Anthony Brownrigg.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Treatment for the Film

Post by ABrownrigg »

Red Victoria - TREATMENT

*******WARNING SPOILERS BELOW*********

A young magazine writer is tape recording an interview with Jim Simmons. Jim is one of the newest shining stars of horror, and has been compared to Stephen King. Jim is dark, and short in response, and the interviewer asks him how he seemed to jump from out of nowhere to become such a sought after horror writer. His first two scripts were critiqued as masterpieces, even though rumor had it that there was some big secret surrounding the two films. Jim smiles and tells his story.

THREE YEARS PREVIOUS

Jim is an obsessive compulsive writer with a background in classical drama. His previous works "Green Grass across the sunset", and "A time for remembrance".. have not been selling so well. His agent, frustrated tells him to write him a horror film (he can sell that for sure).. Jim is reluctant, He doesn't like horror, he doesn't understand horror. (opiate of the masses) as far as he's concerned. His agent prompts him however, and he agrees to at least try it despite his hate for the genre.

While pacing around his house one night with a bottle of sherry, trying to figure out what to write about, he notices a body under the covers in his bedroom. He freaks out a bit as he pulls down the covers and finds a dead girl under them. She looks like she's been dead for quite some time, and looks partially mutilated. He quickly goes to dial the police, but finds that the phone has been disconnected. As he tries to figure it out, the girl gets up out of bed. Walks over to him and informs him casually that she cut the phone line..

When she finally gets him to calm down, (mainly because her intestines are hanging out).. She informs him that she is his muse and editor, and is here to guide him through the rules of horror. He figures he is drunk and after passing out, and waking up the next morning. He realizes that it's only a dream. (thank god)... When she shows up again at his morning coffee shop, he realizes that only he can see her.

His appointment with his therapist follows almost immediately.

His therapist informs him that he's overworked, and needs to give up on this horror film thing. Jim finally agrees, and decides to quit.. While thanking his doctor he notices that he's not moving a whole lot, and blood is starting to pour from his lips. He looks behind and sees that a machete is thrust through the back of the chair and the therapist is now dead. Suddenly Victoria is behind him again.. and informs him. "The first rule of horror is that the first mistake you make, is the only one you can't take back. ".

Now Jim must finish the script to Victoria's approval. The alternative is watching victoria kill all those around him in gruesome ways.. (all part of illustrating horror for Jim)...

Jim contacts a friend of his, Carl. Carl is an avid horror fan and gives Jim advice. When Victoria suddenly shows up during the conversation however, it becomes apparent that Carl can also see her. Victoria has now moved from an imaginary being to a supernatural one. Victoria likes carl and promises not to kill him because of his respect for the horror genre. Carl, being completely desensitized to gore and violence in general seems thrilled to meet a real life zombie. A reaction that makes poor Jim cringe even more.

Carl and Victoria begin to try to educate Jim on Horror. Jim wants no more deaths, but Victoria has set the rules. She can't be held accountable for people that are stupid, and she has the rights to kill an occasional bystander just for kicks.

Jim manages to find refuge in a church and brings Carl there. He convinces Carl to help him find a way to stop Victoria who has already been killing various people around Jim. Carl is hesitant but after Jim informs him of how popular he would be on the chat rooms as a real life zombie killer, Carl agrees. He begins to find ways to stop her.

Carl finds a VooDoo cleansing ritual that might just work and gives it to Jim. While jim is busy one night in his kitchen with a raw chicken, and various other spices, his agent shows up at his house with a distribution deal. Jim tries to get him to go away, but just before he can, Victoria shows up. Only this time, Victoria now appears as an attractive human female complete with a dumb blonde persona. Jim is shocked at seeing Victoria this way, but the Agent is more than pleased to meet her.

