The Collector - Game Thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

The Collector - Game Thread

Post by Anubis »

This is the in gane thread for the collector.

NEW PLAYERS: READ THE RP, AND CREATE YOU CHARACTER IN THE WORLD AND CHARACTER CREATION THREAD BEFORE POSTING, THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Master General Anubis Garou sat in the end seat on the large conference table while his subordinate generals discuss highly classified topics. Their petty bickering slowly wore away the patience of the highly revered general as they stroked their own egos, and vent hot air and not getting any work done. Anubis regrets hiring politicians but then sighs in remembering there was no one else besides his second who he considered qualified enough.

a human three star shot over at the intimating dekai and interrupted his train of thought. "Sir, what what you think do we go with my logical idea, or their irrational and stupid plan to..."

Anubis cut him off snarling. "You want me to tell you what I think. what i think that i 've hired a bunch of whining politicians. You call your self soldiers, damn! You all of you are pathetic, we've sat here over three hours and not get anything done! You all know what has to be done, what needs to be done." he stood up, towering all of them and continued. "you people are too engrossed on the fact that it requires you a little more work on your part and you are looking for ways to get out of it. I wont tolerate laziness in my army....."

Before he could finish a dense fog filled the room, making visibility an absolute zero he couldn't see the tip of his own muzzle. "Toran?" he called out but didn't get an answer. As quickly as it went it disappeared to only find him self not in his conference room but what looked like a medieval dungeon.

"s***!" he growled, pulling out his 50 caliber magnum. being a soldier the man never went unarmed. Checking his corners he found he was a lone in the cramped cell. He turns his attention to the metal gate in front of him. He took a step back and took a running start at it for an attempt to kick it down. It only made a loud sound in response. Anubis took his large side arm and aimed it at the lock and fired at it.

He hit the ground as the projectile only ricashade off of it, it didn't even leave a scratch.

He heard a voice coming from a cell across from him. "That wont work, a guy with a minigun tried the same thing a while back. the bullets only bounced off killing him in the process."

"Who is this, why am' I here!?" Anubis demanded.

"Don't worry you'll see soon enough, just calm down. Don't do anything stupid that will attract the guards."

"Who is this that I'm talking to?"
THE GAME

My Armory
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Re: The Collector - Game Thread

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod Kets looked down at himself an let loose a small chuckle, he was horribly overequipped. All he needed to do was take out a reporter with several pictures of a man changing into some sort of 'beast' as they called it, in the forest. He didn't question the gear they sent him, he'd rather not need the extras and have them than need them an not have them.

He checked himself over one more time before daring to risk leaving the safehouse. On his back was a .50 caliber sniper rifle with a shortened stock and barrel and there was a 9 millimeter handgun at his right hip, both with increased trigger space for his somewhat lupine fingers. On his left, a sword with a rather large hilt hung from his waist with the pommel covering a hidden blade beneath it. If the pommel was removed, another blade as long as the first could be extended, thus effectively rendering it a double-bladed sword.

After hearing footsteps, Jarod spun around and raised his clawed fists in one fluid motion, a move that had been burned ingrained into his mind for longer than he could remember. By the time he could prepare himself to make a punch he'd been hit in the temple with a rather large piece of what appeared to be wood.

Jarod woke up in what appeared to be an archaic jail cell. He tried bending the bars, but to no avail. He wanted to try to shoot the lock, but did not desire to attract too much attention to himself, being trapped in an unscouted environment was bad enough. He heard chatting in the next cell over and decided to make some noise himself.

"Hey! Whoever's talking over there, where the hell am I?!"

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

He heard some one calling out for him.

"Lord Master General Anubis Garou, Where we are and why we have been taken here is unknown to me. who is this I' m speaking to?"

"Will you two shut up!" Said the voice again.

"I know your situation, and let me tell you why you are here and give you two some very important advice you need to know." he took a deep breath and continued. "Who you are before you came here is longer important, a king, criminal, or some slob means nothing now. You are Gladiators now, some form of sick form of entertainment for the rich and powerful in this world. As long you can fight you have a chance, If you are lucky somebody may buy you as their little pet. Parade you around like some kind of show pony, so they can arrange fights and bet either for you and if your that unlucky against you."

