Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

Post by Cinder »

OOC:
-all positions are open in this thread ;3 even the killer's role.
-this story takes place in a small/rural town with just one main street
-the main plot revolves around Lycanthrope/Vamperic rights and Autumn's mysterious dissapearance
-Add a character bio to set up you PC in the thread
-I will add you to the following list and place you in the catergory you desire
-Please PM me if you have any questions reguarding this thread

*Lycanthropes:
-Isaias Webb: RP'd by Aki

*Vampires:
-Serenna "Woodie" Woodchuck: RP'd by FoxofWar

*Humans:
-Kimi: Lycanthrope Activivst: RP'd by Cinder

*Other:
Last edited by Cinder on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My dA Page - stop by!
Want a Free Art Trade? Just PM me =^^= A bit inactive here - but you can always find me on dA!
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

PC Bio:

Name: Kimi Jackson
Race: Human, Irish/German
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 112 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Sage
Skin: Pale with light freckles
Temperment: laid back and friendly

Prologue
Sept. 7, 2005

She sat there, 9 am already dull eyed and drinking a scotch on the rocks, sipping it slowly. It had been a long day and it was only 9 in the morning, her auburn hair was in a horrible mess and she was whiter then a ghost. She sat there, all alone in the silence of the bar -an oddity for certain- just waiting for someone to arrive, she did not know who or what, but still all the same she waited as she slipped her scotch. "It is getting worse," she groaned into her drink. "I cannot control myself." Her days grew shorter and short with each murder she committed and she knew that it would come for her, a gun in hand, then she would be like her prey.

And it was in silence that it came, the one she was waiting for, and then she knew no more.

Present Day
Mid August, 2006

Kimi poured over the old magazine clippings, occasionally slipping her black coffee as she twirled a finger in her blonde hair. "Autumn," she said, looking at the snapshot of a woman with auburn hair -her sister- and sharp green eyes, "you left too soon." Kimi smiled sadly at the photographs and newpaper clippings. Various unsolved murders around the time Autumn contracted Lycanthropy and her sister's death. "You were so smart and bright. Why did you throw that all way?" Kimi asked herself as she flipped through her sister's medical file. "Why the drug abuse? What did that solve?" Softly blowing out a sigh, Kimi looked out the window of the La Coffee Bistro, gnawing on her lip slightly.

Here cell phone chirped at her hip and Kimi quickly responded. "Yes," she said, then rolled her eyes. "Yes, mum I will be home for dinner tonight at six." She paused listening. "Yes you can expect some of my packmates over," she smiled, there was nothing her parents loved more then feeding her and her Lycanthropic friends, well, rather fellow activists and aqaintences. "Yes, 6, alright mum, I will tell them. I love you too, bye." Smiling, her sage eyes glittering with amusement, it would not be long now before her companions would walk through the Bistro door and join her.
Last edited by Cinder on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Name: Isaias Webb
Race: Werewolf, Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 156 lbs
Hair: Black, with parts dyed bright red
Eyes: Light Grey
Skin: Lightly tanned
Temperment: Talkative, friendly, can be provoked easily to anger at times. Often times thinks with his heart instead of his head.

--------------------------
Here cell phone chirped at her hip and Kimi quickly responded. "Yes," she said, then rolled her eyes. "Yes, mum I will be home for dinner tonight at six." She paused listening. "Yes you can expect some of my packmates over," she smiled, there was nothing her parents loved more then feeding her and her Lycanthropic friends, well, rather fellow activists and aqaintences. "Yes, 6, alright mum, I will tell them. I love you too, bye." Smiling, her sage eyes glittering with amusement, it would not be long now before her companions would walk through the Bistro door and join her.
The door to the Bistro swung open and Isaias' walked through. His footfalls sounded heavily against the floor as he approached. "What you up to, Kimi?" he asked, his eyes running over the clippings quickly. He recognized them, Kimi's sister Autumn, the unsolved murders, Autumn's death. He scratched the back of his head, shifting his weight slightly. "Reminiscing about the past?' Isaias added after a moment, in a softer tone than he had greeted Kimi with.
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

Kimi smiled up at Isaias with a quirky look and carefully placed everyhting back into their folders, clearing the table quickly. "I suppose you could say that," she replied, setting the folders on the bench beside her. "I was digging through her medical records, apparently 3 months before her dissapearance she was prone to violent tendencies, popped pills like a madman, and had an increased core body tempreature." Sipping her coffee, Kimi finished the rest guesturing for him to sit down. "Oh well," she shrugged, "I guess I will never know what happened to her."

