Looking for answers and potential help

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Julian94
Custom Title: Looking for answers

Looking for answers and potential help

Post by Julian94 »

Hello there, everyone. I have been looking for quite a while to find a site that can actually help me find some answers to things.
I am 26, male, and have been questioning my current concept of reality for a long while now. I was raised initially Catholic, then Christian, and finally found myself amongst the Wiccan society. It's been an eye opener, and has given my life a new perspective on many subjects.

Now, that being said, I am by no means a "blind follower" of anything, and I seek the truth whenever I get the opportunity. In this case, I've been going to various forums in an attempt to find out the truth concerning actual wolves, whether or not they truly exist, and the information relating to such possibilities for blood turning, ritualism, etc. Of course, I have come across countless fraudulent bits of information, and I expect to find it at this point, but I feel I must keep searching regardless.

Ever since I was a child, and encountered a man with the ability to change his shape into that of a canine, I've been obsessed with finding out about these gifted people. Sadly, I've yet to meet another one face to face, or even to my knowledge through text. The only ones I've come across are the ever-annoying roleplayers or those who seem to believe they come from some sort of alien reality where "my ancestry predates humanity and I have the powers of a god/goddess", etc. I'm looking for concrete answers.

If there is anyone who is able or willing to talk with me, I will be more than happy to do so. My only request is to please not take this as a joke. I am 100% serious, and have come here in search of information, not joviality or pranks.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: Looking for answers and potential help

Post by Meeper »

Hello Julian, welcome to the pack.

Interesting hobby, werewolf chasing. Founded in 2004, this forum originated as a fan site attached to a movie project. It's evolved since then, but long story short the consensus here is that werewolves aren't real. Or if they were, then we wouldn't be talking about them. Why not? Well, respect of course.

Other than that this is basically a fiction site. There's a lot of history and lore out there, which has been covered. We're merely fiction writers and artists. There's a decade worth of posts here, feel free to peruse. The topic of werewolves is thoroughly discussed.

With regards talking to you, feel free to post in one of the other forums, though as I've said, I think you'll find many of the possibilities well discussed. If you've any fresh research or insights to bring to the discussions, then by all means, do share.

See you around!

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Julian94
Custom Title: Looking for answers

Post by Julian94 »

Sounds to me like the site "YourLupineLife", based around Seth on Survival?
I've been there before. Interesting place actually, but full of people who seem to have taken their roleplays too far and have come to believe them, or at least that's what the remainder of the site appears to be like.

Thank you for the warm welcome. While it is a bit of a disappointment that this is, yet again, not a site with the real deal, I am interested to see what others have supposedly experienced and their ideas/theories regarding such topics. I suppose if it were so easy, it wouldn't be quite as fun, though. lol. xP
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Yeah well, what can you do? There is a role play sub-forum here for that stuff. Alas, werewolf fan sites like this tend to attract werewolf fantasists. Most sites usually get an influx of role players and posers and so forth when a new werewolf film comes out. This site is no exception. I've been around for a good while, and got with that particular program long before this.

I can tell you with some confidence that all the sites are fundamentally like this. Sure they have their uniqueness, but either pretend to be for real werewolves but are trading on fun fantasy, under the understanding those involving themselves can and will differentiate (some cannot unfortunately). Or sites like this one, that do have a serious purpose but aren't selling fantasy or reality, just a place to be a fan. The whole thing of "A sign of an educated mind is the ability to entertain wacky ideas without losing one's mind" (or words to that effect) applies here, we do relatively scholarly discussion. Or we did, before all the interesting things to talk about were well and truly talked out and most people left for the next big thing.

That leaves the outliers, people trickling in who misconstrue things with their own agenda. Even after reading (or more likely breezing right past) the message on the sign-up page, a message which I personally helped critique before the admin put it up. A message that primarily exists to deal with fantasists.

As for this? I'm not going to tell you what to do with your time, but I think if you're serious about finding a bona-fide werewolf, you won't find one on the internet at all. let alone like this at least. If I were seeking a werewolf, I'd be more frugal with my disappointment. Good luck anyway.

Laters. :)

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.