Red Victoria DVD release premier

The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red Victoria DVD release premier

Post by ABrownrigg »

February 23rd, at Texas Frightmare Weekend.

So far the reviews have all been astounding. And we're taking that into texas frightmare with plans of having an investor party for the Freeborn budget. This is why I did red victoria in the first place.

4/5 stars from Matt Mungle
9/10 stars from Horrormovies.ca
3/4 stars from Arrow in the head.

The MATT MUNGLE REVIEW... 4/5 stars

So what images come to mind when you think "Zombie flick"? If you are like me you picture a mass of humanity roving aimlessly with vacant stares and slow, shuffling strides. They wear ragged clothing and the only emotion is a guttural moan from time to time. This is what I used to think; and then I met Red Victoria. This film does for zombie's what Silence of the Lambs did for your average psycho. It gives us a character version that is smart, sophisticated and wickedly cunning. All with a slight hint of seduction, and if you dare say so, likeability. That is important to a genre that before possibly only appealed to a select group of film goers. But Victoria, even though you know she has to be vile and wicked at the core of her motivation, is at the same time endearing. She's the bad girl that you can't say no to. And this makes her appeal to the viewer much wider and for the other character's, far more dangerous.
The film is about Jim (Anthony Brownrigg). He is a nice guy who writes nice stories. Nice stories that don't sell. So when he is prompted to pen something in the horror genre it is clear he doesn't have the guts for it. What he needs is a muse. What he gets is something far more than your average inspiration partner. He gets Victoria (Arianne Martin). Dressed in a red and black bustier with a voice and manner that is cool and even, this Victoria's secret is that while prim and proper on the outside she is all zombie at heart. The problem is that by the time Jim realizes this, the darker his world has become. He now has to find a way to write his story while saving his friends from Victoria's calm, but brutal wrath.

This film is not only a boost to the Zombie genre but the Indie film world as well. As the credits role you see the same 3 or 4 names appear for everything. When Arianne isn't on camera she is probably holding one up. Likewise, Brownrigg not only writes, directs and stars in the movie he is associated with everything from wiring to lighting to catering. It is the heart and soul of the Indie world. All hands on deck and everyone do what needs to be done for the finished project. There is no room for pampering. But many times with a limited staff the final outcome suffers. Not the case here. Red Victoria stands her ground as a solid piece of movie making.

New comers like Edward Landers show that untapped talent combined with a heart for acting can bring about a stellar performance. Landers plays Jim's best friend Carl who is a horror aficionado and is thrilled to have a real zombie in their midst. He is the comic relief and adds much humor to each scene he is in. But the unarguable star of this endeavor is Mrs. Martin. She truly makes her Zombie smooth and sophisticated and hopefully a prototype for the female living-dead of the future. Sometimes it is as subtle as a tilt of her head or turn of the body. These actions give Victoria the personality that you remember. But under that seductive smile and twinkle in her eye is a sinister brooding. It is a darkness that deepens as the film progresses. And Arianne moves through each level perfectly.

Red Victoria is not yet rated but does contain adult material. Though comedic at times and often tongue and cheek it is a horror film. Some adult language, strong horror and scary images make it geared for older audiences. I highly recommend you seeing this film the first opportunity you get. Granted it will be in limited viewing due to its Indie nature but keep it on your radar. I would be surprised if this isn't picked up soon and marketed to more theaters. It deserves its shot at larger audiences. I give Red Victoria a well earned 4 out of 5. It is a positive improvement for the genre and an impressive venture for the Indie realm.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Red-Ray

Post by Scott Gardener »

I want the DVD so I can start showing this puppy off as soon as I can. But I really want a high def copy in the long run. Maybe a certain muse can have a hand in settling the Blu-Ray vs. HD DVD format war once and for all.

Meanwhile, I'd also like to get extra copies of the DVD for some of my friends. Your cult fan base is getting ready to bloom.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Here's the new poster.

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

:o I want one. I WANT ONE!!!!

I have a movie poster frame waiting to be filled!!! I plan on putting it in my home theater room next to my Cashel Entertainment poster.

:D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Red-Ray

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I want the DVD so I can start showing this puppy off as soon as I can. But I really want a high def copy in the long run. Maybe a certain muse can have a hand in settling the Blu-Ray vs. HD DVD format war once and for all.

Meanwhile, I'd also like to get extra copies of the DVD for some of my friends. Your cult fan base is getting ready to bloom.

Read this!!

I was very tempted on getting an HD-DVD stand alone player. But I decided to get the HD-DVD add on for the Xbox 360 instead.

Nice player. But its going to be useless soon. I better hurry into Gamestop and trade that sucker in!! It'll get to a point where they'll stop accepting those!!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Horror?!?

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll avoid the temptation to go off-topic here, and instead start a new topic over in the "non-were-related."

I may be able to make it to the Red Victoria DVD premiere at Texas Frightmare Weekend. Not sure yet, but maybe. If so, it'll just be me. Cathey voices her support, but going to a horror festival when we've already had three exclusive viewings of the movie is kind of a hard sell for her. I'll admit my main interest in going is Red Victoria itself and those of you involved--Anthony and company, Fig as one of the producers, etc. I'm not that interested in a horror festival per se. Still, I think I could enjoy it a little.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Horror?!?

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'll avoid the temptation to go off-topic here, and instead start a new topic over in the "non-were-related."

I may be able to make it to the Red Victoria DVD premiere at Texas Frightmare Weekend. Not sure yet, but maybe. If so, it'll just be me. Cathey voices her support, but going to a horror festival when we've already had three exclusive viewings of the movie is kind of a hard sell for her. I'll admit my main interest in going is Red Victoria itself and those of you involved--Anthony and company, Fig as one of the producers, etc. I'm not that interested in a horror festival per se. Still, I think I could enjoy it a little.

