Woof

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Blue

Woof

Post by Blue »

Hiya... I'm Blue, I'm a totally obsessed wolf lover, have been for as long as I remember, and I found this site randomly while I was surfing the net last night and couldn't resist joining! Hope to speak to all you guys soon!
Baphnedia

Re: Woof

Post by Baphnedia »

Nice to meet you! Behold, I bring you duckies, and more duckies!

:ducktoss3:
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Welcome to the Pack.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

Post by Flatline »

hello! hey guess what? MORE DUCKIES! :ducktoss3:
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
full-moon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Mood: Happy

Post by full-moon »

so how you realise that you are a wolf?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Its one of those things that happens. Its different for everyone, because some folks want to be a wolf, others just are wolves, and some try to tell others whether or not they are wolves (or cats, birds, dragons or earthworms). For some, its having a fursona (an alternate character that might better reflect what's on the inside than out), or it could be a spiritual identity, similar in ways to native Americans' totemic creatures.

Does this, in a round-a-bout way answer your question?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Baphnedia wrote:Its one of those things that happens. Its different for everyone, because some folks want to be a wolf, others just are wolves, and some try to tell others whether or not they are wolves (or cats, birds, dragons or earthworms). For some, its having a fursona (an alternate character that might better reflect what's on the inside than out), or it could be a spiritual identity, similar in ways to native Americans' totemic creatures.

Does this, in a round-a-bout way answer your question?
Please don't go there. :( I like this forum, but the whole association with furry/therian communities always makes me throw up in my mouth a little...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Morkulv wrote:Please don't go there. :( I like this forum, but the whole association with furry/therian communities always makes me throw up in my mouth a little...
If you're going to be judgemental then do you mind if I judge that?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the furry or therian communities.

If you claim ill of furry, then you might as well say that all forms of creative escapism are bad. I wonder, do you engage in any form of creative escapism? Like... for instance... gaming, perhaps?

If you claim ill of therians, then you might as well say that all systems of belief are bad, whether borne of theology or spiritualism. Do you believe in anything outside of yourself, a deity perhaps? Or are you 100 per cent hardcore atheist?

Myself, I'm a creative person who enjoys escapism and I'm primarily an agnostic with some minor shamanistic beliefs. I could easily be a furry or a therian, and thus I don't mind those labels because they can be fitting.

And if you engage in things of a similar ilk then, let's be bluntly honest here, speaking out against those who do as well is a practise in base hypocrisy.

I'm not a huge fan of the crowd that claims to be actual, physical werewolves, and when dealing with one of those I can understand a rebuttal or at the very least a call for evidence. However, I saw none of that here, I see only someone who's trying to seek out their nature and understand that.

I see them asking for aid. I see Baph being very rational and ethical, and then I see your post which seems to be more of a knee-jerk riposte than anything else. It was uncalled for.

Moderation in all things. If someone's doing something clearly offensive then a rebuttal is in order, but opposedly let's not make pre-emptive strikes agaist those who may do something you don't approve of, eh?

I remember a couple of others who sung a similar tune, and made an enemy of most, because when you're striking out against someone who might do something you wouldn't approve of, you're striking out at everyone because everyone falls into that category.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Vagrant wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Please don't go there. :( I like this forum, but the whole association with furry/therian communities always makes me throw up in my mouth a little...
If you're going to be judgemental then do you mind if I judge that?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the furry or therian communities.

If you claim ill of furry, then you might as well say that all forms of creative escapism are bad. I wonder, do you engage in any form of creative escapism? Like... for instance... gaming, perhaps?

If you claim ill of therians, then you might as well say that all systems of belief are bad, whether borne of theology or spiritualism. Do you believe in anything outside of yourself, a deity perhaps? Or are you 100 per cent hardcore atheist?

Myself, I'm a creative person who enjoys escapism and I'm primarily an agnostic with some minor shamanistic beliefs. I could easily be a furry or a therian, and thus I don't mind those labels because they can be fitting.

And if you engage in things of a similar ilk then, let's be bluntly honest here, speaking out against those who do as well is a practise in base hypocrisy.

I'm not a huge fan of the crowd that claims to be actual, physical werewolves, and when dealing with one of those I can understand a rebuttal or at the very least a call for evidence. However, I saw none of that here, I see only someone who's trying to seek out their nature and understand that.

I see them asking for aid. I see Baph being very rational and ethical, and then I see your post which seems to be more of a knee-jerk riposte than anything else. It was uncalled for.

Moderation in all things. If someone's doing something clearly offensive then a rebuttal is in order, but opposedly let's not make pre-emptive strikes agaist those who may do something you don't approve of, eh?

I remember a couple of others who sung a similar tune, and made an enemy of most, because when you're striking out against someone who might do something you wouldn't approve of, you're striking out at everyone because everyone falls into that category.
I think you read my post the wrong way. I don't judge any person who calls himself a furry, therian or both, and frankly furry's and therians like yourself get in defense way too quickly when it comes to criticism.

The communities of these lifestyles however, are another thing altogether. Let me say that I've been on a LOT of internet-forums about the paranormal, werewolves, or about horror-movies, and almost half of these got swamped with people who claim to be furries and/or therians and role-playing was taking over fast. On a site where I've been moderator for years, I even talked to the webmaster who said that she was fed up with people only coming on the site to role-play with their 'fursona', hence that I do not want the same to happen to The Pack.

I am not 'racist' against any type of lifestyle. You can believe in Santa Claus for all I care, it doesn't matter. I do care however about the forum and the direction that it is taking in terms of community.

I hope you understand me better now.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaddam
Custom Title: Opening Sacrifice
Additional Details: I am religiously a Divinether, and I live a Gothopper lifestyle. I love meat, especially raw bacon with lotsa blood for a broth.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kaddam »

full-moon wrote:so how you realise that you are a wolf?
I'm not sure but me thinks they are Wolf LOVER which means they are a wolf in love with wolves. Is there anything else? I mean maybe boars who love wolves or wolves who love humans? I know I love dragons, but I've yet to find one...
Wolves don't Bark so why are you barking at me? Don't you snarl.
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Well Welcome to the pack anyway :welcome:
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves