In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean:

Caelean dived down, hearing Ouka's directions. As gently as she could, she turned around to follow the moving form of the lycan inside the building.

Dan said something about not liking heights. "Sorry, but it was kind of a dire situation." She thought.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan followed behind Ouka as close as he could, although in her wolf form it would be almost impossible to catch her. He had several thoughts of shifting himself but didn't want to fall too far behind. While running down the stairs he found himself wondering why he'd follow a stranger he'd never met with before. What really made her trustworthy?
He slowed down, he was running out of energy, getting tired; he was suprised that he'd let himself get this far out of shape.

"Hey, you mind slowing down?" he asked laughing to himself, almost tripping down the stairs.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

"%$@#!!" Clark cursed to himself as he was blown away from the vortex. He righted the helicopter and made for a safe recovery. "That scrawny punk pulled off that kind of magic?" He peeked outside of the helicopter; sure enough, the monsters were gone. He gritted his teeth and slammed his fists on the control panel. "Dang it! I was so close! I could TOUCH them, for crying out loud, and then that monster had to use magic!"

Landing the helicopter on the nearest open roof, he jumped out and blew off some steam. "AAAAHHHH!!!!!" He kicked and punched at the helicopter, creating some decent dents. He even used up the bullets he never got to use.

Suddenly, his pocket started to vibrate. Spent of all built-up energy, he reached into his pocket. It was a cellphone, and it was a text message. Clark flipped open the cell and read the name, "Jenny". He opened the message:

Dad, you'd better come home right now!

Clark smirked at the message. She knew he was out hunting, he could tell. "Alright," he said to himself. He looked in the direction where he encountered the monsters. "I just need to amuse Jenny for a while. Then I'll go hunting, again. This time, I'm not going to be alone."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka finally found herself slowing down. A bolt of pain shot through her whole body, as she tried to get to the place she desperately needed to go to in order to retreat and aid her wounds. " I am sorry, we need to get there fast, we're almost there." She said, straining her voice. Ouka hit a point that she could not run any more, the blood dripping down her arms made loud thuds on the floor for some odd reason. “ My ears must be more acute right now..” She thought to herself, walking down the end of the stairs onto the cold hard surface of the parking lot.

She looked down at her arms, examining the shots in them. Her silvery fur was stained with a red liquid as she could tell that her right arm was shot twice, both inches away. Ouka lifted up her head, and perked up her ears. " Is anyone wounded?" She said leaning on the wall staining it, as well, with her blood.
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

She finally saw Ouka slow down as she got closer to the road. Caelean's injured arm wasn't up to holding Dan, anymore; bright blood was staining Dan's clothes as well, and the blood made things a little more hard to handle.

There was an empty parking lot, no humans in sight. Caelean saw the silver of Ouka's fur, but she was slowed. Caelean transformed into her human form she touched ground, the night air and her injuries finally getting to her. She gently fixed Dan into a comfortable position on the wall as best as she could. She heard Ouka's question. "A shot at the arm... one on my ear... ow... maybe some scratches from close bullets... and I'm really cold...." She sank between Ouka and Dan, her body now clearly shivering. "If it's a clear sky in the morning, I'll probably be okay..."

Caelean looked at Ouka. "What about you?"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I'd be more worried about myself than anyone else," Johnathan said, examining the wounds in her arm. "I'm gonna guess that, out of all of us, you're the worst."

He looked back at his blazer, in astonishment that he'd been lucky enough to have the bullet pass all the way through; last time he'd been shot he had to go see a healer hidden amongst the normal citizens.

Johnathan looked out the window and finally tucked his weapon away after seeing the helicopter flying away.

"He's gone now, I think its safe to slow down." he took a few deep breaths as his adrenaline levels ebbed. "I'm no healer, but would it be alright if I took a look at your arm?"

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

Ronan walked out of an ally behind a bar. The streetlight was broken on this corner so the only light came from the moon. He was looking down at the ground, trying to light a cigarrett (sp) when a shadow was cast along the Ground. He looked up with the unlit cigarret in his mouth seeing a dark figure. "Now what can that be?" he said to himself.
Ronan ran, trying his best to get to where he thought it landed. He came to an empty parking lot with a group of people huddled around each other. Panting he walked over, cautiously.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka looked up at John, her eyes blurring out. " I'm fine. I just need rest. But if you wish, you may look at my arm." She said raising her arm to him. Ouka's ears caught the sounds of running footsteps coming toward them. She stared down the lot, eyes now as wolf's eyes, trying to see in the cold, dark night. " Someone is coming." She said, her voice harsh and angry. Ouka got up quick, startled and eyes glowing blue.

" Speak your name, stranger! Who are you and what do you want?!" Yelled the Lycanthrope, cautiously preparing to fight.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan spun around and drew his handgun once more. He could barely make out the faint outline of a man, but for all he knew, it could be the hunter again. But what if it wasn't? What if there was another who would be willing to accompany then? There was always strength in numbers...unless people started turning against each other, although John was hoping it wouldn't happen. They were each other's only hope at the moment.

"And just who might you be?"