Jim and Carl talk business, Jim is eager to sign anything just to get his agent out the door. While they are talking Victoria enters with a plate of cooked chicken (which smells terrible), and happily announces she cooked chicken just the way that Jim likes it. (she shoots a glaring expression of knowledge at Jim). Realizing he is caught he tries to go with the flow. Victoria plopping into his lap and giggling as his agent tries to get Jim to sign a deal which is horribly unfair to Jim. Victoria makes some minor complains about how little money Jim will get, but the agent informs her that its best to let the men handle things. Victoria glares at him, and Jim immediately grabs a pen to sign the deal and get the agent out of the house. Before the agent can sign however, he loses control of his own hand, and instead of signing the document, he very reluctantly slams his pen into his own eye, shoving it into his brain. He dies right there, and Victoria rips up the contract. "That was a demoralizing deal".

Jim has tricked her however, and already had a complete plate and another chicken ready to go for the ritual, he quickly surrounds himself with salt and starts chanting. Victoria tries to get him to stop, but can't get past the salt, as she complains, Jim finishes the in-cant, and she vanishes. Jim is thrilled that it worked, and finally his own nightmare is over. As the weeks pass, Jim begins to get his life back in order.

One day Jim is talking to an intellectual friend of his Dimitri. He is talking about the horrific experience, and Dimitri informs him that it might make a fascinating essay on human nature, and the philosophical implications of losing your own sense of morality. Jim agrees, and thinks it might work now that he no longer has to write any horror. Dimitri and him exchange pleasantries and Dimitri gets up and leaves. As Jim gets the check, he notices a message written on the back. "Rule number fifteen, people too smart for their own good must die". Jim's eyes widen as he rushes out the door to find Dimitri crossing the street to his car. Jim calls out for him, and he stops and turns. Just then Dimitri is hit by a truck. Jim stares in shock as suddenly Victoria appears next to him.

"Hmm, the interesting thing is did I do that? Or did you do that by asking him to stop. The philosophical implications are just mind- boggling". She giggles and bounces out of frame to leave Jim in a shocked stupor.

She's back.

Jim immediately calls Carl and informs him its time to get the other method ready that he had been researching. Carl informs him it was a large knife that in a museum that is supposed to send restless spirits back to hell. Jim tells Carl to just get it, and he would keep Victoria busy.

Victoria knows full well that they are planning something and informs Jim that his other attempt didn't really work. But she thought he had been working hard, and deserved a little vacation. She tells him its time to get back to work writing.

Jim continues trying to write, all the while Victoria is killing anyone that interferes with his work. Jim is almost at his wits end when Carl finally manages to pass the knife to Jim at the church they meet at.

Jim has tried to find out more about Victoria but has been unable too. So far everything she has told him has been true, everything has come to pass.

One night Victoria enters Jim's room while he's working. Jim spins around with the knife and starts towards Victoria who starts backing away from him looking confused, and telling him to stop. Jim lunges out and stabs Victoria dead in the chest. She gurgles and screams. He throws her to the bed, and begins hacking at her wildly with the knife, finally lodging it in her throat. Jim, covered in blood backs away from the bed out of breath, and spins around only to find Victoria standing in the doorway looking sadly at him. Jim looks at her confused as she tells him that she promised she wouldn't kill him, and she kept her word. Jim's eyes widen as he turns and finds that the person on the bed is Carl, slashed to death.

Jim breaks down in crazed sorrow. He pulls the knife from Carl and immediately lunges at the real victoria. Victoria doesn't even flinch as the knife goes into her. She looks down at it and tells him again, that he can't hurt her. she slowly pulls the knife out and drops it. Jim sinks to the floor in defeat.

While Victoria is telling him how she has always kept her word, and how the rules work, Jim has a sudden inspiration. His eyes crazed as he goes to his dresser and pulls out a gun, and points it at her. She laughs at him, until he turns the gun on himself.

Now Victoria looks nervous.

Jim smiles wide, with nothing more to lose. He laughs at her as he finally figured out her secret. He can't kill her, but he can kill himself. He's her portal, he's her way of living through him. Victoria is screaming at him to stop this nonsense, but Jim only smiles at her and says. "Fade out". He pulls the trigger and his brains splatter into the room.

