Wolves of Rome: "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Wolves of Rome: "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

“The Roman Empire is falling, enemies within and without threaten to tear her down. In the middle, a single pack of newborn werewolves is caught in a power struggle between two warring factions. The barbarian werebears and the werewolf Pack Lords who have taken control of the Roman senate in an attempt to arrest your glorious country’s decline. Now their lieutenant, Cornelius, has chosen your pack to swell the ranks of the Fist of lycaon, the werewolf enforcers who have kept order among the shape shifters since the days of Greece, but they are spread far to thin, the were bears continue to push inward, while Rome tears herself apart with debauchery and corruption. Even worse, something in happening in the sewers and cattombs beneath the city...vampire numbers are swelling, whats worse the blood drinking creatures are evolving. Always be on your guard.

Now the choice is yours, stand by the empire the werewolves have fought for centuries to build in their name, or claim power for yourself by any means necessary. And remember, there are far more terrible things than you that stalk the night, vampires, ghouls, sirens, and more. Not to mention humans who hunt your kind for sport or pleasure.

Glory to the Empire.”

A roleplay that takes place in the final years of the Roman Empire, told through the eyes of the true masters of the grand nation, the werewolves. Any werewolf character is allowed, within reason of course, the werewolf is a diverse creature, and the disease that causes the condition manifests itself in a thousand different ways, while some might transform completely in wolves another might walk upright and gain strength superior to any mortal beast, while one werewolf might develop immunity to any weapon other than silver, another might be as fragile as any human. In a similar vein, any PC may meet a terrible death, Rome is falling and werewolves aren’t the only monsters that stalk the night, so always think before you howl for something's blood. That human who spit on your face may not be a human at all, but something far more terrifying than you can ever imagine.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown
Mood: Disappointed

Re: Wolves of Rome: "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Post by Akuhyou »

Aw, dude. This looks like it would've been a really awesome RP. I'd love to take part, if you're interested in it that is.
Oh and that quote in your signature, I couldn't help but to laugh once I finished reading it.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Wolves of Rome: "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Post by DWDruid »

I think that this RP has great potential going for it. Just start off the story and people will gladly join.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010