In The Shadows..- Character creation

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Re: In The Shadows..- Character creation

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

I also have other character bios, but they are not of this forum as of yet...well, Tenshi kind of is and so is Kyousei, but those are just a small few.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Here's Caelean's full 16 years. XD

Bio:
Caelean was hatched near the Canada/U.S.A. border above Washington State. There was one other egg, but it never hatched. Being alone, she would've died if she was born in the winter. Lucky timing allowed her to survive for the first few weeks, eating the unhatched egg, but living without shelter. Incapable of flying, she had to survive within the mountainous woods, freezing nights and without another dragon, let alone another monster, in sight. This journey took her three years, wondering East towards the Great Lakes. Although surviving alone made her more independent, she was generally weaker than what she would've been with an adult; she should've started flying by the end of her second year.

Almost given up on life, she was found by the witch, Zhirisa Kimu. Zhirisa knew enough about dragons to calm Caelean's temper and take her home. The witch nursed her back to health, giving her the name, "Caelean," witch tongue for "Arrow Rider." Despite professional care, Caelean would always be weaker in the cold than regular dragons because of her neglected infancy. She taught her how to fly as best as she could, and, knowing the trials of monsters, taught her a human transformation spell whenever they needed to be among the human populace. Except for the trips into towns and cities, Caelean's life consisted only of her and Zhirisa the witch.

Though, early on in the human fight against monsters, two was a dangerous number.

Their area was trespassed by trained dragon hunters, having heard that there were some in northern North America. Caelean, now twelve years old, heard that they slayed at least one dragon. She was curious to find out about any more dragons, her hidden pack instincts wanting to be with dragon-kin. Her curiosity almost killed her, if it weren't for Zhirisa. She sacrificed her life and magic to protect Caelean. With her dragon rage, she took revenge on the hunters, killing them both.

She took to the skies, mourning for Zhirisa, but wondering about family. She was close to Zhirisa, but she never felt a true bond to her. Her past of witchery asside, she started her search for any other dragons out there, especially if her parents were still alive.

Powers and Natural Abilities:
Caelean's "claws and jaws" routine is mainly for defence, preferring to get in close to her targets rather than ranged attacking. Her tail is effective for repelling humans, though the growing spikes at the end is lethal to the head or vital organs. Her head's horns are used for the same purpose as the spikes.

Like the dragons of mythology, Caelean has a fire breath, though she rarely uses it. Creating her flamethrower takes away vital heat, and she hates it when it's cold. It reminds her too much of her toddler years.

Her magic consists of two main spells: Transformation and Submission. Transformation is her ability to change into a human, complete with attire and a "signature" form that she is most accustomed to. Submission is something she learned for herself; she is able to stare into a human's eyes and get whatever she wants from them. She has not mastered Submission, so she only uses it on cowardly or weak-willed people.

---

Yeah. I'll try to do Clark's bio next time. And I'll probably edit this more. XD
Last edited by Moss27 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

I finally have mine up.

Name: Ouka Reluna ( Tsukiyo ) Ookami
Date of birth: November 4th
Sex: Female
Species: Lycanthrope
Siblings: Kiba ( Mangetsu ) Ookami

Her Pack and language:
Ouka was born in Wyoming, Yellowstone forest. Her father was the Alpha and so was her mother, there pack’s name was Ookami. ( Wolf ) Ouka’s middle name “Reluna’ means “dark moon’, there language is mixed up from many languages around the world including Japanese, Spanish, English, and of course Wolfen.( which has a rough tone sounding almost Celtic.) “Re’ comes from Wolfen meaning “dark’ and “Luna’ from Spanish word “moon’. “Ouka’ is a full Wolfen word meaning “Wolf mist’. Her full name would be pronounced in the correct way, usually said perfectly by a Lycanthrope would be, “ Ohka de mi Re-Ulna” which fully means
“ Wolf mist of the dark moon”. Tsukiyo is a name she acquired by a Japanese man she met in a sushi bar. He called her “ Moonlit evening” because every evening she would come into the bar to eat sushi, and because he saw that some days her eyes would shine like the moon.