"Bull s***!" Anubis growled

"You think now, but soon some people are going to take a look at us to see who would they like to see to do battle in a fight to the death."

Anubis didn't know what to think, the way he said it told him he was telling the truth.

"Oh yeah, the advice. Don't get too close to any one. The chances are you might end up seeing him in the ring."
THE GAME

My Armory
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

In the middle of the woods, Ouka left her pupils alone to practice her teachings and walked way. One pupil called out to her arguing about this decision; " Ouka-sama! Why do you wish to leave us here? We can practice our teachings at home, can't we?!" Ouka looked back at the unsettled Lycan pup. She felt horrible for some odd reason, as she tuned to the woods and kept walking, she replied; " Do not worry, my young one. I shall be back, your teachings are not over. Just keep practicing, Rodin."

In the darkest spot in the forest, the she-Lycan placed her equipment down on a rock, the weapons that she brought to practice with. She picked up a duel sword and admired it, then she started practicing fighting with the twin-bladed sword, and in her natural environment, she stopped right in the process of slicing a log in-half and sat down to have a rest. Gulping down her Herbal Tea and snacking on some homemade sweet dumplings, she sat there and looked at the sky.

Hours went by and she finally stood up and stretched her whole body.
" I should get back to my pupils, they must be waiting for me." Said the thin young lady Lycan, stretching her arms.

Walking down the woodland path she came across a sound that was brushing in the bushes, and made her look over in suspicion.
She walked closer to the bush to pull back the leafs, readying her swords. A bird flew out of the bush, alarming her.
She sighed in relief and started to keep walking down her path. All of a sudden, she felt a hard material hit her head as she fell to the ground, unconscious.

Waking up, she looked up at the dungeon like room she was currently in. She heard talking and listened closer, hearing only a voice saying that she and other people had to fight to the death. Startled and horrified, she slammed on the door that was in front of her, screaming out in rage.

" Where am I?! Release me at once! I demand it, that you release me!!!" Screamed the now crying woman.
She fell to the floor, waiting for a response, but for right at that moment, even though it felt like eternity, she could only hear herself cry out in rage.
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Vladamir made his way down a weakly lit corridor, examining over the nearby wall mounted television screen. He could see a large group of people gathered around the screen, all appearing to be shocked by something. Within moments, he made his way into the crowd, trying to see what was going on.

"I guess that's what we get for relying on the government forces," one of the people spoke, sarcastically.

"What's going on?" Vladamir responded, looking in the person's direction.

"One of our space docking stations got attacked just a few minutes ago and everyone's making a big deal about it." the person chuckled. "It was bound to happen eventually, eh?"

"IPTO got attacked?"

"No, just a fueling station. Apparently we've lost contact with them."

"Why's it such a bit deal then? They have defense forces."

"That's the freaky part. They say that there wasn't any evasive action taken. The station just went topside in a matter of seconds."

Vladamir backed away, trying to figure out what exactly happened. The entire group began arguing about the situation as if it had suddenly become a debate. He began making his way down the hall and turned into a small room filled with computers and TV screens, all filled with images of space vessels at docking stations. He lifted a small headset to his ear and began speaking; his eyes fixed on a static infested video image.

"Earth base to Vessel Fifteen, requesting a status report," he spoke into the headset.

"This is Vessel Fifteen, responding to request. All systems are go, I repeat, no problems to report," a voice responded.

"Affirmative Vessel Fifteen. Uh, your camera's just giving us problems here on Earth. Uh, have you heard anything on docking station A1?"

"Negative, base. We know about as much as you right now, over."

Vladamir chuckled and pulled the headset from his ear, throwing it down onto a small table, and seated himself in a nearby chair. He watched as the images on the screens constantly changed, and felt exhaustion suddenly overtake him. The screens began flickering, all becoming filled with static, and seconds later, the room erupted with vibration. The room's door flew open, revealing the panicked person that opened it.

