First Meeting

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
HybridTerror
Custom Title: The Adrift

First Meeting

Post by HybridTerror »

:howl:  :oo
Hello all! I used to frequent Werewolf.com back when it was a thing, posted stories and poetry, and had a few rps going.
However I won't carry all of that over here.
Please, tell me about the site, and your experiences here!
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: First Meeting

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Well, The Pack's Den was originally associated with a film project called Devoured, which in its original iteration was a pretty lame "creature-feature" with werewolves. The director, a guy named Anthony Brownrigg, set up the site to sort of poll werewolf fans what they wanted to see in a werewolf flick. After a year or so, the input had driven him to throw the Devoured script away and start afresh. The new project was tentatively named Freeborn. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons (including Freeborn being rather significantly different from the camp-horror movie originally pitched), the project sort of stalled for lack of interest by the studios. It's now in Turnaround and may not ever get made.

Anyway, the site developed a life of its own and is now home to those of us who like discussing the werewolf as an archetype in fiction (particularly film).
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: First Meeting

Post by Meeper »

Hello. :)

My experiences here? I didn't see the site's hay day or the Devoured/Freeborn transition, but from what I can gather the place has calmed down since then. There was a spike in activity a few years ago, but the quieter space it is now suits me. I did know about all this from the beginning (not this forum specifically, but in hindsight I might have guessed), but I didn't join in the mad rush to participate early on. let's just say I have a long history of instinctively knowing when people are doing something that isn't right, ranging from self delusions to over ambitious projects like Freeborn. I lend my support out of politeness, because, to liken it to what I told an ex husband from a now divorced couple in 2012 - "Would you have appreciated it if I'd said anything at the time (when they were getting married 13 years earlier)?". I long to be proven wrong here, but the number of times that's happened in my life I can probably count on one hand.

Happily as of about 10 years ago I didn't (and still don't) see this forum dying off yet :) , the guy running it is seemingly into it, it'll last as long as he's content to pay the bills and maintain the site, and I see no sign of that going away except the odd long unannounced silences.

Anyway, long story short, I'm mostly here now because it's something to do. I'd like to be able to solve the stagnated Freeborn project, but all I can do is drop hints. AB is a busy dude and I wouldn't dare presume to advise him, I hold no sway with what the he has to deal with with regards all that, but I'm hopeful in some small way I can encourage that along, eventually.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.