The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Re: Red Victoria DVD release premier

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Oh I must get RV I missed it at both showing's at A-KOn :( I hope I can get a copy soon enough :jester: I keep hearing nothing but good reviews about it!
l0b0h0mbre
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by l0b0h0mbre »

Now I get to see if I can get copies for my stores movie section. Is there a product number I can give to the music and movie managerto order this? :howl:  :oo
The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma. - Abraham Lincoln
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

The distributor for RV is kurventertainment.com. Hope that helps!
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
dawnskies
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Major Fan Diva

Post by dawnskies »

Baphnedia wrote:The distributor for RV is kurventertainment.com. Hope that helps!
Not anymore,

Their new distributors WellgoUSA wants to call it Writers Cramp, that title has no basis on the movie what so ever, and I do not know why the change is wanted. There is so much in the title alone that is expressed in the movie. Well the fans are fighting back, a plea so to speak. I don't believe the distribution company should be able to do this(even though I know it is their right) with as much following as this movie already has. I believe that once the movie has a title,, especially when so much has been put online under that name, that is appropriate to the writer/director, It should be that name, as it is their movie!

I have started a petition to urge the distributors to leave the name as it was given, and what it has been for the last 2-3 years. So many interviews, reviews, website postings, that have been done, those will mean nothing if it is changed. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I had to try. It may/may not be changed, but this movie deserves the chance to keep the creativity that made RV what it is today.

So I am begging you all as fans of the independent work, cast and crew of independent work, to please go read and sign the petition. This could affect you some day. Would you want this done if this was your movie? Please at least read it, sign it if you are in agreement that this should not be changed. It will ask for a name and an email. No one will contact you by email, it is just to verify that this is a real person. I have set it to where no one can get your email address, not even me. It is just for the verification process. The petition is located below....
www.petitiononline.com/redvic08

Thank you for all your help, DVD is to be released Feb 14, 2009!!!
How can I think outside of the box, when they wont even let me out of it!
We Won! RED VICTORIA's name will not be changed!!!! Thank you to all who helped!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Writers Cramp? Oh good god.... :roll:

Signed.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

:blink:
Signed.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Signed that puppy in a heartbeat!

Why do you think Director's Cuts are so popular in the first place? If studios would just let their creative forces work, without fiddling, think of how many better movies there'd be.

"Writer's Cramp"? Where the crap did that title originate?

And, what about Freeborn? What have you done with Anthony Brownrigg!?! Where is he?!? Is he over in Iraq or Afghanistan, or some undisclosed location, engaging in some classified military film-making operation?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Scott Gardener wrote: And, what about Freeborn? What have you done with Anthony Brownrigg!?! Where is he?!? Is he over in Iraq or Afghanistan, or some undisclosed location, engaging in some classified military film-making operation?

The werewolves found out Anthony was making Freeborn, and the plot was just a little too close to home, so they had a heart to heart with him.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Now, hold on. I had heard he was getting real werewolves to help make the movie. It would save a bundle on post-production effects.
dawnskies
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Major Fan Diva

Post by dawnskies »

So to everyone who signed it, Thank you so much!! It made a difference!!!

Just wanted to inform you all of this, that WellgoUSA was absolutely floored by all the comments posted on the petition site, they had quite a few phone calls and were informed about the petition, and decided to check it out themselves, so now I don't even have to send it in. Just as I had said, they had absolutely no idea the fan base and all the existing information online with regards to reviews, interviews, or the award it had won at TFW in 08!

I was notified Friday at the Halloween Party, that RED VICTORIA will remain as it was named by Tony. It will not be changed!! They could not believe how something that had shown at several screenings just this year, had made such an impact this soon. So with all the info they were informed of, including the petition and some had sent them a list of websites where they could read more into it, they decided that it would only be detrimental to the movie if it was changed.

Red Victoria in its entirety with all of the new exciting changes to the dvd menus and title sequences, will be released Feb 14, 2009. So Be on the look out and BUY THE MOVIE!!!!
How can I think outside of the box, when they wont even let me out of it!
We Won! RED VICTORIA's name will not be changed!!!! Thank you to all who helped!
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

:o Sweet!
I wasnt sure they would even consider it!

Great news. :D

If you ever talk to 'em, gotta let them know I and the other fans thank them:D
:howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wa-hoo! Really glad it keeps its original name. That's a huge relief. I'm also looking forward to its large-scale DVD release. My Kurv Entertainment copy will be a collector's item! People might think it's a bootleg, except for the autographs.

So, any special release versions, or better yet, a high-def transfer on Blu-Ray, with 7.1 audio? I know it wasn't even recorded in 7.1 audio, but there's always up-mixing and remastering.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I don't know about any special release versions m'self. I AM glad that my feedback was in line with everyone else's. I never saw the petition, but certain Brownriggs know exactly where I stand (which is with y'all).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Well just looked on myspace at AB profile and you can now pre-order RV

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... 7f4e436ea4

hope that link works... :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190919/

4.0?? Ouch!!

I just saw the trailer. I'd like to see the entire movie, but I don't how well the movie is distributed in Europe.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190919/

4.0?? Ouch!!

I just saw the trailer. I'd like to see the entire movie, but I don't how well the movie is distributed in Europe.
What's interesting to note is that, if you look at the graph of who voted what, the people that gave it perfect 10s are the majority, then there's a smaller cluster of 9s, 8s, 7s, all the way down into a very small minority of 3s and 2s, until finally you get a big mass of 1s. And if you look at the graph they give you of who voted what, you can also see there's no middle ground whatsoever -- every age group either gave it big numbers or crap numbers.

You can't use a website like IMDB that lets anyone weigh in and rate it hold any weight, especially not because websites like that are trolled by thousands of angsty little shytes that haven't even seen the movie but think its funny to give 1s to anything because it's Indie or doesn't have Adam Sandler in it or whatever (I know people that said Heist 2 was a horrible movie just because they knew Zac Efron was in it (and BTW, Zac has about five lines in that movie before he blows up)).

Me, I do plan to hunt down a DVD for myself as well. Probably won't be easy on account of my lack of work or funds, but I'm still going to make the effort for sure.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

A lot of morons do populate IMBD.
:P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Silverclaw wrote:A lot of morons do populate IMBD.
:P
*nods* And since Red Victoria currently only has 100-odd reviews, the morons make up a good chunk of its present reviews.

The fact that the sample review gives it glowing remarks should be enough to balance the 3.7 rating it currently has. The only thing really killing its IMDB rating is its lack of exposure; if it can get that (which I'm sure it will eventually), then it should eventually earn the rating it deserves.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

The IMDB scaling system, sucks in many ways. ifyou go by votes alone, we're at a 7.5

BUT,

The good thing, lots of tens and lots of ones. not much middle ground. That means we're hitting our market. No film is for everyone, if everyone had given fives or sixes.. we'd have no way of guaging if we're hitting a market. The ones that gave it a one? they wanted a slasher film, topless chicks, and tons of blood.. this film isnt for them.. On that level RV sucks...

Most of our Reviews online at various websites have been astoundingly positive. Fangoria gave it a mediocre review after the distributor sent it to them with nothing but a 'horror movie shocker' attached to the letter. The reviewer even states. "this film is being billed as a straight up chiller". .. which it's not.. on that level, again it fails.

Its a dark comedy about horror, not really a horror film at all.. BUT, it has done some amaizing success in more mainstream markets.

Either way, it was still fun. :)

AB
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I'd like to announce that the IMDB-score is now at 3,8...

Its sad to see so many people sack independent movies like that.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.