"Vlad, something's going on and they're ordering us to evacuate. The entire system of SecBots just went haywire, apparently ordered by our base in downtown. I'm just giving you a heads up," the person spoke, sprinting out of sight and knocking on the door beside Vladamir's.

Vladamir stood up and pulled his gun from the holster on his ammo belt. He moved into the hallway and looked towards the observation window that sat in front of his room, seeing flashes eruting all over the city's horizon. Apparently the entire city's SecBot network had completely lost it. Suddenly the entire hall erupted, throwing him back into the office. The ceiling above him began collapsing, and seconds later, he passed out.

Vladamir awoke, finding himself in some sort of cell, far outdated compared to the city's own prison. He could hear conversation nearby, between three men, and the sound of a crying woman. Someone spoke, sounding to have military status from the term 'general'. Vladamir crawled towards the bars ahead of him.

"Hey, let me out of here!" He spoke, pulling at the bars. "If this is some sort of sick game, I'm not laughing. The government forces will have you eliminated within a few hours."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"Hah, yes!" Aki cried, pulling free the drum magazine from the rubble of the gunstore. Another magazine for his Thompson. They'd been hardly to come by, especially in the apocalypse. He carefully set down his backpack and pulled out the spare .45 caliber catridges he'd found before, loading them one by one into the magazine. When he finished he had only a handful of rounds without a magazine, and at least five magazines worth of ammo. Grinning, he stuffed the newly loaded mag into his backpack with his supplied, zipped it up and shouldered it. He'd spent enough time here, he should get back to the others. Besides, they might want to go "shopping" in the burnt out store for a gun too.

Though maybe Ralith should be kept from the guns. I still have a scar from that time he got that RPG or whatever... he thought as he turned around.

Then something smashed into his face, hard.

He woke with a groan, his eyes fluttering open to discover that he was now in a dank, medieval looking cell. Mumbling a curse he rose to his feet, and stumbled over to the door. Aki gripped the bars for support, peering through them to get an idea of where he was.

"Marty? This better not be one of your goddamn tricks Marty, you damned demonic f***..." he said.

Receiving no response, he trailed off.

"Okay, maybe it's not Marty...um, Hello?"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I'm closing the RP to new players. I want to keep it from getting over crowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anubis was about to respond when the sound of a large door opened down the hall. He heard new voices, commenting on the occupants of the cells.

When they arrived to his cell he saw three people two men and a woman. A man and a woman dressed in fine clothing the other man looked over weight and smelt like a pig.

"Ooh, who is this brute!?" the woman asked gesturing to Anubis.

"excuse me?" anubis growled.

As if he weren't even there, the man answered. "Oh him, we just barely received him. Apparently this one is.. was a high ranking military general. He comes from a world where they are able to use their souls as weapons. He's a martial arts master both in hand-to-hand and sword, also he can do wonders with all kinds of fire arms. top that off with over twenty years of combat experience."

"we'll like to see this fight as well" said the well dressed man.

"How the f*** you know so much about me?" Anubis growled

"Slaves, don't speak until spoken to." the rich man returned.

"I'm no slave, meat. For you own sake you better release me, and return me home."

"Or you'll what?" the man said with a sadistic smile.

With that Anubis's eyes glowed a brilliant blue. What can be only call a tentacle of blue light shot from anubis's glowing ora. impaling the rich man to the wall. the woman fell to the floor screaming.

"Or I'll do what i do..." before he can finish the statement. A searing pain came over him, the kind of pain he never felt before, he'd before tortured before, but nothing came close to this. He lossed consciousness, and fell to the floor.
THE GAME

My Armory
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

After several minutes of listening to several people who'd been brought to cells, three people came walking down the hallway. After a brief exchange, the person in the next cell over slammed a man into the wall and rendered the woman unconscious. Jarod had no idea what happened to the third man, but he heard the person in the next cell fall over.

"They must've knocked him unconscious for being a pain in the a**..." Jarod said to no one in particular

He sat down on the small bench in the cell and rested his paw on his chin.

