Role play ideas

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Role play ideas

Post by silver1 »

Does anyone have any roleplay ideas :? Im kind of having a hard time coming up with anything. :(
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Role play ideas

Post by Wingman »

Well, what do you mean by ideas? Are you looking to start a roleplay on the forum, join a roleplay on the forum, something interesting to read, or are you looking to RPG videogames, or tabletop gaming systems, or what?

If you do happen to be looking for a roleplay here on the forum to join, I'm currently running one, the links are in my signature, you're welcome to check it out.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Im actually looking to start a roleplay on the forum,but i am having a hard time coming up with anything at the moment. Its actually been a long time since i have started a roleplay.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

Well, what do you mean by ideas? Are you looking to start a roleplay on the forum, join a roleplay on the forum, something interesting to read, or are you looking to RPG videogames, or tabletop gaming systems, or what?

If you do happen to be looking for a roleplay here on the forum to join, I'm currently running one, the links are in my signature, you're welcome to check it out
I agree with Wingman. You've got to give us more info on the specifics.

I mean, if you wanted to create an RP, there are a variety of factors to put into consideration:

The following is tips on RPing so I apoligize if you already understand many of these factors.

Setting:
This is typically the most basic of all RP's and stories and is, in my opinion, the #1 factor in making a good RP It may include, but is not limited to, moment-in-time, area story starts off, or dimension it is in (i.e.: magic is a common source of energy)

NPCs:
These are very important to the success (or failure) of an RP. A believable NPC will make a story interesting very quicky depending on the individuality between each NPC and how consistant the storyteller is with keeping them individual.

Template for RP:
This involves making the guidelines for the other active participants to follow. A very common basic format is:

Name:

Appearance:

Character History:

Character Personality:

Skills: (i.e.: hunting, agility, blacksmithing, etc...)

Even if you put this in Informal In-Character Role Playing, it is still a good idea to give a template so you don't get plagued with unneeded info that you never intended to coordinate into the RP (i.e.:how many plants they have)

Interlocking Character Histories:
While you needn't worry about this until later on in the RP, it is still a highly-important concept. A good storyteller must know how to combine anything; whether it be how there can be more than one type of lychanthrope in the same universe as another (if they are in the same universe) or how the history of one character directly (or indirectly) effects how another character came into being. This is often the most difficult part of the process because not only must you be creative and come up with a believable interlocking story, but you must also go through many compromises with nearly all of the active participants as many of them likely won't agree to have their character "manipulated" to fit the overall story.

Considering the options, I reccomend you work your way up to actually making a successful and enjoyable RP. Try starting out finding another RP that you would want to play (play if you want) and observe how others approuch their stories. Wingman, for example, seems to like to keep his part of the story open ended for the convenience of the characters (which, personally, I admire) while others like to keep the story more enclosed for the sake of it "making more sense". It completely depends on what your preferences are, however, as only your style of storytelling should be yours.

PS: Wingman currently has an RP running, as he has said. I think you should check it out............if your okay with the length.......*looks nervously at Wingman*
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

My roleplay is huge, don't act like you're not impressed. :D
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

His is way to complex for me :lol:
Besides Goliathe Dark i have already stated once before that i am planning on starting a roleplay of my own,but i am having a hard time coming up with one. :cry:

Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

Well, lets start from the base, then:

What time period is it in?

What places are you planning on going to in the RP; Alaska? Australia? Sahfoifjaosif (not a real place)?

It this in a straight-forward universe (the same universe as this one) or a slightly (or majorly) different one?

Just because you don't have an RP idea doesn't mean you don't have preferences, right?

By the way, Wingman. It is very impressive.....maybe too impressive.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

I am wanting it to be a post apocalyptic RP,where werewolves are being hunted and killed by a group of humans known only as the agency. you can play as a human working for the agency,werewolf,or a normal human(If you want your character to become a werewolf later in the RP). characters can die,but only if it is stated be they creator of said character. I'm still working on the setting,if anyone has any ideas for the setting let me know. :D
Btw i am still working on a title for it.