Bio:
When Ouka was just a pup, her mother and father where attacked by hunters, who where drunk and only out for game. They managed to protect Ouka, hiding her in they’re cave with her Grandmother Kai and blocking the path so that the hunters would not be able to get inside. Hours came and went and it seemed like it was safe to go out. Sadly more hunters came and threw fire inside the cave through the small holes that where at the entrance. Ouka and Kai was able to get out of the inferno only singed, but her parents perished in the fire. Kai mourned for her corpse sister and not noticing the hunters behind them, where captured and sent to the New York state zoo at Thompson park. They where able to escape from the zoo. Kai managed to kill two of the zoo keepers and took they’re clothes so that her and Ouka would be able to escape in human form. Ouka then was only a wolf cub so she could not shift into human form.

Ouka and Kai lived they’re lives at a hotel for a while, Kai kept a job as a maid and Ouka would help her out when needed. At age 10, Kai taught Ouka how to make a calling for the “Monsters’ to come. She also taught her to hunt at night and catch humans who lived out on the streets, shift back and fourth from human to wolf, and even fight with a sword. Kai loved telling Ouka stories of different 'Monsters', and Ouka loved to hear them. Kai was like a mother to her.

At age 15, Ouka came into they’re room one day and found Kai laying on the floor, bleeding from her chest. Ouka ran to her to find out if Kai had passed away, but thankfully she was wrong. Kai accidentally stabbed herself with a knife and was unable to heal her wound using her wolf powers. Kai told Ouka to leave because she was unable to protect her and take care of her anymore. Ouka was devastated to hear that she wanted her to leave, but every breath Kai took, she would turn more and more into a wolf. Ouka had to leave her grandmother. Kai was 105 years old, and now her age caught up with her, and she became a beautiful white wolf. Kai had learned before how to save herself by transforming into a full spiritual wolf.

Ouka years later learned how to act more like a human, to speak to humans without feeling any hunger, and even learned humanly ways. But she kept her wolf side close to her. Later on in her twenties, she found out that there where these so called “Hunters’ who would kill off any “Monsters’ they had found. Ouka felt hatred toward the humans, of any type, who would kill animals just for fun and not for nourishment. But she felt love and happiness for the humans who wanted to protect “Monsters’ and animals.

She found onetime at the age of twenty-three, a sword with a gold crescent-like top and down on the blade had a image of silver twisting wolves as if they where about to attack each other. She named it Mikazuki, which means in Japanese, “crescent’. ( Currently in the RPG, the sword is hidden in a old building near a magic store called “ tomb mist” )

It is said that when the “monsters’ look at the two wolves on the blade, they either get stronger when the two wolves become blue instead of silver or they become afraid to even look at the blade or it’s wielder when the wolves become red. When the red shows the people looking at the blade will see the wielders true terrifying form. Humans are affected by this too.

Abilities:
Ouka doesn’t have many. What she can do with her sword is limited by her strength. One of
Mikazuki’s power is a attack technique called “Kyuushi”( pause ) which the wilder can slice in a crescent motion that causes the victim to be slowed down in time as the wilder can attack without being attacked. This takes up a lot of energy and lasts as long as up to 3 minuets. Another technique is manly defensive in drastic times and could be a attack if needed; this technique is called “Banken” ( Watchdog ) The wilder summons the two wolves ( as seen on the blade ) and the two wolves appear at the attacker, holding down the attacker by the legs with they’re jaws. If needed to be an attack, the wolves close they’re jaws and puncture the attacker in the legs, causing the attacker to fall to the ground from the intense pain. In attack mode, this takes up too much energy and is rarely used.

Mikazuki’s power does not end there. Ouka has not released it’s full strength yet, but she knows what to do. One ability that she must release is accomplished by letting her sword pierce her closest friend and covering her sword in they’re blood. Another is that when she is close to death she must cut herself to give Mikazuki another ability. Ouka knows this but she can not stand to do these things.
Last edited by OukaHowls on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Hell, I might as well do one as well...

Name: Daniel Browning
DOB: July 6th
sex: Male
Species: Warlock

Bio: Daniel, though he currently resides in NYC, was born in the witch-town: Salem, Massachusetts. Daniel was exposed to what he was and what his family were early in his life and very, very regularly. As he attended the normal schools that all children did, he was tutored in the arts of magic. It was actually rather minimal in terms of usable content until he was old enough to understand why it must be done in secret, but once he was he was able to understand this, he was fully drawn into it, taught how the casting of a spell worked - be it a well-practiced rote, or one made up on the fly.

Still, the young warlock kept pace with the world of humanity he knew and spent just as much time in. Whilst his family saw magic the older ways, in the various traditions of the older orders of magic, Daniel took more to the modernized views of magic-practice espoused by some of the youngest magely orders, ones founded a century or sooner ago. To them - and by extension, to Daniel - reality was not unlike a computer program, and a mage like a programmer. They held the source-code to reality itself and could effect any change they wished so long as it was within their knowledge and power. It was not some divine gift, the providence of the gods or some such similar ancient mysticism - it was what it was; the power to mold reality into something better.

