Hello

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Hello

Post by Silvermane »

Hello, finally decided to join the Pack after years of lurking in the shadows and getting a bit involved with things werewolf wise. Um...who am I? Well I could use my real name but let's stick with the werewolf name first simply Silvermane. :P Not sure where it all began werewolf fan wise. Been a fans since well junior high after reading wilderness survival stories from the likes of Jack London and the like. Stumbled upon werewolf stories, wrote a few (very badly I might add), and found various sites on line, some good, some bad.

Over all I draw...kind of meh. I have a very low opinion of my creative outlets. I draw, write, and on a rare occasion paint. I am better at the later. Work can be found here: http://silvermane77.deviantart.com/

Currently developing a long in the works werewolf comic currently titled The Wolves At Our Door, so far it will feature my own personal takes on werewolves, some good, some bad, some neutral, as well as what does it mean to be a werewolf, with a few other things thrown in. I am currently flushing out the overall story arc as I like to have a beginning, middle, and end as well as sketch works, most of which can be found linked above.

Favorite werewolf top three films: American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers, and The Howling.

Favorite books/series: The Kitty Norville series, Patricia Briggs Alpha and Omega, Fenrir and Wolfangel by MD Lachan, Ravenous and Bestial by Ray Garton

I hope to stay a bit active on here. :howl:  :oo

Oh and I am from Maine, land of Stephen King which is not as scarey as he has made it out to be.
Last edited by Silvermane on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Hello

Post by Figarou »

Lurking in the shadows, eh? 8 years is quite a long time to be lurking. (If you was doing that from the very start.)

N E who.....have some duckies! :ducktoss3:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

:ninja:
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silvermane »

Figarou wrote:Lurking in the shadows, eh? 8 years is quite a long time to be lurking. (If you was doing that from the very start.)

N E who.....have some duckies! :ducktoss3:
Yeah I have this habit of being the last in line to join mailing lists, sites, etc. always missing the ball. I was going to join up earlier but then Freeborn seemed to fall to the way side and well at the time I had some personal issues that needed resolving, but that's all in the past. :) I did pop in from time to time and read posts etc. Just never thought I could contribute anything more than was already said.

Ok I gottah ask what is up with the duckies? It's the squeeking isn't it? :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silvermane wrote:

Watch this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUBXSu ... ata_player
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silvermane »

Figarou wrote:
Silvermane wrote:

Watch this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUBXSu ... ata_player
So you started this whole thing? *grins* Very cute and who would suspect duckies. :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silvermane wrote: So you started this whole thing? *grins* Very cute and who would suspect duckies. :)
Actually, I didn't quite start it. I made it stay.

When that post appeared about calling us "duckies," I wanted to see if duckies can be added to the forum. I knew we will not be called "duckies" and soon after that, the post will be long forgotten. So I started that tossing duckies craze. I was typing it in like this.--> *tosses duckie at.....* I was also adding more wolf emoticons to the forum. I decided to add duckies to the animation. After that, it caught on big time! I even created my very own werewolf character that tosses duckies at people. I had so much fun over the years. I love it when people come to a werewolf forum and gets confused when they see duckies. Seeing duckies is a better joke than being called "duckies."
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silvermane »

Figarou wrote:
Silvermane wrote: So you started this whole thing? *grins* Very cute and who would suspect duckies. :)
Actually, I didn't quite start it. I made it stay.

When that post appeared about calling us "duckies," I wanted to see if duckies can be added to the forum. I knew we will not be called "duckies" and soon after that, the post will be long forgotten. So I started that tossing duckies craze. I was typing it in like this.--> *tosses duckie at.....* I was also adding more wolf emoticons to the forum. I decided to add duckies to the animation. After that, it caught on big time! I even created my very own werewolf character that tosses duckies at people. I had so much fun over the years. I love it when people come to a werewolf forum and gets confused when they see duckies. Seeing duckies is a better joke than being called "duckies."

Yeah seeing duckies flying around in a forum chat for werewolves is probably the best joke out there. Very cool and totally unexpected. I like it just because it's so...so odd. :D
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

So you have been stalking us for such a long time? So then...welcome finally. :lol:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silvermane »

Fullmoonstar wrote:So you have been stalking us for such a long time? So then...welcome finally. :lol:
On and off yes, kind of, there were large gaps in the stalking. :o Thank you for the welcome :)
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Silvermane wrote: On and off yes, kind of, there were large gaps in the stalking. :o Thank you for the welcome :)
Okies...so I hope that you can stay here in a more constant way now :wink:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Silvermane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silvermane »

Fullmoonstar wrote:
Silvermane wrote: On and off yes, kind of, there were large gaps in the stalking. :o Thank you for the welcome :)
Okies...so I hope that you can stay here in a more constant way now :wink:
I am planning on it! :)