Stretching Kimi smiled again at Isaias and winked asking lowly -so only the Lycanthrope could hear her- lips barely moving, "What do you think of the new Mayor this stick-in-the-mud-town has? He has been putting an awful lot of restrictions on this town, most of them revolve around Lycanthropic rights." Kimi's hand idly twirled her fingers in her curly blonde hair. "You are aware that he wishes to shut down the private winery? We all know who operates it, he is being ridiculous, just because it is ran by our local Vampire Clan." She shook her head, once the Mayor had come in he had shut down anyone that was not Human, and that just was not right.

Brightening with a false smile Kimi asked cheerfully to cover her previous statement, "Is anybody else coming?"
Last edited by Cinder on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Name: Serenna "Woodie" Woodchuck
Race: Vampire
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 93 lbs
Hair: Long, flowing and raven-black
Eyes: Dark Green
Skin: Dark Brown
Temperment: Generally, nice to those who are nice to her.

------------------

"I just might say that, yes, someone else is coming", Serenna said from the door: "Even it is just the little of me", she winked. She was in a good mood: the workday at the winery had been very good, with no interruptions whatsoever. Usually something or other came up over there: one day someone decides to try to blow up the place alltogether "because it doesn't belong here" or just paints some anti-were graffiti on the walls. Stuff like that were so common that it missing was a sign of a good day alone. Now, when on during the same day she didn't get any other racistic comments, not from even the old fart that ran the grocery store... it was very good day indeed.

Serenna sat beside Kimi. "So, at what time?", she asked, still smiling.
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

Kimi smiled warmly. "Welcome Serenna," she greeted, scooting over as she glanced out the parlor window, sure enough had yet to set. "Time for what? To TP the Town Hall? Dinner?" Eyes twinkling like sage stars Kimi stuck out her tongue in a friendly manner at the Vampiress, then winked. "You know dinner is at 6, like every Thrusday. Hopefully we can get a few high ranking Pack Officals there and a few Royalty of the Clan," she added lowly. "We all know that its the Mayor's bully boys doing all of the vandilism," she shook her head as she arragned her files in alphabetical order and slipped them into her black leather messenger bag. "Please sit everyone," Kimi teased lightly, "drinks are on me."

With a smile she rose from the bench and walked to the counter, setting the palms of her hands on the Starbuck's green counter. "Our usual, John," Kimi smiled as she dug in her back pocket for her wallet, setting the amount she knew it would cost on the counter and adding a dollar to the tip jar.

"I see you only have half of the trouble," he teased as he went to prepare their drinks, moving his huge mass around. Ol' John Creek stood about 6'2" and weighed around 250 pounds, yet he could move as quick as lightining and be as gentle as a newborn kitten and was aged about 42 years. "Here you go, ma'am," he smiled as he turned around handing her all three drinks.

"Thank you, John," smiled Kimi giving a playful mocking bow as she sauntered back to their booth. "One for you, one for you, and one for me," winked Kimi dealing out the drinks.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Cinder wrote:Kimi smiled up at Isaias with a quirky look and carefully placed everyhting back into their folders, clearing the table quickly. "I suppose you could say that," she replied, setting the folders on the bench beside her. "I was digging through her medical records, apparently 3 months before her dissapearance she was prone to violent tendencies, popped pills like a madman, and had an increased core body tempreature." Sipping her coffee, Kimi finished the rest guesturing for him to sit down. "Oh well," she shrugged, "I guess I will never know what happened to her."

Stretching Kimi smiled again at Isaias and winked asking lowly -so only the Lycanthrope could hear her- lips barely moving, "What do you think of the new Mayor this stick-in-the-mud-town has? He has been putting an awful lot of restrictions on this town, most of them revolve around Lycanthropic rights." Kimi's hand idly twirled her fingers in her curly blonde hair. "You are aware that he wishes to shut down the private winery? We all know who operates it, he is being ridiculous, just because it is ran by our local Vampire Clan." She shook her head, once the Mayor had come in he had shut down anyone that was not Human, and that just was not right.

Brightening with a false smile Kimi asked cheerfully to cover her previous statement, "Is anybody else coming?"
Isaias growled, gritting his teeth. "He's such an bigotted son of a-" he started to say, but then Serenna walked through the door.
Cinder wrote:Kimi smiled warmly. "Welcome Serenna," she greeted, scooting over as she glanced out the parlor window, sure enough had yet to set. "Time for what? To TP the Town Hall? Dinner?" Eyes twinkling like sage stars Kimi stuck out her tongue in a friendly manner at the Vampiress, then winked. "You know dinner is at 6, like every Thrusday. Hopefully we can get a few high ranking Pack Officals there and a few Royalty of the Clan," she added lowly. "We all know that its the Mayor's bully boys doing all of the vandilism," she shook her head as she arragned her files in alphabetical order and slipped them into her black leather messenger bag. "Please sit everyone," Kimi teased lightly, "drinks are on me."

With a smile she rose from the bench and walked to the counter, setting the palms of her hands on the Starbuck's green counter. "Our usual, John," Kimi smiled as she dug in her back pocket for her wallet, setting the amount she knew it would cost on the counter and adding a dollar to the tip jar.

