Test Scenes

The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Test Scenes

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well I figured I'd keep you all updated as I get things rolling already. Some scenes from the final film at this point will be going here. One of them is done already even though it says test on the slate. blah.

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene13.mov

or

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene13.wmv

I'll post a synopsis for the flick up soon. This is gonna be a funny horror.

Anthony Brownrigg
Last edited by ABrownrigg on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Downloading now - the synopsis skims well. :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

It wouldn't work for me. No sound or audio. Weird. :?
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, it should work now, try the wmv version.

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, it should work now, try the wmv version.

That looks awesome. I like the fact that you decided to put the camera far away from Jim. That adds something to the scene, though I'm not sure what. I like where you're going with this.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Putting the camera far away from Jim is really a psychological trick. Carl is the in your face person, and is the lead in this scene. Jim (who has no idea what he's doing in writing horror), feels far more isolated. i.e. "The poor shluck that has to deal with all this garbage that he doesnt want to".. putting him far away, shows that isolation.

Also, notice that Carl is a Pack Member, he wears it around his neck at all times. Just had to include that.

glad you liked it.

Anthony Brownrigg
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Putting the camera far away from Jim is really a psychological trick. Carl is the in your face person, and is the lead in this scene. Jim (who has no idea what he's doing in writing horror), feels far more isolated. i.e. "The poor shluck that has to deal with all this garbage that he doesnt want to".. putting him far away, shows that isolation.

Also, notice that Carl is a Pack Member, he wears it around his neck at all times. Just had to include that.

glad you liked it.

Anthony Brownrigg
Met Carl at A-kon. He is a cool guy!!! Wait...is Carl his real name? Or the name for the film Red Victoria?

I'm surprised he wears that Pack necklace all the time. I've been wearing mine to a couple of places. I can't wear it to work though. :(

This is an interesting scene. When the camera is on Jim, its like you're sitting where Carl is. Its not like that when the camera is on Carl.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

ABrownrigg wrote:Putting the camera far away from Jim is really a psychological trick. Carl is the in your face person, and is the lead in this scene. Jim (who has no idea what he's doing in writing horror), feels far more isolated. i.e. "The poor shluck that has to deal with all this garbage that he doesnt want to".. putting him far away, shows that isolation.

glad you liked it.

Anthony Brownrigg
What is his username, out of curiosity?

The fact that he's a pack member, and wears the necklace, is awesome. After both Freeborn and Red Victoria are out, people will start noticing a lot.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Actually, Carl is a Pack Member. Carl is the Character portrayed by Ed Landers. Ed was one of the writers on Freeborn by the way.

I'll let him give out user names should he wish it. hwlwnk
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Wow :o That sound good :D I hope it comes out here in St.Louis,but if not I've always wanted to travel anyways :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

ABrownrigg wrote:Actually, Carl is a Pack Member. Carl is the Character portrayed by Ed Landers. Ed was one of the writers on Freeborn by the way.

I'll let him give out user names should he wish it. hwlwnk

Cool!
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Very nice scene it was pretty funny. i am not a horror fan but i actually might check this one out.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Agreed; this puppy looks like it will be a good one. It's definitely going to be at the very least a cult classic when Freeborn makes it big, if it doesn't itself take off big time. It doesn't look like it was filmed on a $6500 budget; I would have pegged it many times over that.

And, I love the Pack reference. Good to see both Ed Landers and Anthony Brownrigg in action. Can't wait to see the whole thing.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Agreed; this puppy looks like it will be a good one. It's definitely going to be at the very least a cult classic when Freeborn makes it big, if it doesn't itself take off big time. It doesn't look like it was filmed on a $6500 budget; I would have pegged it many times over that.

And, I love the Pack reference. Good to see both Ed Landers and Anthony Brownrigg in action. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Yup. Can't wait to see it also. I havn't seen an entire film with ABrownrigg yet. All I seen is clips here and there.

I'm keeping an eye out for "The Promise" as well. I can't find any info on when and where its playing.

oh...I wonder if there is any more Pack references besides the necklace. :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm still looking for They Feed. They may, but I haven't yet.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'm still looking for They Feed. They may, but I haven't yet.
Last I heard...they are still looking for a distributor. I want to get a copy of that film on DVD.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Figarou wrote:I'm surprised he wears that Pack necklace all the time. I've been wearing mine to a couple of places. I can't wear it to work though. :(
Errrm.. Huh?!? Pack necklace? ??

Two questions:

1. How do I get a hold of one?

2. Gimme!!
:wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Actually,

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, that may be solved for you. Brownrigg has offered to give them to Pack members, free. He gave me mine a few months back at A-Kon in person, and I've worn it proudly since.

But, that offer was made back when there were only 30 or so; I'm not sure if he'll be able to make and distribute a thousand or so, especially with all the other things he's having to juggle to get the primary objective of Freeborn accomplished. Still, you're not just a post-once and run sort, so you're probably on the list, and Brownrigg and company are like genies when it comes to fulfilling wishes. (A werewolf movie done right? It's only a matter of time before he asks for our immortal souls in return or something.)

(turns around and looks at the moderators) Any updates on this? ??
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Actually,

Post by Vilkacis »

Scott Gardener wrote:(turns around and looks at the moderators) Any updates on this? ??
Not that I know of. I requested mine waaaaay back when I first hit a wopping total of 50 posts. I'm sure there are others who have been waiting even longer.

This is what I'm thinking:

Right now, the cost is coming out of ABrownrigg's own pocket, so he can probably only make a handful or two for the time being. Since he has so few, he can only really give them to Pack members he meets in person. The rest of us will probably have to wait until Freeborn gets major funding.

I, at least, would also wait until Freeborn was on more stable ground before distributing very many of them. As much as I hope for the success of this project, it seems to me that Freeborn might still fall through at any time. I'm sure there have been movies that have gotten even further than us before dying. We were brought in very early in the process.

The issue might not be either of those things, however. Perhaps it is just an issue of time. It seems to me that ABrownrigg must be a very busy person, so he probably just doesn't have the time right now to customize our ID cards and send these things off personally (not when there are so many who have probably requested them by now).

So... my bet is that they won't be sent out en masse until, at the very least, Freeborn gets its legs and starts running at a good clip.

Anyway, this is all speculation at this point. The only one who can answer that question is ABrownrigg himself.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Actually,

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Anyway, this is all speculation at this point. The only one who can answer that question is ABrownrigg himself.

-- Vilkacis

Hmmmm...this is what I know. The membership cards may be done by ABrownrigg or someone else. They will have some sort of 3-D sticker on it so no counterfeits can be made.

As for the necklace, yes, only he can answer that since he is in control of it.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I really like the test scene, looks like it will be a good movie.

may I w**** out my song-writing skills?

;)

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

The next scene is up, the one that happens right after the first one. This is the night that things start to go wanky for our poor lead character. Complete with Macbeth.

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene14.mov

or windows media

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene14.wmv
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:The next scene is up, the one that happens right after the first one. This is the night that things start to go wanky for our poor lead character. Complete with Macbeth.

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene14.mov

or windows media

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/rv/scene14.wmv

LOL!!! I can burp better than that!!! :lol:

I liked that scene!! I need to try that while staring at a clock. :wolfclock:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Haha, that was good. The burp sold it for me.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

This looks like such an awesome movie! I can't wait! I noticed the pack necklace on Carl, but I wasn't sure if it was one or not- very cool! 8) I liked the Macbeth thing on the second clip. In the middle of it, I experianced a slight power bump, lol. What I loved was that I was expecting the clock chime and then "Burp!!" :lol: That was great! :thumbsup:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)