Infinite_Path as a Game Master?

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Infinite_Path as a Game Master?

Post by Kaebora »

Infinite_Path wrote:I was asking about becoming a game master, and was told to try asking you. Yes, I know I'm quite new, but I've RP'd before, and have an idea that really needs formal structure to work.
I'd prefer to put this to a vote rather than be the go-to guy for promotions of the GM position. After all, we do votes to promote people to be Moderators. Shall we allow Infinite_Path to be a GM?

I will allow this poll to run for seven days, but it will not start until Infinite gets a chance to further explain his ideas that would warrant his appointment to the GM slot. Feel free to discuss.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Infinite_Path
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Time's Riverbed

Post by Infinite_Path »

How elaborate should my proposal be? Should I outline the entire RP, or is this more a cursory examination of various themes I would explore?
Life is like Pi, it goes forever, yet never repeats. (and is best served with ice cream)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Infinite_Path as a Game Master?

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Hmmm. I'd like to point out that in the older system someone just "asked" to count as a GM for their own game and they were let to do it. I can't remember if they needed an actual proposal or if merely asking was enough. The only thing was, that in order to actually run a game nicely you need a certain amount of people (which depends on the GM and the game) and if you didn't have enough stuff prepared you wouldn't be able to actually run your game. Joining is voluntary, so if he doesn't put forth the effort to develop or use a nice universe or set everything up properly... and so on, no one will join (or not enough) and it won't go anywhere.

EDIT: which is harmless, and if you don't have a thread+game you shouldn't be a GM. Perhaps, a better idea would be to grant him his wish, tell him, "you have [arbitrary time period] to set up and begin a game or you get looked at again and the title possibly removed." GM-ing is for active games, no? It;s not a title that should just laze about on your avvie, even though it looks cool.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: Infinite_Path as a Game Master?

Post by Kaebora »

point noted. ill give the promotion, and a few weeks to get active results.

though, this new forum system changed the admin menus drastically. I'm not sure i can figure this out in one sitting. I'll have to read the users guide to php3
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora