Meep

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Meep

Post by Meeper »

Hello.

So, one day I'm nosing around my usual internet haunt, when this random dude shows up looking for opinion and input, wants to make a film he says, about weeeeerewolves he says, I did arch my brow somewhat.

A while later and I find out he's opened up shop for himself and anyone who wants to get into it, so out of curiosity, I went sniffing the trail, which lead me here, and I've lurked, albeit sparsely, since then.

Recently I got a strange urge decided to register for a lark, well, having spent a number of years kicking about a couple distantly related forums, I thought why not? change of scenery might do me good, in fact I see a few familiar faces who migrated too *waves* (if you're wondering, yes, it's *THAT* meeper :wink: ).

So, here I am, a slightly peculiar Englishman with a passing interest in fanciful critters :) . I've also been known to put paper to pencil now and then too.

Who knows, I might even locate the two brain cells I know are cowering in my head somewhere and put them to work :o .

Chow.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Re: Meep

Post by wolfward »

Howl low. I'm not exactly 100% English, but is half-English good enough? I hope you find some posts here the tickle your interest....or are you too lazy to read them all? Would you mind lamenting about where your obsession of werewolves began? Just curious, that's all.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

wolfward:
Half English will do just fine, I'm part Scottish, so we're in the same boat there :wink: .

Anyway there's a lot of threads, and more variety than I'd expected, I doubt I'll read them all, not right away at least, like I said I only have two brain cells and they're over worked and under paid as it is, they might strike on me, then I'd be neither use nor ornament :P .

As for my interest in werewolves, oh crikey, this is going to get rambling, be warned

I think it came from the evolution of other people's interest capturing mine, I tend not to be particularly observant, interested, or motivated to seek things out, a lot of the time other people will drag me along with them in their own interest, basically introducing me, and their interests will either rub off on me or not.

In this case it was the horror genre of films, classically depicting one of the many forms of art, the reflection of life and death and struggle against fierce powerful adversaries, I didn't share the someone else's interest in particular actors playing particular roles (mostly vampires oddly enough, with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing to name names), too busy enjoying the films. I liked the style of Hammer production films, explored my feelings about them, and watched a few more, that's how I got introduced to werewolf films since they covered a few different "monsters".

I enjoyed both subject matters, vampires and werewolves (and Frankenstein's monster and a few others, but I digress), from there it was the luck of the draw, I suspect like most people the mental projection of power, the assertion we need it, and the exploration of attaining it had a lot to do with which took precedence, in my case I didn't relate to the phenomenal all round mental and physical power implied by Count Dracula, physically he didn't do a whole lot, and mentally, well, he walked around looking at people, which made them all weak and floppy, kinda boring really.

On the animal side though, it was much more demonstrable to me, there was also more examples available to me in the animalia camp, lions, tigers, dragons, minotaurs, so on and so forth, and since I was also introduced to physical power more demonstrably than mental power, I picked up the thread there and ran with it, inspired by the beasts to become physically powerful myself, more or less out of curiosity, though I did have a push from friends and family who were just as interested to see my potential blossom as an athlete and fighter, not that I cared to take it much beyond personal curiosity.

Anyway, all that aside, there was other aspect, the pathos of it all, the doomed, the damned, the strange things that fascinated me, like you need special weapons to deal with a werewolf, the weapons themselves didn't interest me much, more the idea that you can try kill a werewolf, but they just make hurt noises and carry on their merry carnivorous way, things are supposed to fall over and not get back up again when you shoot them, ala Westerns, so this was quite an eye opener, like "can you do that? :o ".

There's probably more to it, if it comes to me I'll be happy to add it in here, but for the time being, my brain cells are demanding caffiene!
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

hi. I'm british too! from Yatton, but now i live in canada. anyway welcome!!!!
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Well, welcome to the Pack.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Welcome to the Pack! I'm sure you'll have quite a lot of fun here.
By the way...catch! :ducktoss3:
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Thanks :) *oophs repeatedly and is pummeled with duckies* Free food too, I like it already! :eatduckie2:

Wolf-man-24:
I'm still hauled up in sunny ol' England, though I fancy upping sticks to Scotland eventually, might follow my good friend's example and buy a small farm :) .