So this is great, we're pawns in a little game to see who can last the longest. he rolled his eyes Well, at least I know to avoid the guy next to me.

Wondering if someone could be coming for him, Jarod drew his 9 millimeter and kept it by his side.

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka tried to look at what had happened, but could not see.
She only heard the conversation that had been going on between some military general and other people
not known to Ouka, yet.

" A Military General? Maybe he'll be able to help out all these people in here. That is if he is willing to..."

thought Ouka as she reached towards her blades, readying them for attack. She kept thinking if she should speak up, but if she did, would she be killed?
But not to the General, is sounded like he fell. Before to long, Ouka decided to speak to other people, to find out why this was going on.
But manly, she was starting to feel uneasy, and wanted to stop the silence that was overtaking her.

" Hello? Please, may I speak to some one? Is anyone there? I need to know..."

Once again, she felt like crying but she imminently stopped herself.
She did not want to be weak if someone was going to attack.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

With a hopeless groan, Vladamir backed away from the bars, realizing that whoever had captured him had no intention on setting him free. He pulled a combat knife off of his ammo belt and examined over its shining blade. With a panicked movement, he rushed back over to the bars, crouched down, and began using the blade as a mirror to see what was going on outside his cell. He could see a couple of people standing outside one of the other cells, one of which was pinned to the wall; the other lying on the ground. Vladamir turned the blade and focused it on the cell beside his own. He could see the reflection of a woman who seemed to be preparing for an attack. Vladamir sighed in relief.

"I'm glad to see that I'm not the only prisoner in here," he spoke in the direction of the woman's cell.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod heard the sounds of a woman in the next to him, relieved that he wasn't just stuck with the General.

Good, maybe I won't have to be stuck with the just General then.

Bored, he decided to respond to the woman's question.

"Hey, its the guy in the cell to you right. Name's Jarod and no, I have no idea how any of us got here."

Jarod stood up and walked to the bars of his cell. He looked at the lock on his cell for a few seconds it was a simple key lock. He grabbed the lockpicks from pocket on his right leg and gave it a shot. After a little while he realized the it just wasn't going to open.

What kind of hell hole is this?

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka heard the sounds of others talking to her, she sighed in relief that she was not just with the General.
Sadly though, she could not help but feel upset when Jarod spoke to her, that he didn't know where we where.
She happily turned toward the left of the cell to respond to the unknown person.

" I'm glad to know too." Said the lycan, as she had a faint grin on her face.
Ouka returned to the center of the cell to talk to both of the men right next to her, on the left and right.

" I am Ouka Toboe. It is nice to meet you, Jarod. And you stranger, what is your name? I must know.
And I must say, it is a shame that we have no clue on what place this is, or where it is located...............
What type of place is this?..."

Said Ouka, sitting in a position with her legs crossed. It looked as if she was meditating.
She flicked her tail once to feel the presence of the people in the rooms, but she could not, she could only feel her own
heart beat.

" I wonder how many people are here in this unknown hell..." Whispered Ouka to herself.
She stood up and walked back to the barred door. Lifting her hands up with a blade in hand, she tried to slice the metal in half
but she could not prevail. It only made her bounce off and hit the wall with a loud thud.
She yelped in agony for the pain shot up her back and to her head, feeling a bit of blood drizzle down her eye and to her mouth.

" Sh*t!" yelled the wounded woman, grabbing her head with her hand.
She couldn’t help but keep thinking of what a fool she was on doing that.
Though feeling like a fool, she wanted to ask one more question;

" I have a suspicion that you two have already tried to get out, nay? ..... there's no way out of this, is there?...."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Aki grabbed the bars of his cell door tightly, pressing his face up against them to try and get a better look at the others. "Perhaps, Miss Toboe," he said. "But I would not think it wise you discuss escape plans without earshot of what seem to be either our captors or those that work for them."

"Since we're all getting acquainted here, I'm Aki. Nice to meet you lot, even if I can't see you."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

It only took Anubis a few seconds to regain consciousness. Waking face down in the dirt floor. He ground his body ached from the event that just over took him.

