The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
The Dhampir
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Horror Opinionator

An Interview with Arianne Martin

Post by The Dhampir »

The Dhampir, which happens to be Moi! Has been fortunate once again, this time I managed a 10 question Q & A with Arianne Martin. Here it is....

TD: How'd you get involved with Red Victoria?

AM: Tony [*Brownrigg] was working on the "Freeborn" trailer, and a friend of mine caught wind that he needed someone with "cool eyes". He sent Tony a picture of me and I was cast. He ended up giving me a few lines, and found out I could act (surprise, surprise--haha). Two weeks later, I got a call from Tony about a feature he had just written right after meeting me, called Red Victoria...and the rest is history.

TD: What was it like working with Tony as an actor and director/writer?

AM: Well, I was constantly trying to get him out of his trailer! (JK)
No, Tony is awesome. I would work with him again and again. He is very talented and it was an honor to get to be in this project. The only thing this film needed was an A.D. [Assistant Director] Haha. They are the ones that keep the film on schedule, but I see you ask that in the next question.

TD: The project took a while to shoot, how was the shooting Schedule?

AM: It was very spontaneous and last minute. Which is fine with me, because that's they way I naturally am. There were some days that we would have to wait all day because the clouds weren't right, or we changed something in the script and would have to re-shoot. It was loads of fun! It took a long time to finish, but in the long run it was definitely worth it.

TD: Victoria, is quite emotionless and proper, smug at times. How similar are the two of you?

AM: I would hope I wasn't anything like Victoria! I'm actually just a big, goofy dork. But, I do think everyone has a dark side, and as an actor, you have to be able to find that place in yourself.

TD: Was the "Seduction" scene (see below) awkward?

AM: Eh, only the kissing part at first. But in the end, it's a job and you get over it. :)

TD: Was the make up ever a problem, and how long did it take to apply?

AM: The traditional Red Victoria makeup wasn't so bad. Tony specifically made a water based mix to keep my skin from being under too much torture. It was really the intro (see below) scene when you first see me that was the most painful. It was so heavy and almost claustrophobic. I'm so glad that was only one day.

TD: This film should be quite successful, has fan appreciation surprised you?

AM: It's been awesome. I've seen it a million times, but with every screening it's like a new experience because of the audience.

TD: What did you think of the fact that about halfway through the film, you appear less as Victoria and more as Arianne?

AM: Well, I think Victoria is always Victoria in the film. However, as far as her being in her original form, I do think in the very first script she was that way the entire time. But after we started to really understand the characters and the story, we felt it was necessary that as Jim became more comfortable with death, the more 'physically' alive she became.

TD: Does knowing that you could potentially be the next iconic horror character, and female at that effect you at all, have you given it any thought?

AM: ...no, not really. That would be scary...but kinda cool.

TD: Do you know if you'll have any input on the script for the sequel?

AM: Maybe not the first draft, but I guarantee my input will be in there somewhere!

TD:You're in the trailer for Freeborn, will you be in the film as well and what can you tell us about the film, or any other projects you may have coming up?

AM: I'm not sure. I would love to be a part of Freeborn! It's a great story and in Tony's hands it will be a success. We'll see when the time comes! As far as future projects, I've got a few on the burner that I am working on with my husband and his company Striped Socks Productions. (http://www.myspace.com/stripedsocksproductions)
(striped-socks.com)

The Dhampir would like to send his sincerest thanks to Arianne for taking the time out of her day and schedule to answer these questions. I'd also like to encourage everyone to go out and see this film as soon as possible!!!

The Dhampir

* Italicised type indicates The Dhampir's Notes.

( Originally posted on The Dhampirs Myspace http://www.myspace.com/thedhampirsview )
Be who you are!