As Jim hits the floor, his eyes open. He blinks a few times and looks around the room, only now he's back in his kitchen on the first night that he found Victoria. He sees the empty bottles on the counter. He laughs almost in tears as the entire thing has been a dream to him. He looks at his laptop across the room and almost in triumph goes to write all this down. Only then does he notice words already on his screen.

"You didn't think I'd let you off that easily did you?"

Jim's face pales, his eyes glaze over, and he begins to laugh maniacally as Victoria's hands slide over his shoulders. His laughter is crazed as she sits down next to him, and finally states.

"Now, let's begin"

Jim continues laughing as he starts to type.

THREE YEARS LATER

The interviewer stares wide eyed at the dark looking Jim. He informs him that its a fantastic story, (if it really happened at all). Jim answers his questions that she came back for the sequel too. The interviewer seems glad to find out the 'secret' about both projects. But Jim shakes his head and tells him that's not the secret. As the interviewer asks what the secret is, he suddenly feels hands on his shoulder, and Victoria leans down and kisses him on the cheek. Jim smiles now working in tandem with Victoria as he answers.

"The secret is, it's really a trilogy"

Jim stands up, looming over the horrified interviewer with Victoria as the frame cuts to black.

END
Last edited by ABrownrigg on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

*cough* Since the post I made in the other thread refer's to this one, it's only fair that I say that the test scene is something I like. Would you have something available for some film fests?

I'll stop now on this, my latest forum conundrum.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Damn. :o That sounds awesome!! I am looking forward to this so much. This sounds like my kind of horror movie!

Questions:

1. When (ballpark estimate) do you anticipate it to come out?

2. What kind of release would it be? Limited or Nationwide?

Thanks!
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

The film will be finished before the end of the year, we're shooting now, and already posting as we go.

What kind of release will depend on the two distributors that are waiting for it. Everyone is in a wait and see mode.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Sounds good. I live in a smaller town, so if it's limited release I'll probably end up buying it or renting it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Woo Hoo!! I can't wait to see this film!! I hope I can see it in my home town. When/if it goes to the theaters. Can you please tell us what type of release this film will be once its done? (Limited) (Wide) (Select cites)

Do a good job on the DVD when the time comes!! :D
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I think you're gonna be happy Fig. Glad you're a part.

Anthony Brownrigg
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oh cool! I'm not even a fan of horror movies, but I may just have to see this one. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:I think you're gonna be happy Fig. Glad you're a part.

Anthony Brownrigg

Yup!! I don't have that CASHEL Entertainment poster in my home theater room for nothing you know!!

Hmmmm...Now I tempted to hang a Red Victoria movie poster next to it!! Signed by you, of course!! :grinwiggle: :duckiemind:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

It will definatly be seen by myself and hopefully I can get my family to go and see it too :roll:

This is just another thing for Figarou to add to his already BIGcollection :clown:
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:o I cant wait to see it! 8)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Cool. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Got any screenshots of Victoria?
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

Wow, that actually scared me when I read it, especially the...details...But from the trailer, it looks incredible. I'm just not sure who I'll see it with - hopefully my Dad is willing to go see a horror film with me. Hope I won't be too scared. But Victoria sounds awesome, I'm glad I read the spoilers first, so I can at least expect that there will be some..vivid scenes. Am I right? :?
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

It's not so much scary as it is intense. It starts out pretty funny then gets progressively darker. Was a great movie. :D
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

Was a great movie...? Have you already seen it?
:?
Another question:
Would a 15 year old be alright sitting through it, as the movie gets darker and a bit more intense?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Did this thread just materialize? Looks like it's been here, but how could I have missed it? It opens with a synopsis of the movie, complete with spoilers and ending. (The movie as I saw it at A-Kon last year does seem to have changed a little bit, though not by much.) Was it first only available to those who helped fund the initial $3500 or so? (I deeply regret by now not having been part of that.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Nah, I had nothing to do with funding or whatever, but remember reading this thing like, over a year ago. :) Poor Scott :wink: