Also, as an aside (since I've already had to do it): If I delete your post in the character thread, that means that there was out of character content in it. Were you to edit it, and remove the out of character content, then the post would be wrong for editing it. So, if you don't delete the post, I will. It's nothing personal, I'm just pruning the in character thread to keep out of character statements/discussions out.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

yah...woops... none taken

I didn't realize that I could delete ..heh :oops:
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia wrote:The guards unsheathe their swords
Okay, just making sure, did Godian have his own sword?

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

yep