The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
The Dhampir
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Horror Opinionator

9 Questions with Ed Landers

Post by The Dhampir »

I, The Dhampir, have been quite fortunate of late! Managing to get interviews with the cast members of Red Victoria! Here I have one with Edward Landers,

who plays Carl in the film. This was Edwards first interview which wasn't done, or filmed by Anthony Brownrigg, who, if you've been paying attention, wrote, directed and starred in the film. The Dhampir feels honored and fortunate to be the first to interview him! In the film he plays Carl the "Horror Movie Fanatic".

INTERVIEW: 9 QUESTIONS W/ ED LANDERS OF RED VICTORIA!!!!
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

I, The Dhampir, have been quite fortunate of late! Managing to get interviews with the cast members of Red Victoria! Here I have one with Edward Landers,

who plays Carl in the film. This was Edwards first interview which wasn't done, or filmed by Anthony Brownrigg, who, if you've been paying attention, wrote, directed and starred in the film. The Dhampir feels honored and fortunate to be the first to interview him! In the film he plays Carl the "Horror Movie Fanatic". Let's take another look at the trailer then we'll get on with the questions!!!!

RED VICTORIA

TD: How do you know Tony and how did you get involved with the film?

EL: I have known Tony for years. But he did what he always does with film. He hit me right out of left field with this film. He just called up one day out of the blue and asked me to come over. When I got there I met Arianne and without missing a beat he introduced us, "Ed I would like to introduce you to Arianne the lead in my new horror film [*which] you will be in.". At which point we both turned to him and said "What film?!?!?!!"

TD: In the film you're the "Horror film fanatic", how much do you and your character have in common?

EL: Carl is a true Horror fan, I am just a Movie fan. I used to spend whole weekends at the theater when I was younger sneaking into movies. So it was easy to pull from that side of myself.

TD: Which scene was the hardest to get through, in the bloopers it seems that either you were tormenting Tony, causing him to laugh, or he was tormenting you, was there anything particularly difficult?

EL: The hardest scene for me was the "Murder and Maiming" scene where I try to explain to Jim how horror works. This was the first scene I filmed in the movie and to top it off, right before the shoot Tony went into this long explanation of how the Carl character could make or break the film. So, needless to say I was scared out of my mind. I was having a hard time relaxing on the first few takes so Tony had this great idea to help me out. He just got up went to the flower pot and picked up this Lilly. He then put it in my hands and said "No Questions!!" and went back to filming. My mind was so preoccupied with why I was holding this stupid flower, I forgot to be nervous. The Scene from the film was that take.

TD: What was it like working with Tony? and Arianne?

EL: Working with both Arianne and Tony was interesting. I remember thinking, on set is no joking, down to business, time is money acting. Thankfully that was right out the window. They showed me how to relax and enjoy [it]. They also showed me how to turn the character on and off so you could jump from one scene to another. I really can't think of when I have had more fun "working".

TD: At one point in the DVD extras you mention that Tony told you that your character could make or break the film, how did that effect you & your ability to act?

EL: Ohh! I don't know! Kinda like being gut punched from Mike Tyson. Talk about pressure. But at the same time it gave me a lot of confidence. He was willing to pin all his hopes and dreams on me.

TD: This film should be quite successful, has fan appreciation surprised you?

EL: YES, fan appreciation has overwhelmingly surprised me. This was my first true venture into this art form. When I signed my first autograph I was totally overwhelmed. I was thinking the entire time "You really want me to sign something?"

TD: Watching the film, are there any scenes that you look at and wish you'd done something different?

EL: Of course, There are always things you see and think, I could have done this or that, or I should have worn a pink tutu, but the one thing that sticks out in my mind was "What the heck was I thinking when I wore an orange shirt with a green hat?" I look like a freaking pumpkin.

Landers (Left) & Brownrigg (Right)

TD: Do you think you'll be reprising your role in the sequel in some fashion?

EL: Well it is a Zombie film so I hope, but how much Carl can one genre take?

TD: Do you have any other projects coming up, or anything else you want to mention?

EL: I have had some other offers for films in the works, but we will see what pans out. I do hope to work in the Horror genre more.

The Dhampir is very appreciative and would like to sincerely thank Edward for taking the time to do this interview. He's amazingly busy, trust me, you have no idea! Hopefully this will help promote the film a bit more. And thank you Edward!

The Dhampir.

* The Dhampirs notes.

(Originally posted on The Dhampirs Myspace http://www.myspace.com/thedhampirsvew )
Be who you are!
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

that was freaken sweet. 8)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Thank you for your work Dhampir. It's nice to know more about the subject.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lycanthrope wrote:Thank you for your work Dhampir. It's nice to know more about the subject.

indeed!! :D
The Dhampir
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Horror Opinionator

Post by The Dhampir »

You're very welcome, I have a great affinity for this film, and I'm certain I will love Freeborn as well!
Be who you are!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks for the interviews, and thanks for supporting both Red Victoria and Freeborn!

Kudos to Ed Landers, too, for such a great part and such a lovable character.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...