"I see you only have half of the trouble," he teased as he went to prepare their drinks, moving his huge mass around. Ol' John Creek stood about 6'2" and weighed around 250 pounds, yet he could move as quick as lightining and be as gentle as a newborn kitten and was aged about 42 years. "Here you go, ma'am," he smiled as he turned around handing her all three drinks.

"Thank you, John," smiled Kimi giving a playful mocking bow as she sauntered back to their booth. "One for you, one for you, and one for me," winked Kimi dealing out the drinks.
Isaias took a sip of his drink, and continued. "Its' amazing he gets away with this BS," he said. "You'd think there'd be some law or something we could use to stop him. Its' as much discrimination as shutting down the local chinese restaurant because the owners are asians."

He sighed, calming some. "In any case, dinner sounds good, though TPing the town hall could be just as fun." Isais grinned wickedly.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxOfWar »

Serenna blinked, but then straighted herself: "Heh, you know I was just teasing you. And I certainly know when the dinner is", she smiled.

Then she lowered her voice: "Shh. Don't ruin my good mood, talking about the vandalism. As in today happened none of the sort. And for once I didn't get any 'funny' comments on the way here, either."

Serenna listened to what Isaias said, but was totally somewhere else in her thoughts. As much as she had had a good day, it still had to be a 'feeding night', in a way. Serenna liked to do it as a fullform bat. And she only nicked local cows so little that they usually didn't even wake up from it. That lead to the thought of the way some other vampires went about it: they flew or drove to some town a little distance away and terrorized on people. Serenna thought that it had to be in the genes, somewhat. She hated doing even what she did herself, so she threw the thought of what her fellow vamps would be doing at nights. At least, she sighed, it hadn't to be every night.
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

Kimi rose and swung her messenger bag over her shoulder in a nonchalant manner. "Com'on your two, we need to get moving," she said, spotting one of the Mayor's bully boys as John pulled the curtains and hung the "closed" sign.

"Out the back, ladies," he said.

"Ladies?" Kimi looked at Isaias with a teasing smile. "Is there something you are not telling us?" She winked and drained the last of her drink, tossing it in the trash. Kimi walked behind the counter, moving something akin to total silence, carefully looking out the back door. "Lets move," she said, as she pushed the screen door out and her hiking boots collided with the gravel with a crunch. Wisely she had dressed in a gray/brow shirt that blended in perfectly with the sagebrush and cheet grass, her light blue, worn Wranglers would be covered in dust fairly soon, so she did not have to worry about her jeans giving her away.

OOC: sorry for the wait
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"What? No," Isaias replied quickly to Kimi's question, before following her towards the back door. In contrast to her silence, the very concept of stealth would have seemed to have escaped Isaias' grasp, as his boots thudded loudly against the floor. Isaias wasn't much of the sneaky sort, more on the basis he disliked running from things than a lack of skill at it.

Still, he did recognize that if he got tangled up with the mayor's thugs he'd probably be unable to attend dinner. Thus, once out of the screen door, he took more readily to the idea of not making noise and staying out of sight.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxOfWar »

Serenna was readily following Isaias and Kimi to the back: she'd had a good day with no conflicts so far and she was not prone to start now. And she certainly did not want to get face-to-face with mayor's bullies. They tended to be about twice or even thrice as heavy and muscled as Serenna.

Her clothes, however, were not that in-blending as Kimi's. Her black top and skirt would probably give her away. As much as she didn't like the idea, she could get away quite easily should the situation grow worse: she could shift onto a bat. That, however, was only as a last resort as a.)it would be dead giveaway and a proof that she's a vampire, b.)shifting in broad daylight was usually foolish and very energy-consuming and c.)it would leave her friends to fend theirselves, something Serenna would never let herself do.

So, trying not to get attention onto themselves to begin with was the way to go.
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

Kimi stopped and turned around, suprised that Serenna was walking in broad daylight. "Are not you suppose to burst into flames right about now?" she asked curiously, momentarily distracted. "Listen, you can play Human, well they do not know your idenity yet," rushed Kimi, dusting her jeans with handfuls of fine sand and began flitting through the sagebrush, although she was quick to start, but with Isaias begin a Lycanthrope he could easily and quickly out run her, as for Serenna, Kimi could not envision the Vampire running about in the wild with a skirt and heels.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxOfWar »

Serenna was only mildly surprised by Kimi's question: "Oh, dangit. I knew I forgot to tell something. Anyway, one of my friends, who works at the university chemics lab at a certain larger town, discovered something a while ago: if a certain sun-tan lotion and a few other things were mixed up in a certain way, which I'm not sure how, they actually form a very good protection from the Sun, in the vampire way. It works only for few hours at time though, and it has not yet researched if it has any side-effects." She paused for a moment to get through a thicker bush.