As he progressed into college, Daniel continued to work on his magical studies, seeking a synergy between machine and magic, the scientific and the arcane. Once he was out and into the working world, he had created a couple items that represented this, a pair of handguns since he realized the need for self-defense, especially when there were monster hunters in the world. Working largely out of his home as a web developer and programmer, Daniel has a minimal presence in the human world, save for the Internet which he is a big fan of thinks could be useful in conjunction with magic - how, he doesn't know yet, but he thinks a use is there. Perhaps a bad use too, since he didn't doubt that there were mage equivalents of hackers who would abuse such. Recently, Dan has moved to NYC, figuring one of the world's most prominent cities would prove useful to his research. His sanctum - his home, where he keeps all his accumulated knowledge stored both on paper and digitally, all encrypted and written in the ancient Witch-Tongue.

Abilities:
Magic: Daniel is, obviously, a warlock, mage, wizard, whatever you call him, he does magic. Daniel is by no means a master of magic, but he is adept with several of the categories of magic, namely the ones that govern the physical world than anything else. Daniel's magic revolves mainly upon manipulating the world around him, transforming himself or things, and harnessing natural phenoma as attacks (bolts of lightning, balls of fire, causing the Earth to suddenly rise up as impaling spikes, etc.). Magic of this sort is limited entirely by skill, a mage's imagination, and how deep their reserves of magic are.

Sympathetic Magic: This magic is still magic, but of a different sort. Whilst normal magic can be performed in the span of a few seconds, sympathetic magic always requires a ritual, and always requires knowing the name of the target or at least having some very personal item or a part of them (hair, blood, fingers...etc.). The trade off for this lengthy (and sometimes costly!) set up is that there is no need to be able to see the target, for a sympathetic spell forges a brief connection between the caster and his target, enabling him to cast a spell on them no matter where in the world they are. A classic example of sympathetic magic is the ancient "Voodoo doll" which, by making a effigy of the target as a cloth doll and attaching either some personal belonging or blood/hair/etc. enables the user to inflict harm upon the target, though only the most powerful mages are actually able to kill or seriously injure via sympathetic magic as it takes an incredible amount of skill to force magic to work in such a way. Still, even an adept can cause some trouble with it... and Dan is adept enough for that much.

Eagle Eye and Ghost Tap: Dan's two enchanted pistols. Eagle Eye is an enchanted 1911 .45 pistol, inherited originally from his grandfather who was issued it during WW2. Then it was a rather ordinary pistol, now however it is far more accurate. Eagle Eye grants it's user greater perceptive ability so long as it is in the user's hand, enabling far more precise shots than normal. Ghost Tap is far more fantastic and blatantly supernatural however, it is an ancient Walker Colt revolver that no longer fires normal bullets. Ghost Tap's cylinder is a minor magic resevoir, which it draws from to fire magical projectiles which can pierce both flesh and material things like spirits and ghosts are made of. The reservoir allows the revolver about thirty shots before needing to be replenished - either at a fount of magic energy or from Dan's own reserves. both are currently stashed in Dan's cache in an abandoned warehouse, which is conveniently also a minor magical fount.

Draw Mana: Though through simple passage of time a mage can restore his reserves of magic, a fount of magic - a place resonant with mythical energy - can allow him to draw straight from the source of pre-existing energy. Such founts, like magic users, replenish over time as well. Every mage knows how to do this trick for the sheer usefulness of it - sometimes one can't afford to wait.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

This looks like fun. It might take me a bit to get caught up and read everything, lol.

Name: Kace Mcgrenor
Sex: Male
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Height: 6'2"
Species: Human

Background: After recieving multiple war wounds, Kace was sent back to the United States, eventually left having to fend for himself.Born in a relatively quiet desert town, he quickly grew tired of the city life of New York City, but found the city's architecture nice enough to stay. When he returned home, not having anything better to do, he became involved with the privately owned company known as DFH, or Defense Force Humanity, of which was supposedly formed in the closing years of the battle between monsters and humans, long ago, to aid the humans in any further conflict with the monsters; the company itself is viewed by the people to be a sub-division of the army, which it truly isn't. Quickly becoming a prime asset to the company, Kace rose to become one of the top positions, and was considered the voice between the DFH and the government troops. Now, he spends many of his days overseeing operations within the newly built DFH headquarters.
Interests: Money, Guns

