The Collector - Game Thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Re: The Collector - Game Thread

Post by JanuaryGray »

"Stuart, Casey Stuart," he said in his best Connery Bond imitation. "College dropout, failed artist and current bartender-slash-bouncer. I would say it's nice to meet you, Doc, but honestly I could do without the whole Prison Break experience here." He heard an encouraging click from the lock, hopefully he'd gotten the first tumbler in place. He grinned a bit and jiggled one of the picks, attempting to move on to the next tumbler. Suddenly something moved unexpectedly and Casey felt the slender pick snap in his hand.

He took a step back, throwing the now useless pieces of metal to the ground. "Son of a--" He shook his head in anger and disgust before pulling out his gun. The handgun itself wasn't like most and visually it was a bit off, but there were branches of the Kresnik posing as weapons manufacturers, so Casey's gun was just about the most advanced of small arms on the planet. "Screw subtlety," he muttered and aimed the gun directly at the back of the lock panel. The sound of his gun firing would probably bring them some unwanted attention and Casey would probably have to spare another bullet to get the professor out of here and then they'd have to move fast. Hopefully this professor wasn't some old man in his eighties who could barely hobble along.

He checked his aim one last time and squeezed the trigger. The bullet hit exactly where Casey had planned for it to hit, sounding off with a loud clang that echoed the thunderous gunshot. But instead of punching into the metal the bullet ricocheted back toward him, grazing Casey's shoulder as it did so. He let out a hiss of pain as he felt the warm stickiness of blood welling at the wound. "Epic. f***. Fail." Casey growled, reholstering his gun and pressing a hand to the bleeding gash along his shoulder.

From somewhere down the hall he could hear unintelligible voices shouting in alarm and hurried footsteps rushing their way. "Well, Doc," Casey said sarcastically, "At least we're gonna get to see who's keeping us in these cages."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

A sound came from a cell opposite of those of Casey's.
"You can try to escape all you want, but it's not going to work. Apart from the fact you aren't even in the same diension or time as you once were, the wards and enchantments outside would whisk you straight back to these cells. We will have to wait for our attackers to reveal themselves."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

A soft groan came from another of a cells as Aki awoke. He lay on the cell's floor lazily for a few moments before his sleepy mind began to process the fact there were new voices. Ones unlike those who'd been trapped in here with him before. How long had he been out? He groaned again and grabbed the cell bars, pulling himself up. "Oh hey," he called out. "New guys. I didn't really get too acquainted with the last batch - they've vanished for some reason - but I can't say much. I came at the same time as them so I'm only not new by a little. I hope a little anyways, dunno how long I slept for."

"I'm Aki, and a little bit of info for you: our captors ain't anyone you know. At least, as far as I can tell they're collecting people from wherever for something. I think fighting. I don't think I'd still have a Thompson if they intended me to break rocks or tend field, and I know one of you also has a gun. Congrats on learning about the door's bullet-bouncing properties, by the way. I'd suggest saving your bullets, I don't know if they intend on giving us more when we run out. Don't think so, though."
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

"Bread and circuses, eh?" Alastar said. "That implies extreme decadence and possibly a totalitarian regime behind all this. May I ask exactly who are the barbarians we are entertaining with this ludicrous bloodletting?"
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

((Wow, this RP is back from the dead. U merely suggested that she repost it oh well this works to))

((look to my last post, for reference))

Just as Anubis said it, a loud crash coming from outside followed several similar yet smaller crashes. That sound is what Anubis knows all to well, the sound of ships jumping out of hyperspace, and displacing large amounts of air instantly making large sonic booms. Anubis knows that his men couldn't have found him so quickly. it been barely an hour, but the noise was unmistakable. he even heard the hum of large ion engines, and anti-gravity generators.

"well speak of the devil, that must be my men now."

The face of the nobleman changed from an arrogance, to fear. "That maybe but our military is far superior, and you wont last." his voiced quivered like a frightened child."

Before anubis could respond, his comdevice came to life. "This is General Toran, seeking Lord Master General Anubis Garou. Anubis please respond!"

"Toran it's good to hear your voice, precise location is unknown but immediate intelligence suggest that I'm at or near a large arena. In some kind of holding cells underground."