"How was he able to do that? i thought their weapons, and their own abilities couldn't hurt us." the voice demanded that he recognized as the rich man.

"I apologize, we had no reason to suspect that his spiritual powers wouldn't be affected by the charms and spells we set in place." the slave master pleaded.

"Beast, how is it that you powers aren't weakened?" asked the woman.

"You f*** don't know who and what are you messing with, I run an organization that protects the peaceful sentience of my world. We have technologies, and sorcery beyond your primitive understanding. As we speak they are tracking my spirit through the multiverse, when they do they'll mount an invasion and completely tear your world apart. I'm well, known and highly respected. Believe it or not to my disliking my people pretty much hero worship me. They'll be pissed, and they'll wont rest until they get me back." Anubis growled

"Really, it's quite unwise to speak of a rescue attempt, dog."

"I know but it wont matter for two reasons. Your arrogance wont take that treat seriously, besides even if you did it's not going to matter." Anubis said with a grin coming across his face.
THE GAME

My Armory
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka got up off the floor and swept the dust off her kimono. She flicked a stray hair out of her face and stood there for a couple of seconds.

" I know we shouldn't, but I was merely trying to ask if any of you tried already, Aki. Besides, even if we did discus it, I doubt that someone would hear. They're probably deciding who should fight who,20 now."
Said Ouka. She paced back and forth across the small room, trying to think of a way to get out. But she knew that there truly was none.
She could not help but think of her pupils safety. And Ouka, could not help but feel saddened by the fact that she would probably be killed, and not be able to go back to her home.

Knowing that she was no match to the men in this hell hold, for she knew that at lest, some of them had guns.
She pondered over how she could escape from a match with someone. Maybe she could find an exit, a door opened.
But for now, all she could do was wait.

" ...... I wish I was with my young ones again." Ouka said, as she leaned up against a wall.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod sat back down on the bench after eventually giving up on picking the lock. There was speech from the General's cell, he must've gotten back up to argue with the captors again.

He thought to himself for a second, what if there truly was no way out? What if he really had to fight the people around him to survive? The predicament was certainly unfair, there had to be a way to get out of here without fighting, odds were he was the weakest of the bunch.

Jarod flicked the safety off if his handgun, knowing that the captors would likely come to him next.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

This game thread has become inactive through lack of responses over time. I have discussed the matter with anubis and he has allowed me to remake the collector on this thread. Any new players who wish to join, please enter character details on the creation thread of the collector. Any old players from this who wish to do it again, please PM me and I'll get you involved again.

Thunderclaw
Recreatinga an RP that can be great at full potential.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis

Post by Cyberwatt »

http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

"You're so dead," Casey Stuart snarled.

His opponent, Sara, a petite, college-age woman just laughed. A split second later she delivered an impossible roundhouse kick straight to his head, following quickly with a sword straight through his chest while he was still staggering back.

The little red bar at the top of the screen blinked and Casey's avatar collapsed on the screen with an dramatic spray of very fake looking digital blood. "How the hell did you--" He looked over at Sara, who was smiling smugly. He took a step away from the old Mortal Combat arcade game. "Johnny Cage, you've failed me for the last time." He said with a sad shake of his head.

"Don't feel too bad, Casey," Sara said, patting him on the shoulder, her voice dripping with false sympathy. "I have three brothers and I've crushed them all too."

Casey gave the girl a smile. "Things would have played out very differently if we had a Ms. Packman machine in here. That little round yellow woman and I are absolutely unstoppable." Sara sniggered.

"Hey! I know it's slow right now, but there's no way in hell I'm paying the two of you to play video games." Casey and Sara both looked up at Zephyra, the manager of the Hare's Foot Bar and their boss. Z held out a broom in Sara's direction. "You can sweep up back in the storeroom until things pick up," she told the younger woman, who scurried off to obey. "And you," she rounded on Casey, who gave her the most charming grin he could. Such things tended to have no affect on Z though. "You shouldn't even be here, Casey," she said, her tone becoming a bit gentler as she spoke. "Moonrise is in a little over an hour."