This will be my 1st time going to one. Might as well look around and see the stuff they have.

Can't WAIT to meet Elvira!! She's going to be there over the weekend!!!

Here is her schedule!!

http://www.elvira.com/schedule.html

http://www.elvira.com
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I thought she just died? ??
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:I thought she just died? ??
Died? no.

Getting old? Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Ah, ok, I was thinking of Vampira. She died in Jan.
dawnskies
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Major Fan Diva

Post by dawnskies »

So I am the only one who got to buy the DVD at TFW? That movie rocks in so many ways, for those of you nearby and you skipped it, sooooo sorry. We had planned on buying the movie just off what we saw in the trailer. I just knew this was going to be a great one, and it completely surpassed that!! I have a friend on myspace called The Dhampir that got an 10 question Q&A with Anthony Brownrigg and Arianne Martin. Site for interviews are below....

Interview with Anthony Brownrigg

Interview with Arianne Martin

If you haven't seen the trailer, it is included in both interviews, go check them out!! Thanks.

:headbanger: :thumbsup: :lovebone:
How can I think outside of the box, when they wont even let me out of it!
We Won! RED VICTORIA's name will not be changed!!!! Thank you to all who helped!
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

That was a great interview with Anthony. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

dawnskies wrote:So I am the only one who got to buy the DVD at TFW?

Nope.

I gots my copy!!! :grinp:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Anthony. Well done. I hope this gets things rollin for ya. Bigger budgets, more attention, and of course, the attention of people with money :D
Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

is it any way for someone in Norway to get the movie? :D
I really want to see it :D :wink:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, Ive just been informed that I'm flying to LA next month to screen the film at 20th cent fox studios, for talks about a possible theatrical release, and upcoming projects including Freeborn.

We'll see what happens.

AB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Hellz yeah! :D

2oth Century Fox Studios right? Not some studio just called 20th Cent Fox right? :P :wink: lol

8) :howl:  :oo 8)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Sweet! Go get em! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, Ive just been informed that I'm flying to LA next month to screen the film at 20th cent fox studios, for talks about a possible theatrical release, and upcoming projects including Freeborn.

We'll see what happens.

AB
Cool! Let us know what happens after that.
Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, Ive just been informed that I'm flying to LA next month to screen the film at 20th cent fox studios, for talks about a possible theatrical release, and upcoming projects including Freeborn.

We'll see what happens.

AB
wow cool! :D
I really hope it will be a theatrical release :D :howl:  :oo
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ok, thanks to our wonderful Scott and and his lovely mate Kathy, I finally have a Red Vic dvd.( yays!!! :3 )
I didn't get to see it at a-kon last year because I couldn't find the room until it was almost over. It was great to see it with the finishing effects! (though I was sad to see the hentai-fest scene cut, I'd hoped it might be on the special features)
In any case, post-production polishing really jazzed it up. My only complaint was Vic going skull face. That felt hokey. Cg can quickly turn a good movie B (Grave Dancers was one like that. It wasn't too bad until the end where they got chased by a giant cg corpse face) But one gripe out of an entire movie is pretty good. (especially since I don't know anything about the industry, that critique was based entirely on personal preference.)
I think the scene where the "who dies first?" friend dies was a wonderful transition.
It's funny, in any other movie, I would have hated the very end scene, but for some reason, Vic pulls it off really well. I credit that to not overacting it.

The real thing that made this movie a gem, though was Silver's brilliant acting! XD
Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

PariahPoet wrote:Ok, thanks to our wonderful Scott and and his lovely mate Kathy, I finally have a Red Vic dvd.( yays!!! :3 )
I didn't get to see it at a-kon last year because I couldn't find the room until it was almost over. It was great to see it with the finishing effects! (though I was sad to see the hentai-fest scene cut, I'd hoped it might be on the special features)
In any case, post-production polishing really jazzed it up. My only complaint was Vic going skull face. That felt hokey. Cg can quickly turn a good movie B (Grave Dancers was one like that. It wasn't too bad until the end where they got chased by a giant cg corpse face) But one gripe out of an entire movie is pretty good. (especially since I don't know anything about the industry, that critique was based entirely on personal preference.)
I think the scene where the "who dies first?" friend dies was a wonderful transition.
It's funny, in any other movie, I would have hated the very end scene, but for some reason, Vic pulls it off really well. I credit that to not overacting it.

The real thing that made this movie a gem, though was Silver's brilliant acting! XD
aww I want to see this movie so badly! :o
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re:

Post by Terastas »

We'll see what happens.

AB
:jawdrop:

Ooh! Ooh! Tell about! Tell about! Er. . . :behappy: I mean, like, if you can, of course. Dang studios and their secrecy clauses. :grinp:
Baphnedia

Re: Red Victoria DVD release premier

Post by Baphnedia »

I don't mind the secrecy... but I do need to find a place from where to buy RV (my friends were harassing me for a copy yesterday)... :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Red Victoria DVD release premier

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wow! How the [squeeky!] did I miss this thread? More importantly, how did it go? Does this mean that I'll soon be seeing Red Vic on the big screen again, but this time with the first few notes of the Star Wars soundtrack? Not the "Da! Da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-doot-da-da..." but the "Dunt, da-da-da, dadadadadadadadadada Dunt da-da-da!" And, if so, will it also include the "Da-da-da-da! (bumpedyba) Da-da-da-da! (bumpedyba) Da-da-da-da!" ?

This is huge! This is enormously huge! This is completely awesome!