"Same here Anubis, activate your emergency beacon and we'll be there shortly."

"Also there are civilians with me that need immediate evac."

"understood" and the com went silent.

"I suggest that you make this easy on your self, and minimise the cost on your troops and let us free." Anubis said to the noble.
THE GAME

My Armory
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge heard the argument between the captors and one of the other prisoners.
"Whoever it is over there, I wouldn't try to fight these guys. These are more than just kidnappers or slave traders. They actually can pack a painful punch to us with ease."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Thunderclaw wrote:Surge heard the argument between the captors and one of the other prisoners.
"Whoever it is over there, I wouldn't try to fight these guys. These are more than just kidnappers or slave traders. They actually can pack a painful punch to us with ease."
The slaver and the nobles ran from the room.

"You don't know my men and what we're capable of. We're are like Spartans, we train from birth to be soldiers. It's our place in our world, it's our way of life. failure and surrender is never an option, we live by the gun, we die by the gun. In my realm we have actually killed several gods, immortals, and high level demons. Everyone here is going home. get your things ready we are being evacuated."

With that explosions and firefights erupted in the distance. Anubis looked out from his cell's window, he didn't see much a high wall a few yards away obstructed his view. except from some billows of smoke and a fighter drone flying overhead.
THE GAME

My Armory
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge shook his head. "No. This is different. I've had my hand with demons, gods, and all the rest. Taking me alive was the hardest thing they would ever be able to do. Killing me and then capturing me would have been harder for them." He looked up at the roof. "Even if your men can get us out of this, the energy taken to get all of the prisoners to their original dimensions would be tricky to handle, And they will probably have some sort of wild card, if anything went drastically wrong with their plans." Surge stood up and got right up to the bars of his cell." They took me at full strength, on full alert. They will probably take your men like us too."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"They've actually physically subduded you?" Anubis asked. It was weird with him they actually transported him remotely somehow. Why did they go through the trouble to physically take some one when they can just move them into their realm with out any trouble.

"They didn't bother that with me, they just remotely teleported me here." he commented

"Anyway, it's happening and being negative isn't going to help. Unless you're going to change that additude around and supply any intel that could be useful. I suggest you shut the f*** up, and stay out of the way." he growled.

Like most Dekai, they didn't like the kind of additude the surge was exhibiting. Culturally they consider it a weakness.
THE GAME

My Armory
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge laughed and shook his head slowly.
"No-one has had the nerve in my universe to say anything remotely along those lines. This may be more interesting than I originally thought. Sure, I may have a negative attitude, but most of my emotion is gone after my long years in life. As for useful intel, let's hope I can at least fight as well as I used to, even if my magic is weakened."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Blah blah blah, my spartan cock's so huge and I totally choked Zeus to death with it," Akiada said, rolling his eyes. "Whether your claims are true or not the arrogance doesn't sound good dude. My world got blown to hell - in some ways literally and I survived it. You don't see me boasting about that."

"Besides, ..what's his face ..." Akiada continued, hesistating a moment as he didn't recall surge's name. "..Isn't being negative, he's being realistic. Getting everyone back to where they ought to be will be hard, no matter how difficult actually defeating these dudes will be. Teleportation, especially trans-dimensional teleportation, is rather difficult and energy consuming."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge nodded. "Not only that, but we don't even know how many people are down here, and if they moved us into a dimension not only different to our own and also at a different time...Then it may be close enough to impossible to rescue everyone."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

"Oh Dear," Alastar muttered under his breath. "It would seem there are far too many officers and not enough soldiers."

Then aloud to his cellmates, "Gentlemen, this bickering will solve nothing. Either we each go our separate ways, or we stay together and someone must command. May I suggest we make that decision now?"
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge turned to face Alastar.
"I agree in how this bickering gets us nowhere, but I'm a lone person. I'd go my separate way or lead.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

The sounds of gun fire and explosions got nearer. He felt the rumble of near bye carpet bombings under his feet.

"Are you people that dense, listen to your selves. We are about to be rescued from slavery, and all you people are doing is making excuses. I thought you people are supposed be soldiers, worriers! All I see is pessimistic cowards, my men are out fighting out there, risking their lives for us and this is how you thank them?"