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

As Ronan aproached the group, one got up and shouted, " Speak your name, stranger! Who are you and what do you want?!" with glowing eyes and another raised a gun and asked "And just who might you be?" He put his hands up, which was sometimes a ploy to get to his hiking/beating stick from his back.
"Whoa! No need to be hostile, names Ronan." He replied, holding his right hand out in a friendly manner still holding up the left. "I saw a figure in the sky and...well... was it a dragon? I've only been around one for a few days before, told me things." He smriked, trying to prove his innocense.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

John lowered his gun, but did not yet put it away, still wondering what the stranger was really doing here.

"In that case," John said, his finger twitching on the trigger "I feel I must apologize."

He sighed, what was he doing? He didn't know the man, the man didn't know him- he could easily still be a threat. Regardless, John stepped closer, almost putting the gun away.

"My name's Johnathan, John if you wish." he neatened his blazer "Why would you have any interest in a dragon flying around here? You a hunter? What the hell are you?"

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean looked up to see a stranger. Ouka and Johnathan got into the defensive, but the man only held up his hands and introduced himself. His name was Ronan. He also said... he was around a dragon?

"My name's Caelean." She hesitated. Caelean didn't know how to react to Ronan. He said he saw her come down, and he said he'd been around one other dragon before. But how could she tell he was telling the truth?

She wanted to ask about the other dragon, but if this guy was a hunter, then she didn't want to reveal that she was the dragon right away. "Why are you out, anyway?"
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka kept a fix on the so called, Ronan. She lowered her guard down a bit, but not fully, she did not know if he was a friend or foe.
Ouka's eyes still glowed brightly seeing into the night, she steeped forward a little closer, baring her teeth.
" I am Ouka." She said, slowly starting to transform into a Lycanthrope. The night was not her night, she could not control her shifting. " It must be the moon that is turning me." She thought to herself.

Ouka's temper could not hold, she had a long time of anger and pain tonight, and her fear and hunger for meat was high too. though, she did well trying to control the hunger, but was coming into her instincts.

" Ronan, why are you here? What is it that you want?" She asked, licking her arm of the sweet blood to feed the hunger. But did not let go of her gaze on him.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Ronan loosened up and lowered his left hand. The one with the gun lowered it but didn't put it away. He stepd closer.
Ronan "Well, John, the reason I'm interesting in a dragon flying around here is because one, it's a stupid move where ANYone could spot them and two, well it's a dragon! I've been searching for another for a while now." A smile now on his face. Lost in facination, he neglected to finish answering John's other question.
Caelean came up from behind the other two, she seemed to hesitate. "Oh, I was out partying with some friends tonight. Tell me, what's it like to fly with wings." He paused, enjoying the moment. "Oh and the only reason why I know it was YOU is because you seem a bit shy after I mentioned dragons....unless you're not the dragon, then my bad."
The one who's eyes were glowing and appeared to be shifting caught his attention.. "I'm here because I want to get to know you, learn things about you." She started to lick her bloody wound. "Are you alright?" He asked, taking a step forward.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Wait a minute," John said, putting the gun away; he'd just figured it all out "You're one of those protectors, aren't you?"

He had to be, there was no other reason for much interest. General city folk would've ran already, the general hunter would've tried to kill them by now.

He turned around to see the source of Ronan's interest, a partly transformed Ouka, licking her bloody wounds.

"I wouldn't do that." John said, steeping towards Ronan "She was rather uncomfortable as it was a few moments ago, and now she seems rather, well, feral. I don't think you quite know a wolves' lust for blood either, its not a little one."

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean tried to appear calm, but it was rather unnerving the way he spoke. She's usually not seen in dragon form, but Ronan clearly saw her. And he talked so casually. He already guessed that she was the dragon.

Caelean sighed and only slumped back against the wall and rubbed her bad arm. She was too worn out to get worked up again. She admitted, "Flying with wings is not fun if you're persistently stopped by humans." She smirked back. "Didn't know there were so many adoring fans out there."

John asked if he was a protector. If that was the case, then that would explain why Ronan was this calm around a dragon, let alone four 'monsters,' one of them an thread away from attacking the man.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka's lust for blood hungered more every second; she was hungry and ready to kill. Her thoughts focused on staying aware that he was not a foe, as far as she knew. Ronan stepped closer and Ouka backed away a little more, keeping her instincts away from him.
“You should not draw near; I am what John says.... I am weak right now, and I'd rather stay away from a human." She said, as she stopped licking her wound. It seemed to be healed more but her hunger was not.

“I am fine. I just need...." Ouka's fangs grew longer to a point; her mouth now drooled for blood, her eyes glowing brighter.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

"I am a protector." Ronan replied in a more serious tone, being stoped by John from going near Ouka. "Wolves' lust for blood? Right, I'll keep that in mind." He backed off a little. "I'm still a little in the dark about you guys, I've only been around a few like you before not being told much."
Ouka backed away as John stoped him. Clearly trying to protect him more than her. She stoped licking her wound.
Caelean slumped against the wall, rubbing her arm. "If by adoring fans you mean hunters, yeah. Doesn't sound like fun at all."
He looked around at the group. He glanced over at the fourth. "You guy's look beat up like no other. What happened to you all?"
He turned to Ouka as her sentence was cut short. "Are you sure you're..." He stoped suddenly. Ouka's eye's glowed brighter and her fangs grew longer. Ronan grabbed his stick off his back slowly, ready to defend himself if something went wrong.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Oh s***." Those were the only words John could muster at the moment

What could he do? He couldn't shoot her, that option was totally out of the question. He didn't see any possible way to calm her down either, they were like bleeding fish among sharks.