Personality: Kace was a relatively quiet person during his pre-city life, rarely asking questions, and obeying orders given during his time in active service. However, after recieving serious wounds in the war, he returned home as a much more outgoing and aggressive person

History:

After hearing of his parents' death, Kace fled his childhood town at a young age, wanting to escape anything that could remind him of their passing. Around the age of eighteen, Kace enlisted in the Army, in need of both cash and a shelter. During an aid mission, he recieved multiple war wounds, and was forced to return home. After getting surgery, which failed to fully heal his wounds, he decided to abandon the rural lifestyle and move to New York City. Left both jobless and broke, he began seeking work in the city's commercial districts, and quickly came in contact with a few profitable organizations. Within a few months, Kace found himself a position within a corporation called DFH, and seemed to excel through the ranks, quickly becoming one of the company's prime executives.
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Mother
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silvermoon »

Can new people come in still? :(

If so, I'll post my character now just in case. If not, then I understand. :D

Name: Yami Light
Sex: Male
Bio: He was an alpha male until he was attacked and was forced to leave his pack behind. He has a scar over his right eye and is also blind in that eye because of the attack. He is wary of humans, he doesn't hate them, but instead is more mistrusting. He has shoulderl lenght white hair, amber eyes, stands at about six foot three inches. His wolf form is a white wolf. (You can ignore this part if you like, but this is what he normally is like.) He has four white wings, and makes his living as a fire dancer, or controller. He uses a lighter and does tricks for money. He smokes on occasion, if he's bored or stressed. He has slight ESP and has visions every once in a while. He doesn't understand half of them though.
Race: Werewolf
Likes: Reading, fire dancing, and running through the forests to relieve stress.

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Life gives you lemons, you throw them back.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

Name: Telki Rolands
Sex: Female
Appearance: Stands at about 5"5'. Her hair is dark brown, almost black (in bright light its easy to tell) and kept short. She is native American in decent. Her eyes are hazel. After living with Roark, her taste in clothes are similar to his. ((I'll have to work on the appearance a bit))
Race: Werepanther
Likes: Long walks in the woods at night, solitude, climbing trees, and stalking helpless animals
Sibs: Nekkas Rolands ((If the chance comes, another introduction))

Bio: Born into the Nekkon clan, which is scattered thinly across the world, Telki grew up with her parents and older brother, Nekkas, in a Idahoan city near the base of a mountain. She is closely related to the main branch of the clan. Compared with a normal child, she grew up in a middle class American family. While she and her brother where young, their father took them on camping trips and wilderness hikes. That's where she learned tracking and hunting techniques. Like identifying scratches on a tree and staying downwind from your prey.
Being a closer branch of the clan, there were very little that was kept secret. All her life she knew what she was, but later her abilities which no one can predict started to develop. ((See below section ^^))

On her 18th birthday she left home and ended up in the city. She loved being in a city, but where ever she went it was always to crowded. Thinking she was keeping a low profile, Telki never though of anyone that would want to hurt her for what she was. One night when she returned to her apartment, the door was cracked open. She went on high alert. Waiting for her inside was a small group of amateur hunters. They tried to catch her but by the time they collected themselves she was already outside.

The city never really saw her again, but she didn't leave. She wandered around the forest surrounding the city living a nomadic life, making the occasional stop to the city to "barrow" some items. Making a camp, hunting for food, and never staying there for more than a week. It took a while but eventually she found a small, yet roomy, cave. It was perfect considering there was a creek near by and thick forestation with a big enough patch of earth to grow somethings. Soon the cave was filled with handmade furnishings and tools. A feeling of accomplishment flowed through her as she thanked her father for teaching her survival methods.

Abilities:
Advanced Stealth - Fancy talk for being able to cloak herself or just about anything else. It requires a certain amount of concentration and effort depending on how much is being cloaked.
Elemental Control - Control over all the elements. Able to control any elemental force, however it becomes very taxing the more elements being manipulated/created or the magnitude at which the element is being controlled at. For example creating a fireball or lifting a boulder the size of a house is very difficult, but not impossible, due to the fact that it requires a lot of energy. Example - Controlling a flame while moving a block of ice and creating a whirlwind while throwing around several good sized rocks, is borderline impossible due to the fact that focus is split to much. However multiple control over a couple of good sized elements is doable.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/