Casey sighed, he knew, how could he not? He constantly felt the motion of the moon like an itch in the back of his brain, especially when it was the night before a full moon. He knew, he just hated feeling to trapped by something out of his control, even after almost two years as a therianthrope. "I'm going, I'm going," he muttered, holding up his hands in surrender to Z's motherly glare. She tried to act like a bitchy boss from time to time, but she truly cared about all of her employees.

"Good," Z said, "the last thing I need is for my bartender to turn into a wolf or a tiger or something and make them think they've already had enough to drink." Casey smiled as he picked up his things from behind the long mahogany bar. He slipped the shoulder holster and handgun on first, then covered them expertly with his jacket, tugging at it until no one could notice the lump of the gun. It was almost redundant for him to carry around a gun these days, but never leaving the house unarmed was a long, hard habit to break and bad things tended to happen when he did. That was, after all, how Casey had wound up a therian in the first place. He'd been caught offguard, something he absolutely hated.

Just as he was closing the bar's front door behind him, a strange sense of dizziness came over Casey. For a split-second he panicked, thinking he might somehow be losing control of his shape, but this was different, this was...

His thoughts turned sluggish and a strange fog seemed to descent on his senses, blurring them all. He tried to call out for Z or any of the other girls back in the bar, but the sound never made it past his lips as he felt his legs give out from under him and the fog encased his mind totally.

"How is it that this sort of stuff never happened to me back when I drank?" Casey muttered as he regained consciousness. For a long moment he didn't open his eyes, using what he could of his other senses to try and determine where he was. The air was musty and stank of unwashed flesh and fur and...blood. That all too familiar scent made Casey finally open his eyes. He swore as soon as he saw the cell, especially since he didn't recognize its make. It wasn't one of the Kresnik's basement cells, or a police holding cell, or anything he thought he would belonging to any other individual or group in the area. There wasn't much light, but he could easily adjust his eyes a bit to let them function better in the dark. The cell itself was primitive and spartan, and highly unsanitary looking. One wall, containing the only door, was lined with bars.

From somewhere outside of the cell he heard a cultured voice call out, "Hello?"

Casey hurried to the bars, pressing his face against them as he tried his best to see out of the cell. He didn't see anyone in the hall, so he guessed the voice came from one of the other cells he could see lining the walls. "Hey!" He called back toward the other voice. "What the f*** is going on here?!"
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Hearing the voice from what was presumably an adjoining cell, Alastar stepped up to the bars and rubbed his head in confusion, casting his gaze about him in an effort to gauge the scope of his situation. "I assure you, when I find out you'll be the first to know, whoever you are."
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge Aquos slowly stopped. He felt a tide of pain and confusion. Someone, somewhere had not only been whisked away from the world they knew, but their complete dimension. The feeling was strong, and Surge knew that at the stregnth of the signal, there was more than one person. He heard a twig snap, and changed his senses to focusing in the nearby area. He felt numerous hostilities, surrounding him, intent on snatching him from his world, and undoubtedly taken to the same place as the those he had felt in the rip in the dimensions. He scrambled quickly for one of his small devices, and pressed the button.
"Sending a rapid distress signal. We have a rip in dimensions, and numerous enemies. Anyone recieving this please alert.."
He was unable to finish, as his attackers jumped at him simultaneously, and he had to spiral out the way and draw his swords and fight.

He was awoken later by conversation, and tried to remember the past events.
"Ahhrghh....My head.."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

"Lovely," Casey grumbled at the revelation that the guy in the cell over didn't know anything either. "Name's Casey by the way." He offered to the other prisoner. After taking another look down the corridor in both directions, Casey took a step back from barred door. Instead he turned his attention to the lock on the door. He couldn't really see it from inside the cell, but sliding his hand out from between the bars he could feel it.