John saw Ronan prepare to arm himself with what appeared to be a fiberglass rod, a crude weapon, but an effective one; but still, he couldn't let one of his kind be killed either.

He wedged himsef further between Ouka and Ronan, in such a way that if she sprang for him that he could catch her...but then what?

He spoke to Ronan without turning around. "I don't know what's gonna happen next, but I do know that it'd be safer for her to attack me rather than you. There's odds that you might not survive, to be honest. To put it bluntly, I'd step back a bit."

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka's body, now shifting fully into a Lycanthrope. her jaws drooling, her hands flexed her claws, feet prepared to jump any minute. She could not hold any longer, it was too long from her fest. her instincts where high. Ouka's gaze was interrupted by John, she bared her fangs at him. Warning him to back off. You must let me feed! She said in wolf tongue. Since she was a Lycan, she could not talk in English.

Her mind was fighting with her Lycan side, she barely has any control over herself. Ouka stopped growling at him and paused.
"......" along silence. She lifted her head up slowly to see eye to eye with John, as if to talk to his soul. Her blue eyes staring at him. .... Help... I need to stop... I need... to feed!!! She yelled at him in wolf. Ouka bared her fangs at them again, threw her head up and gave a loud howl.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

John placed himself between Ronan and Ouka. The air was thick with tension. John told him "I don't know what's gonna happen next, but I do know that it'd be safer for her to attack me rather than you. There's odds that you might not survive, to be honest. To put it bluntly, I'd step back a bit."
Ronan actually took a step forward towards John in a quck fit of anger, he stoped suddenly hesitating and calming down. "With all due respect, I can defend myself. But you're right, you do have a better chance." He steped back, keeping an eye on Ouka. She fully shifted, an experience that looked painful to Ronan. "I'll be right here if you need me." He joked, even given the situation.
Ouka, her body language was tense and fierce, was speaking in wolf tounge. Ronan knew what it sounded like, but will never understand it. There was a pause of silence, 'She must be fighting for control.' He thought to himself, taking mental notes to be writen down later for future reference. She lifted her head to meet John's eyes and started to speak wolf again. "So I guess this means you're a wolf too, John." He said after Ouka's yelling. Just then she threw her head back and let out a loud howl. Ronan was only half faised (sp?), hearing a lycan's howl before.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean assessed the situation; there was blood all over, even though it all came from 'monsters.' Dan was recovering, Ouka's injured arm only giving more reasons why she should be angry, and John blocking her way from directly getting to Ronan. Caelean herself was practically useless as well, spent of energy and heat to use anymore transforming magic. Everyone was in danger.

With Ouka fully transformed, it was getting increasingly difficult to calm down or remain calm. Ouka howled. Not the best thing to do when we're on the ground... Caelean thought. She had seen werewolves hunting before, but never one this agitated or this close. "John, good luck holding her back." She wasn't kidding.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka got on all-fours, growling at them and showing her large fangs, dripping with saliva. She gave out a warning growl, loud as a truck.
" If you don't get out of my way....!!!" Ouka said, in wolfen. Her eyes now focused on Ronan, glowing at him. She licked her lips, and showed her teeth more to him. The sweet smell of blood on the ground made her hunger excruciating. She came silent, her senses where acute. All she could hear was her own heartbeat and everyone breathing.

Seconds later she prepared herself to leap, clenching the ground. She flicked her eyes back to John and uttered some words to him; " ... I had to long to wait, I need to eat...." Her blood lust began again. She leaped out at Ronan with her claws ready and gave a Roar.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"s***." Again, it was the only word John could muster as he saw Ouka leap at Ronin

His eyes widened and instinct took over, he had to keep them away from each other, but if she was still on her feet all effort would be useless. She would have to be subdued...somehow...

"C'mon, c'mon, time it right." he spoke to himself, trying to calm himself down.

He had to keep his adrenaline level in check, if it went too high- odds were that he'd change too; not a viable option. He had only managed to keep it under control all the while by sheer will, the current situation not aiding him in any way.

As she came closer in midair, John propped a shoulder in an attempt attempt to body check her to the floor, it would give Ronan a chance to run or whatever it was that he planned to do.

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Ouka growled and bared her fangs at Ronan. He raised his crude weapon like a quarter staff, his defensive stance. She spoke wolfen to John again. As quickly as he introduced himself, Ouka lunged forward.
John swore. It looked like he was trying to keep himself under control. As Ouka reached him, John body checked her to the ground.
Ronan stood his ground. Softly he repeated, "I'll be right here." His heart was racing and adrenalne ran through his body.