"I can't make the stuff myself, and actually only a handful of people know of it. Even fewer know how to make it.", she pushed herself through a bush again: "I certainly know I don't have to remind you how dangerous said knowledge would be in wrong hands."

Walking in the brush wasn't that easy for Serenna, but she was a bit tougher chick than she let out. She didn't complain and kept up with Kimi's and Isaias' pace. Although after a while she did have to throw her high-heel shoes away and partly morph her feet to prevent them from being injured that much.
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

FoxOfWar wrote:Serenna was only mildly surprised by Kimi's question: "Oh, dangit. I knew I forgot to tell something. Anyway, one of my friends, who works at the university chemics lab at a certain larger town, discovered something a while ago: if a certain sun-tan lotion and a few other things were mixed up in a certain way, which I'm not sure how, they actually form a very good protection from the Sun, in the vampire way. It works only for few hours at time though, and it has not yet researched if it has any side-effects." She paused for a moment to get through a thicker bush.
"Ah," Kimi replied absent mindedly as she moved through the brush at a quick, smooth and quite pace, "go figure." Dropping down a small gully, Kimi looked at Bambi like he was a sign from God. Well in fact that Bambi was last living dinosaur in this hinterland with 4 on the floor and 4WD made him something special. "Hop in," she ordered, scooping out her keys, jingling like little bells as she opened the door. Not far away she could hear the sound of angry voices, shouting and yelling. "I know you all would probably prefer to be on foot, but Bambi has a nice deer bumper No.4, it works on humans too."

Kimi turned the truck over, it roared to life in a growl of power and blue smoke. "Ready?" she asked softly with a smile. "If any of you are getting in, you might want to buckle up."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Cinder wrote:
FoxOfWar wrote:Serenna was only mildly surprised by Kimi's question: "Oh, dangit. I knew I forgot to tell something. Anyway, one of my friends, who works at the university chemics lab at a certain larger town, discovered something a while ago: if a certain sun-tan lotion and a few other things were mixed up in a certain way, which I'm not sure how, they actually form a very good protection from the Sun, in the vampire way. It works only for few hours at time though, and it has not yet researched if it has any side-effects." She paused for a moment to get through a thicker bush.
"Ah," Kimi replied absent mindedly as she moved through the brush at a quick, smooth and quite pace, "go figure." Dropping down a small gully, Kimi looked at Bambi like he was a sign from God. Well in fact that Bambi was last living dinosaur in this hinterland with 4 on the floor and 4WD made him something special. "Hop in," she ordered, scooping out her keys, jingling like little bells as she opened the door. Not far away she could hear the sound of angry voices, shouting and yelling. "I know you all would probably prefer to be on foot, but Bambi has a nice deer bumper No.4, it works on humans too."

Kimi turned the truck over, it roared to life in a growl of power and blue smoke. "Ready?" she asked softly with a smile. "If any of you are getting in, you might want to buckle up."
Isaias climbed into truck, buckling himself in and slamming the door shut. "Works on humans, huh?" Isaias asked. "I think you should try and avoid hit-and-run charges," he grinnned. "Besides, you'd ding up the bumper on numb-skulls like them."
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxOfWar »

Serenna climbed in as well and buckled herself up hastily. She didn't much listen what Isaias said, as she was deep in thoughts again. The deep inner hunger that came from being a vampire was rising. While it wasn't enough to warrant anything stupid to be done, it certainly was enough to distract her. So for a while, she didn't listen much anything of what Isaias or Kimi said.

[[OOC: Short... inspiration gone somewhere :P]]
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Cinder
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cinder »

Once everyone was buckled up and braced Kimi floored it, maneuvering the the truck as it began to spin out on the soft top sand that was only about an inch or two deep, quickly countering the truck's course as the back tires broke loose of the traction, they shot out of the little gully with a roar. Bambi was literally a dinosaur, most cars these days did not growl like a steroid-pumped junkyard dog and have a grill to match its personality. All sixteen feet and over a thousand pounds of weight was all ready doing 45 mph across the flat non-existent road -only marked by the lack of sagebrush- leaving everything in the dust, not even the cursing of the Mayor's bully boys could be heard clearly.

"Whew!" exclaimed Kimi with an easy smile. "I was expecting that to be more difficult." Bambi was a gas-chugging V8, but long ago Kimi had found a quick acceleration rate that did not require all four cylinders to open up and make the gas gauge drop quicker then a dead man's pulse. Quick, but conservative, that was Kimi's approach to everything.
My dA Page - stop by!
Want a Free Art Trade? Just PM me =^^= A bit inactive here - but you can always find me on dA!
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

((OOC i'm guessing this is dead?)))
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Re: Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

Post by Thunderclaw »

Looks that way. It was appealing to me though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?