"So, neighbor," he called out to the other man in the cell next to his. "You do anything lately that would piss anyone off enough to throw you in some Medieval knock-off dungeon? I'm only asking because if I ask myself the same question the list is usually too long to be of any help." Casey continued to try and feel the lock on the other side of the door. From what he could tell it wasn't as simple and primitive as the rest of the cells were going for, but it wasn't electronic or digital, which meant he at least stood a chance at picking it. Reaching into the back pocket of his jeans he was relieved to see that his wallet and the Leatherman-like tool were both still there. Frowning, Casey reached up and pulled back his jacket, utterly astonished to find that his gun was still in its holster. It was even still loaded.

"What sord of dumbfuck locks a man up and doesn't even check him hard enough to find a big ol' handgun?" Casey mused, as much to himself as to the man in the other cell. For a moment he considered trying to shoot the lock off, but that didn't always work and it would certainly cause more noise than he wanted to make right now. Instead he pulled out the Leatherman and pulled it open. Casey's small tool didn't have the same pieces that the similar devices sold in stores contained. There was no bottle opener, screw driver head or tweezers on this one. Instead there was a silver knife and a small set of lock picks, among several other unusual things.

Casey smiled a bit. His former employers at the Kresnik had never bothered to come and collect their toys after he'd quit, so he still had a few, like this one and his gun, and for the first time in quite a while he was thankful for their cruel ingenuity. The lock picks weren't the greatest, but they were sturdy and much better than nothing. Detaching them from the larger multi-tool he set about picking the lock as best he could. "Hey," he called back over to his cell neighbor. "Beers are on you man if I can get us out of here."
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Alastar raised an eyebrow at the comparatively coarse speech of his fellow inmate even as he heard the groan of yet another prisoner in a different cell. "Perhaps we should think about buying things only when we've firmly established that money is worth something wherever we are.

"As to enemies... well, I think we all have those. Perhaps the proper question is, 'Who do we know that would wish to place us in prison rather than simply kill us outright?' Even more to the point, who has the resources to bring us here by such unusual means?"

While he spoke, he began to test the bars. They seemed to be simple iron. Fairly easy to bend if he wished. But as that would mean revealing his true nature to the other inmates, it would be imprudent to do so.

What was worse... he would have to sleep eventually. And there were no restraints in this nearly featureless cubicle. If the dreams came again tonight...

No, best not to think about it until the time came.
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

Cyberwatt wrote:Alastar raised an eyebrow at the comparatively coarse speech of his fellow inmate even as he heard the groan of yet another prisoner in a different cell. "Perhaps we should think about buying things only when we've firmly established that money is worth something wherever we are.
Casey snorted as he started trying to pick the lock on his cell door. "Is that a way of saying you don't have the money, because I've never met a bar that doesn't take Visa. I should know, I tend bar in one hell of a dive. What about you? What do you do?" Talking might have distracted most people from the more important task at hand, but honestly Casey found it relaxing. It also helped cover the scraping and clicking sounds of what he was doing.

"As for people who would want to throw me in a cell rather than kill me, I've got a few of those kind of enemies. Hoped I'd discouraged them when I offed the last one though." He also knew people with the resources to knock him out and drag him to wherever here was. It wasn't their style though, for the most part, although he had pissed off quite a few vampires recently. A few of them were even pretty powerful. They wouldn't have left him with his gun though, or his multi-tool, or without a few neck wounds.

"Dammit!" Casey swore as one of the picks slipped. This was difficult when he couldn't actually see what he was doing. Gritting his teeth, he tried again.
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

In spite of himself and this outlandish situation, Alastar found himself chuckling. "A dungeon whose warders accept Visa. What a quaint idea."

He knew he should be nervous as at least one of his fellow prisoners was some sort of (professed) malcontent. Perhaps sixty or more years ago, as men recorded time, he would have been. Alastar's smile faded as he considered the harshness and ignorance of youth. There were far worse things than human miscreants.

"Somehow I doubt that we are here due to any crime you may have committed, my friend. In any event, it's good to know I'm not alone here.

"We haven't been properly introduced, by the way. I'm Doctor Alastar Connolley, professor of logic and philosophy, Harvard. Pleased to meet you, Mister..."