Anubis charged up his spirit once again. The brilliant blue aura engulfed his body and the same blue tentacles of light s*** out, and attacked the metal door to his cell. Pushing out the Steele creaked loudly in protest, then with a bang launched off it's hinges into a stone wall. Anubis walked out, unholsterd his weapon.

"These are my men, my army, leave your egos here. If you want out, then you follow me, and take my orders. Other wise, shut the f*** up and stay out of my way. This will probably your ONLY chance for freedom. If you seriously want to pass this up over a petty thing such as pride get in the way of that, then you are fools of fools." he snarled.

"What will it be? My way or the highway?"
THE GAME

My Armory
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Alastar raised an eyebrow at the sudden transformation of the officer. "Well, when in Rome..."

Calmly unbuttoning his collar and undoing the bowtie that adorned his stodgy professor's garb, he carefully placed his pince-nez in a case which he then placed in an inner pocket.

Then he got down on his hands and knees and closed his eyes.

Then the eyes snapped open to reveal a golden hue that was not there before. In the space of a few seconds, a great gray wolf, resembling a long-extinct dire wolf, was shuffling and snuffling where the silver-haired academic once was. Wriggling out the clothes, the wolf shook itself and moved to the rear of the chamber, once again closing its eyes. The wolf appeared to grow even larger than before, dewclaws reforming to thumbs. Bones snapped and popped as the shape grew upright and massive.

At last Alastar stepped fully into the light cast by the torches. Now an almost nine foot tall wall of lupine muscle, the Benandanti lictor calmy moved to the cell bars and bent them wide open with an almost casual gesture of his great furred hands.

Then, calmly gathering up his clothes in a neat pile, he stepped out confidently into the hall on huge digitgrade paws, keeping his tail pointing toward the ground, eyes averted from the glowing being, showing typical subordinate behavior. He almost seemed to fill the hallway as he stooped low because of the nearness of the ceiling.

When he spoke, his voice was an almost subsonic rumble. "May I prevail upon one of you fine lordlings to see to my things?"
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"I'm a soldier? Huh, I must've missed that memo and the whole military training thing," Akiada said, smirking a bit as he peered through the bars of his cell door. "And for your information, none of us were passing things up or being pessimistic, we were being realistic."

"You might wanna check your own ego before telling everyone else to do so, while you're at it," he added. "But hell, I'll follow you. No sense in running off alone."

Akiada then turned his attention to what his nose told him was the professor fellow - though he'd changed quite a great deal now. Akiada hadn't needed to change himself, he'd been taken in his hybrid form - there was little use for his wolf or human shapes unless traveling speed or diplomacy were needed. "I can tend to your things," he said, pulling his backpack off and unzipping it. "Just open the door for me and I'll throw your stuff in with mine."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"I guess that leaves me and my own decision." Surge looked at everyone else. "As I said, I'm a leader and a loner. I'll go my own way, make my own decisions. and, I'll make this clear now. I am not a soldier. Combat is the last thing I want, but where necessary, which seems to be quite a lot in my dimension, I am forced to. I suspect a trap, and big groups have never been good for stealth tactics. do't worry about me, this is my own choice."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Alastar brought his neat pile of possessions to Aki. On the way, a small picture fluttered out and Aki caught a glimpse of a lovely young woman before it was swept up by one massive paw and placed between the folds of the jacket with a delicacy that seemed out of place for such a large being.

"Forgive the lack of subtlety, friend," the big Benandanti said as he pried the bars apart with no more effort than if he was opening a classroom door, "but we appear to be in a hurry."

Backing away to let Aki emerge from his cell, Alistar turned to Surge, keeping his head bowed. "I respect your decision, friend. I, however, know only a soldiers life, despite my human profession. Numbers may be unsubtle, but the pack protects. Do as you will, but I for one would be honored if you would join us."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge shook his head slowly. "I will be willing to go with you, but I won't take orders from others. If that is a problem, I'll go my own way." after saying this, A sudden flash of light appeared consuming Surge, and then reappeared next to the others, until Surge had completely reformed outside the cell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd rather not have this thread come to an end once more.

Edit: Once again, this is slowing down to a stop. Can anybody at all please respond, and keep this RP active. :cry: :wereduck: :cry:

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos: